AVAIL Hostel

Superb 511 Total Reviews
9.9
Superb 511 Total Reviews

9th Feb 2017

It's true what the others have said, Sándor is the man

30th Jan 2017

If I could rate this place higher than 10 I would. Very helpful and knowledgeable. As well as great location and facilities. If I come back to Budapest, I'm definitely staying here.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
13th Jan 2017

Sandor was very kind and informative. He picked us up from the airport and took us to apartment. He already had maps ready and explained everything to do in Budapest. The hostel was more of an apartment and was very well located. It had all the kitchen facilities and was very clean. Heating was good, beds were comfortable. The famous Szimpla Bar is directly across the road. There was no street noise issue. Many restaurants very close and short walk into city center. Very reasonably priced :)

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
2nd Jan 2017

I had a fantastic stay here. The location couldn't have been better, the accommodation was clean and Sandor was a perfect host who did everything he could to make my stay in Budapest the best it could be. I will definitely stay here again for my next trip to Budapest!

18th Dec 2016

I will only be staying with Sandor during my future visits to Budapest. I have never met a proprietor of a hostel who is as accommodating, helpful, friendly, and conscientious as Sandor. From the moment he scooped us up from the airport to bring us to our comfortable, spacious apartment in the city center (with everything from a tea kettle to a drying rack and washing machine), he was giving us advice and resources to make our stay the best it could possibly be. HIGHLY recommend.

• Portugal, Male, 25-30
2nd Dec 2016

Since the moment I reserved and after sending out an email , the owner Sandor was great host and the perfect "concierge". He was so kind to pick us up at the AirPort at 01:00. He left us a guide with best of Budapest like the best shows, events, thermal baths, cafes and bars making sure we wouldn't miss anything. He was always prompt to help during our 5 days trip in the city. At the end we got one more friend. Thank you Sandor and wish you all the best in your hostel and apartments. Julio

• Japan, All Female Group, 31-40
5th Nov 2016

This place is more like an apartment than a hostel, it's located right across from a famous ruin bar Szimpla and you have easy access to many areas of the city. Sandor came to the bus terminal early in the morning to pick us up and after we arrived at the hostel (or even on the way) he explained about Budapest and his recommendations in detail. The beds were so cozy, even better then my own bed at home ... thank you and if I come back to Budapest I will stay at your place again!

2nd Nov 2016

What a great trip! Sandor made arrangements for everything, including our 3 month old baby. Would highly recommend! Next time we'll have to visit the thermal baths ...

• Australia, Female, 25-30
26th Oct 2016

Excellent stay in every way! Centrally located right opposite the famous ruin pub Szimpla, and walkable distance to many restaurants and attractions. Place was clean, spacious & homey. Sandor is a very gracious host who took out an hour of his own time to come pick me up from the train station and help me get oriented to the city and suggest attractions, and also checking up daily to see if I needed anything. Wonderful hospitality, and I will definitely be back!

22nd Oct 2016