Abbey Court Reviews

29 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

I always stay here when I'm in Dublin, wich is 2-3 times a year. This hostel is in the middle of the citycentre, the location is the best ever. The prices are good, the beds are comfortable and the rooms are fresh and clean. Locker underneath each bed, wich is good. The big problem for me is the kitchen. The area with tables are big but the kitchen is very small. It's often quite crazy with a lot of people cooking and the fridges are always full.

Great hostel, very friendly reception desk. Breakfast included a fruit option which was nice. Was really great staying there, the only problem we had was not enough Guinness in the vending machine ;)

Disappointing stay due to the management of a lack of water. We were unable to shower from checking in at 2pm until 7pm the following day. Bathroom was locked so unable to change in there. Full price was charged and no compensation given. With prior notice of the council work, this is appalling. Only half the kitchen jobs work and it's hard to get around but plenty of seats to eat at. people were in the smoking area until 2am. Other guests in room were respectful and quiet though.

Hi there, We apologise for the lack of water due to the council. We were only informed a few days before and we handled the situation as best as possible. It was unfortunately beyond our control. Kind Regards, Yvonne

The location was fantastic. The staff were extremely helpful. The lockers were under beds but no one in 20 bed room were able to lock them due to the size needed which was unnerving. Although I never heard of any issues because of that. The place is a maze. Great artistry inside. Lots of places to hang out. Kitchen was not the greatest but it's a budget hostel

Thanks for the email! We encourage people to bring their own locks or else we sell them at reception :) Thanks, Yvonne

Great wifi, and I appreciated the fruit at breakfast.

Hi there - thanks for the review! Come back again soon :) Yvonne

A bit better than average hostel. The bed was ready and there nobody else sleeping in your bed. You got your own key. Breakfast good, but very hard to get around as the place was very small. Bathroom and shower far from the dorm. Regards to noise was very good until 3 am, when 2 people arrived at that time and where noisy. The room was too hot to sleep, even window was open and that didn't help.

Thanks for the review! Yvonne

Loved the vibe from the place, Can't wait to go back in a few weeks! Love that is close to everything and awesome atmosphere and amazing murals on the buildings and walls! If you get a chance relax in the Hammock Room 😄

Hey - thank you so much for the lovely review! See you again soon! Yvonne

This place is a huge maze…. Clean and quiet for how big it is. 20 bed dorm, is a LOT of people, but the room and the facility was perfect. Showers and hot water could use some help but all in all totally recommended.

The artwork all around the hostel really makes it so much more exciting and relaxing than just plain grey walls. We were in a 20 bed and had no problems. Only thing I would say is bring a big big lock to lock your things away because mine didn't fit and it was a normal sized padlock

• 8th Apr 2015

Thank you so much for the review! :) Yvonne

Great hostel, staff were lovely and the location is unbeatable. 10/10 all day!

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Ah thank you so much. Please come back again soon! :) Yvonne

In my opinion, the common / kitchen area is way too small to cater for so many guests; plus it's downstairs with hardly any daylight or ventilation, which causes kitchen odours to spread all over the place. During breakfast, the area was packed with people so that I felt totally crammed. Our room window was facing the roof of an adjacent building (pub?) which meant that we couldn't open the window from noon to midnight due to chips fat smell.

Hostel is conveniently located nearby many of the tourist locations of Dublin, as well as right by the bus stop to bring you to and from the airport, as well as around the city. I found most of the staff helpful and the provided breakfast was a nice touch. Staying in a 20-person room is always a bit questionable, and although the quarters were a bit tight--people were considerate of one another and remained quiet when returning late at night (at least in my room).

It was my second time in this hostel and I cannot say but good things about it. I stayed in a room with ensuite very comfortable and clean. It was a very nice experience! I recommend this hostel to everyone staying in Dublin!

Loved my stay here, staff were super friendly and helpful. Kitchen and dining area were great to relax in and the hammock room... So awesome! Would recommend this hostel to anyone wanting to stay in central Dublin.

Thanks so much for the review. Please come and visit us again sometime! Yvonne

Love this Place! perfect location, great breakfast, internet in your room!, comfy beds!, the friendliest staff, very social place! When i come back to Dublin i will def stay here again!

• 1st Apr 2015

The showers were disgusting, and the toilets barely flushed. Would not recommend

Great location! There are very few showers and bathrooms on each floor. The lockers placed under the beds was quite annoying with squeaky noises constantly going off early morning or late at night.

• 31st Mar 2015

The atmosphere was super friendly and cool. It's a hostel and the cleanliness matched it. Lockers were promised but not all of then in the female 10bed worked with my lock. The location is unmatched by far. Excellent location in Dublin. You can walk to the tour office to catch a tour, down to Trinity college. I'd stay here again.

• 30th Mar 2015

Fantastic place to spend a week in.

Great location - you can access any interesting point of the city just by foot. The premises are very well and there are plenty of showers and bathrooms. Just be careful what time you use it: there are so many people running in and out that you can't have top cleanliness every time... My bad points: it was really noisy and the window in the dorm could not be closed properly so we had a lot of (chilly) wind coming in and noises from the smoking garden...

Hi there, Many thanks for reviewing us. Apologies about the window we assure you we have had this fixed. We always encourage guests to let us know when there are any issues in the room. Many thanks, Yvonne

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7