AS House (Asakusa Smile) Reviews

2-20-10 Higashi Komagata, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

the restroom is not good smell and also not clean. private room is good ,but I have the big luggage but the stair is too thin to move up.

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

It was great!Stuff were super helpuful, it was clean and very nice atmosphere!Good location, 100y store in 2 minutes, so the subwayand public bath (if you wanna take a sauna). Perfect value for money, it's one of the cheapest hostel in Tokyo and I think it's just perfect, I don't unerstand how people can write bad comments about it..also the stuff at the reception was super nice!Thanks for everything!

• 13th Apr 2014

The staff was not very friendly and the beds were very creaky and like sleeping on hard ground. The kitchen was ok for cooking at least. It had plenty of pots, pans and dishes. There was only one shower and there wasn't any toilet paper in the bathrooms.

It was not a nice experience staying here. Admittedly it also had to do with People eating in the room and left Food open on the floor all day long. But when I reported to the staff that I had seen 2 cockroaches (1 right next to my bed at night) and that this might be due to people in my room eating, all I got as a Response was: yeah, your room is on 4th floor with kitchen, that happens sometimes. No lockers in rooms. Room could do with a makeover. Only Thing I liked were the showers.

Got scared by the bad reviews and then it turned out to be really nice! Clean, comfy, nice people...

Perfect location, easy to find and to reach any interesting part of Tokio. Closing and opening front (external) door in "Bekkan" house should be revised. I've seen several times, that front door was left open, even wide open. Electric kettle did not work, there was very limited set of spoons and so on.

Nice hostel with good facilities like a kitchen and laundry. However I saw a couple of cockroaches in the kitchen and there needed to be more utensils to really cook. Rooms were pretty small but that's expected in tokyo. Nice bar and common room area downstairs.

There were so many things that should have been fixed. Locks/toilets etc.. windows not closing..

Good service and good helpfull staff! We had a good stay at Asakusa Smile! Only thing, sometimes a bit cold in the lounge. But it was also cold outside....

unfriendly staff inconvenience if your room at second building (Bekkan). Hard to find the 2nd building. The hostel signboard is no where to find. All guests I've met having the same problem to find the hostel and only found the entrance from the other guests who's going out.

Quite a bizzare set-up. Very few showers and toilets and having the shower separated from the public hallway by a thin hanging sheet was unsettling. Cheap night in the dormitory tho so you get what you pay for. The bedding was clean and the location was excellent

great hostel which really feels like home. when i visit tokyo again, i will definitely stay here again.

If you're looking for a cheap hostel that provides only the essentials (roof over your head, a bed, and a shower with hot water) this is the place for you. The location is great but the staff were pretty unhelpful, there was no internet in my building, and the rooms were dusty and stuffy. The computers were also not working when I was there.

- unfriendly staff - atmosphere was pretty uncomfortable - it was not offered to lock the luggage

I stayed in the 2nd building which was very hard to find. There was only 1 shower in the building which sucked especially since there are many people in the place. The place could've also been a bit more cleaner. There also weren't any coin lockers to keep your valuables so you . The location was surrounded by lots of konbini which was good if you are looking for something to eat.

Great stay. Very convenient.

The cleanliness was pretty poor in the room where there was food and old clothes left in the private room. Floors throughout were dirty. The noise from the front door was constant, shook the whole bedroom. So with a hostel in tokyo where people are coming and going all hours of the day it was hard to get any sleep. Staff did the bare minimum and were not really present.

The wi-fi sometimes went crazy and it was unable to use. Somebody often smoked within the building, all the smoke came in to my room (I havr allergic from smoke). My window was blocked, unable to open and my room was dark day & night. The bathroom should be rebuilt, it was disgusting. Please, no limited reception, after 15h flying I had to wait 3h to chek-in, I was angry.

I stayed at the second building. First, there is only 1 shower for the whole guest, at least 15 guest if fully booked. Second, there is no wifi internet, no public computer. Third, there is no staff to take care of guests in the second building, if anything happened you have to walk to the main building to find someone there. Fourth, the room and the bed was full of dust. My friend and I even got a rash. I think these are enough for not going back again.

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Thailand
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff was very rude and the rooms weren't cleaned in ages. There even was a cockroach in the kitchen. I don't recommend this to anyone unless you are only spending one night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4