ACBB Hostel Niagara Reviews

5741 McGrail Ave., Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls, Canada

The rooms were spotless! The staff was great! Unfortunately, the hostel is undergoing change from classic hydro to solar energy. Lighting features and lamps were run on battery. The sinks were not running (showers were though). Mixed feelings.

Awesome location, very clean, great facilities and tours!

• 23rd Jul 2014

Very welcoming hosts, nice room and friendly atmosphere

• 23rd Jul 2014

It is interesting that the hostel does sustainable life.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Japan

My room and the shared bathroom was without any electric power. That was very frustrating.

• 19th Jul 2014

When I first arrived at this hostel, I looked at the outside and thought 'oh oh where am I staying'. FORGET THE OUTSIDE because the inside is INCREDIBLE! I got the best welcoming ever, with the owner explaining to me all the wonderful things to do in Niagara Falls. (He actually told me off for only staying one night!) He told me all the best things to do in the one day I had there. I also met heaps of cool people and it had a really good atmosphere.

Lovely hostel. Shelly and Patrick really know their stuff. Currently in middle of switching to solar power so couldn't charge electrical items. Plugs were provided during 8-12 but there were not enough. No wifi as per website. Otherwise great location and great place in niagara

ACBB means All Canada Best Backpack hostel. Yes, it is the best!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • red12345174
  • China

Kk i have a good experience in accb hostel staffs are sooooooo friendly to me so i can make good friend easily and so kind staff haha they are in renovation so electricity was not good but staffs were so good so i didn't care about that and if you stay in niagara falls then you should stay 2nights!!!!!!!kkkkk

Staff was really helpful and wanted to share some "inside" informations about some specific routes and places. Location and cleanliness are very good.

Thanks Patrick & Shelly! It was great to come back. All the best with the change over :) Brooke and Ryan

• 14th Jul 2014

Super acceuil de Patrick et de sa femme, vraiment sympas et donne de bon conseil sur différentes activitées à faire autour des chutes. Le petit déjeuner compris, café avec des fruits à dispositions. Attention, il n'y a pas de connection internet comme sité sur l'annonce, et l'électricté est limité car le batiment doit fonctionner en energie solaire.

There were some problems with loss of power (the hostel is currently being run from a backup generator due to an ongoing project to move to solar power) and the wifi was not working. However, regardless of these issues this is definitely one of the coolest places I've stayed at. The staff are are very knowledgeable about the area and beyond passionate about what they do. Upon arrival they knew my name, helped arrange trips and activities, and really go the extra mile for all of their guests!

The owners of the hostel are very helpful, and run the hostel extremely well. The hostel is an Eco friendly living environment with all electric to be provided via solar panels. During my stay the switchover was not complete and very limited electricity was available for charging basic cell phones or laptops, no internet access is available, the electrical generator was available for limited periods during the day and was switched off after midnight- no charging available from midnight.

From the moment we walked in the door, we knew that we were in the right place. The owners, Patrick and Shelly, were very hopsitable. They did a great job of letting us know about the area surrounding Niagara, and gave us some great reccomendations. The hostel is great, and it is evident that they have put in a lot of effort renovating and adding charm to the building. The hostel is located right near Clifton Hill, and provides plenty of attractions, plus hiking, the river, and the falls.

• 4th Jul 2014

This hostel has a very good and safe location in Niagara Falls. It's only a few minutes walk to get to the Clifton Hill where you find all restaurants and attractions.

Probably the best welcome I ever had in an hostel!

• 29th Jun 2014

I really enjoyed my time in this hostel. The room was perfect and the staff was so friendly. It's the first time I have felt like at home in a hostel.

• 29th Jun 2014

My stay at ACBB Niagara was enjoyable and a pleasent experience. Owners were very friendly and helpful. They meade me feel at home. I would recomend ACBB as an ideal place to saty at Niagara.

Patrick and Shelly were delightful hosts and shared so much knowledge about the Niagara area that made our visit memorable. The hostel had no running water in the sinks (just in the showers), no AC, no window screens, and no outlet electricity at night (phone charging during day only). If long you are okay with what is listed above, you week enjoy your stay at this clean and welcoming hostel with great outdoor balconies.

• 28th Jun 2014

The hostel does have running water, electricity and window screens. We are currently renovating the building and during our renovations we occasionally have to adjust things.

View all Niagara Falls Hostels