Abaquar Hostel Reviews

rua do areal ilha de Boipeba Bahia, Ilha de Boipeba, Brazil

Truly amazing hostel: amazing breakfasts, lovely staff and atmosphere, incredible location, all round super chilled. Cannot recommend this place enough.

• 29th Jun 2014

We arrived, two friends from Israel, in Abaquar hostel prior to our world cup trip in Salvador and Fortaleza. We looked for a place to relax and chill and found it in the beautiful Boipeba island and in the tranquile Hostel Abaquar. The hostel is located beautifully between trees and by a little stream, close to the village square. The owners were extremely nice and hospitable, helpful with any request or advice. The rooms are clean and spacious and the breakfast is simply amazing. Go there!

Peter and Fernanda are the best! they made me want to open a hostel for myself. They take care of you and provide with anything you need and they are always smiling. The place is beautiful, totally recomandable

Really friendly and helpful staff. Awesome breakfast :) Nice, quiet and relaxed location. Enjoy freedom.. :p

• 25th Feb 2014

I'm not exagerating if I say everything was excellent. I'd love to stay more days in Abaquar. The hostel is beautiful, Fernanda and Peter are adorable, and Vicky and Natureza too, but I fell in love with Petisco :). The rooms are spacious the same as bathroom. It's clean. And the garden is awesome. I LOVE IT!

Very nice hostel: Clean, great breakfast, friendly and helpfull staff, beatiful garden area, only few meters to the "center" Boipeba and the beaches.

Beautiful Hostel surrounded by an amazing garden, awesome breakfast and very helpful staff.

Wonderful welcoming hosts, beautiful island- absolutely AMAZING breakfasts!! They gave us plenty of recommendations for the island and even let us borrow snorkel gear!

• 3rd Feb 2013

Was a great choice to spend a week off. Was definitely the resting place I was looking for whilst the whole world seemed to prefer a loudly carnival holidays. Really felt like home, the owners Peter and Fernanda, and their lovely dog Nat, welcomed the guests as if they were old friends. Besides, they were very helpful for local recommendations and always available for a cheerful chat. Breakfast most recommended!So yummy!

Just see it and experience it for yourself !!! I would go back every year if I could !!!

Fernanda and Peter are lovely. The breakfasts are amazing (each day different and generous). The rooms are simple but clean and spacious. Finally, you can take a rest in the sweet tropical garden. We loved it

The couple who own this hostel are amazingly hospitable and the breakfasts are fantastic! A few extra fans and fly screen on the bedroom windows would make this place impossible to leave.

We had a WONDERFUL time in Boipeba thanks to the amazing couple who own abaquar. They are super friendly and helpful and run a beautiful new hostel surrounded by palm trees and hibiscus flowers. Breakfast was absolutely outstanding - probably the best in s. america. Though the guest kitchen is still being planned (the hostel only opened last year), the owners were extremely accommodating when we wanted to make our own food and even threw a BBQ one evening with a campfire. Highly recommended as a relaxin

Amazing breakfast, the same goes for the owners, but watch out for those mosquitoes.

Thanks for staying with us,it was a great time!

View all Ilha de Boipeba Hostels