ALLGIRLZ (female only hostel) Reviews

30a Dublin Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

This hostel was perfect as a solo female character. It was so cosy and welcoming I really felt like I was just at home. It was perfect for meeting other travellers and awesome location! Kylie the owner was amazing, so much fun and very generous. I would recommended this hostel to all girls, travelling alone or with friends, it's really lovely!

Loved my stay here. Kylie is a great host and runs a very relaxing hostel with a fun atmosphere.

I almost walked past the hostel because the sign is very small. The tab in the kitchen sink needs fixing. The safety boxes were ridiculously loud.

Thanks Riina. Another person might think to say... They emailed me directions before I came so I could easily find the hostel and they let me check in at 8am!... The kitchen was open 24/7 and breakfast was free! The convenient safety boxes were also free!

Need a new makeover, some areas could be better such as more powerpoints,

Dear Guest. The 6 bed dorm you stayed in has 16 powerpoints. In the loungeroom right now I can count 11 that are not in use. How many does a girl need???

Amazing hostel! Great vibe, Kylie was amazing in helping you get orientated with Edinburgh and answeing all of your questions. Breakfast was great and everyone that was staying at the hostel was so friendly and nice to hang out with. Great location, and would definitely stay here again!

I'd love the atmosphere in this cosy hostel! The hostel-owner made me feel very welcome and showed me around. She also gave some great tips for Edinburgh and was always available for a nice chat or awnsering a question. The breakfast was simple, but really good, especially the freshly baked bread. I was travelling by myself and liked that there were always girls to talk to in the common room. One thing that I didn't like so much were the bunk-beds, it was quite wobbly.

it was very easy to find. and it was on a very quiet and safe street. the owner was very sweet and helpful. there could be more toilets. (private ones)

Fantastic! Will definitely stay here again. Great location, friendly, informative host, comfortable accommodations.

• 13th Jul 2014

It felt like staying over at someone's apartment rather than in a hostel- there was a great atmosphere with people hanging out in the kitchen. Kylie is also simply amazing.

Staff very friendly and considerate, I love the toasted bread provided for the breakfast. Of all hostels I've stayed in so far, I like this best, because here I felt warmest in heart. Thanks All Girlz!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • China

Excellent hostel - friendly, cheerful, peaceful, and centrally located. A very nice place to come back to at the end of the day. Would definitely stay here again.

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed in my life. The place looks and smells really clean - you'd think you're just at home. The owner is also really generous with everything and prepares good breakfast (bread, cereals, a selection of jam and butter, fruits, tea, milk). Wifi works well in all areas of the hostel, a huge tv in the lounge, clean showers with hot water. And you don't have to worry if you forget to bring soap and shampoo, there will be some there for you to use.