Aaran House Tourist Hostel Reviews

4 Woburn Place, Opposite Train station, Lower Glanmire Road, Cork, Ireland

No lockers and luggage "storage" is just a place behind a chair in the common room. Anyone could get into your things. The host was very nice and knowledgable though, which made up for it. Limited plugs in the room too. It is very far from anything but the train station, but good id you have an early train to catch.

Great place to wear in a new pair of doc martens! All the best Tracy.

1.5 min walk to IrishRail trains, 10 min walk to bus station, another 5 to city center, great price, Tracey was sweet and helpful, checked out at 10:30 but was welcome to stay all day - hard to find places like that! WiFi, great beds, cleans sheets - book it now!

• 11th Apr 2014

The owner was lovely, so welcoming and helpful. The location was brilliant, the hostel was clean and well looked after. I really enjoyed my stay here!

It was the first time I stayed in an Hostel for more than 1 night, and at the beguinning I was very sceptical about this one, because of its outside and the fact it was a small hostel. But It appeared to be a very nice place. The owner was a really sweet woman, really helpful.The atmosphere of the hostel was enjoyable, like a casual colocation, and the bedding better than I expected. However, there was a lack of pressure in the shower and it was a bit hard to get hot water. But it was worth it.

• 7th Apr 2014

Fantastic hostel! Located walking distance from the city center, it was ideal for walking back and forth in the days we visited. Tracy, the hostel owner, was the most engaging and friendly character, and offered us advice on all the sights to visit. The atmosphere was relaxed, and the layout of the hostel allowed for alone time as well as time to mingle with the other guests. The kitchen and bathrooms were spotless and great to use, and the rooms were quiet and secure. Would recommend to anyone!

• 4th Apr 2014

Only stayed one night but really liked this wee hostel. It almost feels like a B&B and having a 4 dorm room with an en-suite definitely rivals a lot of other hostels I've stayed in. Excellent location across from the train station, super close to town and the owner was very friendly and helpful. This would definitely be one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Only downside was there was no-one around to give the key to when I had to check out early, and no guidance about where to leave it.

Lovely stay at this hostel! Right across from the train station and a quick walk from the city center! Great place to stay, wishing Tracy the best in all her future endeavors!

I'm totally happy and satisfied! It's simple but CLEAN and definitly worth its money! The hostel was close to the city centre and right next to the train station. !!! It was quiet at night (yippeah) !!! Tracy, the owner, is a very sweet and lovely person and it's so nice to talk to her.

Just for the lady who is in charge, you should go there if you are in Cork. She is amazing and it will definitely make your stay better. The hostel is easy to find and not too far from the city center. The kitchen is nice, even if there's no oven (can be problematic if you didn't notice at first and bought a pizza). Otherwise nothing much to say, the bed are great, the place is clean and the athmosphere is amazing. Definetely recommend it!!

Far from city centre

Great place ! Nice and cozy.

Super pretty place. Didn't expect the place to be so pretty and well-kept. really spacious rooms and bathrooms. Friendly host and the place is jus 10 minutes walk from the bus station. would stay there again.

Nice place in Cork in a quiter location, but not too far from the center. Tracy was awsome as usual and gives the place a good soul and vibe:-)

I stayed for 2 nights and really enjoyed my stay. Tracy the owner makes you feel at home and is friendly and helpful. It's a short walk to the bus station and city centre. Thanks Tracy for being such a great host.

• 14th Feb 2014

I spent a day in Cork so I could visit the Blarney castle which was a short cab ride away for about 18 euros. I could have taken the bus for cheaper, but would have lost an hour. The staff was very sociable and pleasant. They encouraged me to go out on the town, and I felt bad cause I had an extremely early bus to catch. The Aaran House is right across from the train station which was super convenient.

Great hostel, clean, all basic things you need are there. Without Tracey it wouldn't be the same, she s just the soul of this hostel. Thank you for everything Tracey! I'll meet you in Thomastown=)

I spent two nights in Aaran hostel. The location is so convenient that only walk 3 minutes can arrived the train station! Tracy is a good host, she is warm and kindly! I had a good time there!

No frills, family owned guesthouse, which is a short walk from all the main the attraction. It is also near a fun, local neighborhood. The woman who owns the Hostel is very kind, gracious and hospitable. The showers were waaaay to cold for my taste, though.

Really great place, Aaran Hostel. Tracey works really hard to make sure the hostel is clean and welcoming. At first I thought it was a little too out of the way, but Cork is not a big place and it's quite easy to walk everywhere. Tracey also had great tips and advice on where to go, she pointed us in the direction of a great little bar not far from the hostel that had really lively Irish music. I highly reccomened staying here when in Cork.