Abbey Court Reviews

29 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

It was a pretty good hostel to stay at, but in the morning I was to check out, for some inexplicable reason, the water in my room was basically zero. I'm not sure if it's a regular occurrence, but the water completely stopped working.

Friendly staff, friendly people in the room I stayed in even though I was very hesitant, I have never stayed in a hostel. I very much enjoyed my stay and it was in a great location and great value for money. Hope to stay again :)

• 19th Jul 2014

We're delighted you enjoyed your stay! We'd love to have you back!

Enjoyed our stay here. However, during our three night stay, the police visited the premises twice for reasons of theft and assault - didn't affect us directly thankfully, but not a good look nevertheless. Also, shower rooms were not very clean - sometimes foul smelling. Reception staff very friendly and welcoming! Three men in particular very nice and accommodating. Cleaning staff not so friendly - one woman makes guests feel as though they are in her way. Just some constructive criticism :)

• 18th Jul 2014

Great hostel, great location, we had a private 4 bed mixed dorm with an ENSUITE. The ENSUITE was clean but smelt odd, but for the price I couldn't complain. Wifi didn't reach to our dorm, but we just used the communal areas to access. Breakfast was grand, and staff were friendly.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Hi there, Apologies about the smell. We have ensured the bathrooms have been cleaned thoroughly and 25a is soon due for renovation. Many thanks, Yvonne

We had a great stay! We stayed in a 6 bed mixed room, and it was clean, quiet, and comfy. The airlink/hop on hop off buss stop was just outside the front door. Breakfast was fresh, and included toast, fresh fruits, toast, and cereals. We would definitely stay again.....thank you staff for your kind hospitality.

• 17th Jul 2014

Thank you! :)

rooms are pretty small - one bed less would help improve the atmosphere a lot...

• 10th Jul 2014

Hi there - thank you for the suggestion and letting us know. Kind Regards, Yvonne

This hostel is in a very convenient location, but I was glad I only stayed a night. The restrooms were not all that clean and I was unimpressed in that category. However, they do have some neat common areas. The wifi is only good in those areas but like I said it was alright.

Hi there, Thank you for the response. We are constantly updating wifi to have it as strong as possible for guests. Our restrooms are cleaned on a very regular basis and checks are done on the staff and restrooms - if they are found unclean it will only be a short while away (within an hour) until they are cleaned thoroughly again as per the roster. We also encourage guests to tell us at reception so we can have the problem seen to more quickly. Many thanks, The Management

€30 deposit per person was just a little excessive, other than that it was a pleasant stay!

• 10th Jul 2014

Hi there, Good to hear you were happy. All groups of 6 or more will be informed before their arrival that there is a 30 Euro per person refundable noise and damages deposit. Many thanks, The Management

Staff was very helpful. The outside smoking area would make the entire common room smell like smoke, which defeats the purpose of making people smoke outside. Also, it was advertised as wifi from beds, but I could not get wifi in my room anywhere.

• 9th Jul 2014

Hi there, We are considering stopping smoking from the outside area atthe back completely and only allowing it outside the grounds of the building. Our wifi is being constantly updated and it is available from most of the rooms. If it is badly needed we encourage staff to talk to us at reception and we will change the room if there is availability. Many thanks, The Management

Have stayed here several times Never any issues!

• 7th Jul 2014

Dirty bathrooms and one of the showers had only cold water. Wifi did not work in my room. Not good value for money (about 20e/12beds).

Hi there, Our rates go up and down depending on our availability and beds are more expensive at weekends. The bathrooms are cleaned on a constant basis - cleaners are rostered every day and there are regular checks. If they are unclean customers can be ensured that they will be cleaned shortly. Wifi works best in our common areas and we are constantly updating it. We recently had a new router installed. Many thanks, Yvonne

I really enjoyed this stay. I was really impressed with the location, as well as the facilities (the hammock room is really nice for reading). The security seemed a little lacking once you get inside because the door to my 24-bed room was almost always open because it was such a big hassle to key in a 6-digit code on the tiny panel correctly every day you went in and out. I would much prefer some sort of card system. Otherwise, the breakfast was good and I would definitely visit again.

• 4th Jul 2014

Hi there, Thanks for the review. Most of our rooms have only keycard access and we are hoping to adopt this system to the very few that don't shortly. Many thanks, Yvonne

The hostel was in an excellent location! My only complaint is that our room backed up to the backdoor area and people were back there drinking and being loud until 5am in the morning. besides that it was a great place to stay in dublin!

Hi there, Thanks for the review. Our night porters are becoming stricter on the noise levels of those who enjoy a drink at night time and we are enforcing the rules with regard to this to ensure everyone can get a good night sleep. Many thanks, The Management

Perfect location. Right near the main sights and temple bar. The room we had was a little bright at night due to no curtains and some hyper-bright green light in the fire detector(??), but very clean and comfortable none the less.

Hi there, Thanks for the review - we are sorting out this pesky green light! :) Many thanks, The Management

Good location. Just in Dublin centre. My window was in the street and I didn't hear anything. The staff were nice and they help us in our questions. Good breakfast.

Was brilliant weekend our stay was great we thoroughly enjoyed it! We will be back as the staff are so accommodating and friendly I gave a bad rating for atmosphere in regard to other guests that were staying when we were I was not pleased with some of there opinions and conversations! Other than that brilliant an would recommend so much! And we will see you soon.

• 28th Jun 2014

Noisy room, however, good stay otherwise.

Hi, We have earplugs available at reception and if a guest can't sleep we do our best to move their room. Many thanks, The Management

Value for money. Would go back.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

The Abbey court is in Bachelor Walk, just beside O'Connell bridge and in front of the river. Impossible to beat the location! I was impressed by the 4 bedroom ensuite: spacious and bright (usually hostel dorms are tiny, very) and it was the first room where I found shelves for your stuffs. The room was very clean and the bathroom clean. The noise from the street was not too bad and anyway just for 1 Euro you can buy earplugs at the reception. I will definitely recommend it and stay there again

Hi - glad to hear you were so happy with your stay! Do come back to visit us again soon! :) The Management

Great location to stay in Dublin. Rooms were quite hot but manageable at night. The staff was very friendly and willing to help you with anything! People can be loud there so if you like a fun loud crowd, Abbey Court is the place. They have a nice game room in the basement for everyone to relax and chat.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7