AapHotel - Hotel & Hostel Reviews

Allee der Kosmonauten 32, Berlin, Germany

Avoid this hostel. The room was overbooked: We opent the room and there were already two men in the room. They said they already stayed there for a month. Room was smokey, sink did not work, toiletseat/windows/beds were broken. Rooms do not look like the pictures on there website. Atmosphere is scary. Staff laught in our faces about our complains. Manager was not available. Finally we got our money back for the other nights after a 4 our altercation with staff, WRI, manager and us.

• 24th Sep 2015

Bad location, unfortunately convenient for me. Sometimes there was no water, so the toilets smell. Also they don't want to fix the lift, so they make you use the neighboring's hostel, which is full of young people with bad looks and worse manners. The only good point is that I was alone in the room, but I must say sometimes I was scared of the night noises.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Spain

No TV in rooms Didn't clean my room or change my sheets after the first night Lots of construction work going on inside No one spoke English and the staff were not particularly helpful In the middle of nowhere. Avoid.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Botswana

Wifi did not work. In the middle of nowhere, is near a train station but takes about 30 minutes to town center. Stay here if you just need a cheap place to stay in Berlin and are not interested in going out late

the bedroom was OK, but the fact that breakfast is not served and no computer available was surprising when compared to any other European hostel the kitchen was unbelievable, if you do not serve food I would expect a facility where you can prepare it but it was so ubelievably filthy that I did not dare so So big disappointment

Really unpleasant hostel. Some of the staff spoke no English at all, there were no safety lockers, shower drains didn't work, common area looked like a dying bar from the 80's soviet union and the atmosphere was really dead.

Feels IIke a crack den. Security was poor, located in a shady area, rooms/bathroom were disgusting and lacked basic things IIke soap. Only book if your only ther option is sleeping in the streets

Don't stay here

Was not an enjoyable experience. Although cheap, there is no free wifi, no free breakfast, limited powerpoints in rooms, no lighting in hallways and stairways and no atmosphere at all. This hostel has a lot of potential, but it was still being renovated when I stayed. My bed didn't have a ladder for the top bunk, no food or water to buy, location was terrible (30 mins from city), bar was never open, it was still being painted, and bathrooms had mould growing in them. Once finished, could be nice

This hostel was horrible. For $20 a night we did not expect a five star hotel but this was terrible. First off this property is not "new" it is still being built. The wifi offered here for free originally had to be paid for until we argued. Then it was altogether broken. The location is more like 30 min away from anything by train. Super scary back yard area. Room was extremely dirty. We killed two cockroaches. Elevator was broken. Kitchen was nonexistent. Reception was not helpful.

Bad Location. Horrible wifi, it was broken the first day i was there, staff offered no meaningful explanation- they also charge for wifi. Most of the building was under construction, elevator is broken. Other broken, and hazardous facilities. Many construction workers everywhere, which gave the impression of being an unsafe place. Only two friendly staff members, both women, other men were curt and sometimes rude. Broken window in my room, was unable to close in the night.