Abbey Court Reviews

29 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Wifi in room didn't work, bed very squeaky & noisy, doors in other rooms slammed shut & echoed through the corridors. The breakfast staff where very rude & un helpful, the rooms where not clean at all.The owner & 2 of the front staff where very helpful. This place is close to most things. Funky place but not a good look with half dozen people smoking outside

• 12th Sep 2014

This is my third time staying at Abbey Court, and my first time staying in a hostel alone. Always welcoming and secure.

• 12th Sep 2014

The staff were very helpful and friendly. Knowalagable of the local facilities. It suited my needs for one overnight stay with the aircoach drop off and pick up in close proximity. Some of the other girls I roomed with were staying longer so the hostel suits longer stays too. I had a web time out issue when booking online resulting in booking the wrong date, but the staff were very helpful in rectifying the booking immediately and I was impressed with the prompt customer service received. :)

• 10th Sep 2014

Great location and excellent place to be if you are there for the typical reasons, drinking etc. The wifi that is stated to work in all the rooms definitely does not work in the rooms and often does not work in some of the common areas either. The staff was super friendly and happy to help you with whatever you needed. The rooms were pretty cramped even for dorms, but beds were decent as far as hostels go.

The bathroom in our room was not cleaned daily. We could tell because there was makeup on the sink that was present for at least two days. However, I have no other complaints. The staff is friendly and accommodating. When my locker was broken, they stored my luggage free of charge until it was fixed. The location is perfect!

• 9th Sep 2014

The place was clean and organized, a lot of facilities =) Would be ok some protein in the breakfast. eggs, ham or cheese ;) One problem was the door of the room 26 doesn't work well and it was necesary to pull it to close the door but it made a lot of noisy and wake everybody up =/

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Mexico

cheap, chearful, fun, couldn't expect better

• 29th Aug 2014

It was nice staying in hostel. If i'll ever go to Dublin again i will stay at this hostel again.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Slovenia

Just go for the hammock room Internet would drop every now and again

This place has an ideal location and a lot of rooms.

Nothing good to be said of cleanliness. One of the dirtiest hostels I've seen. No ventilation in rooms for the night. There was also heavy traffic through he female shower area. Staff was great. Breakfast was decent - no preparation required on our part. Facilities available were also excellent including computer room, cinema room, etc.

Can't beat the location, right across the river from Temple Bar. Bathroom was a little "non-functional" as the shower head was spraying out into the bathroom. But other than that, no complaints and would definitely go back!

• 23rd Aug 2014

I've already stayed in some hostels around Europe and this has been one of the worst experiences I had so far. If I consider the price I've payed (compared to other ones) I would say this was the worst experience The sheets in my room (private room) weren't changed, the towels were old, the hostel smells fried food (there is a fast food restaurant on the ground floor) and there was a green light on the roof (which could not be turned off). So after this I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here

Hi there, Thanks for the review. The sheets are changed after each guest checks out and there is NEVER any compromise on this. We are known for our cleanliness. There must have been a mistake the day you checked in. We do not have a fast food restaurant anywhere in the building - we do not know where you have come up with this? The green light is a security measure for fire reasons. Kind Regards, The Management

Luckily my bed was beside of heater in large female dorm. It is already a bit cold even though in August! Staffs constantly keep clean. I think it is better to they wear "uniform", I can't recognize who is the staff or long-term-customer :/

Public facilities need to be kept clean

Clean dorms. Prompt response from reception people.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • India

Hi there, Many thanks for the review! The Management

I really had a great time at Abbey Court, the staff is really nice and the location is perfect for all the activities on Dublin.

• 15th Aug 2014

Many thanks for the review! Come back again soon :)

A good experience overall - staff were helpful in the main, and location couldn't be better. It is a large hostel and not everyone staying is there on holiday, which possibly detracts from the atmosphere in the common area.

Hello, Thank you for the review. The longest permitted stay in the hostel is 28 days. Kind Regards, Yvonne

twas mad craic

• 10th Aug 2014

Glad you enjoyed the craic - we love the craic in the Abbey Court!! :)

We stayed in the separate apartment which meant the wifi signal wasn't great. Breakfast was good. Location was excellent.

Hello there, Thank you for the review. We unfortunately only provide wifi in the main hostel building and it is free to use for an unlimited time for all apartment guests. Many thanks, Yvonne

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7