AS House (Asakusa Smile) Reviews

2-20-10 Higashi Komagata, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Good place to stay, great location, helpful staff.

Overall it was oaky. But we did have a cockroach in our room. The place could be kept a bit cleaner.

It is an okay hostel to stay for one or two nights. The aircon in my dorm didn't work properly, it was dark and kind of smelly. No major issues. The welcome drink at the bar is very nice.

Nice place to stay, not the most cleanest place but if you like a drink in the bar where you can talk with other travellers and locals, this is a good place tp stay.

This hostel is cheap, so I suppose you get what you pay for, but it would have been nice if the room was clean, if the toilet room didn't stink, if there was more than one shower for the building and if the staff were more approachable. We tried to spend as little time here as possible. I would not recommend this place!

The hostel is super dirty. We slept with a cockroach in our room. Staff from the reception are not helpful and when there is a problem they don't know how to react. People party and speak loudly at night and nobody tells them anything. The matress is very uncomfortable. The drier doesn't work properly so you pay a lot and it doesn't dry. It's being one of the worst experience in a hostel. I wouldn't recommend this hostel at all.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Spain

Staff is not the cleanest, they use to leave lots of dirty dishes in the sink and didn't do my bed all the days even though I left the room really early

Very dirty-especially in the common areas and there were bed bugs the 1st night.so the next morning I woke up with lots of bites at my legs.small room. was happy to change the room for my 2nd

It was our first nights in Japan and after coming to hotel very late night I was delighted our reception. The atmosphere was very pleasent. Hostel of low budget, just for tourist.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Poland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Having now stayed in countless hostels i rate this as the worst so far. The drinks downstairs in the bar were some of the most expensive we found in Japan. the lights don't work or the toilet doesn't flush. I had to fix the cistern myself at one stage. the bed sheets didn't even fit the bed. not by a little either. by about a foot and a half. Recommended if you need a last resort bed in Tokyo.

It has a good location, it is a few minutes to walk to nearest station and if you are a good walker you can even make it to JR station. It is quite clean , i mean you have all sheets and stuff clean served. But it had only one single shower for the whole building! We ere in the annex building where all dormitories are and only one shower in hot humid Tokyo! that was a bit messed up. Wireless is also quite weak. apart from that do for a cheap price it is alright!

There was inconsistencies with the cleaning staff. Some where excellent, others seemed to be rushing through to just finish. I left my wallet and bags lying around and nothing was ever taken.

The kitchen facilities were very poor with very few utensils. Cleanliness was very poor and non smoking areas were used to smoke in. Not the place to stay if you are a school group.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

My "room" was a closet between the shoe rack and the toilet (with broken door), phone was broken, no light over entrance step, shower window won't close, hot shower tap difficult to turn on, shower door is glass, air-con blew up when used, air-con sealed with wrapped towel, no window, power points only for low wattage electrical items, no instructions (or laundry powder) in laundry, reception several blocks away.

Worse security ever, (both doors where opened, the one from the street and room's door), but that not very important because, you know, Japan is very safe. The location is not the best, because JRPass is not enougt to arrive there, you have to pay metro ticket. We where in a building without staff, one night the air-con broked and we had to spend the hole night with it in "frozen mode". Dirty bathrooms, stinky toilets.

Stayed in sister hotel. No reception, no one locks doors, only one shower wtf mate.

• 7th Jul 2014

I have travelled extensively this is my first hostel review only because so many bad comments on this hostel I stayed here twice and really like it these softco#ks who bag this place toughen up or pay 10000 yen if you want soft pillows and all the rest of the bullsh#t you complain about as for stolen stuff security lockers are provided so no excuses to many marshmellows around now a days just a pack of bitches and one of the barstaff is so cute wow I luv her ( lol ) give it a go.

Good for basic no-frills accommodation. Handy location and lots of common space. Nice small dorms but very ill equipped and unclean kitchen and particularly unsanitary showers. Despite this, all ran smoothly and nice and cheap.

there are many bed bags!

Improve cleaning the bathroom and kitchen are disgusting to the point he had to use outside showers and bathrooms

• 23rd Jun 2014