Aaran House Tourist Hostel Reviews

4 Woburn Place, Opposite Train station, Lower Glanmire Road, Cork, Ireland

I had so much fun talking to Tracy! A great hostel, good location, and a great place if you want to walk Cork or be close to the train.

Nice staff and good location but tiny hostel (just TWO toilets/bathroom in all the hostel) and not a party hostel at all. Bedroom ok, beds are comfy.

It's cheap, clean, lovely atmosphere in common space and staff is really nice. No worries in bathroom, i had hot water.

Nice little hostel, the manager was lovely and full of useful ideas of what to do in Cork. Just note that if you don't arrive at the check in times, you literally can't go inside to wait.

I had such a WONDERFUL stay at this hostel. Traci really goes out of her way to make you feel at home and she even helped me plan a couple of day trips. I felt very much at home in this hostel. She even helped me round up a group of people to go experience an Irish pub one night!

Good staff, really close to train station

• 7th May 2014
  • Taiwan

No hot shower!!!

• 2nd May 2014
  • Taiwan

Tracey was extremely welcoming when I arrived and showed me around. I did have to wait a bit to be able to check in, but I was aware of it as it's clearly labeled on the website. Staff were able to help me out with any questions I had. The place felt more like a home than a hostel and it's what I liked about it. A short walk into town (approx 15 mins). They were fixing the showers when I was there, but it barely took any time Tracey was apologetic about the extremely MINOR inconvenience. Thanks!

Was a nice stay, owner tracey was very nice and had good tips for us. I would recommend the house right away.

Tracy was always helpful, thank you very much. The other guest were so much fun to talk to especially during dinner in the evening. Nice atmosphere

• 26th Apr 2014

Very nice hostess. The atmosphere was good. Everything was very clean. Good value for money! We have absolutely no complains!

Tracy was so awesome!!

• 23rd Apr 2014

Great place to stay and Tracy is a gem! Looked after us the whole time and seems to take on guests as if they're family. Kitchen is a little small and the shower heads don't produce a lot of water but they are very small problems in a truly great hostel. Would stay there every time I go to Cork.

Tracy was amazing w/helping us find tours

Right across the trainstation, so that's nice! Good room, didn't really like the shower, but the rest is just fine!

• 19th Apr 2014

Great time

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Venezuela

The main room is confortable and the kitchen secure. Just one negative thing : there is no scale to help to go on the upper beds.

No lockers and luggage "storage" is just a place behind a chair in the common room. Anyone could get into your things. The host was very nice and knowledgable though, which made up for it. Limited plugs in the room too. It is very far from anything but the train station, but good id you have an early train to catch.

I had a great time staying at Aaron House. The location was just opposite the train station but a bit of a walk to the city centre, only about 10-15 minuets though so it was not bad. Tracey was super nice and had lots of advice on things to do in Cork. I would definitely stay here again!

• 15th Apr 2014

Great place to wear in a new pair of doc martens! All the best Tracy.