AS House (Asakusa Smile) Reviews

2-20-10 Higashi Komagata, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The bar was a great place to meet other travellers as well as locals, really fun.

• 21st Nov 2014

Pros: It's very close to Asakusa (a must-go for Tokyo), and it is very cheap. If you value location and value, then this is the best place to stay while staying in Tokyo for a SHORT term. Cons: If you are looking for somewhere with privacy, basic hygiene (I found two cockroaches in the dorms), and security (which is shoddy at best), then this establishment may not be your choice.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Wouldn't go there again EVER! It might seem cheap or good enough as a last resort, but trust me you'd be better off sleeping on a park bench. I've never left a comment before, but I couldn't resist leaving one now- just don't go there, you will be disappointed no matter what you like/dislike.

the hostel is the worst hostel I have even been. We can´t close the door of the the room, our bed is not a bed it is a sofa. Everything is very dirty, and broken. We have had all this problems on a different building, that the principal. The good thing was that the people of the staff was very helpfull, and helped us to find other hostel. But we wasted a lot of time on looking for another hostel.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Stayed in the bekkan. Internet was extremely spotty. No usage in the rooms, only worked sometimes in the kitchen if you were lucky. Otherwise things were clean and everything worked well enough.

• 14th Nov 2014

More lockers please!

• 7th Nov 2014

This hostel is awful. There is only 1 shower with a lock, the kitchen is barely functional (no knives!) And there were cockroaches in the sink and on the kitchen floor. There is a 'smoking area' next to reception which means the entire first floor and staircase stinks of smoke all the time (writing 'no smoking here' on the table next to the 'smoking area' is laughable). Only stay here if there is nothing else available.

It was DIRTY, the beds had yellow dirty marks,many many dust behind the bed, the smell in the shower was terrible because of the dampness and the staff...like in another planet. Not saying "good morning", not saying "hello"... And the experience was worse for my 3 friends that had the room in the 4th floor. A mixed room of 4 beds. There was another person but their beds were used, with used underwear and two cockroachs runing through the walls. Obviosly they went to another hotel this night.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Spain

Overall, I didn't enjoy the space, but it's VERY VERY cheap, which is great. Problems: there is a bar attached and it's pretty loud. I was on the second floor and couldn't sleep past 1 am from all the noise. The room smelt like smoke and the air conditioner was broken (they said it could be fixed in 1 day, but it didn't happen). The door locks on the room seemed a bit sketchy (but they have nice lockers for just a deposit).

Staff were mostly good, but one receptionist wanted me to use a pay phone outside rather than letting me use the one at the desk. Bathrooms were very poorly maintained. I went to an Onsen to avoid using the showers. Found cockroaches in kitchen.

BEDBUGS!!! We were supposed to stay for 4 nights, we stayed 2 just bcs the only other place vacant was Hilton! compared to all other hostels, this place was lowly s**t! the 2nd day my shoulder was itchy, when we got back the evening we discovered the room was packed with bed bugs!!! we went up to the guy at the reception n his answer was: "ah, there are not too many!". he didn't even try to hide it! definitely the worst hostel we saw in JP, and we stayed in 15 places during our trip.

• 29th Oct 2014

Good location and good value for money. The bad point is the people smoke inside the main room, it's unpleasant for nonsmokers…

Good location, Staff was all right the guy I met was able to scan files for me and informative, had to wait about 25 minutes before I got to see him though to check in. The room was a bit dirty, dusty window sills and bedsheets had a lot of stains and hair. But for the price it's pretty decent. Showers were a bit stained also.. The place also smelled like garbage and dirty shoes outside. I would probably stay at the Khaosan hostels instead..

The only thing we are giving credit for this hostel was the cleanliness of it. We have seen the good and the bad of hostels and this one made us feel plain uncomfortable. We left before the weekend but if you're planning to stay over one, be prepared to join the crowd at the downstairs bar for you will not be sleeping, the bar noise carries even to the 3rd floor. Can only recommend if you need a cheap place to crash for a night or two.

It's a great place to stay and hang out with people. I'd definitely recommend this place for people seeking a good place to stay and great place to hang out. Plus, its great for your money, one of the cheapest in town maybe.

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Asakusa Smile was a great hostel. Conveniently located and helpful staff. The only problem we had was returning there in taxis at night when the trains weren't running. They should print out cards with the name of the hostel and directions in Japanese to hand to a cab driver because it was very difficult to communicate where we wanted to go. The taxi drivers still didn't understand when we showed them the location on a map. Once we were even dropped off at a different "Smile Hotel"

Great facilitation of my stay and well located and easy to get about Tokyo. Great shower and toilet facilities. Will love to come back the next time I'm in Tokyo.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Singapore
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Unfortunately I didn`t stay at your hostel but I thinkk it`s good. Hope to come to your place one day)))

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Russia

Really easy to meet new friends here :) A lot of mold in our room :/

Toilet smell old urine all the time, Bed banks too old so noisy,every time people move's,they need to change bed banks for a better and strong foundation

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4