AWA Chicago City Center Hotel Reviews

600 North LaSalle Street, IL 60654, Chicago, USA

It was hard to find the hotel when I got there, because I was looking for AWA Chicago City Center Hotel. Nowhere, as I could see at least, in my reservation it said Ohio House Hostel. So I had to ask at the hotel across the road and he told me.

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Norway

It is not a hostel: it is a hotel that has different name than it is in the advert. Nobody will tel you about that.... You will just pay more.... When you rent a room for nonsmokers, you will feel the smell of smoking room near..... When you ask about that, you will be answered very polite that rooms are very close to each other..... have a very nice trip everybody!

We had a receipt not corrispondent to dollars taken from my credit card!!!

Firstly it should be claimed this is not AWA Chicago City Center Hotel, but Ohio House motel! Secondly about the relationship of AWA Chicago City Center Hotel and Ohio House motel, and which side to pay, the receptionist should know and explain it to me. But they don't. Linda, the kind, first receptionist I met, contacted with AWA, told me I only need to pay the balance as I paid deposit when booking. But when I checked out the lady rudely charged me total amount instead of balance!

• 6th Jul 2012
  • China

I would stay there again and anytime I'm in Chicago. It was clean and walking distance from everything.

• 25th Jun 2012

This hostel is actually the Ohio House Motel. There is no sign saying AWA Chigago City Center Hotel anywhere. This is a motel, and you get good value for your money, especially if you have a car. We ordered a doublebed room for two people, but got a room for four people due to some rescheduling on their behalf, but they thankfully did not charge extra for the room. The maids are very friendly and nice, but the receptionist was more busy with personal phonecalls than good service.

This place is more like a motel than a hotel. The rooms are kinda tight and not very clean. The staff is not friendly and with a terrible mood no matter what time of the day. The location is great though. If you want to stay downtown, i think this place is okay IF you don't have another option.

I will never come back to this hotel!!! Very disapointed with everything! This name AWA isnt real! They sell one thing in the internet and when you get there they give to you something totaly different!

• 19th May 2012

The location of Ohio Motel is good and you appreciate the train station that is really close. Our room was clean and comfortable. Truly, I can not say anything bad about the place.

I came few days ago to spend the weekend and it was very nice to stay in your hotel. The bedrooms were clean and confortable with very good facilities. And the location was perfect! Thank you! Amandine

• 6th Apr 2012

I paid for a 3 beds room and it was just one so I we had to shered the beds. I will never make a reservation with you again. I dont know if the amount paied at the moment of the recervation will be refunded as the pepople of the front desk told us, if not the price will not be the same as in the web site.

• 12th Mar 2012
  • Argentina

It's IN the center, just perfect location. There is not much to socialize. Very clean.

I was very impressed with this hostel. Although they were just starting out, they really do have a beautiful building in a great location with cool shops for clothing, eating, and hanging out, bars, underground clubs etc. Brian and Brendan the staff were great! They really had a lot of information to share about the area and were very accommodating partying with us and playing Foosball (sp) in the common area. I really recommend this hostel to those looking for a true Chicago experience!

This is not a hotel, it is MOTEL. The real name is OHIO HOUSE MOTEL. It cost more than 140 $ per night in single room through Hostelword. If you reserve it directly through internet with a right name it cost 114 $ double room. WiFi internet does not work in the room (it works sometimes in the parking place outside the building). AWA HOTELS is the agency and the name of hotel AWA Chicago City Center Hotel doesn not exist!

Hostelworld and this motel need to get their act together. Hostelworld booking receipt/confirmation a confused mix of USD and £ figures. On arrival no record of booking. Alleged reasons (1) no fax received from Hostelworld (2) internal computers not "talking to one another" Put in smoking room although had previously told them partner had had lung removed after cancer although we were moved later.On leaving, overcharged and they failed to give credit for deposit paid.

• 9th Aug 2011
  • Couple, 41+

The hostel was great! It was only in an alright location, a bit of a trek from the EL. The rooms were extremely comfortable. One major disadvantage was that they had no fridge. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

• 30th May 2011

I wassatisfied but thought the rates rather high considering that breakfast is not included

• 30th Mar 2011
  • Serbia

We loved the AWA Chicago City Center, right in downtown, perfect location! Staff was really helpful, and couldn't be more friendly. Perfect place to stay in Chicago if you're looking for a downtown location at a budget price.

Excellent price for location. The diner is great, I recommend a visit there for B-fast. Great stuff nearby to check out to for nearby eats and drinks ... Gino's pizza, eggsperience, the Redhead, and Magiano's to name a few. Highly recommended

Because of a computer meltdown they lost our reservation and ultimately were overbooked. They arranged for us to stay elsewhere but at nearly double the price.