AWA Venice Apartments San Marco

Very Good 181 Total Reviews

• England, All Male Group, 25-30
17th Feb 2017
6.9

Fantastic, helpful hostel owner and decent place considering how expensive venice is.

28th Jan 2017

The location, staff and price were all perfect for me on my budget backpacking trip around Europe. The small kitchen helped me avoid some of the high food costs. There wasn't much security for bags but I personally felt secure. i had a wire cord that I wrapped around the pillar and felt fine leaving my bag there. It was a little cold there in Jan but nothing too severe. The staff are incredibly awesome. I'm coming back in a week to stay here again I loved it so much. Great internet too!

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
31st Dec 2016
4.9

It was a little rough. The worst part for me was the cold; we stayed in January and there was virtually one working heater in the hostel. Additionally, it was just an apartment with beds everywhere, so there was only one bathroom for 12+ guests. The guy at the front desk seemed helpful though.

Dear Taylor, Practically all of our rooms have bathrooms and kitchens - private for the private rooms and even in the shared rooms these facilities are only shared between a few guests. Also we have heating in all the rooms and each heater has it's individual temp controls in the rooms. If you had just asked we would have showed you how to put it on (we are actually one of the only places in Venice with the option to always have heating in winter and AC in summer. We wish you happy travels and if you're ever back in Venice contact us and we'll give you a free night.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
27th Dec 2016
6.3

Very very good location. It was an easy walk to everything in Venice. Main problem was the staff. As soon as payments were made, the hospitality went right out the window... it felt more like we were business clients rather than tourists in a hostel.

26th Dec 2016

The place is amazing, the owner very helpful The only think , the place need some ads or some sign outside is really dificult to find in the night But i want to come back to the same place Thks for everithing

• Canada, Female, 18-24
4th Nov 2016
6.6

Although you get your own little room it didn't feel especially secure and it was a little gloomy in there. The location was good though. I was also there in November so that may have contributed to the quietness of it all,

16th Oct 2016
7.7

Historic part of Venice and very quiet. Room was clean and good value. My luggage was lost and owner of hotel could not have been more helpful, lending me towels, soap, toothpaste etc.

• Israel, Female, 18-24
7th Oct 2016

great place, great location, very clean, the owner is a very a nice and helpful man. i really enjoyed my stay at the hostel and the price is really fair in compare to Venice which is a very expensive city.

• Mexico, Male, 31-40
6th Oct 2016

Location is great, close to piazza San Marco, the man at reception is not too friendly or welcoming.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
5th Oct 2016
7.7

I liked this hostel. The room was very spacious, and there were comfortable common areas including a small garden and small lounge area. The staff were friendly and helpful. Upon arrival I had trouble getting inside as no one was answering the buzzer. If you stay here make sure you have a phone that is capable of calling Italian numbers because once I phoned, someone came down immediately. The bathroom shower pressure (very low) was not ideal. Overall it was a clean and affordable place to stay