Abbey Court Reviews

29 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The smell of the room was almost intolerable. We were assaulted by the putrid smell of old body odor and urine. The staff were not friendly but answered our questions with accuracy. The staff charged €2 to keep our bags but could not locate them for several minutes despite labeling them (while we were trying to make a bus). The facilities were generally dirty and the toilet seat did not cover the whole toilet. The location was convenient, but the street noise was so loud we couldn't sleep.

I was very happy to find a place to say a few weeks before the actual trip. I would have like to stay in an appartment, same money, more space. The hostel is nice, I felt really old (40+) because the hostel is mainly for young people. Very friendly staff, very nice!!! breakfast! Use of computers: fantastic!! I didn''t like the very loud air system (or something) sound all day/night long. Oh, curtains would have been nice! Thanks a lot for a pleasant stay and all the best with all of you!!!!

• 27th Jul 2015

Great location, exactly where you want to be in Dublin. Good breakfast, more filling than I expected.

really wanted to view the hammock room and some of the other rooms advertised, but found they had actually rented them out as bedrooms

• 25th Jul 2015

Brilliant price, perfect location and great facilities!

• 25th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

They were very organised and friendly when we arrived at the hostel. Rooms where very clean and comfortable. Shower was amazing. Only issue we had was when we found the hammock room it was locked with no way to access it. If I went to Dublin again I would definitely stay here again.

• 24th Jul 2015

Stay here at least once a year, always have a brilliant trip! Any problems the staff have been more than happy too help out with! Basic rooms but clean!

• 24th Jul 2015

The hostel staff were lovely and friendly and happy to help. We arrived early and we're allowed to leave our bags in the luggage store for the day whilst we went out for the day which was brilliant. The beds were comfy. The showers were warm, and there were plenty of them. Although our ensuite was clean, it could do with a good deep clean. Hostel was great place to stay, would recommend to others!

• 23rd Jul 2015

Free computers with internet for everyone, do your laundry and iron your clothes!

A great all-around stay. I was particularly impressed by the staff. Very friendly and helpful. And, of course, the location is great.

I only stayed there a few hours during an over night layover but the few hours I did spend were delightful!

• 21st Jul 2015

V. good, would highly recommend

• 20th Jul 2015

The staff were very friendly and didn't mind when I asked for help. The hammock room is unlike anything I ever saw so it made them very unique. The signs are slightly challenging so I had a bit of tori me finding my room. The women's showers seem to have been backed up as there was about half a foot of water in the bottom and it made me not want to use the shower.

There are some cameras all over the hostel for security which is great, but when you need, they are not working. There is also a little bit of dust under the bed because they do not clean the room properly. Otherwise, I really liked this hostel, perfect location right in the center of everything!

Fantastic location right on the riverfront, good wifi signal everywhere, clean quiet room and lots of communal areas. Only downside, the free luggage storage area isn't locked, and warning- we weren't told what time check out was which ended up with the cleaner walking straight in while we were in bed!

• 18th Jul 2015

Nice hostel in a good locationbut very noisy, so don't expect a good night sleep. Bed was also a bit lumpy.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

Great location, free breakfast, hammock room. Our double room was tiny, it barely fit the bed in it let alone people and the bathroom was also minute. But it was cheap and cheerful and clean and central and it enabled us to see Dublin so whooo yeah. The karaoke bar next door is AMAZING and they give you free cocktails when you sing :D dangerous!

• 17th Jul 2015

Abbey Court is great, location is perfect, right in the middle of everything! Temple bar is right across the bridge, Grafton street not too far off. They give you a free map of the city to help get around and mark them with some great places to check out.You always see someone cleaning which is nice to see, the place is the cleanest hostel ive been to so far. The atmosphere is awesome! Definitely recommend Abbey Court.

Abbey Court, this place is amazing! The location is literally as good as it gets, right beside the river liffey overlooking O'Connell Bridge. Across the street is a local owned outdoor coffee bar, beside the hostel is a local owned pizza joint for a quick bite, across the street a very inexpensive grocery store. Abbey court is literally within walking distance to everything, including all of the key sites. The staff is extremely helpful, and everything is so clean. Xcellent bang for your buck.

• 13th Jul 2015

Had a great stay at the Abbey Court. Room was clean, bathroom was clean everyone was polite. 10/10 best Dublin hostel.

What a lovely review. We're delighted you were so happy with your stay. Hope you can come back again some time :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7