ACBB Hostel Niagara Reviews

5741 McGrail Ave., Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

I've been traveling for 3 months now and was starting to get a little homesick, ACBB was the perfect cure. Patrick and Shelly have a different approach with their guests were everyone who walks in the door is treating like family just popping in for a visit. It felt very homely and Patrick helped custom build my own 3 day Niagra adventure. All I can say is that their clearly doing something right, just look at the ratings and reviews!

the dorms top beds are too dangerous to go up well. I think you should change the bed style or put the safe lids.

We stayed at the hostel for one night. No air conditioning, but that was nothing that could not be fixed by opening the window for some fresh air. The shower was a little hard to use; fortunately there were other showers on the floor. The room and facilities were spacious and easy to get around. The location of the hostel was ideal! It was located on a quite street and only a 5 min walk to the falls and the rest of the towns happenings. The staff was helpful and friendly. Would recommend.

• 21st Aug 2013

Patrick, i think he is the owner of the hostel, was really very nice and helpful. The second I arrived, he gave me lots of info and tips about what to do, and how to do it the best way when you don't have much time. I suppose it is very important for them to have personal contact with their guests and I got the impression that they really cared about me and wanted to make my stay as good as possible. Although it was only one night, my stay at ACBB was a highlight of my whole trip.

Awesome staff, very friendly and helpful, great location, only a 4 minute walk to downtown, and most importantly, the rooms and washrooms were stocked and kept clean. I'm not a big fan of hostels, having had multiple bad experiences with them, but this was definitely one of the best ones i've been to.

• 19th Aug 2013

Convenient location, very nice staff, and a nice breakfast the next morning.

Great! really good

Is an old style hostel. It seems like a farm house, it doesn't have a party atmosphere, it's more calm, and peacefull. The staffs were normal people that live there, couldn't help me much of finding things to do there. It have one bathroom for each 3 rooms, so for more then 15 people. there is a free parking. it is really close to the tourims parts, but far enough to be calm. It is a calm place to send your traveling days, it is clean and good. nothing spetacular but i recommend it.

We enjoyed our stay at ACCB Hostel. Perharps it would be better if the toiletts were separated from the bathrooms (for urging moments !!!!!)

• 14th Aug 2013

As three 19& 20 year old girls we couldn't have hoped for a better experience to begin our travels. Arriving at 10am after an overnight bus trip we were kindly welcomed to the hostel, offered free breakfast, checked in early and had our bags delivered to our room. The location of the hostel was perfect within walking distance to the Main Street as well as the falls and above all the staff couldn't have been more helpful telling us the best spots to visit and helping with our every need.

• 14th Aug 2013

Great accommodations. Staff were very helpful. The manager even recommended an off the radar hike to us that we never would have otherwise known about, and it turned out to be our favorite part of our vacation. Reasonable prices for a great location. Healthy breakfast included was a plus. Went out for dinner with other guests a couple times and everyone we met were very friendly. Never would have been able to afford a Niagara Falls vacation without this hostel!

• 14th Aug 2013

An excellent couple of days! The staff at the hostel were amazing and friendly! They were knowledgeable about everything on offer in Niagara Falls and keen to help everyone get the best out of their stay. The included breakfast was especially good!

Great info on all other things other than just the falls and keep up the no hard plugs selling unlike other places that do try.

We spent one night in ACBB Niagara falls, and it was one of the greatest stay we had !! We choose it because of its very good comments, and we did not regret our choice ! Patrick and Shelly are adorables, very helpful and kind, they offered us an excellent welcome. Patrick drew us a map which was really clear, and told us about the things we should not miss in Niagara falls. We would definitely recommend it !!! ;) Valentin and Sophie

• 11th Aug 2013

Great Hostel - It was such a pleasure to be welcomed by the staff who were SO knowledgable on Niagara and surrounding area. The manager is a huge information machine about Canada in general - he helped me in huge amounts for my cross Canada trip. It's rare to find staff who will, and enjoy, going completely out of their way to make your stay amazing. Bed very comfortable, multiple kitchens and bathrooms to choose from, 5 mins walk to the falls, would, and am going to stay there again. Thankyou!

Very good value for money with ideal location and friendly staff and host - Patrick. The shower is a bit awkward with either hot or cold water, but I believe they are working on it. Fresh fruits yogurts and muffin for breakfast. Overall, it's the best hostel in that area.

I wrapped the tree in back yard before I left. Hopefully it could get better soon! It would be really nice if you could let me know if that tree still alive? Thanks for having us stay with you, it was a wonderful memories in Niagara Falls. Best wishes! Kimi

The staff make this place!! Patrick is a gracious host, and he chooses great people to work there. Emil and Mark were the two stand-out staff members for me. Both were super welcoming, extremely friendly, and helped make this a really great trip. They all offered some great advice on where to go to get the most out of the location - and it's great to get insider tips on what's good in Niagara (since it's so overwhelming) I would definitely come back here to stay!! Thank you guys!!

• 9th Aug 2013

I thought this hostel was great--the guys working there were friendly and did a good job of making sure the facility was clean and secure. The breakfast was pretty nice as hostel breakfasts go. Most importantly, the hostel is really well located--just a 5min walk from the epicenter of the tourist zone and an easy walk to the falls. My impression is that other hostels are closer to the bus station--a much less charming area that is also far away, i.e. a 30-40 min walk in the opposite direction.

Location is next to the centre. rooms are newly but poorly renovated. Breakfast and kitchen are poor. Staff was great. No credit card possible.

• 7th Aug 2013