ARTnSHELTER

8.5
Fabulous 145 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 25-30
12th Jun 2017

I stayed for all 8 days during my trip in Japan. Staffs were kind, respectful, and diligent. I particularly enjoyed the no password no sign in WiFi because I had to sign in everywhere else in Tokyo. Some staffs were constantly working the area but were not loud or disturbing. A staff allowed me to borrow their push cart to transport my heavy luggages to the nearest station. Very useful :D

• Fordsea
  • USA, Male, 18-24
5th Jun 2017

The owner Kohei is amazing and down to earth, it would try to avoid going during an art exhibit because they may close down the public bar/cafe during it. The hostel as a whole is clean and only 5 stops away from Shinagawa station, a major hub.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
21st May 2017
7.7

Funky place. It's a reasonable price for what you get. Annoyingly far from the hot spots of Tokyo, and makes it hard to get home after a night of party because public transport finishes around midnight and it's too far to walk. But it is a great location from accessing the airports, that's why I chose to stay there, soon regretted it because it made everything else more difficult to get to, not so much but it meant I had to leave places earlier than I'd like. The art was cool, but not great.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
16th May 2017

My partner and I had a great stay at ARTnSHELTER. It was our first stop in Tokyo and we loved the Shinagawa area. The hostel had a great atmosphere and was a beautiful building. The beds were quite big for the hostels I have stayed in and there were lockers available for backpacks. The owner is fantastic. He works so hard and it really pays off. Great place to stay, but as always bring earplugs if you need your sleep!

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
15th May 2017

Second time we've stayed here and still one of our favourites in Tokyo. There had been some changes since our last visit - enclosed outdoor area and more private rooms within the main dorm. Art'n'Shelter continues to improve as a comfortable and friendly place to say. The kitchen is still very minimal, so we hope that's something that will be improved in the future. All other aspects great!

• England, Female, 25-30
25th Apr 2017

The location was exactly what we were after in that we needed to be near Haneda airport early in the morning (but it does feel out of town!) The staff members were very helpful in giving advice regarding how to get an early morning taxi and good restaurants nearby. However, the bedroom was very noisy as an open room and all sounds echoed. Also, the beds were very creaky. I like how quirky the hostel is, but perhaps there could be a more practical seating area for guests to chill out!

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
17th Apr 2017

Overall, my stay was a pleasant one. Love the atmosphere and the staffs especially. What can be done better? Probably having breakfast would be nice.

• Scotland, Couple, 25-30
14th Apr 2017

Good place to stay, a little out the way but don't let this put you off. Nice beds, plenty of plugs etc, free wifi, room to store bags. Good facilities and great staff.

• England, Female, 41+
12th Apr 2017
7.4

The staff were very helpful. The look of the place overall was great but in the accommodation area the walls were very thin wood and there were gaps at the top of the walls and in between the next room. Therefore the noise level was a lot to be desired. Although there were signs on the doors saying be quiet after 11pm, people were very selfish and we're extremely noisy until 1am. Then again in the morning. I hardly got any sleep the whole time I was there.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
12th Apr 2017

Great place, staff were super nice. Even waited up for me to check in late. Its a few stops from Shinagawa which is a really big useful station and theres a really nice 24/7 ramen place just around the corner. The vibe of the hostel is really great, i love the art and theme, wish i had time to stick around and hang out. Would stay again!