ALLGIRLZ (female only hostel) Reviews

30a Dublin Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

It is great hostel, it has a lot of femeals facilities. I just think they should set in lockers in the rooms.

The facility needs better maintenance. For example, chairs with very damaged covers, one flipped off as I sat. Also the sink, the faucet needs attention. Better ongoing maintenance plan would be needed for me to stay again.

• 28th Mar 2014

We had a great stay, the staff was amazingly friendly and helpful and the beds and bathrooms are very clean as was the kitchen. I'd definitely recommend a stay there if you happen to be in Edinburgh!

• 16th Mar 2014

This hostel was very homey and welcoming, We honestly could not find many open hostels for the weekend we were in Edinburgh, so Allgirlz was one of our only options, but it was excellent. Rachel was very nice and helpful, The beds were comfortable, the bathrooms were clean (and had hot water!), and the breakfast was actually very nice. It was very safe, and they were nice enough to let us store our luggage for the day we checked out. Overall, it was a nice stay!

This has by far been the best hostel I've stayed at. The environment is very homey and Rachel is lovely. I was there for three nights by myself and everyone was very friendly. Highly recommend, particularly the bread she makes every morning!

• 5th Mar 2014

The hostel was amazing! Great atmosphere, good facilities and good location. There was fresh bread every morning, free coffee and tea and a cozy livingroom to meet the other girls in the hostel. The hostel is close to the city centre in a wonderful neighbourhood. Best hostel I've stayed in so far!

One of the best hostels I ever stayed. Very familiar und small. The staff is great and the facilities amazing.

Loved this hostel. It felt like a home away from.

Price and location perfect - just a few minutes walk from the bus station, train station and airport bus! And for those who don't know the city, all of these are located right in the centre, just off Princes St. The great thing about this hostel is that even though the above are in a nice area anyway (unlike many cities), the hostel is a few minutes away from the buzz of Princes St, in a quiet road, so it's great for sleeping. Very cosy and a smart idea to offer toiletries and straighteners.

The hostel staff was amazing but the facilities were a little rough for wear.

there was a bizarre smell in the quilt, too bad. and the shower was too too too too hot but you cannot do anything about that. What's more, it was underground.

Best hostel I have ever stayed in! Great atmosphere, very central, inexpensive. If you're a girl and look for accommodation in Edinburgh, stay there, you won't regret it!

Great location, Rachel is so nice, great marmelade and free tea! I wanted to stay longer but needed to move to another hostel since Allgirlz was closing for holiday.

• 17th Jan 2014

It feels like a home, but that night is not so good, because people comes in and out making so noise.

Awesome location and wonderful manager, she did her utmost to make me feel welcome and comfortable over the Christmas period. Feels like hanging out with friends at home. Recommend!

A girl's heaven. There are dryer and straighteners. Breakfast was great with fresh bread every morning baked by Rachel. Good walking distance to most places.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. The manager Rachel was available to give info on the best things to see and do in Edinburgh. I needed to change rooms after the first night, and I was able to do this right away, which I really appreciated. Hostel is well stocked with tea and coffee making facilities. Microwave and all cooking facilities available for travellers on a budget. Free breakfast. You can easily walk to most parts of Edinburgh from this hostel. So friendly, great atmosphere.

It was a return visit as I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Edinburgh. Rachel was really friendly and helpful. She organises different things to do at night which is great when you are a solo traveller, as well as letting guests know what else is happening in Edinburgh. Thanks to both Kylie and Rachel for helping a novice traveller during both of my stays at ALLGIRLZ. I really appreciated it.

Kylie and Rachel were excellent hosts! They give appropriate recommendations of of where to go, most likely because they've checked the place out themselves. Fee breakfast is as early as you wake up, good for people who go on early morning tours. The place is warm, clean and makes you feel at home! If you're travelling alone a close intimate atmosphere really helps getting to know people! Close to the all the pubs and clubs and bus station! Without a doubt the best hostel I've stayed at! :)

As this is the first hostel I have stayed in, I have nothing to compare it with, but it has certainly set a very high standard for other hostels to meet. I knew nothing about Edinburgh except the castle and they were very friendly, helpful and informative when I arrived. It is a small hostel and it is easy to talk to fellow traveller. I would stay here again and would highly recommend it to others.