AS House (Asakusa Smile) Reviews

2-20-10 Higashi Komagata, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Asakusa Smile is old and rundown, so even though it was mostly clean when I was there it looked dirtier than it actually was. The rooms are also quite small. But I'd stay there again because the location is great and so is the price.

Please clean the bed room and the toilet. Very dirty and smelly in the toilet. The bed room got a lot of duct and insects. The shower room look like never clean for a month.

This hostel has a serious hygienic problem . The showers were dirty and very uncomfortable, dirty bed clothing and in the common area smoking is permitted so it stinks awfully of tabaco. It is well located but it is definitely not value for money.

The hostel is conveniently located near the Asakusa district and can be reached easily via the Asakusa and Ginza Line. The bathrooms were not so well equipped and it was hard to find a space to put ones clothes. Additionally, there was no elevator which can be a problem if you have heavy luggage. Apart from the bar and the kitchen there is no real cozy lounge to hang out and relax.

Rooms ok, bathrooms, showers, hallways, dirty and smelly. Place smelled like smoke due to bar downstairs. Cockroaches in room. Bed bugs.

Nice location, good price

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Japan

This hostel has so much potential, it is in a great location, just across the bridge is Asakusa, however it is absolutely filthy. I've never stayed anywhere so dirty. The toilet reeked of urine, the shared showering facility had clumps of old hair, dust and dirt, and the kitchen was the most unhygienic area of all. There were problems with cockroaches, fleas and bed bugs. The rooms themselves have also been neglected, the slats of the bed above me had split and were held together with rope.

It is the dirtiest hostel where I've been. I had to clean my room myself when I did the check in because there was a lot of dust and also some food under the bed. The toilets and bathroom wasn't clean. The bed was broken. The bed wasn't a double bed at all. The are conditioned didnt work properly (too cold or too hot) and it was full of dust. The entrance smelled bad. The wifi was bad.... I can not recomend this hostel to anybody and I wouldnt come back

Horrible bathroom,the women shower did NOT have a locker and it was also very dirty,dirty sheets, two plugs in did NOT worked, and the kitchen was not very equipped.For the price that I payed I expected a LOT more of this hostel.Don't pay more than 1800 yen in this hostel

Asakusa Smile had a good central location to the city of Asakusa which is easily connected to places like Akihabara and Shibuya. However Asakusa Smile failed to meet my expectations when it came to security, cleanliness and privacy. The bedroom's air conditioning unit did not work, and the privacy and security of the bedrooms was non existent, we arrived to find past customers belongings still in the wardrobes. The kitchen and bathrooms were not clean, and there were small bugs everywhere.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Was very confusing as there is a place called "Smile Hotel" a few km down the road. When we tried to enter the hostel into our GPS, the Smile Hotel came up as the top result. We ended up having to walk several km out of our way only to realize that we weren't even at the right place. Better directions on the site would be helpful.

• 17th Jul 2015

Has never been cleaned. Coakroaches, fleas, etc. Dirtiest guesthouse in Japan.

Disgusting place!!!!! We had huge coakroaches and fleas everywhere in room. The place is not THAT cheap, it's not worth It!

The facilities and building itself aren't top of the range, but the vibes are great, the people are friendly and I had one of my best nights in Japan at the bar downstairs. Booked this place last minute not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised. I would definitely come back here next time!

• 11th Jul 2015

Good location, the people at the reception are nice, but the place was quite dirty, very dusty! They are not as clean as other standard Japanese hostels

The toilets were very dirty and smelly, they aren't cleaned regularly!! There is a nice bar in the lobby and the room was ok!

Smoking is allowed downstairs very gross smell

We booked last minute and didn't expect much. Pay for what you get.

Well we were bitten for several bugs in bedrooms, the kitchen was disgusting because it was rarely cleaning, there were plenty of bugs in the kitchen, the lift is not working so to get our luggage to the 4th floor was uncomfortable,the fridge was full of caducated food and so many things.

They have to buildings but to get your key you have to go to the main building and that for me was tiresome. The wifi that was in the building was not strong. It was covering the second and first floor, being on the third floor i had to go down to get some wifi. The main door of the building was always wide open, they never close it. It's cheap but not worth it, you can pay a bit more for better location, wifi, service and security.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4