AWA Seattle Hostel Reviews

4000 University Way Northeast, Seattle, USA

The name is NOT correct! The name of the Hostel I stayed at was called The College Inn and the name of the hostel I booked was called AWA Seattle Hostel. This made it very confusing and cost me extra expenses because the driver nor I could find it. The phone number to the hostel was automated and told me to leave a voicemail after the tone but the voicemail box was full so there was no chance of getting any direction. I will not book an "AWA' Hostel ever again and feel reembursement is necessary

• 6th Nov 2015

The room that I stayed in needs a new paint because there were a lot of gross stuff on the wall! That is why I rated the cleanliness VERY POOR. I had to move the bed to be away from the wall, when I went to bed. I will come back but I won't stay in the room 204.

I called about a week before arriving, was assigned room, for my 6-day stay. Two days in, just as I was leaving for the day, housekeeper says 'You need to move to another room.' I was on my way out. I'd been given no notice! I said 'Sorry, I'm leaving,' but felt bad all day about it.' I go to the hostel's breakfast the next morning, am again told I need to move room. Am shown a smaller room with smaller bed, above noisy, smoky pub entrance - I say 'no way.' Give people notice!

• 22nd Oct 2015

I throughly enjoyed my stay at the College Inn, I love historic places and the European ambience.. I would make a couple of sugguestions: 1) The ceiling and the upper walls in my room have not cleaned in a long time, evidenced by cobwebs and dust bunnies hanging from the ceiling. 2) Though it is an historic building a taller commode in the bathroom would have been nice or a disabled stall, there is plenty of room in the bathroom for it.

• 17th Sep 2015

We stayed in a private room, and it was very clean and felt safe. The location right across the street from the University is perfect. Would definitely recommend this hostel to others!

• 6th Sep 2015

Nice, young, hip area. Good asian restaurants, basically in the middle of the campus. Much better place than expected. Perfect connection to city center and airport by Bus 71, 72, 73.

• 5th Sep 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The hostel was good for the needs of my friends and me. It is right off multiple bus lines and is a 20 minute bus ride from most places. Check in was a little weird as you go to the market next door and three of us had to share a key so it was hard to go separate ways. The fan in our room was broken but because of where our room was keeping the windows open was not really an option. Other than those two things it was great.

• 5th Sep 2015

If you wanna stay next to the univercity it's your place to be! If you wanna go sightseeing I wouldn't recommend it. Check-in in the store next door!

The AWA hostel is a very convenient location to stay for people doing the Seattle to Portland ride, or the ride from Seattle to Vancouver. Just a few minutes ride from the start line at UW.

• 14th Aug 2015

This is a lovely place to stay, a quaint little inn. It's extremely clean, and close to amenities. It is though a distance from downtown, though there are good buses. I stayed 2 nights, after the first I was suddenly told I had to immediately move to another room, no reason given. The 2nd room the wifi didn't stretch to the room. Could do with some directions on the site from the greyhound - I emailed twice to ask but got no reply. Overall closer to a hotel than a hostel, and pretty decent.