AVAIL Hostel Reviews

33 Ferenc k�r�t, Budapest, Hungary

A great place in the middle of the district that is buzzing with night life. Very good conditions. And the most helpful and friendly host I've ever met. Thank you Sandor!

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Sandor, owner of the place, is very helpful during my stay. He is extremely knowledgable with the areas around and has given me lots of information on where to visit. I have stayed in 2 of his rooms during my visit, and both places have very good locations - close to supermarkets, restaurants, metro stations & main roads. Both places are fully furnished apartments with kitchen and washroom. I would highly recommend staying in this hostel if you want to be somewhere quiet, clean and convenient.

The room was lovely, super clean and comfortable, and Sandor was extremely helpful and made sure we had everything we needed. His local knowledge was really helpful and made sure we saw the best bits of the city!

• 22nd Aug 2015

It was fantastic, very close to the ruin bars and clubs. Great advice from Sandor where to eat and what to do in Budapest. Would stay again and maybe upgrade to a deluxe room. The room we had was great with plenty of facilities to make our own food. When you arrive Sandor gives you a map and circles and makes note of where is best to go to enjoy your trip and make the most of what Budapest has to offer. Best stay on our journey so far. 100% will visit again.

Not only was the room in an excellent location, incredibly clean and comfortable, but the best part of living in AVAIL was the host, Sandor. He picked us up from the station, gave us numerous tips (that made us feel right at home and fueled our excitement for the city) and helped us with multiple tiny queries and errands. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect hostel stay!

• 19th Aug 2015
  • India

The stay was great. Sandor was very professional, his knowledge of Budapest and of the english language was superb. The hostel was actually a three room apartment, with one room having it's own bathroom. The apartment is just minutes away from the old city centre and on a major city street but it is still very quiet. The only real downside is that the walls are kinda thin and not very soundproof inside the apartment itself and you can easily hear music and people talking through the walls.

Thank you Sandor for being the most wonderful host. You were so friendly, kind and helpful and made our stay a real joy. I hope you have a wonderful rest of Summer and I'm sure we will return and see you again soon! I wish you all the best and shall personally recommend your hostel to all my friends!

A superb place to stay, with a wonderful landlord in the form of Sándor who told us hundreds of things to do in and around Budapest. Clean, well-equipped, affordable and in a great, safe location in central Budapest. We will definitely be back!

Avail Hostel was an awesome experience made great by the owner Sandor himself. A friend and I stayed there during early August and were wowed by his knowledge of the city. He told us everything we could possibly do and more to have the best time in the amazing city of Budapest. The hostel itself was very nice and surprisingly cool during the hot month of August. I would definitely recomend staying here to anybody I know that will be going to Budapest in the future.

• 10th Aug 2015

Sandor was so great and helpful. He gave us a free upgrade at an amazing location and told us about everything to do in Budapest. The room was well decorated with really good facilities.

• 9th Aug 2015

Sandor was an amazing host! He gave us so much information and tips about things to do while in budapest and picked us up from the train station. The apartment is in a great location and equiped with everything you could possibly need. I would 100% recommend this apartment to anyone staying in budapest!

Sandor was brilliant. Very helpful, polite and went out of his way to make sure we were happy and looked after.

• 1st Aug 2015

Words can't describe how understanding and helpful Sandor is. He went out of his way consistently throughout our 4 day trip to give us advice, translations and suggestions. He even drove us to the municipal office to pay our parking tickets on our last day! His service, along with the amazing location opposite Zsimpla, and the cleanliness and facilities in the apartment mean that I could not give any lower rating than 100%. Budapest is already amazing, Sandor made it that little bit better!

Sandor was really nice and outclassed us, we had the room with bathroom ensuite and it was really great ! The rooms weren't soundproof, but the hostel only has three rooms, so it was always quiet, it felt like it was our home. Our room was humid, though - we often had to open the window. The location of the hostel is quite good, the neighbourhood was calm and the center close by feet or subway. I would definitely recommend it !

Sandor is an excellent hostess!!!! He explained to us everything in Budapest: what to do, where ti eat,transportation tip, absolutely everything!! He also gave us a huge surprise, a free location upgrade to a more central apartment as we just had one day and a half to enjoy Budapest. We couldn't ask for a better place!!! The apartment was very clean, big, fully furnished and the best location ever!!! We'll come back for sure. Tks Sandor! Regards from Christina and Daniel

Excellent Sandor picked us up from THE train station, was always zending me emails prior. Very very knowledgable

Sandor made my trip to Budapest one of the very best. He made every effort to make sure my stay was perfect and I really appreciated it. Maybe looking into getting a 2nd fan for the single room might be a good suggestion, but really, no complaints. Amazing location and amazing host!

Got free upgrade to apartment in Jewish district: better location than listed address. Faced an inner courtyard so pretty quiet. Host Sándor is very welcoming and accommodates practically any need or request. His well practiced introduction to Budapest is lengthy and very informative, yet be prepared to be guilted into giving a good rating. Aside from the rather kitschy décor, odd fabric of the sheets and a slight lack of scrubbing in the shower, it's a great place to have a good night's sleep.

The owner was amazing and suggested literally everything we could do in the surroundings, the apartment was clean and I could not fault it in the slightest. The street that it was on was full of great places to eat and not far at all from the city centre.

• 13th Jul 2015

The place was nice and cozy and the apartment very free with all necessary stuff. The host was really nice and gave wonderful recommendations

• 12th Jul 2015