• 2-20-10 Higashi Komagata, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

6.7
Good 2,037 Total Reviews
6.7
Good 2,037 Total Reviews
AS House (Asakusa Smile) Located at 2-20-10 Higashi Komagata, Sumida-ku, Tokyo.
Japan
Tokyo 1300005 2-20-10 Higashi Komagata, Sumida-ku
67% 2037
35.7073683 139.8006257
    Rooms available

16th Jul 2016
3.4

We typically stay at a different hotel in Ueno, but it was booked so we tried Asakusa Smile. We booked a private room which was a bunk bed in a room not much bigger than a closet. The wifi router for the floor was in our room, so every time the wifi went down we were disturbed so it could be reset. Mostly, we were dissatisfied by the lack of cleanliness. It looks like they haven't dusted in years. The shared toilet smelled awful and the showers weren't cleaned regularly. I do not recommend!

16th Jul 2016
4.3

This hostel has 2 buildings. One has the reception and bar, the other is some kind of weird safe house across the street, so it's basically two hostels. I was in the latter, which makes it considerably more difficult to speak to reception about issues for example. The beds were very uncomfortable and the sheets smelled really bad. The kitchen area and bathroom were also dirty (saw a few cockroaches) and the wifi was basically non-existent. Overall it looked like something out of the SAW films.

15th Jul 2016
4.6

The hostel was a little bit dirty and there were no staff there was just 1 cleaning lady who works for 2 or 3 hours the bads were toooo old overall bad

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
8th Jul 2016
6.6

Beds were very uncomfortable. Had to use duvet for cushioning. Shower was more of a room than a shower but the location was good and easy to get into central Tokyo

• England, Male, 18-24
30th Jun 2016
7.7

When I first arrived I wasn't too impressed, the wi-fi didn't work unless you were in reception and the staff I was received by didn't seem too welcoming. However I came to enjoy staying at Asakusa Smile because of the bar downstairs where I met, and enjoyed conversations with lots of locals. The wi-fi was working after a day or so, and some of the other staff who worked there were friendly and helpful. The hostel is in a great location as well right near to Tokyo Skytree and a metro station.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
25th Jun 2016
7.4

We were not there for long but it was fine. We were travelling with our 3 year old and wouldn't stay there with kids again. It is for late night kinda people which is fine if you are also a late night kind of person or even over the age of 18 kind of person. They had good entertainment at the hostel with comedy nights, we could hear people laughing. You get what you pay for and it was cheap but cheerful.

• Australia, Female, 41+
22nd Jun 2016
3.1

The staff were not interested or friendly when I arrived. I was placed in their secondary site which was good because the other one stank of cigarettes. The property though has one shower, and only two toilets for a number of rooms. The place was damp, smelly and the FRONT door was left open and unlocked while I was there. The doors to the rooms are not secure and my locked bag was tampered with. I booked in for 4 nights but left after two. I do not recommend this place at all.

• Hong Kong, All Female Group, 18-24
20th Jun 2016
2.3

Once we arrived the hostel, the lobby was messy that it was just like in chaos. Worse still, we found that we got some problem in the payment. We ordered a room for three persons but eventually we can only have a 2-person room while paying extra money. The staff was not very helpful and polite. What's more, when we got into the room, it was really very tiny that we could barely place our luggage. The most disappointing one is we could not lock the bathroom door, it sounds ridiculous.

• Thailand, Mixed Group, 31-40
17th Jun 2016
3.7

Location is good .Room is dirty and bed is not good. . This is worst place for mine . . And I hope they will renovation some day to be better .by the way you pay what you get ... !! Happy and enjoy time with staff at bar too .

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
5th Jun 2016
8.0

The hostel was a bit further from the Metro than I had anticipated and is a bit cramped overall. Aside from that I actually really enjoyed the hostel (Futons are the best inventions ever) and the location is a really good place to start off your adventure in Tokyo (beginning with 'old' Tokyo)