AS House (Asakusa Smile) Reviews

2-20-10 Higashi Komagata, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Staff is not the cleanest, they use to leave lots of dirty dishes in the sink and didn't do my bed all the days even though I left the room really early

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Very dirty-especially in the common areas and there were bed bugs the 1st night.so the next morning I woke up with lots of bites at my legs.small room. was happy to change the room for my 2nd

It was our first nights in Japan and after coming to hotel very late night I was delighted our reception. The atmosphere was very pleasent. Hostel of low budget, just for tourist.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Poland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Having now stayed in countless hostels i rate this as the worst so far. The drinks downstairs in the bar were some of the most expensive we found in Japan. the lights don't work or the toilet doesn't flush. I had to fix the cistern myself at one stage. the bed sheets didn't even fit the bed. not by a little either. by about a foot and a half. Recommended if you need a last resort bed in Tokyo.

It has a good location, it is a few minutes to walk to nearest station and if you are a good walker you can even make it to JR station. It is quite clean , i mean you have all sheets and stuff clean served. But it had only one single shower for the whole building! We ere in the annex building where all dormitories are and only one shower in hot humid Tokyo! that was a bit messed up. Wireless is also quite weak. apart from that do for a cheap price it is alright!

The kitchen facilities were very poor with very few utensils. Cleanliness was very poor and non smoking areas were used to smoke in. Not the place to stay if you are a school group.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

My "room" was a closet between the shoe rack and the toilet (with broken door), phone was broken, no light over entrance step, shower window won't close, hot shower tap difficult to turn on, shower door is glass, air-con blew up when used, air-con sealed with wrapped towel, no window, power points only for low wattage electrical items, no instructions (or laundry powder) in laundry, reception several blocks away.

Worse security ever, (both doors where opened, the one from the street and room's door), but that not very important because, you know, Japan is very safe. The location is not the best, because JRPass is not enougt to arrive there, you have to pay metro ticket. We where in a building without staff, one night the air-con broked and we had to spend the hole night with it in "frozen mode". Dirty bathrooms, stinky toilets.

Stayed in sister hotel. No reception, no one locks doors, only one shower wtf mate.

• 7th Jul 2014

I have travelled extensively this is my first hostel review only because so many bad comments on this hostel I stayed here twice and really like it these softco#ks who bag this place toughen up or pay 10000 yen if you want soft pillows and all the rest of the bullsh#t you complain about as for stolen stuff security lockers are provided so no excuses to many marshmellows around now a days just a pack of bitches and one of the barstaff is so cute wow I luv her ( lol ) give it a go.

Good for basic no-frills accommodation. Handy location and lots of common space. Nice small dorms but very ill equipped and unclean kitchen and particularly unsanitary showers. Despite this, all ran smoothly and nice and cheap.

there are many bed bags!

Improve cleaning the bathroom and kitchen are disgusting to the point he had to use outside showers and bathrooms

• 23rd Jun 2014

Avoid like the plague. Strong words? You bet: In one week, 4 guests had their valuables stolen; one of them had everything taken and had to go to his embassy. The hostel, which is made up of two buildings, is is shockingly dirty, even the "new" building (which has no staff members btw, open 24h to anybody). The facilities like in rural prison, most kitchen appliances burnt, broken or homemade. The staff aren't bad people, just don't give a flying f---. I could go on and on: trust me, just no.

Unless you were just released from prison you will not find the beds comfortable. Felt like we were sleeping on a wire fence with a sheet over it. Staff were pretty unhelpful, atmosphere was DEPRESSING. Wifi didn't work. Only slight positive was price - relatively cheap but to be honest probably not worth it in the end.

• 13th Jun 2014

Credit cards being stolen at the locked trunk in the hostel's room and unauthorised transactions made!!! Crazy ! I am not the only case during the stay!

We had an unpleasant stay in Asakusa Smile. The bathroom and basin were flooded. Stinky smell when we stepped in the reception as well as in the room and toilet. The room was not being cleaned before we checked in, the dust was all over the bed frame and window. Even though this is a just budget hostel, they must at least to improve the cleanliness of the rooms before they let the guests in. This is the basic requirement a hostel must provide to their guests.

Bathrooms really stinky Hotel very dirty Unfriendly staff Bad atmosphere don`t go there !

Runaway !!!! Worst hostel ever !!!!!!! I stayed 2 months in Japan, I did almost 15 hostel, even cheaper than this one, and this is the worst I EVER seen.... The only good thing is the bar which is located inside the hostel which is nice to meet new people. Otherwise every room are stinky & wet, lot of dust everywhere.... Restroom and showers are so dirty !!!! I never seen that before. Even my dog sleep in a better place !!! At least it pushed me to stay outside as long as possible....

Bathrooms weren't super clean, and the toilets had a foul smell.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5