ACBB Hostel Niagara Reviews

5741 McGrail Ave., Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls, Canada

Excellent hostel, excellent people!

When we first pulled up to the hostel we didn't think it would match the reviews, and the area didn't seem so great either, but once you went inside it was super nice! Everything is remodeled and the staff is super friendly! They tell you exactly what to do, what to see, where to eat so you don't even have to plan. And the atmosphere is also great! We got to meet a lot of great travelers from all over and went on some adventures together :) it was a great trip!

• 25th May 2013

Nice tipps for hiking tours, but likes to talk

Very Nice! Perfect Service! Einfach super, TOP-Lage, sehr freundlicher Service vor Ort. Nicht zweifeln, einfach buchen und Spaß haben =)

A great hostel, close to the Falls. Patrick, the owner is very nice, knows all his guests by name and has great recommendations on what to do in the area. Would definetly recommend.

terrific place, we enjoyed it a lot

In the dorms for 6 persons is less space for your luggage and even in spring the room is very hot. The beds are very shaky so its hard to sleep if you are not completely drunken ;). The staff is very friendly but the owner is talking to much but also very helpful....

This guy was so drunk. He must have been drunk still when he wrote his review. lol. What is strange is that he was alone in the room too. We have lots of space for luggage and backpacks in our dorms. Every bunk bed has storage under them that fits three full sized backpacks or 3 large suitcases for each guest. This guy also only stayed one night, arriving late and leaving early the next day. We have never had a complaint about space in our dorms before.

Great hostel!! People are very helpful there.

Very nice hostel! Often run out of hot water though.. that was disappointing...

The hot water problem has been repaired.

The hostel looks very run-down from the outside but it is a very good case of "Don't judge a book by it's cover." Owners Patrick and Shelly have been feverishly renovating the interior and while it is not 100% complete, most of it is, and it is beyond amazing. For example, in the bathrooms, you would never thing that it's a hostel. Patrick and Shelly are very accommodating and they will introduce you to everyone once you check in. I have stayed in my fair share of hostiles and this is top 3.

Excellent Hostel ! Friendy, helpfull, and fun !! It's a bit far from the Bus station (where i came from) but soooo close to the falls. In 5 min you're there. It really worth it. It's really clean and comfortable, everything is made for you to feel like home : you meet great people, have a great and healthy breakfast, and a fun atmosphere... I wish I had stayed more.

Felt very welcome, bathroom & room were neat and clean, would like to have had a bed lamp in our room. The owners were very helpful and obliging.

our stay was nice, but the breakfast was a bit poor. we thought that there would be more food and a bigger choice. unfortunately, there was a big insect in our room, but overall our stay was ok.

Loved to stay there, the stuff is lovely and very helpful, rooms are good if you just want to sleep in it and the location is actually really great! would go there anytime again!

• 10th May 2013
  • Austria

The owners of the hostel were very kind and helpful. Moreover, even though the building looks old, they are managing it very well. So, I couldn't find any hair even in washroom. They didn't push all customers into one or two rooms, on the contrary, they accommodated seperately.

• 7th May 2013
  • South Korea

Best Hostel ever! Patrick and his crew are awesome! This is one of the few places I can recommend wholehearted! Go to Niagara and stay in the ACBB Hostel Niagara now! Best regards to Patrick from the Swedes!

This was my second trip to this hostel and the experience was once again excellent. This time I stayed for two nights, last time was just the one. Next time, it's gotta be three. I highly recommend three nights - there's plenty of great stuff to do in the area!

Nice hostel, although it looks a bit outdated from the outside. Excellent staff, good value for money

Best value for money, the staff and owners are very friendly and very knowledgeable about things to try nearby. Tim was extremely helpful during the stay and attended to all our requests immediately and ensure we had an awesome time. We were 4 people in a room with capacity of 6 and the spent the weekend in Niagara.

• 26th Apr 2013
  • India

WOW.. This place is a real find. I travel all over the world (I work for an airline) & I need to stay in affordable places, & often last-minute. Not only was ACBB the most AFFORDABLE in the area, the CLOSEST to the sights, clean & cute, it was maybe the most welcomed & trusted I've ever felt at a hostel/hotel. Patrick (who graciously took our call late in the evening due to our delayed flight) was amazing, as were all the other friendly guests & he made our stay stress-free & enjoyable. Thankyou

• 23rd Apr 2013