AVAIL Hostel Reviews

33 Ferenc k�r�t, Budapest, Hungary

Brilliant hostel - you get your own studio apartment. Located in the ex jewish quarter which is now the entertainment centre so lots to do and also walking distance to many other attractions. The owner, Sandor, talks you through where to go and what to do and is incredibly friendly and helpful. Incredibly clean and good value for your money.

• 18th Jun 2015

We loved our stay at AVAIL! The hostel was the perfect location for downtown Budapest and the scene for all young adults, recent grads and bachelor/bachelorette parties. The apartments were equipped with maps and personalized information of Budapest. It is not a party or very social hostel, but after experiencing the party scene of Budapest, it was wonderful to have a private and quaint place to return to for the night/morning!

• 13th Jun 2015

The owner of the place was simply amazing. He is extremely dedicated to his job and will make everything he can to please his guests. Great location. It is calm but close to bars and great ruin pubs.

• 9th Jun 2015

Sandor was fantastic, he helped us with absolutely everything, from lifts to and from the airport/train station when we were leaving, to giving us an extensive overview of the city telling us the best places to go and restaurants to visit, our stay in Budapest wouldn't have been the same without him! Oh and the accomodation is awesome too, great location, super clean, spacious and excellent facilities! 10/10

• 8th Jun 2015

A great hostel in a fantastic location. Sándor went above and beyond to make sure my friends and I had everything we needed and felt at home in his city...easily the most enjoyable hostel experience I've had in my travels.

• 1st Jun 2015

Sandor is the best hoster that a guest can imagine. He helps you at everything. This is a 100% hostel, the best I had been in Europe by far. Excellent location, everything is clean y Sandor gives the best tips in order to have the best experience in Budapest. It is a must in Budapest.

Thanks for a great stay.

Great location and super friendly staff. We stayed in a 3-bedroom apartment, which we shared with others. There is a full kitchen. We did not see others, other guests were very courteous. Host was super friendly and helpful with places to eat and even where to wash laundry.

We loved staying here. Sándor picked us up from the station free of charge and pointed out things to see on the drive back to the apartment. He sat with us and went through everything on a map which was unbelievably helpful. He was always there to text or call whenever we needed and the apartment was perfect. Highly recommend. We will definitely be back.

Best place to stay with regards to location and safety. The host Sandor is very nice. Will recommend it to all.

The hostel was perfectly located, extremely clean and comfortable. Sander gave us an enormous amount of information that greatly enriched our stay in Budapest. There is a kitchen with everything you need too. I couldn´t recommend this hostel highly enough!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Perfect location, great information provided, clean, quiet, excellent value for money would definitely recommend to friends and family of any age.

• 22nd Apr 2015

We had an amazing stay at this hostel. First off, we had booked the private room for two, which turned out to be a fully equipped apartment with a seperate bedroom. The hostel was amazing, and so was the location; close to the centre, public transport and right across the street from one of the best bars in the world :). But the best part was the host, Sandor, who gave us a warm welcome and tips for our visit of 3 days. I would recommend this to anyone! See you in the summer, Sandor!

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

How can I even describe in words the exceptional person Sandor is? Sandor is seriously the hero in everyone's story here and everything they say is true. He immediately makes you feel welcome and gives you the most detailed description of Budapest. Hands down the best host I've ever had! He absolutely makes the stay in Budapest incredible. Hostel is very close to public transport and a supermarket. Will absolutely stay here again!

This hostel was absolutely fantastic. Sandor was so nice to us even though we arrived late, and he gave us a lot of informations and anecdotes about the city so we could have a good time in Budapest. The location is perfect (he offered us to change to a much more central part of town with no added charges) and the building is very secure, also very cute I think ! Inside, everything was clean and functioned well. If you are looking for a cosy, calm atmosphere, it is the right place for you.

Sándor was an excellent host-- I wouldn't necessarily call this a hostel in the traditional sense, it was more like a shared apartment (just one other guy there while I stayed). I only say that because, as Sándor himself says in the description, this isn't a "party hostel" or a hostel where you're likely to meet tons of young travelers. That said, I had a great time and it's easy to see all of Budapest from AVAIL Hostel!

The hostel was cheap, clean, well-accommodated, and in a very central location. The staff went to great lengths to ensure I had the best stay in Budapest. I could tell Sandor put a lot of care and energy into providing a great experience.

• 19th Mar 2015

Perfect location, near all the good nightlife places in Budapest and near the metro stop. Sándor is an excellent host, really nice to us, respectful, helpful, interested in showing us the best places to visit in the city; he even took some time to explain the main attractions from Budapest and give us general info we needed to have a good staying. The place has everything you need and it´s really comfortable. I would definitely come back to Budapest and for sure stay in Avail Hostel.

Absolutely perfect. Ideal setting, great room fantastic value for money and owner was sooo helpful! Marked at a map on where we should go in the day and very the best pubs and clubs for night time. Amazing experience cannot wait to go back!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This is effectively an apartment, not a hostel. You can come and go as you please and check out when you please too. It's right beside a metro and tram line, in a cheap area for food and beside an Aldi if you want to buy food. It's clean and warm but not the lap of luxury, but look at the price! Sandor is a very knowledgable and friendly host. Trust his local knowledge and recommendations for food, drink, cafés and sites- he's spot on. Will definitely stay here again, thanks Sandor!