AVAIL Hostel Reviews

33 Ferenc k�r�t, Budapest, Hungary

Great host who does a great job to look after guests. Location of apartment a little off centre, but otherwise great

• 5th Jan 2016

Great service, good hostel, fair price

• 30th Dec 2015

We spent 4 night in AVAIL Hostel during our (ir)regular euro-beer-trips (one Czech and one Swedish guy). Location is great, literally everything is in walk distance (metro station, crafted beer place, shops and restaurants). Sándor will equip you with all you need info to survive for as long as you can :] Place itself is a flat located in inner part of the whole building, well protected from the outer sound (tams and urban traffic). All info you need you will get from Sándor.

Sandor is great! Really works hard to make sure you're happy with your stay.

My stay here was incredible. The owner went completely out of his way to help in absolutely every way during my stay in Budapest. For the $ of this place, I must give it a perfect rating. There were absolutely no weak spots during my stay. Location is great, a stone's throw from the metro and any other public transportation needed. Bars and restaurants are everywhere close by. The place was clean and in a very cool apartment. For a second, I thought I was local.

Great 2 person appt and what a location. Right in the middle of the action but still good for sleeping.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The place was amazing! The room was very clean and cozy. The hostel host was one of the nicest person I've ever met. gave us all information about Budapest and all we needed! I'm definitely coming back :) Tks Sandor!!!

This is an apartment in which rooms are rented out, more air bnb than a hostel. I rented the one bed ensuite for five nights, and had the whole place to myself for four nights which was awesome! Within walking distance of major streets and sights, as well as the metro. The owner, Sandor, was very helpful. He sat down with me for over hour explaining the city, and gave great recommendations and pointers and answering my questions! And popped in once a day to check in. Place was very clean too.

Sandor is an excellent host.

Very clean and excellent location. Close to tram and metro lines as well as walking distance to Central Market, SoHo and many other things. Sandor was an excellent host. Very friendly and accommodating. He picked us up from the train station and gave us a mini tour of Budapest with facts and history on the way to the hostel. Once there he had a personalised map for us as well as brochures for things that he thought may interest us as well as personal recommendations. Would highly suggest.

• 24th Sep 2015

Sandor went totally out of his way to provide me with extra info on my particular interests (e.g. art nouveau in Budapest) and he will no doubt be there for you too. Great guy! Nicely furnished - but remember a small room is small. (I was fine with mine)1 Overall had a great time, met some interesting people and would recommend.

• 21st Sep 2015

The hostel is very well-located, a lot of nightlife and restaurants nearby, and Sandor was really very friendly, giving all the information that you need for spend great days in the beautiful Budapest. I certainly recommend this hostel!

Sandor is brilliant, gave us so much info on arrival, where to go and what to do. The apartment is in the main bar area but because it is set well back there is hardly any noise on a night. You get a code to get into the main apartment block then your own key to get into the flat. It's maybe a 10 minute walk to the tram and metro stops so it's really well located (the transport passes which allow you to ride on any public transport are well worth the money, can be bought at the airport)

Great location, great value, most helpful host ever. Dropped me at airport! Planned my entire 5 day trip for me on my map!

Would like end tables and reading light in bedroom. Share bath and kitchen with a second house guest, that I consider a plus. We met other travelers from other countries and shared stories. Even though room is in very popular and busy night life street, rooms are very quiet with access from courtyard.

• 9th Sep 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The room was lovely and Sandor was the best and most helpful guy we've met since we started travelling! We even ended up staying an extra few days!

• 3rd Sep 2015

My stay at AVAIL Hostel was very pleasant. It felt very secure, as there were three different doors which had to be unlocked in order to get into the hostel. It very quiet. The hostel itself was not luxurious, but was clean and had everything that was needed, including a comfortable bed. The only problem we had was that there was no window to the outside, and it got quite hot. The host is extremely helpful and probably the best one could find, he surely cares a lot about his customers.

A great place in the middle of the district that is buzzing with night life. Very good conditions. And the most helpful and friendly host I've ever met. Thank you Sandor!

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Sandor, owner of the place, is very helpful during my stay. He is extremely knowledgable with the areas around and has given me lots of information on where to visit. I have stayed in 2 of his rooms during my visit, and both places have very good locations - close to supermarkets, restaurants, metro stations & main roads. Both places are fully furnished apartments with kitchen and washroom. I would highly recommend staying in this hostel if you want to be somewhere quiet, clean and convenient.

The room was lovely, super clean and comfortable, and Sandor was extremely helpful and made sure we had everything we needed. His local knowledge was really helpful and made sure we saw the best bits of the city!

• 22nd Aug 2015