AapHotel - Hotel & Hostel Reviews

Allee der Kosmonauten 32, Berlin, Germany

There are some disparities of information about AapHostel (I mean: cuz check in in reality is at 4 p.m. and check out at 11 a.m. At hostelworld there're information that check in and check out are at 12 (a.m./p.m.)

This is the worst place I've ever visitet. Dirty an filled with alcoholics

Looks like shiza on the outside. Looks like shiza on the inside. No one interacts with one another. Not a real hostel experience. Just a place to sleep.

This place is an absolute sh*thole - don't ever stay there... The bathrooms and toilets are absolutely disgusting (we're talking sh*t on the toilet seats, cigarette butts everywhere, the showers are equally gross), the staff are unhelpful - I asked them about the wifi which does not work (nobody I spoke to staying there could connect) and they brushed me off quickly with "it works on my phone". The room was ok, but only had one window which opened about 20% of the way and as a result was stuffy.

• 31st Jul 2014

After reading opinions about this hostel, I was positively surprised by the conditions. We took the cheapest bed and for that price we got everything we needed. I guess a lot depends on people you share the room with.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Poland

They cancelled my reservation themsenves and didn't return my deposit. I wrote an email to ask for it and they didn't reply. the only reply i got afterwars was with an email to tell us that reservations were possible again. bad bad bad hoping to hear a backup from hostelworld thank you Carlos

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

We didn't even stay here. They had overbooked and so we were left on the streets with no where to go. I still got charged the booking fee and wondering how I get this back!?!

• 8th Jul 2014

Our stay at this hostel was very disappointing, the staff seemed incapable of running the booking and managing people's check-in's and check-outs. We spent 2.5hrs waiting at reception to reserve a second night after we had been told that morning (after being kicked out of our room for the day from 8am-4pm) that we could come back in the evening a book a second night. Others had been waiting longer and walked out. Very poor experience.

Do NOT choose this hotel/hostel. Utterly and totally worthless, and yet I've been traveling all around the world and seen some bad hostels. Very bad service from the staff, the wifi doesn't work, the key cards doesn't work, the bathrooms haven't been cleaned in ages (pool in the bathroom every time you try to use the shower), and the elevator breaks down every now and then. And during my stay the hotel had to close from 8 am to 4 pm due to maintenance work and all guest had to leave! Bad!

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Our room was not clean, the bathroom was a big lake when somebody took a shower. In general I did not like the stay there, the only good thing was a very good price.

The hostel is very dirty and lots of criminal faces stay there

The hostel was overbooked even though we had a reservation and already paid it. There were 30 other ones without a room too. We had to wait there 2 hours when they finally succeed to manage a room for us. The staff spoke english poorly and no one apologize for the mess. I wont recommend this to anyone.

I booked a bed by the HOSTELWORLD website and I paid 8,83EUR for the reservation When I arrived on the hostel I paid the rest in the check in, 43,13EUR. But now, in my account, has a discount AGAIN of 43,13EUR!!! That means that I paid TWICE. I asked for the refund, but after one month, 3 calls and 3 emails, NO ONE REPLIED ME UNTIL NOW!!!! I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY MONEY BACK!!!! And this case happens to another persons and the staff of the hostel DON'T DO ANYTHING TO SOLVE THIS!!!

• 9th May 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE. We booked a room for 3 a few weeks in advance. I noticed the money came out of my account before we even left for Berlin, which isn't usually how hostelworld reservations work. We arrived around 1 am, ( i emailed to make sure we could check in late, response was yes 24 hour reception) The man behind the desk said there was no room available for us. We argued for over an hour, demanding our money back, threatened to call police, and began taking video, finally gave money back.

This was the worst hotel we stayed in. The bathrooms were very dirty and room heater did not work. When we arrived in AapHotel Berlin we have paid the rest by cash, as in all other reservations made by Hostelworld. As we left, the Berlin AapHotel charged again on my credit card. I had a big injury and I was also very poorly hosted.

• 18th Apr 2014

Terrible experience. Upon our arrival to the hostel, there were many people waiting to be accommodate, the whole place was a mess and very unorganized. After asking about our booked room, the owner dust replied "it will be ready in an hour, and thats how it is." None of the staff spoke English or even tried to be helpful. All in all they were really rude. After two more hours we were told that the room we booked, does not exist and we were told off in a very uncivilized manner.

• 18th Apr 2014