ACBB Hostel Niagara Reviews

5741 McGrail Ave., Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls, Canada

The staff make this place!! Patrick is a gracious host, and he chooses great people to work there. Emil and Mark were the two stand-out staff members for me. Both were super welcoming, extremely friendly, and helped make this a really great trip. They all offered some great advice on where to go to get the most out of the location - and it's great to get insider tips on what's good in Niagara (since it's so overwhelming) I would definitely come back here to stay!! Thank you guys!!

• 9th Aug 2013

I thought this hostel was great--the guys working there were friendly and did a good job of making sure the facility was clean and secure. The breakfast was pretty nice as hostel breakfasts go. Most importantly, the hostel is really well located--just a 5min walk from the epicenter of the tourist zone and an easy walk to the falls. My impression is that other hostels are closer to the bus station--a much less charming area that is also far away, i.e. a 30-40 min walk in the opposite direction.

Location is next to the centre. rooms are newly but poorly renovated. Breakfast and kitchen are poor. Staff was great. No credit card possible.

• 7th Aug 2013
  • Finland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We had a very warm welcome and a great stay at the hostel. Thanks to the staff we got to see more of Niagara than the falls.

• 5th Aug 2013

My favorite hostel that I've stayed at so far! Good breakfast, great staff, great dorms, great location, and just great everything. Patrick, Mark, Emil, and everyone else were such a pleasure to spend some time with. If I ever go back to Niagara Falls I'd definitely stay in this hostel again. Completely worth the money.

Gréât location And staff

Very friendly staff and the location was perfect!

Excellent place to stay in touristic Niagara falls ! The staff is extremely nice and very helpful and the hostel is clean and confortable.

• 2nd Aug 2013

the area where the hostel was scary at night because it seemed deserted, however, in the morning it was just fine. The staff was very nice and helpful!!

The location was so so. and the hostel was not that clean. There was cockroach in my room. The shower room was also not that clean. but the host was pretty nice. But if i were you, i would book another place to enjoy perfect vacation.

• South Korea

It's perfect hostel to visit niagara falls. Staff was so very kind and comfort to me. And washroom is very clean. Also, Locations is very close to niagara falla Thanks.

• South Korea

Lovely stay. Staff were brilliant and really helpful. Really close to transport and only a short walk down to the Falls. Would have liked to have had a bit more time to explore up to Niagara on the Lake. Only recommendation I have is that it would be great if it was better signposted and that the tourist information centres near the bus stop know exactly where it is. We went on a longer route to get there but it only took us 10-15 minutes to walk to the bus (with bags) when we were leaving.

• 31st Jul 2013

Great hostel! Fabulous location, just five minutes to the falls and removed from the noise of the highly touristy downtown area. The house was not the most exciting from the outside, but the rooms were great and the breakfast full of fresh fruit! Lovely experience :)

This hostel was extremely welcoming. When we drove up it looked like it wouldn't be a great place to stay, but soon as we walked in we were greeted by the owner and other people staying at the hostel. Everyone was friendly! Breakfast was great (fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, coffee etc.). Location was less than 5 mins from the Falls and busy town center. Comfortable and clean bedroom. Very nice bathrooms. The owner informed us of the best things to do and not do. Overall awesome hostel

My last stay here was with 10 others, all of us traveling by bicycle. Patrick, the proprietor, was terrific, assigning rooms to fit needs. Great outbuilding held all our bikes securely and we got the key for easy access. Memorable muffins and a blizzard of fruit and berries for breakfast, yogurts, coffee,

I liked the fact you got parking, loved the cleanliness of the sheets, but the entire thing is decadent. I saw the one corridor that was renovated (and that you show photos of) and it seemed nice, but all other corridors were just bad. Breakfast way too limited (we ended up with 1 muffin in four persons) and low quality.

It was my first stay at a hostel and I had a great experience. The staff was amazing and so much fun! They were half the reason the trip was so great! There was the magnificent mark who was oh so friendly... if only he wore blue face paint! The lovable Lucas who at 3 am happens to be quite hilarious, especially when walking back from a casino. Lastly the enchanting Emil will win you over with a smile... Everyone was so nice. Patrick and Shelly were fantastic and I can not wait to go back!

• 26th Jul 2013

Absolutely fantastic!!!!

• 25th Jul 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Staff are great, they have plenty to share about the area and its all good advice. They had a water leak issue during our stay so the place smelled like mould in certain areas. Owner was working to fix it. Kitchen is very basic and no fridge.

Yes we had a water leak for a day. This was fixed within 1 hour of this guest checking out. We have 5 fridges all in seperate kitchens for guest use. Our kitchens are all seperate and distinct. The apartment that this guest stayed in had a full kitchen but not a fridge on that day. We do now have a fridge in all commo areas. Sorry that our staff did not point this out

Really really nice owner, really helpful and funny, knows all kind of wonderful things to do in the area and really takes some time to help you with it. Even remembers your name. They bought the hostel a few years ago and are now fixing it up. Bathroom was new and really nice, the kitchen was still a bit old but oke. Breakfast had some really nice fruit. I would really recommend this hostel and it gives really good value for money

View all Niagara Falls Hostels