AWA Venice Apartments San Marco Reviews

Calle Dei Furlani 3271, Castello, Venice, Italy

If you're looking for a decently clean, cheap (for Venice) hostel, this is it. There are two bathrooms for about 20 or so people, and the the common area is pretty dusty from all the foot traffic (can't walk barefoot) and the rooms are cramped, but decent location. There is a kitchen so you can cook, and it is quite secure, but there are no individual lockers. The staff are helpful but fairly busy. They will go out of their way, but you must ask! Mosquitos are no joke.

We resevered a 4 female bedroom and 4 mixed bedroom for 8 people. Upon arrival, they said due to rooming issues, we would get a 6 person room and 2 person room. However it turned out to be a 6 person room and 4 person rooom, and only received a small discount. One of the showers did not work at all. The location was good for what we wanted to see in Venice.

• 19th Sep 2015

The Good: Host had great suggestions for places to see and things to do Rooms were cute and the backyard garden was a nice escape On a quiet street Very secure No lock-out times The Bad: Not as good of a location as expected You can hear every last little thing happening in any of the other rooms, and not just talking Host gave incorrect waterbus info Plastic mattress covers made the beds unbearably hot Shower door didn't close, making it impossible to keep water in NO TOWELS

• 12th Sep 2015

It's was clean, great location, and quite. Perfect for the weekend trip. The hosts are not friendly and have a lot of rules but keeps the hostel quite and clean. It's perfect for just a bed to sleep after exploring all day and night

I had a nice,though not very comfortable stay. Price is high compared to services, but I booked during movie festival..Staff nice.Room very small, especially when full (if less occupants, the staff remove unused beds and add a fan); no lokckers and only one shared furniture for clothes.Bathroom is only one for 2/3 rooms(max4 ppl xroom) then needs to make some efforts to arrange timings when it's free. No place where to hang stuff,no hairdryer(they said it's possible to have at the reception..).

The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. I have given a rating of poor for cleanliness because there was no hand soap in the bathroom, no hotwater in the kitchen and the dishwashing detergent seemed watered down - not great when people are cutting up raw meat amd seafood. The staff were super helpful and friendly.

DO NOT STAY HERE!! My friends and I got eaten alive by mosquitoes and one friend got bed bug bites! Sometimes the male staff members roamed around the floor one even opened our door not thinking anyone was in there...not sure what he was going to do! When one guy came to clean he made us leave and it didn't look like he changed the comforter blankets on any beds that were to be occupied by new people GROSS! I even got asked why there was water on the floor when they barely have a shower curtain

Good price to stay on the island considering how expensive Venice is. Some staff were not the friendliest. Paid for an all girls dorm and was put in a room with a guy. Some facilities didn't work: outlets were broken and the shower door wouldn't close causing water to go everywhere. I would consider staying there again but it wasn't the best experience.

A nice quiet location, however the rooms are very small with only 2 fans between 7-8 people.

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Overall an enjoyable stay. There were only two bathrooms on the floor of the hostel so there was often a wait even just to use a toilet. Cleanliness was lacking a bit but if you are looking for a decent priced bed in a convenient location youve found it!

They were so friendly, and very welcoming. We really appreciated a place to leave our luggage both upon arrival and after we checked out. The guys made the entire experience very pleasant, and I would definitely stay here again if I went to Venice!

The place was in a great location super close to the water busses which was nice. We stayed in the six bedroom mixed and between all of us we had to share a kitchen and a bathroom which wasn't bad at all. We were lucky enough to get a room with air so I feel like that made the stay a lot better. Only thing it made a huge lake in the bedroom but I'd rather have the lake than no air at all.

• 8th Aug 2015