AS House (Asakusa Smile) Reviews

2-20-10 Higashi Komagata, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

We booked a doble bedroom And the matress was bigger than the bed. Moreover, there were no aircon remolve control And we were staying in an other building just 5 minutes from the main one which had its door 24 hours open without security And only one shower for all guests.

My experience was very much affected by first impression, as well as my first night there. When I arrived in the night, I was told my room was 401 and expected it to be straight forward to find. Especially compared to the second and third floors, the fourth looked pretty bad. It was lacking the decorations, easily visible numbers, and even the lights the other two floors had. The worst was the bed bugs. Only saving grace was the full refund.

• 20th Jun 2015

The first room I checked into had a big patch of mold on the ceiling and smelt. The lady at reception seemed surprised this was a problem, but she kindly found me another room. This is really unhygienic, my friend gets sick easily so this would have been a very big problem if we had stayed in that room! The room we did stay in had cobwebs on the beds and under the top bunk. The doona and mattress protector were very old. The shower was moldy also. There were very limited cooking utensils.

there are millions of bed bugs! my whole body was completely covered with bites just from 1 night! (i counted more than 50 bites! and thats not a choke!) people staying in other beds have been bitten as well. even people staying at other rooms had some bites! so it was definitely not only an exception what happened to me. i got my money back at the next morning, but my body is still itchy as hell. the staff knows about that problem but they dont tell you anything and they do nothing against it.

We are very thankful for checking-in us earlier that the usual check-in time.

• 30th May 2015
  • Poland

The worst hostel I have ever seen until now.

• 18th May 2015
  • Uzbekistan

Not a really good experience. The general ambiance was not what I expected. Plus, the room walls are thin and there is a little opening : when the neighbours talk normally, we can here them as if they were in the same room. I had to buy ear plugs because of the people in the room next door who spoke loud and made lots of noises at 1 AM. This is not the hostel's fault, but please put messages that sensitize guests about noise and neighbourhood.

• 17th May 2015

You get what you pay for.

I stayed in the annex ; the whole place, and especially the room and the toilet, wasn't very clean, and the street was quite noisy. It's a bit far from the station (10min walk maybe?), but you know when you book. But the staff was nice...

I feel as if my friend and I were placed on the floor where a lot of the staff were staying. 4 bunk beds squeezed into a room only for for one bunk bed. Beds were falling apart, sheets not clean. Bathrooms disgusting with mould etc. Not a great place to stay. You get what you pay for I suppose

I didn't like the hostel much, specially because of the value, and also because I compared with other hostels that I stayed right before this one. It was too much money for little comfort and cleanliness. The bathrooms need and update and also a very good scrub, not to mention the kitchen. Staff is nice, but the hostel is right above a bar that every night is full of people drinking and smoking: the noise is ok, but the smell of cigarettes is all over the place, in every floor. Location is fine.

too dirty and unsafe since doors were open even at night and no staff.

Where to start!!! AVOID THIS HOSTEL AT ALL COSTS!!! The bar and reception are filled with junk, really dark and smokey it's horrible. The whole hostel is really unclean. The showers stink and are caked in mould. A genuine health hazard using them. The kitchen is disgusting with almost nothing in it. We ended up in the second building where the front door is wide open and nobody works so anyone can walk in. Security is a joke.

The room and showers were extremely dirty. The shower door to the men's shower did not lock properly. The mattresses had a lot of yellow stains, and we stayed in a private room. The lobby contained a smoking area, which was extremely unpleasant to walk through. The only thing positive was that they offered a "welcome drink" ticket, but all I could think about, was getting the heck outta this place first thing in the morning.

I find it hard through the medium of English language to actually describe to you how bad this hostel actually is. First of all, I have seen cleaner toilets on a Mumbai train than what we have had to endure during our stay. Secondly the staff. Completely unfriendly and messed us around double booking beds and rooms, eventually moving us to a completely different building. Of which there are no lock

The cleanliness in this hostel was way below average. The rooms were dirty, there was a lot of mould in the showers, the kitchen was horrible. Everything was sticky, there were nearly no dishes, no cutlery, the oven looked awful and everything was so dirty. The small lamps in our room didn't have light bulbs. The lobby was a smoker's lobby, so the smell was in all other floors as well. It was cheap, yes, but for us, the kitchen was outrageous... The location was fine though.

smell cigarette in corridor, need some time to clean up dust & floor. However, Asakusa Smile is good as the last choice.

The hostel facilities were very dirty(stains on the matresses,lot of dust in the room, mold in the room &especially in the common shower facilities, insects in the kitchen ), it smelled of smoke everywhere as the reception area is a bar at the same time, you have to walk through this "bar" everytime you enter or leave the hostel. Didn't really feel safe either and even though they have lockers to rent out, I prefered taking my valuables with me all the time.

- One night I came to the hostel and the entrance door was wide open and nobody around. - The check in - check out counter is in a smelly dim light bar and located somewhere else than the rooms. - Check out time is early at 10:00 AM and you need to subtract 15 minutes to walk there. And you also have to consider that you're not only one that wants to use the shower at that time. - The toilet was the only toilet I encounterd in Japan that did not have the spaceship buttons.

シャワールームと廊下の仕切りがドアとのれん。廊下からドアを開けると、のれん越しに脱衣所が丸見え。 部屋や共有スペースにロッカーはあるが、鍵が壊れてたり、わたしが使えるのはひとつもなかった。 ウェルカムドリンクがあったので、それはよかった。

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4