AS House (Asakusa Smile) Reviews

2-20-10 Higashi Komagata, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I stayed at the second building. First, there is only 1 shower for the whole guest, at least 15 guest if fully booked. Second, there is no wifi internet, no public computer. Third, there is no staff to take care of guests in the second building, if anything happened you have to walk to the main building to find someone there. Fourth, the room and the bed was full of dust. My friend and I even got a rash. I think these are enough for not going back again.

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Thailand
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff was very rude and the rooms weren't cleaned in ages. There even was a cockroach in the kitchen. I don't recommend this to anyone unless you are only spending one night.

Some people smoke at door then the atmosphere is very bad in all building. I ordered single room but AS House give me two people dormitory. The bed is very big and it's height is small. So I can't sit in bed. If I sit in bed, my head will hit other bed. The space is very small. Facilities are very old or bad.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Taiwan

If you have low budget and stay for a short term I recommend asakusa smile hostel is a good option. The location is convenient and quiet. See you next time.

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Thailand

i found cockroaches on my bed...very dirty.and chinese receptionist was really unfriendly...

Good cheap hostel in Asakusa area. But if you stay in the second building, Bekkan, the atmosphere is different, outside of the nice ambience of the main building, and the WiFi is very poor, when it is working.

100En store is nearby. Moreover public bath and cleaning is 100m away. And traditional japanese okonomiyaki restoraunt is in neighbour house 2nd floor. 5 min from subway. Cheap. A bar in lounge. Good location.

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Russia

The girl at the reception is grumpy, rude, not friendly at all. Very disorganized. They should get better staff. Hostel is not really safe, anybody can go up to the rooms. But in japan, everything is safe. Kitchen is basic, dorms are big. Clean showers. Location is great, asakusa area is beautiful and close to subway. great great atmosphere. there is a bar! i had the best time here because i met really cool people. Thanks to my new friendss Alex, Ben, Vicente and all the guys. You made my stay !

Should be cleaner

• 18th Feb 2014

Loved this place. Location was pretty good. Good atmosphere at the bar.

• 15th Feb 2014

Enjoyed the stay at this hostel staff were accommodating and helped us change rooms when the heating wasn't working and were were in the middle of a snow storm. Location was good too. Just too much cigarette smoke around for me!

The location is good and its quite easy to find although the instructions on this website are not very good, I had to research to find better ones. Our room was clean but the bathroom area and shower area was not great, saw 2 cockroaches. The toilet was also very dark even though there was a light in there. They also need more showers. My brother enjoyed the bar downstairs and it was easy to meet and socialize with people.

didn't really like staying here. the mattress was really thin and uncomfortable. also I had to stay on the top bunk with my bf on the bottom As my bed kept falling apart in the middle!!! which was really ridiculous. the room didn't have any bins, which was really annoying too, you had to go downstairs for them! which was annoying as I had a bit of a cold. it's all a bit shabby, everyone smokes downstairs and the entire building is freezing cold, the only good thing about that is you get massive duvet covers

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »