Abbey Court Reviews

29 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Great location and good breakfast but the hostel has no atmosphere, it looks like a backpackers factory. It's very noisy as people stays talking very loud in the smoking area ( in front of the rooms) until 5am and the wifi barely ever works.

The location is what makes this place! Right in the middle of everything! Staff is super chill and helpful. Stayed in 24 bed dorm. Beds were pretty good even for being 6'5. Def worth a stay!

This is the second time I have stayed at Abbey Court, and I love the quirky, labyrinthine set-up it has. The staff are always fantastic, friendly and helpful. I find the atmosphere always welcoming and there is a buzz to it that is very positive. I love the sprawling layout and the urban decor, this place always feel a little like tumbling down the rabbit hole then landing on a comfy bed at the bottom! I will most certainly be coming back to stay with you guys the next time I am in Dublin :)

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Wales

Too loud after 10pm. People were listening to loud music, or shouting at the hall. Single room is very small. Not worth the price. For 10 more quids can get double room in a hotel what I normally do.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Poland

behaviour of residents who consume too much alcohol and who become annoying may need some attention.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

when I came back to the dorm after breakfast to pick up my bag, my key wouldn't work anymore, although it was only 9.00 and check out time was 10.00. Luckily a few roommates were still in the room so they could let me in. When I mentioned this at reception, I barely got a reaction. She only said thats because of the check out time. I said that this happened at 9.00 at which she only shrugged her shoulders and walked away.Very annoying.

You can tell this hostel has been here awhile and has a lot of stories to tell. For this reason it is a little dirty/run down, but the location and price make up for it. And the facilities are still in good condition. They have a big kitchen to cool and a hammock room. Stayed in the 20 person female room and felt perfectly safe

• 4th Apr 2014

the staff were helpful and friendly, and its enjoyable to meet people from all over the world who are also so polite and friendly. As a base in the centre of Dublin the hostel is first class. I've been before and i shall use it again.

• 31st Mar 2014

WIFI not so great there. thankfully i had data on my phone so it was not an issue. The hostel is situated in the middle of the city so its easy to travel anywhere as public transportation is just a walk away. The hostel is a pretty nice place to chill.

Good hostel, but it's massive so there are a ton of people, which can be a little overwhelming.

Really welcoming staff who gives us useful advice! The hostel is well located. Good facilities, with places to sit down and talk with friends during the night and a large room to eat breakfast at the morning.

• 23rd Mar 2014

Overall I enjoyed my stay at Abbey Court. The staff were friendly and helpful, the free breakfast was good (cereal, toast, fruits, pastry, beverages), and there were a lot of rooms to relax in after a long day of sight seeing. The only disappointment was that the hammock room only had two hammocks; this was a minor let down. I would recommend this hostel to friends.

• 21st Mar 2014

Definitely one of the nicer hostels I have had the pleasure of staying in. The room was awesome and we had an unbelievable view overlooking the river and O'Connell Bridge outside. On such a busy weekend (Paddy's Festival), the hostel staff was well prepared and it did not seem overcrowded. Breakfast was good and I was pleasantly surprised to have fresh oranges/kiwis as an option too! Plenty of showers for the morning, and really just an all around great stay. Location is unbeatable for sure!!

NIce staff in the reception, a lot of showers, a lot of place to rest ...

Abbey Court was a great stay, though the Wifi access as advertised ("free and from your bed!") was not the case; I was only able to access a little service in the stairwell. I did not stay in the main building but in a mixed 4 dorm room next door, which may have been why I wasn't able to access it any better. Breakfast every morning was good and simple. Hostel was quite warm at night sleeping by the radiator. Rooms were clean and tidy. Staff were EXTREMELY helpful, accommodating, and pleasant.

• 12th Mar 2014

Hey there and thanks for taking the time to review us. We have just changed broadband provider and unfortunately are having some teething problems with our wifi. We are doing our best to get it back up working to its normal speed and efficiency as we realise it is a huge nuisance when it doesn't work. Thanks again for the review, The Management

Loved this hostel! The staff was amazing (shout out to Lucas!), the location was perfect, and the breakfast had fresh fruit (which seems small, but it was nice). Don't really have any complaints, I would stay here again.

Many thanks!

Wi-Fi in the room, clean, helpful staff, perfect location. However, the shower was really bad, I almost got a cold!

Great location and fantastic staff. Breakfast was excellent. The showers were intermittently cold/hot, and there was mold on the walls of the room.

Hi there - thank you for bringing the issue of mould to our attention. We are getting to this problem as soon as possible.

We were staying in room number 1. Some sheets haven't been changed and were dirty. The bathroom is full of mould and the water most of the very cold.

Hey there - thanks for the review. Sheets our changed for every new customer - had they not been changed for you we would have gladly changed them. Unfortunately room one is the last room in which the hot water reaches so it needs to be left on for a short time before heating up. We see to necessary repairs as soon as possible - thank you for bringing the issue of mould to our attention - it has now been addressed. Many thanks.

Not very friendly hostel,kitchen is a nightmare,too many people and just 2 fridges,water leaking due to unadequate storage,fridges literally full from the bottom to the top.Breakfast inly served from 8 to 9,30.Some of the staff is really annoying.I would not recommend it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5