ARTnSHELTER

Fabulous 156 Total Reviews

• shkelqim-hyseni8970
  • England, Male, 18-24
24th Jul 2017

My stay at the ARTandSHELTER was spectacular, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and made you feel completely welcome upon arrival and through the stay. Having stayed a total of 10 days, I wasn't disappointed with the level of service each and every day. The atmosphere was always very chilled and relaxed, and the lobby area with the bar was absolutely beautiful.

• Norway, Male, 25-30
13th Jul 2017

Just amazing staff and great atmosphere

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
27th Jun 2017
8.0

There are no proper walls between each rooms and only separated by a thin piece of wood. You can hear everything going on in other rooms felt there was no privacy.

• USA, Male, 25-30
12th Jun 2017

I stayed for all 8 days during my trip in Japan. Staffs were kind, respectful, and diligent. I particularly enjoyed the no password no sign in WiFi because I had to sign in everywhere else in Tokyo. Some staffs were constantly working the area but were not loud or disturbing. A staff allowed me to borrow their push cart to transport my heavy luggages to the nearest station. Very useful :D

5th Jun 2017

The owner Kohei is amazing and down to earth, it would try to avoid going during an art exhibit because they may close down the public bar/cafe during it. The hostel as a whole is clean and only 5 stops away from Shinagawa station, a major hub.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
21st May 2017
7.7

Funky place. It's a reasonable price for what you get. Annoyingly far from the hot spots of Tokyo, and makes it hard to get home after a night of party because public transport finishes around midnight and it's too far to walk. But it is a great location from accessing the airports, that's why I chose to stay there, soon regretted it because it made everything else more difficult to get to, not so much but it meant I had to leave places earlier than I'd like. The art was cool, but not great.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
16th May 2017

My partner and I had a great stay at ARTnSHELTER. It was our first stop in Tokyo and we loved the Shinagawa area. The hostel had a great atmosphere and was a beautiful building. The beds were quite big for the hostels I have stayed in and there were lockers available for backpacks. The owner is fantastic. He works so hard and it really pays off. Great place to stay, but as always bring earplugs if you need your sleep!

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
15th May 2017

Second time we've stayed here and still one of our favourites in Tokyo. There had been some changes since our last visit - enclosed outdoor area and more private rooms within the main dorm. Art'n'Shelter continues to improve as a comfortable and friendly place to say. The kitchen is still very minimal, so we hope that's something that will be improved in the future. All other aspects great!

• England, Female, 25-30
25th Apr 2017

The location was exactly what we were after in that we needed to be near Haneda airport early in the morning (but it does feel out of town!) The staff members were very helpful in giving advice regarding how to get an early morning taxi and good restaurants nearby. However, the bedroom was very noisy as an open room and all sounds echoed. Also, the beds were very creaky. I like how quirky the hostel is, but perhaps there could be a more practical seating area for guests to chill out!

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
17th Apr 2017

Overall, my stay was a pleasant one. Love the atmosphere and the staffs especially. What can be done better? Probably having breakfast would be nice.