AVAIL Hostel Reviews

33 Ferenc k�r�t, Budapest, Hungary

This is effectively an apartment, not a hostel. You can come and go as you please and check out when you please too. It's right beside a metro and tram line, in a cheap area for food and beside an Aldi if you want to buy food. It's clean and warm but not the lap of luxury, but look at the price! Sandor is a very knowledgable and friendly host. Trust his local knowledge and recommendations for food, drink, cafés and sites- he's spot on. Will definitely stay here again, thanks Sandor!

A little rough around the edges, but staying at AVAIL was one of my favorite hostel experiences, ever! The location is great, and having the kitchen was very convenient, but the best thing about this place is Shandor, who becomes your personal tour guide with endless knowledge about all things Budapest. Thank you so much for the great time, you were right, a couple days wasn't nearly long enough, but Max and I are looking forward to coming and staying with you again soon :)

The best hostel I have ever stayed in - absolutely brilliant value!

• 18th Jan 2015

First of all, Avail is not a regular hostel. It's not a centralized building in which all rooms share a common area. There are a bunch of units with a couple of rooms and small scale common area in each unit (with kitchen and the like). In my experience it was great. I booked a double bed room for me and my gf and we luckily got a common area just for us. Also, Sándor, the manager, did a really good job in letting us know all the best spots of Budapest! The best welcome package ever offered!

A lovely hostel ideally located in Budapest!! The landlord was very nice and welcoming!!

I have so many good things to say about this hostel that I feel like my fingers will hurt by the time I am done typing. The best thing about it is probably the man who runs the place - Sandor. As soon as we got there, he sat us down and told us the best places to see in Budapest. He replied to all our emails within an hour and told us check out was 'whenever'. The hostel is clean, warm and very safe - not once did I worry about my belongings. If I come back, I would only stay here! Thank you!!

The guy was really helpful! It's a really small hostel though, with only three rooms, so if you're looking for big groups or for a place to meet lots of other travelers, this hostel may not be for you. That being said, it felt very safe and the man that ran the hostel was extremely kind and gave us SO much information!

• 5th Dec 2014

Everything was great! Sandor was an excellent host, very helpful with what to do in Budapest.

It's actually more of a flat with a central space serving as kitchen and sitting room, connected to the rooms to let. Located close to the Danube and the city center with metro and tram stations, grocery stores, banks and a shopping mall just a stone's throw away, it's a very handy place from which to start exploring the Hungarian capital. Sandor, the owner, is not only a fun person to chat with, he'll also tell you all there is to know about Budapest and the surroundings.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

AVAIL Hostel is in a central location and convenient to any place you want to go in Budapest. The apartment was clean and comfortable. Thanks, Sandor!

We stayed in a great location and had a great trip!

I had a fantastic stay at the Avail Hostel and found Sandor, the owner friendly and extremely helpful. He picked me up from the airport and also kindly offered me transport when I found student accommodation. I was given helpful hints on the best tourist locations in the city and advice on apartment searching for students like me. I would highly recommend Avil Hostel - its centrally located, allows you privacy when alone but also provides for shared rooms and has affordable stores close-by.

• 6th Sep 2014