ALLGIRLZ (female only hostel) Reviews

30a Dublin Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

I'd love the atmosphere in this cosy hostel! The hostel-owner made me feel very welcome and showed me around. She also gave some great tips for Edinburgh and was always available for a nice chat or awnsering a question. The breakfast was simple, but really good, especially the freshly baked bread. I was travelling by myself and liked that there were always girls to talk to in the common room. One thing that I didn't like so much were the bunk-beds, it was quite wobbly.

it was very easy to find. and it was on a very quiet and safe street. the owner was very sweet and helpful. there could be more toilets. (private ones)

Fantastic! Will definitely stay here again. Great location, friendly, informative host, comfortable accommodations.

• 13th Jul 2014

It felt like staying over at someone's apartment rather than in a hostel- there was a great atmosphere with people hanging out in the kitchen. Kylie is also simply amazing.

Staff very friendly and considerate, I love the toasted bread provided for the breakfast. Of all hostels I've stayed in so far, I like this best, because here I felt warmest in heart. Thanks All Girlz!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • China

Excellent hostel - friendly, cheerful, peaceful, and centrally located. A very nice place to come back to at the end of the day. Would definitely stay here again.

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed in my life. The place looks and smells really clean - you'd think you're just at home. The owner is also really generous with everything and prepares good breakfast (bread, cereals, a selection of jam and butter, fruits, tea, milk). Wifi works well in all areas of the hostel, a huge tv in the lounge, clean showers with hot water. And you don't have to worry if you forget to bring soap and shampoo, there will be some there for you to use.

This is a super convenient, super comfortable place to stay in Edinburgh. I really enjoyed my stay!

• 17th Jun 2014

3 nights at Allgirlz, which I chose mostly for the name. Amenities are solid: fast wi-fi; clean, well-appointed kitchen; simple, filling breakfast spread; cozy common room; decent beds; hot water. When I was in my early 20s, I preferred for more social/raucous hostels. Now that I'm older (but every bit as budget-conscious), I was looking for a more relaxed atmosphere. Allgirlz fit the bill--during my stay, guests tended turn in early and be very respectful of one another and the space.

Overall it is very nice! :) Kylie was very nice and friendly, though I arrived late after the checkin time....The breakfast was beyond my expectation of a hostel at such a price rate (enjoyed the peach a lot :) ). The only problem with me was the small single room with toilet and shower together. It was quite difficult to control the temperature of the water (either too cold or too hot), and the special rotation switch made it very difficult to use once the hands are wet....

My splendid time spent in Edinburgh was pretty much influenced by the wonderful attention of the ALLGIRLS owner. She was really helpful and friendly at all times. She’s completely engaged with her business which makes a big difference in how the place is run. The atmosphere here makes you feel at ease…almost like at home. You even get homemade bread in the morning! Also, the location is ideal, near to the train station, close to big parks and gardens and to the main attractions of the city.

Very friendly staff! I loved this location because it was in a quiet area and within walking distance from everything. Everything was SO clean! Great place to stay!

• 5th Jun 2014

free shampoo, shower gel, hair conditioner!! good!

• 31st May 2014
  • Hong Kong

more like a B&B! small relaxed environment with a personal touch!

Everything was perfect. I you have everything you may need , air conditioner ,hair ironing, towels etc. Kylie is a very nice and friendly hostess.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Argentina

I love it there great atmosphere and owner was good to get along with

This place has a really perfect relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The morning kitchen come sitting room area and vibe is a wonderful place to start the day. The atmosphere is friendly in a deeply relaxing way. Everyone quietly accomodates each other with grace. Kylie's informal style holds the house with clarity so that all feel safe and welcome.

A pretty chill place. Great for short term-stays, may be a little cramped for an extended stay. The host was very hospitable.

• 27th Apr 2014

The staff was nice, the location was good, the breakfast was good with homemade bread every morning But some details in my opinion need to be improved, like: one of the shower because few minutes after start the bath the water was getting so hot so you need to turn on the tap in the sink to finish your shower, otherwise is impossible. the hostel is placed in the basement and in three days that I spent there I didn't see any window open so some times the place don't have a nice smell.

Nice and comfy!