AWA Seattle Hostel Reviews

4000 University Way Northeast, Seattle, USA

I m on a gluten free diet, so i found breakfast limited. There is a computer with internet and a printer available. The hostel is very near a common bus stop and easy to access other parts of the city. Heads up, the hostel goes by 2 names!

• 1st Apr 2014

The Wifi did Not work at all, which is a bit disappointing for the price of more than 60 bucks a night. But the staff was very friendly and the breakfast was impressive.

The place is named College Inn. Don't watch out for AWA Hostel.

• 21st Oct 2013

Great location - in the University of Washington district. Close to bus service and really enjoyed my stay. The best breakfast items, fresh strawberries, queen size bed, and a white terry robe in the room. A real "5 star" hostel.

WA was not exactly new & shiny anywhere, but since it was clean and well kept, it worked. Everything in my room was clean and nice, except that the wall & ceiling had strange brown spots on them. (Yuck.) One of the towel racks came down but was not fixed even though a cleaning staff had seen it. Locks didn't seem very safe though, but I usually trust the staff so I was alright with that. Specially nice feature was the robe offered for guests in the room! Still worth the money.

After traveling for a few months in & out of hostels, it was nice to have a room to myself. When I first arrived, I felt like the University District is a far way from downtown. But I ended up liking the area & the bus is less than 20 minutes and is cheap as chips. The hostel is great, clean and I met all the staff and they're great ppl, especially Anthony who sings and makes the place cheerful. The place needs an elevator though, it's a bit of struggle trying to drag your luggage up the stairs!

Loved the location and the staff, plus breakfast are really a plus. However depending on the room location, it can be really unberable to stay in the room as some are located with a window just above the exaustion system of the restaurant downstairs - so would be really recommended to transform that room or to include a good air freshner plugged there. Overall staff are really helpful and friendly, and you might get a room with view to the Space Needle :)

• 1st May 2013
  • Hungary

Fantastic place to stay, everything we needed/wanted for our stay in Seattle. We were on a budget so for that reason we highly recommend. Some people were complaining about shared bathroom, simple breakfast etc. We had no issues with that, mainly because the website for the hostel told us of these things before we booked. The breakfast consisted of bagels, toaste, a few cereals, some good coffee and a selection of teas and a selection of juices. Some places offer less for more money!!

• 1st May 2013

Lovely place, staff were wonderful. Location is convenient, and despite of being in a university neighbourhood, it was quiet at night. I really enjoyed my stay. The whole hostel has a very unique character and is definitely very different from the hostels I normally stay in.

Excellent place with an excellent staff, very cozy.

While I was there, two of the three bathrooms on the 1st floor was odorous. This might be due to the water saving toilets installed in the bathrooms. A possible fix might be to use bleach tablets for the toilet tanks. Otherwise, a pleasant short stay. Staff was helpful and attentive to their jobs.

This place is and always has been called the "College Inn" - ignore this nonsense about the name of AWA Seattle Hostel, you won't see any signage for it. Pricey, but characterful. One morning the dining room was locked and I couldn't get my complimentary breakfast (no staff member anywhere), but otherwise it was pretty good. Many stairs to climb, so I wouldn't recommend it for the poor of knee. Creaky floorboards, but that's all part of the charm - it's been a hotel since 1909!

I stayed here as an alternative to driving to Seattle at 4am and I picked it because I had seen the building when I worked in the area so my review isn't from a tourism perspective. I liked it a lot and would definitely stay there again. The guy who checked me in was very nice and the linens were not even a tad dingy. It'd be nice if the single room rate was closer to the per person price of the other rooms but I understand.

Check-in was seamless, and the room very adequate. Each day, housekeeping came by and I enjoyed returning to my room with everything nice and neat. Breakfast was good, with a selection of breads, juice, milk, and cereal. There was a problem when I wanted to check-out on the last day. At 8:15 Saturday morning, the common area and office were locked because the person who was supposed to open up had slept in, so I had to get breakfast elsewhere, leave a voicemail, and leave my keys in the room.

• 17th Sep 2012

very swanky and clean. great people and awesome location. no negatives! I stayed

• 31st Aug 2012

Under a different name then booked under with Hostel World. Actually called College Inn. Therefore it was very difficult and confusing to find. The facilities themselves were clean, but there was no A/C or TV or anything. For a small room with one queen sized bed and paid over 80 USD for it, it wasn't worth the money.

• 16th Aug 2012

The hostel overbooked! Therefore, the rating above is given to the hotel we were replaced, which is Travelidge. Originally, they wanted to move we four girls only to another hotel. But we insisted that we all be moved to another hotel together. Luckily, they found us a hotel with vacancy. We liked the hotel we were replaced, but the overbooking incidence wasted us two hours there in Seattle. Therefore, I may not book via your website anymore! Sorry for being honest with you!

• 4th Aug 2012
  • Taiwan

I per paid and put a $14 deposit down, and got the confirmation email, yet when we howed up to the hostel it wasn't booked, we were forced to spend our 2nd night in Seattle in an expensive hotel costing us $217 because the hostel I had booked was full for the night, So I lost $14 and we had to spend $217 because either your company forgot to book us or a computer glitch which we haven't revived an apology for.

• 3rd Aug 2012

Great little place right in the U-district. A classic dorm-style place with all the basics.

It was fine but the website promised 8.00 daily parking which actually meant underground at the UW. Not quite accurate. It was spartan but clean. If I go to Seattle again, I will sacrifice character for convenience, get a motel near Seattle center and monorail it into the downtown area and leave my car in the (free) parking lot.

• 26th Jul 2012