AS House (Asakusa Smile) Reviews

2-20-10 Higashi Komagata, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The hostel facilities were very dirty(stains on the matresses,lot of dust in the room, mold in the room &especially in the common shower facilities, insects in the kitchen ), it smelled of smoke everywhere as the reception area is a bar at the same time, you have to walk through this "bar" everytime you enter or leave the hostel. Didn't really feel safe either and even though they have lockers to rent out, I prefered taking my valuables with me all the time.

- One night I came to the hostel and the entrance door was wide open and nobody around. - The check in - check out counter is in a smelly dim light bar and located somewhere else than the rooms. - Check out time is early at 10:00 AM and you need to subtract 15 minutes to walk there. And you also have to consider that you're not only one that wants to use the shower at that time. - The toilet was the only toilet I encounterd in Japan that did not have the spaceship buttons.

シャワールームと廊下の仕切りがドアとのれん。廊下からドアを開けると、のれん越しに脱衣所が丸見え。 部屋や共有スペースにロッカーはあるが、鍵が壊れてたり、わたしが使えるのはひとつもなかった。 ウェルカムドリンクがあったので、それはよかった。

You know, this is the most terrible hostel in my life!!!! The facilitates are really poor!!! I can't use heater in my room whereas the temperature inside is only 2˚C !!! So crazy!!! In addition, I got the other building which didn't have resepsionist in there, howcome???? These building have 3 floor and OLNY HAS 1 SHOWER ROOM!!!! WTF!!! REALLY DISAPPOINTED TO LIVE HERE AND NEVER GO BACK HERE AGAIN!!!!

Rooms were really small, barely enough space for our bags. To be frank, toilets at the train stations were cleaner than the ones on our floor. :(

I would say I will not come back to stay at this hostel again. They have 2 selerated bulidings. Even the new one is not too far from the old one. However, there's no reception on that new building. I have to walk between these two. Moreover, only 1 shared bathroom and toilet to be used for the whole building and they are very dirty. Kitchen is smell very bad and dirty too. It is a very bad experience staying at this hostel.

We had mold in the room. Mold! Black mold growing on the ceiling. Great for health Also, never look beneath your bed or anywhere in the showers. There is tons of dirt and dust. And not just hard-to-get ones, but dirt that could easily be wiped away in one swish. Everything reeks of dirt. And the other guests were plain annoying. Chatting late at night with their friggin' doors open, leaving hair of all kinds and tooth paste in the sinks, banging doors at night instead of turning the knob, etc

• 1st Apr 2015

Showers are poorly set up and pretty grotty. You do get a free drink card on arrival which is nice. I've stayed here a few times when I can't find anything else in Tokyo and it's ok for short term stays. But it's nothing flash.

Pretty standard hostel, not too far from the station. Reliably average.

I quite enjoyed my stay at Asakusa Smile. I stayed in the sister building across the road which was very quite compared to the main building. It was a comfortable and roomy stay for a backpackers, very homey. Although the wifi was very bad, I could only use it in the common room and I could not pick up signal from my room. Although, it was not necessarily a bad thing as it improved the social aspect of the hostel. I would go back and stay again.

• 31st Mar 2015

Unfortunatly I couln´t sleep because of the smoke from the dining room I could smell.. And also the bathroom was not very clean and people were making too much noise. But the staff was very nice and helpful : - )

• 30th Mar 2015

Good location is the only thing good there! This place is just so dirty, and nobody cares. Our room was mouldy on the wall, so smells bad, with hairs and dust everywhre on the floor. Our advices, that place needs a HUGE cleaning, rooms refurbished..and some of the staff really need to work on the customer service.

• 30th Mar 2015

Nice location by just 10 mins walk from Asakusa station and near to some of the attraction spot. The japanese and spanish staff are very friendly and helpful. However, the bed of Asakusa Bekkan may need to be upgraded.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Nice hostel, but it was very dirty under the beds.

Staff is not helpful and not interested. Hostel is very dirty and smelly. The sheets they gave me were dirty and my friends sheet had blood on it. Showers and kitchen are dirty. Kitchen doesn't have enough equipment. Room is very small and doesn't have a place to put your bags or hooks for your clothes. There were hardly any curtains so the room is very light early in the morning. The lockers were broken and the personal key could open ALL the lockers. Actually there is nothing I liked about it.

The hostel is very old and could really use a makeover. It got cleaned once a day, but that is not enough for the few showers being used by so many people. The kitchen had next to no dishes. However, the staff was very friendly, the station is close and it wasn't THAT dirty after all. So you can definetly book this hostel for a short stay, but it wouldn't be my favorite.

it was dirty And anything didn't work .... Tv oven wifi.... Etc

I am an asthmatic so the fact that people were smoking inside in the bar area made me not want to go to the bar. Not to mention the fact that my hair and clothes stank afterwards! The computer was also really slow. Apart from that, I always felt really safe and I thought that the hostel was in a great location.

• 18th Mar 2015

Really good stay at the bekkan - had a double private on the third floor. Really easy access around Tokyo and would definitely stay again.

• 18th Mar 2015

I think the bar atmosphere would have been more enjoyable had I not been so tired (and wanting to sleep despite hearing the music until 3am), but the facilities were foul and acrid, with everything being so dirty. I was worried about leaving my stuff even while I slept, which is the first time in any hostel in Japan I've felt that way.

« first « Prev 1 2 3