ALL STAR HOSTEL Reviews

39 Chatsworth Rd, Kilburn, London, England

very difficult to contact all the staff no one ever pick out the freaking phone and the room is really bad and smells curtain wont broken will never stay there again for sure

It is inconvenient to have to walk very far from the trains, just to call someone who is gonna drive you to a room. The room was not clearly label as a single bed when I reserved - was hoping for two beds. There was water that leaked on all my clothes and equipment - I could not find the source and looked like it was a whole bucket full of water that was dumped. At first I thought it was cleaning crew but there is no room cleaning service. There is no community. Lousy option for hostel

Me and my partner paid the same amount for our room as two of our friends who stayed in the same hostel. Our room consisted of: bunk beds, a tv which didn't work, a fridge, a wardrobe and some drawers. Our friends room consisted of: a double bed, cooking facilities, washing up facilities, a sofa, table and chairs, a tv, en suite bathroom, a bin. I struggle to comprehend how you can possible charge the same price for these two rooms? Any enlightening explanation would be greatly received.

• 23rd May 2014

Nice hostel i got what i paid for great value for money breakfast was basic but not over sold. good kitchens as i like to cook

Love this hostel the price was worth more then i was charged the beds are nice and soft the staff are so helpful when there at the hostel

ONE HOUR FROM THE CENTER OF LONDON THE WORST STAFF EVER (SPECIALLY, A GUY CALLED SEBASTIAN)

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The room was more small than explained .. And the staff has not enough experience

• 13th Nov 2013
  • Egypt

great atmosphere,but the clean is not good.

• 23rd Oct 2013

My experience was shocking!I wasn´t staying at the house advertised but was taken in any other house. There is no reception = very unpersonal manner of comunicaton with your guests via the red phone. Unpleasant staff. Although it seems to be new and luxurious, your hostel was TERRIBLY DIRTY!!!The kitchen, bathrooms etc. Nobody cleaned our room for the whole week (inclusive the rubbish!). Too expensive comparing to the services. My general feelings about it that somebody´s just making money!

• 21st Oct 2013
  • Czech Republic

It was a lovely setting and we got a free upgrade to the studio apartment as they had ran out of triple rooms. Very friendly staff and easy walk from the tube station!

• 17th Oct 2013
  • Scotland

WORST HOSTEL EVER!!!! Can't even call it a hostel, more of a halfway house. No staff on site, rooms are tiny and not cleaned. Bathrooms again tiny and not cleaned. Most people who were there were permanent residents from what I gathered. Made very uncomfortable. Was abused by permanent residents numerous times for no reason, one resident even slept talk abuse through the entire night.....not pleasant at all! AVOID!!!!!

Quiet neighborhood and hostel frequented by people not dangerous in my holiday time. What was promised on the site has been maintained. Do not forget to call before you get to know the precise accommodation assigned.

• 27th Sep 2013

Very nice place and friendly staff.

• 23rd Sep 2013
  • Czech Republic

first of all, i have waited more than2hours for them to pick up me from tube station as they said they offer free pick up in a short time after you arrive the tube station. Plus the staff tried to lie on me that they already sent someone to pick me up but turns out there no one doing so. Secondly, the hostel turns out to be a shared apartment in north london area, with no reception desk, no security,etc. Apart from that, everthing is not too bad.

First, you should know that the actual address you will be staying at might not be the one shown. You should try to find out what it is ahead of time. This company seems to own several properties and places you where they can. Upon arrival at the train station, you must call them and wait for someone to pick you up and take you to your location. I had to wait an hour as there was another person ahead of me that was not staying at the same place I was staying.

This is just an O.K. place to stay. We are a couple stayed at a small double room with shared toilet. The room is very small but well equipped - with TV and warmer. The environment isn't clean but acceptable in a lower standard. The problem is that the lights in the toilets and public area are always broken. They fixed the toilet light at the third day after we reported it. However, it was broken again 2 days later and we took showers in the dark everyday thereafter.

• 11th Sep 2013
  • Taiwan

Pros: good value considering its price; sufficient privacy with private kitchen and bathroom if you are a couple. Cons: somehow noisy as you can hear the neighbors; check-in lady was too early to disturb, it would be great if we can choose check-in time; takes longer time on traveling as it's located on the boarder line of zone 2 and zone 3.

• 24th Aug 2013
  • Taiwan

We really liked the place, nice room with our small kitchen and bathroom. The staff was very helpful. We enjoyed the stay at the hostel very much. By the next year we will choice All Star Hostel during our holidays at London.

Ideal base for sightseeing. Really helpful staff. Ideal having initial collection from station. Many thanks.

• 27th Jul 2013

All star "hostel" was a joke! I didnt get to actually stay in the hostel as I received an "upgrade" to an apartment. The apartment did not have any of the facilities advertised and payed for. There was rat kill all the way up the stairs and not even in the same suburb as the hostel itself. The website hostel world and hostel boomers were blocked on the wifi so you couldn't even check your booking details or find alternative accomodation. All up a complete joke!!! Don't stay here!!!

• 12th Jul 2013