AS House (Asakusa Smile) Reviews

2-20-10 Higashi Komagata, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

1911 Total Reviews

One of the worst places I've stayed. All the beds have bed bugs, One lady from the hostel came into our room angry that people were complaining about the bed bugs and that there was nothing they can do.....as if it was the guest's fault. Whatever about the bugs, the worst thing about this hostel is the staff who were extremely rude and unhelpful. Would not recommend staying here.

You know the world of hostels have up'ed their standards. This place is ok if you want something cheap but don't expect anything. This is bare bones. The best thing was the location and a few sexy bartenders.

Quite reasonable accommodation. The accessible location from a accessible subway station is also excellent. Lots of trains operate after 11pm and can come back here. Asakusa is, needless to say, historically traditional spots and some franchised Izakaya (Japanese style drinking spot) are available 24/7. It's located within 5 mins on foot. Free WiFi and hot shower work well. If you would like to find an inexpensive, accessible and quiet area, I can recommend here to you.

• 13th Sep 2015
  • Japan

I am surprised at the amount of bad reviews this place has. I chose it because it was the cheapest option in Tokyo and expected the worse but was very surprised. It is not spotless but certainly not dirty as most reviews suggest. The showers and kitchen are large and the bar is open late and has a nice mix of backpackers and locals. Good location a 5 minute walk to the subway which can get you anywhere. Don't be put of by bad reviews save your money and stay here.

WATCH OUT! Me and my girlfriend have been robbed during the night. They stole us our money after checking in our luggage and finding our wallet. Apart from this, the place stinks like vomit and cigarette and there is a terrible atmosphere. I REALLY DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS PLACE.

• 6th Sep 2015

If I could afford it I wouldn't stay there. I got bitten on my belly quite badly one of the nights I stayed (probably cz of bedbugs). There were cockroaches running in a toilets, doors for the rooms don't lock properly (you can open them by using ANY key). Mattresses are dirty and kitchen has no teaspoons or just simple bowls to eat smth from them (they have only massive cooking bowls and pots). If you need to use a computer your clothes and hair will stink of cigarettes.

Easy walk from Asakusa station. A good place to stay ifvyou want to explore asakusa and ryogoku

Asakusa Smile is old and rundown, so even though it was mostly clean when I was there it looked dirtier than it actually was. The rooms are also quite small. But I'd stay there again because the location is great and so is the price.

Please clean the bed room and the toilet. Very dirty and smelly in the toilet. The bed room got a lot of duct and insects. The shower room look like never clean for a month.

This hostel has a serious hygienic problem . The showers were dirty and very uncomfortable, dirty bed clothing and in the common area smoking is permitted so it stinks awfully of tabaco. It is well located but it is definitely not value for money.

1 2 3 Next » last »