AVAIL Hostel

Superb 526 Total Reviews

• choy_ken4981
  • Belgium, Male, 31-40
17th May 2017

I can say that I am an experiended traveller, usually most of the hostel staff are friendly and if you ask any question the staff will glad to help you. If you think that is good service, then you haven't meet Sandor yet. After I arrived the owner Sandor gave me the most detail introduction and several recommandations about Budapest regarding sightseeing, food, drink, going out and transport, if I knew that I wouldn't have to buy a guidebook.

14th May 2017

The best part of AVAIL Hostel is Sandor (the manager/owner) and location. It is literally 10 feet away from Szimpla and in the heart of the entertainment/old Jewish District. Sandor picked us up for the airport and spent time telling us what we needed to see in the short time we had in Budapest and what we could skip. He was attentive during the rest of our trip and a great help!

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
30th Apr 2017

Great place.

14th Apr 2017

This hostel is really more of an apartment which is quite a treat, with our own kitchen, washing machine etc, very useful. Plus plenty of towels for visiting the thermal baths. Sandor is the hardest working man in hostelling, he is always there to help and knows everything! We would have missed out on so much without his insider info. The location is perfect, couldn't be better, the apartment is a little corner of calm but as soon as you step outside you are right in the heart of everything.

24th Feb 2017

Very very nice host and friendly! :) he's there to guide you whenever you have any questions whether regard the apartment or in general the city ;) the apartment is located in the prime location!!! You have to very thing you need right outside of the door and the apartment is nice and clean ;)

9th Feb 2017

It's true what the others have said, Sándor is the man

30th Jan 2017

If I could rate this place higher than 10 I would. Very helpful and knowledgeable. As well as great location and facilities. If I come back to Budapest, I'm definitely staying here.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
13th Jan 2017

Sandor was very kind and informative. He picked us up from the airport and took us to apartment. He already had maps ready and explained everything to do in Budapest. The hostel was more of an apartment and was very well located. It had all the kitchen facilities and was very clean. Heating was good, beds were comfortable. The famous Szimpla Bar is directly across the road. There was no street noise issue. Many restaurants very close and short walk into city center. Very reasonably priced :)

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
2nd Jan 2017

I had a fantastic stay here. The location couldn't have been better, the accommodation was clean and Sandor was a perfect host who did everything he could to make my stay in Budapest the best it could be. I will definitely stay here again for my next trip to Budapest!