AVAIL Hostel Reviews

33 Ferenc k�r�t, Budapest, Hungary

Thanks for a great stay.

We loved staying here. Sándor picked us up from the station free of charge and pointed out things to see on the drive back to the apartment. He sat with us and went through everything on a map which was unbelievably helpful. He was always there to text or call whenever we needed and the apartment was perfect. Highly recommend. We will definitely be back.

The hostel was perfectly located, extremely clean and comfortable. Sander gave us an enormous amount of information that greatly enriched our stay in Budapest. There is a kitchen with everything you need too. I couldn´t recommend this hostel highly enough!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Perfect location, great information provided, clean, quiet, excellent value for money would definitely recommend to friends and family of any age.

• 22nd Apr 2015

We had an amazing stay at this hostel. First off, we had booked the private room for two, which turned out to be a fully equipped apartment with a seperate bedroom. The hostel was amazing, and so was the location; close to the centre, public transport and right across the street from one of the best bars in the world :). But the best part was the host, Sandor, who gave us a warm welcome and tips for our visit of 3 days. I would recommend this to anyone! See you in the summer, Sandor!

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

How can I even describe in words the exceptional person Sandor is? Sandor is seriously the hero in everyone's story here and everything they say is true. He immediately makes you feel welcome and gives you the most detailed description of Budapest. Hands down the best host I've ever had! He absolutely makes the stay in Budapest incredible. Hostel is very close to public transport and a supermarket. Will absolutely stay here again!

This hostel was absolutely fantastic. Sandor was so nice to us even though we arrived late, and he gave us a lot of informations and anecdotes about the city so we could have a good time in Budapest. The location is perfect (he offered us to change to a much more central part of town with no added charges) and the building is very secure, also very cute I think ! Inside, everything was clean and functioned well. If you are looking for a cosy, calm atmosphere, it is the right place for you.

Sándor was an excellent host-- I wouldn't necessarily call this a hostel in the traditional sense, it was more like a shared apartment (just one other guy there while I stayed). I only say that because, as Sándor himself says in the description, this isn't a "party hostel" or a hostel where you're likely to meet tons of young travelers. That said, I had a great time and it's easy to see all of Budapest from AVAIL Hostel!

The hostel was cheap, clean, well-accommodated, and in a very central location. The staff went to great lengths to ensure I had the best stay in Budapest. I could tell Sandor put a lot of care and energy into providing a great experience.

• 19th Mar 2015

Perfect location, near all the good nightlife places in Budapest and near the metro stop. Sándor is an excellent host, really nice to us, respectful, helpful, interested in showing us the best places to visit in the city; he even took some time to explain the main attractions from Budapest and give us general info we needed to have a good staying. The place has everything you need and it´s really comfortable. I would definitely come back to Budapest and for sure stay in Avail Hostel.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Costa Rica

Absolutely perfect. Ideal setting, great room fantastic value for money and owner was sooo helpful! Marked at a map on where we should go in the day and very the best pubs and clubs for night time. Amazing experience cannot wait to go back!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This is effectively an apartment, not a hostel. You can come and go as you please and check out when you please too. It's right beside a metro and tram line, in a cheap area for food and beside an Aldi if you want to buy food. It's clean and warm but not the lap of luxury, but look at the price! Sandor is a very knowledgable and friendly host. Trust his local knowledge and recommendations for food, drink, cafés and sites- he's spot on. Will definitely stay here again, thanks Sandor!

A little rough around the edges, but staying at AVAIL was one of my favorite hostel experiences, ever! The location is great, and having the kitchen was very convenient, but the best thing about this place is Shandor, who becomes your personal tour guide with endless knowledge about all things Budapest. Thank you so much for the great time, you were right, a couple days wasn't nearly long enough, but Max and I are looking forward to coming and staying with you again soon :)

The best hostel I have ever stayed in - absolutely brilliant value!

• 18th Jan 2015

First of all, Avail is not a regular hostel. It's not a centralized building in which all rooms share a common area. There are a bunch of units with a couple of rooms and small scale common area in each unit (with kitchen and the like). In my experience it was great. I booked a double bed room for me and my gf and we luckily got a common area just for us. Also, Sándor, the manager, did a really good job in letting us know all the best spots of Budapest! The best welcome package ever offered!

A lovely hostel ideally located in Budapest!! The landlord was very nice and welcoming!!

I have so many good things to say about this hostel that I feel like my fingers will hurt by the time I am done typing. The best thing about it is probably the man who runs the place - Sandor. As soon as we got there, he sat us down and told us the best places to see in Budapest. He replied to all our emails within an hour and told us check out was 'whenever'. The hostel is clean, warm and very safe - not once did I worry about my belongings. If I come back, I would only stay here! Thank you!!

The guy was really helpful! It's a really small hostel though, with only three rooms, so if you're looking for big groups or for a place to meet lots of other travelers, this hostel may not be for you. That being said, it felt very safe and the man that ran the hostel was extremely kind and gave us SO much information!

• 5th Dec 2014