Abbey Court Reviews

29 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Cool and quirky.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Good hostel in prime location. Great breakfast, loved the sausage rolls. Nice staff at breakfast. Minor problem with key cards to room.

Abbey Court was really nice and perfectly close to the Temple Bar area. I think it was a little difficult to meet people outside my room, but it was nice.

Great staff. Fun relaxed atmosphere. Would definitely stay again.

Absolutely the best hostel in Ireland! Always a brilliant experience to stay there!! Will be back soon!!

• 29th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

Amazing place all around. Only things is the smoking room which I guess is technically outside like a Court yard but it its right beside the kitchen/dining area and the doors are propt open and all the smoke travels right in. It's no different than smoking inside with a few windows open. Also I think even though you change the sheets and pillow cases you need to wash the pillows and maybe dust out the mattresses.

• 28th Jun 2015

This hostel has good facilities but poor staff. Pretty rude and unhelpful. But a good location and facilities.

The rooms and toilets/showers were reasonably clean, but the common areas/stairs could do with a good dusting and clean. Unfortunately most rooms don't have their own shower/toilet, could do with 1 more toilet and shower per floor. I think each bunk should have a plug. Not that expensive to run a plug to each bunk. Over all it was an ok to good experience

• 27th Jun 2015

The end of breakfast is so early (9:30am), the best should be 10:30am with the checkout at 11am.

• 27th Jun 2015

Hi there. Thanks for the review. Breakfast starts at 730am so there is opportunity to eat for two hours. We do check out at 1030am so the cleaners have enough time to get the rooms ready for check in at 230pm. We hope you enjyed the other aspects of your stay :) Kind Regards, Yvonne

Great location, great wifi, and pretty good breakfast in comparison to some other free breakfasts that I've had at other hostels! The staff were great, and made everything super easy. I have no complaints about the hostel!

Great location, friendly staff

• Northern Ireland

Cheers :) Come and visit again soon!

The breakfast was not what I expected, but I guess what could I have expected- they have to cook for so many people. I was hoping for more hot food, but the toast was nice. I also wish that towels/security locks were included instead of an additional price, although I have not found anything to have gone missing yet.

• 26th Jun 2015

Hi there. The breakfast is free of charge so we hope our choice of cereals, fresh fruit, sausage rolls, brown and white toast, tea and coffee is sufficient for guests. We're glad you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay. Many thanks :) Yvonne

Overall I had a good stay and I would recommend Abbey Court. I came back very late at night the door was supposed to be locked and it was not, but the scan to get into the hall was still connected. The lounging facilities were not as great as expected. I loved the central location and the facilities were sufficiently clean.

• 26th Jun 2015

Hi there - I will look into why the door may have been left open at the front. But our night porters are at the desk all night watching who is going in and out as extra security to the magnetic door accessed by keycard. Thanks for the review :) Many thanks, Yvonne

just one word to say: BRILLIANT!!

• 26th Jun 2015

Thank you so so much! We're delighted to hear it!

Good and nice hostel in PERFECT location. Only bad thing was, that there were to much people for to less Toilets...

Stayed at Abbey Court for a couple of nights and really enjoyed ourselves. The staff at reception were quite friendly and helpful. The room and shower were both decent (shower head leaked and the pressure was a bit ordinary however). My only gripe was with the way you had to access the second building our room was in which requires you to go to reception each time and ask to be buzzed in - not sure if intended or broken but quite annoying. Overall though a very pleasant stay!

Great stay! Although originally fully booked, they were able to accommodate me and I stayed two extra days. Great, safe location... I went out and got home pretty late but never felt uncomfortable. There is an interesting mix of travelers who stay here, but overall very positive!

Staff were very friendly

• 24th Jun 2015

It is a very good hostel for this price. Great location and nice conditions. I would definitely recommend it and choose it again :)

• Poland

Bedrooms without noise. A lot of activities are proposed: games, ... The staff helps us a lot. I have been at the Cliff's tour and I've spend a very nice and interesting day. I would change the door's system because in the street, everyone can listen to the number of the room and this is a confidencial information. Oliver.

• Andorra

Hi Oliver, thanks so much for the review. We had an issue with the door which has now been fixed and this is why people had to say the room number. It's all sorted now! Thanks very much :) Yvonne

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7