ACBB Hostel Niagara Reviews

5741 McGrail Ave., Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

We met Patrick, the ACBB oner. Great man, very sympatic. The staff are all bacpackers. Very clean. Great private rooms and great dorms. About 5-7 minutes from the falls. I recommande this hostel to all bacpackers. Good atmosphere. Patrick has always a suggestion for visitors. I'll go longer next time!

Patrick was very nice and upgraded me so I wouldn't have to stay in a room with all guys. I was only there for one day but all the backpackers were nice and friendly. It's about a 10 minute walk to the falls

• 21st Jun 2013

The price is not too high. The staff and the host Patrick is very nice and friendly. It's worth to stay when visiting Niagara fall.

• 19th Jun 2013
  • Taiwan

Great place to stay right near the falls. Patrick and his staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. The hostel has a great vibe and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I would recommend that people stay longer than just one day at Niagara; next time I'd make it three days :)

This is a really good hostel!! The ower-Patrick and his staffs are really helpful and funny, they make an good atmosphere. Moreover, this hostel is really close to the Niagara Falls, you can just walk around 10 mintes to the falls. I highly recommend you all to live in this hostel!!

Very friendly and helpful staff. Patrick gave good advice for what to do.. I still have his maps... Excellent breakfast, pity that I missed it last day because I left too early

Nice hostel the staff are very friendly and helpful and it isvery good value for money. The only problem was that if you want to cook your own meals the kitchen facilities are not great. The location is good close to the falls and main street but far enough away to be quiet at night.

We visited this hostel as a part of our recent trip to Canada from Chicago.We lost both battery and signal coming into the country and were unable to let the hostel know that we were going to arrive later than planned.Next morning after we had packed and were ready to check out, we went to the front desk where the owner was waiting for us. He started insulting our country (Spain), saying that it was a country full of lazy people and that is why this had happened.

I didn't say lazy. I said late. This is interesting as I only jokingly asked if all people from Spain are late. I mentioned the last people to arrive at 4:00am were from Spain. They were very quiet and respectful. You were not. In fact you were many hours past your arrival time of 10:00am. We had many complaints about the noise you made.

I had a wonderfull time, Patrick is a Master Host, determined to plant a seed of "Niagara-is-so-much-more-than-what-you've-seen-that-you-must-comeback"...and it is actually true! Relaxed atmosphere, and a melting pot of so many cultures, that you keep on travelling without leaving the place! I highly recomend it to all backpackers ;)

• 14th Jun 2013
  • Portugal

It was good. In particular, the breakfast was great.

Everything was really fine except for the fact that you cannot pay with credit card and we only learned about that when we wanted to pay. I expect from a hostel that they accept credit cards to make payments, anything else is an inconvenience.

• 11th Jun 2013

My sister and I really enjoyed this hostel. The staff were all great, and it was fun to meet fellow travelers. The location really is perfect. It is not a long walk to the Falls area, and it is a very quick walk to the bus stops. The facilities are comfortable, and the breakfast was nice. It was nice to have parking on-site as well. The owner is very friendly and passionate about Niagara Falls. He is a great resource.

• 10th Jun 2013

I dont have words to describe how good this hostel is... simply the best ever hostel where I stayed

Staff average but owner very friendly. Also, weird, they don't take any credit cards; cash only. Good location but not much of a hostel hang out group atmosphere.

We really enjoyed our stay at the ACBB hostel. The owner was very friendly and welcoming. The whole hostel was very clean! We would recommend it! Very close to the water falls.

Excellent hostel, very friendly and personal. Clean and spacious rooms with nice beds. If you need to know anything about the area, just ask them and they will give you good tips. Great fresh fruit, yoghurt and muffin breakfast.

nice staff, plenty of knowlege of the area

Perfect! Nothing to say. Staff was really welcoming. Excellent service and awesome breakfasts. Next time three nights!

After an unfortunate incident on my first night involving some unwanted guests the owners went above and beyond my expectations to solve the problem. They really care about their visitors and are so knowledgeable about Niagara. All the staff are very friendly and welcoming. Rooms are clean and comfortable and bathrooms are great. Free breakfast everyday is yummy. My only suggestion for them to improve is to install some lockers. I wasnt happy about leaving things like laptops unattended

A handshake and ‘Welcome to our Hostel’ will be the first thing you hear as you arrive at ACBB . It feels like a family home run by Patrick, Shelly and there very friendly team of helpers. No need to read the lonely planet as Patrick will be able tailor a trip around your interests, he will even hand draw you a map. Enjoy the breakfast on one of the sun decks and the day seeing the amazing sights of Niagara and beyond. Then spend your evening hanging out with the ACBB team and guests.

View all Niagara Falls Hostels