AS House (Asakusa Smile) Reviews

2-20-10 Higashi Komagata, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Horrible bathroom,the women shower did NOT have a locker and it was also very dirty,dirty sheets, two plugs in did NOT worked, and the kitchen was not very equipped.For the price that I payed I expected a LOT more of this hostel.Don't pay more than 1800 yen in this hostel

• 25th Jul 2015

Was very confusing as there is a place called "Smile Hotel" a few km down the road. When we tried to enter the hostel into our GPS, the Smile Hotel came up as the top result. We ended up having to walk several km out of our way only to realize that we weren't even at the right place. Better directions on the site would be helpful.

• 17th Jul 2015

Has never been cleaned. Coakroaches, fleas, etc. Dirtiest guesthouse in Japan.

Disgusting place!!!!! We had huge coakroaches and fleas everywhere in room. The place is not THAT cheap, it's not worth It!

The facilities and building itself aren't top of the range, but the vibes are great, the people are friendly and I had one of my best nights in Japan at the bar downstairs. Booked this place last minute not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised. I would definitely come back here next time!

• 11th Jul 2015

Good location, the people at the reception are nice, but the place was quite dirty, very dusty! They are not as clean as other standard Japanese hostels

The toilets were very dirty and smelly, they aren't cleaned regularly!! There is a nice bar in the lobby and the room was ok!

Smoking is allowed downstairs very gross smell

We booked last minute and didn't expect much. Pay for what you get.

Well we were bitten for several bugs in bedrooms, the kitchen was disgusting because it was rarely cleaning, there were plenty of bugs in the kitchen, the lift is not working so to get our luggage to the 4th floor was uncomfortable,the fridge was full of caducated food and so many things.

They have to buildings but to get your key you have to go to the main building and that for me was tiresome. The wifi that was in the building was not strong. It was covering the second and first floor, being on the third floor i had to go down to get some wifi. The main door of the building was always wide open, they never close it. It's cheap but not worth it, you can pay a bit more for better location, wifi, service and security.

Friendly and helpful staff, reasonably clean rooms and common areas reasonably priced at a good location.

• 29th Jun 2015

We found cockroaches in our room(3rd floor), plus the humidity is horrible and the walls should be painted.... waste of money!

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Spain

We booked a doble bedroom And the matress was bigger than the bed. Moreover, there were no aircon remolve control And we were staying in an other building just 5 minutes from the main one which had its door 24 hours open without security And only one shower for all guests.

Lady behind the reception was not friendly at all, she just gave us the key and other stuff needed, but anything else was too much to ask for (like directions etc.) We had a shared room with 8bed, and it was very oldish, but quite ok, but just for sleeping, i would not hang out.. Kitchen in our 4th floor was very messy, and there were also cockroaches here and there. Shower and wc were both just like we imagined after all, messy, and well... not so pleasure to use. i would not go there again.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Finland

My experience was very much affected by first impression, as well as my first night there. When I arrived in the night, I was told my room was 401 and expected it to be straight forward to find. Especially compared to the second and third floors, the fourth looked pretty bad. It was lacking the decorations, easily visible numbers, and even the lights the other two floors had. The worst was the bed bugs. Only saving grace was the full refund.

• 20th Jun 2015

The first room I checked into had a big patch of mold on the ceiling and smelt. The lady at reception seemed surprised this was a problem, but she kindly found me another room. This is really unhygienic, my friend gets sick easily so this would have been a very big problem if we had stayed in that room! The room we did stay in had cobwebs on the beds and under the top bunk. The doona and mattress protector were very old. The shower was moldy also. There were very limited cooking utensils.

there are millions of bed bugs! my whole body was completely covered with bites just from 1 night! (i counted more than 50 bites! and thats not a choke!) people staying in other beds have been bitten as well. even people staying at other rooms had some bites! so it was definitely not only an exception what happened to me. i got my money back at the next morning, but my body is still itchy as hell. the staff knows about that problem but they dont tell you anything and they do nothing against it.

We are very thankful for checking-in us earlier that the usual check-in time.

• 30th May 2015
  • Poland

The worst hostel I have ever seen until now.

• 18th May 2015