Abacus Apartments Reviews

36, Rabat Road, Marsalforn, Gozo, Malta

I visit this place regularly and was always made to feel welcome by the owner, Grace, who has become like an aunt to me. On my last visit, I had the bad luck to have my car breaking down as soon as I got out of the ferry and the owners even checked on me and offered to pick me up and help me find a place to repair car. Place to go if you are after a cosy familiar stay.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Malta

We have booked a double room with ensuite, but on arrival the owner told us the whole building is undergoing a major refurbishment, so we are going to stay in a place next door. This turned out to be a massive 5-person flat in a completely empty block. However well equipped, the flat was exteremely cold and not suitable to use in winter months. The heaters we had were faulty and the average temperature inside was around 10 degrees. Still, the owner claimed that everything is working OK.

Very nice apartment in great location, very clean and spacious. Landlord was very helpful and when we decided to stay longer, we even got discount . For me it was 10/10.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Abacus Apartments represented a good last- minute option for a quick trip to Gozo. They are located well in relation to the Marsalforn beach and just beside the bus, which was a plus. Not much atmosphere to speak of as this is your own flat, but good if you go with a small group and can cook, etc.

Grace. Who owns and looks after the apartments is lovely and warm. Couldn't do enough for us and made our stay really relaxed and welcoming. We would definitely go there again. Thank you Grace. Graham

• 22nd Apr 2014

Lovely lady, Grace, took our booking at very short notice (over the phone) as trying to book other hostels (which were offering breakfast and were in a more 'appropriate' place) through Hostel World didn't happen due to the website not operating properly. Our stay at the apartment was lovely however, and we'd highly recommend it and stay again. The few issues we had, Grace sorted for us, even at 8am on a Saturday!

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Scotland

We liked our apartment very much, would recommend. Very clean and new.

Excellent quality considering the price! A completely equipped apartment for 2-4 people at 30 m from the sea for less than 30€/night is a great deal! They are currently renovating the building.

Very good place to explore Gozo. Newly furnished and spacious, extremely clean, equipped kitchen, nice bathroom....close to the bus stop, Definitely a place to stay!

Would recommned. Nice apartment, owner lives across the street and wery forthcoming. Even offered her own wifi acces point in case of problems. Wifi worked like a charm from the neighboring hotel. Big kitchen and bedroom (two of them), fridge and cooker is new and working fine, dishes and cutlery included. Everything ready for you to start enjoying yourself. Main town Victoria 5 minutes away with car.

Was just a little private apartment right on the beach. Is a little difficult to get to from Matla itself, but right in the middle of Marsalforn once you get there. Fantastic little place, but best to go in a group as there is are nearly no young people in Marsalforn to hang out with.

The accommodation in Abacus hostel was really excellent. Landlady was very nice, helped us with everything and gave us some advices.Everything was clean and the apartment was really commodious.It was really close to beach and also to centre of Marsalforn.I recommend everybody this accommodation.