AWA Venice Apartments Reviews

Calle Dei Furlani 3271, Castello, Venice, Italy

DO NOT TRUST LISTING - no linen, no air con, no ensuite bathroom. Good location with decent kitchen and good atmosphere but the staff made me feel uncomfortable and the listing was deceiving. Male staff members walk around flat whenever they want, cleaning not very thorough (and non existent in kitchen). I felt uncomfortable here as a solo female traveler.

They are very friendly and easy to talk to! helpful if you need help with anything at all! Although in the email I received from hostelworld it said you could pay with credit card, debit card, or cash. But from what I learned it was only cash possible.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Philippines

It was a decent place. The staff was helpful and recommended some great places. There was no AC in my room, like advertised, but we had two fans. Some girls in my group were suposted to be in an all girl room but we're placed in a mixed. Otherwise the place was great.

• 11th Jul 2015

Great place to stay, we spent two nights and the staff was amazing, they helped us out so much even when we would see him around Venice we asked him some directions and had a little chat and he was very helpful and friendly, these people are one of the main reasons you should come to this place, also the location is perfect, 5 min walk from the square and 5 min walk from water bus, I'd definilty come back here if I visit Venice again!

THERE IS NO AIRCONDITIONING, THEY LIED. there is one fan in each room & you will be debating with your roommates whether to open the windows & suffer the mosquitoes or close them & sweat yourself to sleep. mosquito screens: not a revolutionary concept. get some. showers are always dirty even after they clean. they don't tell you but they'll kick you out at 10:30 to clean. staff is very rude about it. dude locked the kitchen at night randomly & I couldn't get my water bottle to deal with the heat

There are no lockers and the door to the room didn't lock correctly so all of the girls just left it open constantly so they could get in. Spotty wifi and could use some serious cleaning. Very expensive for not a very nice hostel, but it's Venice so that explains the price

The rooms were unbearably hot and mosquito ridden. The bathroom was filthy and overused. I would have expected 2x clean sheets and a towel to be provided.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Overall this was a really great place to stay at. I was in Venice for the Biennale and it was within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only negative was the wifi was extremely slow.

• 2nd Jul 2015

The hostel was in a great location, the staff were super friendly and really helpful, beds were super comfy, I would definitely stay here again!

We took a private apartment with our own toilet and kitchen. the location was excellent but it was a bit dull, no breakfast. but the problem we had was that there was an air conditioner and it didnt work, and my sister has heat allergy. they in the start said that its not included in the apartments and it wasnt advertised but he eventually accommodated for it but didnt seem to think it was a big deal. the staff- Amran was nice but he could have been more welcoming.

In my experience, the staff was nice. It was hard to find if you walk from the train station. I recommend taking the water bus thing to Piazza San Marco, from there it's not far. There's not a sign on the front so pay attention to the address. The room was super cute w/ a great view of a garden. I had a big bathroom and a well equipped kitchen in the room which is unique. Apparently there is a rooftop you can visit but I never did, unfortunately. Common area is odd but worked well for me.

Hostel was great for the location but overpriced for what you get. Although it was nice to have a private kitchen in the room. Beds were comfy and room was clean.

Amran was an amazing host! He is very friendly, warm and welcoming throughout our stay in Venice. He gave us a map and drew us a really good detailed route to explore venice and see all the sites, shops and take in the atmosphere. Also gave us cheaper options and more expensive options for attractions, gondola rides and restaurants. Was an amazing few days staying here in Venice, kitchen facilities and bathrooms are great and always clean. Will definitly be back and recommend this place!

1. For a good sleep, room heater should work good. :) 2. Make the place a official hostel. It will bring in more clarity and secure feeling for the backpackers (A name board outside). 3. In venice, everything comes with a bill, even a gelato from a local shop. So I would recommend to give the bill as soon as payment is made. Makes it feel more transparent. But I don't doubt the manager as he is a very truthful person.