AS House (Asakusa Smile) Reviews

2-20-10 Higashi Komagata, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The hostel was extremely dirty. I saw cockroaches and ants walking in the toilet and kitchen. Moreover, the room looked like it was never cleaned before and several furniture in the bathroom was broken. This is by far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in!

the showers had no lock and opened up right to the corridor, anybody walking by would able to see whoever is changing in there. it was also pretty unclean. the toilets on our floor didn't work. had to put on the sheets, duvet and pillow covers ourselves. you have to change into slippers but it's obvious these slippers never gets cleaned are just all over the place. just felt like the overall management can be improved a lot. the welcome drink and location are the plus sides.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

had great time in japan! hostel is also good!

• 14th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel is divided basically in two buildings, a main one and another crappy one that gave me the feeling of basically being a house of an old lady who died, sold the place to the hostel whose owner filled it with bunkbeds and started using it as an hostel. The second building is always open, but there is no maintenance, no staff, it's quite dirty and it's a good 500 meters from the main one. I can't say anything about the main building but I appreciated its bar, good chance to meet people

It's a nice hostel but they don't have any dishes or nifes or any other things for you to use. But the kitchen is clean.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Perfectly decent place to stay. I stayed in the annex. It strangely did not lock the doors and there were no staff. It was safe but kind of felt like I was living in an abandoned house in tokyo.

The location is good. Asakusa is a great part of Tokyo. But the hostel itself was on top of a bar, which doesn't really lend itself well to a good stay, since they allow smoking in the bar and that smoke travels up to the rooms. The room was nice enough, but the bunk bed creaked and had precarious cracks. Also, the bathrooms didn't seem like they were cleaned that often. One staff member was helpful - the other, I don't think he really knew what was around. I'd probably skip this one if you can.

Cramped squicky bunkbed in a room to small to even breathe. The "bar", the halls and the rooms smell like stinking sweaty shoes, I know it is a japanese custom to take of your shoes but in this place you really don't want to take them off, it was disgusting. Hairs, dust, wet stuff? on the floors :S. Lots of mold. Toilets didn't work, doors woudn't lock. The whole atmosfere was very depressing, Everything was broken, This hotel must not have had any cleaners or maintainers for at least 20 years.

Good place to stay, great location, helpful staff.

Overall it was oaky. But we did have a cockroach in our room. The place could be kept a bit cleaner.

It is an okay hostel to stay for one or two nights. The aircon in my dorm didn't work properly, it was dark and kind of smelly. No major issues. The welcome drink at the bar is very nice.

Nice place to stay, not the most cleanest place but if you like a drink in the bar where you can talk with other travellers and locals, this is a good place tp stay.

This hostel is cheap, so I suppose you get what you pay for, but it would have been nice if the room was clean, if the toilet room didn't stink, if there was more than one shower for the building and if the staff were more approachable. We tried to spend as little time here as possible. I would not recommend this place!

The hostel is super dirty. We slept with a cockroach in our room. Staff from the reception are not helpful and when there is a problem they don't know how to react. People party and speak loudly at night and nobody tells them anything. The matress is very uncomfortable. The drier doesn't work properly so you pay a lot and it doesn't dry. It's being one of the worst experience in a hostel. I wouldn't recommend this hostel at all.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Spain

Staff is not the cleanest, they use to leave lots of dirty dishes in the sink and didn't do my bed all the days even though I left the room really early

Very dirty-especially in the common areas and there were bed bugs the 1st night.so the next morning I woke up with lots of bites at my legs.small room. was happy to change the room for my 2nd

It was our first nights in Japan and after coming to hotel very late night I was delighted our reception. The atmosphere was very pleasent. Hostel of low budget, just for tourist.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Poland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Having now stayed in countless hostels i rate this as the worst so far. The drinks downstairs in the bar were some of the most expensive we found in Japan. the lights don't work or the toilet doesn't flush. I had to fix the cistern myself at one stage. the bed sheets didn't even fit the bed. not by a little either. by about a foot and a half. Recommended if you need a last resort bed in Tokyo.

It has a good location, it is a few minutes to walk to nearest station and if you are a good walker you can even make it to JR station. It is quite clean , i mean you have all sheets and stuff clean served. But it had only one single shower for the whole building! We ere in the annex building where all dormitories are and only one shower in hot humid Tokyo! that was a bit messed up. Wireless is also quite weak. apart from that do for a cheap price it is alright!

There was inconsistencies with the cleaning staff. Some where excellent, others seemed to be rushing through to just finish. I left my wallet and bags lying around and nothing was ever taken.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5