AS House (Asakusa Smile) Reviews

2-20-10 Higashi Komagata, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

It was not a nice experience staying here. Admittedly it also had to do with People eating in the room and left Food open on the floor all day long. But when I reported to the staff that I had seen 2 cockroaches (1 right next to my bed at night) and that this might be due to people in my room eating, all I got as a Response was: yeah, your room is on 4th floor with kitchen, that happens sometimes. No lockers in rooms. Room could do with a makeover. Only Thing I liked were the showers.

Nice atmosphere and very internationnal

Got scared by the bad reviews and then it turned out to be really nice! Clean, comfy, nice people...

Perfect location, easy to find and to reach any interesting part of Tokio. Closing and opening front (external) door in "Bekkan" house should be revised. I've seen several times, that front door was left open, even wide open. Electric kettle did not work, there was very limited set of spoons and so on.

The dorms were really small for 6 people.

Nice hostel with good facilities like a kitchen and laundry. However I saw a couple of cockroaches in the kitchen and there needed to be more utensils to really cook. Rooms were pretty small but that's expected in tokyo. Nice bar and common room area downstairs.

Nice place to stay, a little bit of noisy down stair on Saturday but it's okey.

There were so many things that should have been fixed. Locks/toilets etc.. windows not closing..

Good service and good helpfull staff! We had a good stay at Asakusa Smile! Only thing, sometimes a bit cold in the lounge. But it was also cold outside....

unfriendly staff inconvenience if your room at second building (Bekkan). Hard to find the 2nd building. The hostel signboard is no where to find. All guests I've met having the same problem to find the hostel and only found the entrance from the other guests who's going out.

Quite a bizzare set-up. Very few showers and toilets and having the shower separated from the public hallway by a thin hanging sheet was unsettling. Cheap night in the dormitory tho so you get what you pay for. The bedding was clean and the location was excellent

I stayed in the Bekkan (Annex) building. It was fine, a good kitchen/shower, several bathrooms. Pretty basic but functional. It was clean for the most part, though I don't think they look under the beds often. I didn't have much interaction with the staff so I can't say much there. Only issue was that sometimes it was difficult to connect to the wifi, but overall a decent place.

great hostel which really feels like home. when i visit tokyo again, i will definitely stay here again.

If you're looking for a cheap hostel that provides only the essentials (roof over your head, a bed, and a shower with hot water) this is the place for you. The location is great but the staff were pretty unhelpful, there was no internet in my building, and the rooms were dusty and stuffy. The computers were also not working when I was there.

- unfriendly staff - atmosphere was pretty uncomfortable - it was not offered to lock the luggage

I stayed in the 2nd building which was very hard to find. There was only 1 shower in the building which sucked especially since there are many people in the place. The place could've also been a bit more cleaner. There also weren't any coin lockers to keep your valuables so you . The location was surrounded by lots of konbini which was good if you are looking for something to eat.

Great stay. Very convenient.

Decent hostel, but not even my favorite hostel in Tokyo.

The cleanliness was pretty poor in the room where there was food and old clothes left in the private room. Floors throughout were dirty. The noise from the front door was constant, shook the whole bedroom. So with a hostel in tokyo where people are coming and going all hours of the day it was hard to get any sleep. Staff did the bare minimum and were not really present.

The wi-fi sometimes went crazy and it was unable to use. Somebody often smoked within the building, all the smoke came in to my room (I havr allergic from smoke). My window was blocked, unable to open and my room was dark day & night. The bathroom should be rebuilt, it was disgusting. Please, no limited reception, after 15h flying I had to wait 3h to chek-in, I was angry.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »