8.5
Fabulous 5,929 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 5,929 Total Reviews
Abbey Court Located at 29 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1, Dublin.
Ireland
Dublin 29 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1
85% 5929
53.3473875 -6.2604904
    Rooms available

26th Aug 2016

Staff was great and helpful, and the place is pretty clean. Great atmosphere and it's located right in the city center which makes for a really noisy night, so if you are looking for a reasonably quiet place, this is not the place for you.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
25th Aug 2016

Really quirky hostel on the beat location possible to explore Dublin. Lovely friendly staff and all the facilities you could need. One of the best hostels I've stayed in!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
22nd Aug 2016
7.1

It was actually a great little place, excellent facilities, clean but rooms where a bit small but ok. The female staff could bearly stop talking to eachother long enough to help me check in and later on when I went to ask for airport directions, had to stand and wait for them to finish talking then she rolled her eyes at me as I asked and just said yeah there's a bus leaving from the next street. The man there was lovely when I checked out though !!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
6.9

Honestly, this is a good hostel. Everything you need, very safe and great location. But this has the biggest lack of a vibe of anywhere I've stayed. I've been here five times and it's down to who you end up sharing a room with as to whether you will enjoy it or not. Everything always feels rushed, it's huge so you can never really find a place and time to meet people, the staff seem miserable and rude most of the time and overall it's just cramped. I'd still recommend it though. Hope you enjoy!

• France, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
6.3

The only two advantages of this hostel: good location and almost all the facilities you need. Otherwise it felt like we were livestock kept here to make money. Way too much people for the given space. Our room was very small for 9 beds (there was a triple level bed!). Dinning room looks too small. Not many toilets on our floor + no intimacy in showers. Rooms and facilities are in a maze of corridors and stairs. It would be nice if they were better indicated...

• Australia, Male, 41+
8.0

Good location, helpful staff, good breakfast.

21st Aug 2016

Not the best, not the worst. Staff was friendly and helpful. I stayed in a room on each floor and I can verify that the wifi is bad. It works in the basement and is ok on the first floor. Don't count on accessing the web from rooms on 2nd & 3rd floors. Breakfast was a definite plus, best hostel (free!) breakfast I've had. Definitely not my favorite hostel as the atmosphere was lacking due to the size of the place, but not a bad stay nonetheless.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
21st Aug 2016

I enjoyed my stay at the abbey hostel. Nice staff. There was no noise inside the hostel. However someone in my dorm snored the entire night lol. I felt that my stuff was secure at all times and the next day as i went to explore the city, i was able to leave my luggage in a secure locked area at reception and return to collect it after. The breakfast was great and alot on offer. The ensuite bathroom was basic but did the job. Only downside was a slight damp smell.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
19th Aug 2016
4.9

Excellent location. Buyer beware there is some false advertising on their pamphlets and on hostel world. There is NO gym, personal trainer, movie theatre room, game room or computer room!!! It is still on their pampletes as they "have not updated them in some time" as per the staff when questioned on this... Breakfast is ok.. Hostel is secure and centrally located and ok stay for the price for 1-2 nights

19th Aug 2016

Even after staying for days, I feel there are treasures in the hostel that I didn't find. It was a little maze like inside, but had helpful staff, clean facilities, great location and an exciting vibe.