ACBB Hostel Niagara Reviews

5741 McGrail Ave., Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls, Canada

Excellent hostel! Room was great, facilities were great, staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable about things to do in the area. Will definitely stay here again if I'm back in Niagara Falls.

• 4th Jul 2013

I enjoyed the hospitality of the staff and everyone was genuinely friendly here. Had alot of nice conversations and people went above and beyond to give us travel ideas and suggestions. Patrick is a cool guy, very helpful.I really recommend this hostel for anyone coming into Canada for the first time, I would definitely stay there again. The only thing that I didn't like was that I had to pay in cash, and I had to scramble and convert some extra money but it wasn't a big deal.

Hi, The owner is really helpful, friendly and informative. regards

The hostel is really well located and the staff is really welcoming and helpful. All is made to feel comfortable !

• 26th Jun 2013

We really enjoyed our short stay at ACBB Hostel Niagara. It's just a 10-minute walk from the falls, the WEGO bus stop and from many other attractions, which was great for us, as we didn't have a car. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The fresh fruit and muffins for breakfast were much nicer then the standard toast+marmalade in many other hostels.

Fantastic hostel. The best I've stayed at, hands down. Great atmosphere, sociable and friendly. Clean facilities and a fantastic host. Patrick has great knowledge of the area which enabled me to experience Niagara Falls area rather than just walking down Clifton Hill and doing Maid of the Mist at the Falls. Stay more than one day. I rode a bike upriver then jetboated the rapids down it, went hiking, tried icewine (so good!), and skydived! All with Patrick's assistance and his handdrawn maps.

Super staff but strange owner with improper conduct: Everyone regards Patrick as a great host, but when you stay longer than one day you can see the "real" Patrick.He's super convinced by his own philosophie and if you bring up any critic he'll overreact and treats you with totally improper conduct.He plays the new best friend and tries to personalize everything as long as you follow along. If not he judges you for unfriendliness and gets denying.And paying without credit cards? Totally obsolet

Had a great time in Niagara Falls and at this hostel in particular. Patrick, the owner is a great guy looking to make your stay and travel as enjoyable and adventurous as possible. He knows all the ins and outs around the area so all you gotta do is ask him. Bathrooms are real nice too, hopefully he'll have the problem with the air conditioning fixed soon. Enjoy your travels!

We met Patrick, the ACBB oner. Great man, very sympatic. The staff are all bacpackers. Very clean. Great private rooms and great dorms. About 5-7 minutes from the falls. I recommande this hostel to all bacpackers. Good atmosphere. Patrick has always a suggestion for visitors. I'll go longer next time!

Patrick was very nice and upgraded me so I wouldn't have to stay in a room with all guys. I was only there for one day but all the backpackers were nice and friendly. It's about a 10 minute walk to the falls

• 21st Jun 2013

The price is not too high. The staff and the host Patrick is very nice and friendly. It's worth to stay when visiting Niagara fall.

• 19th Jun 2013
  • Taiwan

Great place to stay right near the falls. Patrick and his staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. The hostel has a great vibe and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I would recommend that people stay longer than just one day at Niagara; next time I'd make it three days :)

This is a really good hostel!! The ower-Patrick and his staffs are really helpful and funny, they make an good atmosphere. Moreover, this hostel is really close to the Niagara Falls, you can just walk around 10 mintes to the falls. I highly recommend you all to live in this hostel!!

Very friendly and helpful staff. Patrick gave good advice for what to do.. I still have his maps... Excellent breakfast, pity that I missed it last day because I left too early

Nice hostel the staff are very friendly and helpful and it isvery good value for money. The only problem was that if you want to cook your own meals the kitchen facilities are not great. The location is good close to the falls and main street but far enough away to be quiet at night.

We visited this hostel as a part of our recent trip to Canada from Chicago.We lost both battery and signal coming into the country and were unable to let the hostel know that we were going to arrive later than planned.Next morning after we had packed and were ready to check out, we went to the front desk where the owner was waiting for us. He started insulting our country (Spain), saying that it was a country full of lazy people and that is why this had happened.

I didn't say lazy. I said late. This is interesting as I only jokingly asked if all people from Spain are late. I mentioned the last people to arrive at 4:00am were from Spain. They were very quiet and respectful. You were not. In fact you were many hours past your arrival time of 10:00am. We had many complaints about the noise you made.

I had a wonderfull time, Patrick is a Master Host, determined to plant a seed of "Niagara-is-so-much-more-than-what-you've-seen-that-you-must-comeback"...and it is actually true! Relaxed atmosphere, and a melting pot of so many cultures, that you keep on travelling without leaving the place! I highly recomend it to all backpackers ;)

• 14th Jun 2013
  • Portugal

It was good. In particular, the breakfast was great.

Everything was really fine except for the fact that you cannot pay with credit card and we only learned about that when we wanted to pay. I expect from a hostel that they accept credit cards to make payments, anything else is an inconvenience.

• 11th Jun 2013

My sister and I really enjoyed this hostel. The staff were all great, and it was fun to meet fellow travelers. The location really is perfect. It is not a long walk to the Falls area, and it is a very quick walk to the bus stops. The facilities are comfortable, and the breakfast was nice. It was nice to have parking on-site as well. The owner is very friendly and passionate about Niagara Falls. He is a great resource.

• 10th Jun 2013