Abbey Court Reviews

29 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

First time to stay in a hostel this was a great first time experience. Will definitely be back again this hostel has great location and brilliant value for money.

• 17th Oct 2014

Pleasant atmosphere and kind staff.

Abbey Court was amazing. Great staff! Great location! Great place! It was easy to find and even if you didn’t have an agenda going into Dublin, they would always offer you day trips, walking tours and pub crawl offers. Also, they offer free storage downstairs for customers, which was great because check out was 10:30 and we were able to store our stuff until our 20:00 bus. Would recommend to anyone!

• 11th Oct 2014

Thank you so much - we're delighted you enjoyed your stay :)

Average Hostel. Appears to be huge without a lot of opportunities for socializing. Felt more like a dorm-style (and shabby) hotel than some of the other more communal hostel I've stayed in. They advertise free breakfast but when I tried to go downstairs at 9 (30 minutes before they stop serving) the line was easily 15-20 minutes long, so I deemed that not worth it.

All I can say is bed bugs !!!!! dirty rooms, their definition of cleaning is making your bed. Black mold everywhere. The rooms being shown in pictures are lies !!!! Only certain rooms are like that not all ! Location is amazing but the stay was horrible so so so dirty if you have the money don't be cheap ! Because even though very cheap it is disgusting I was counting minutes until I can finally leave when I stayed NEVER AGAIN !

Great location with a bit of security. Nice staff with a great breakfast for the price lots of places to meet people in and outside of the hostel

Felt very uncomfortable, unclean, and unsafe.

• 9th Oct 2014

Great place in central dublin. Good facilities, clean rooms, hot water, perfect. Great free walking tours too.

Hated this hostel. Was dirty and the rooms were so sma and messy. Next time I will not be staying there.

Hi There. Thank you for the review. We are very disappointed you were so unhappy with your stay. We are not a dirty hostel at all - we have a lot of cleaners rostered through out every day and also through the night to ensure the hostel is clean. If there is an area that is unsatisfactory we encourage guests to speak to us and we have signs to this affect. Please come back again and I'm sure your next stay will be more pleasant. Kind Regards, Management

due to the staff, accommodations and the beer in the vending machine, probably the best hostel we stayed at out of the millions we booked all over Europe. They also had lots of different sitting rooms and a large common area with a decent sized kitchen. really enjoyed our stay!!

Not a great place to stay with a partner or spouse. If you're looking to drink and meet other young people then this is your place. Location excellent. Rooms really cramped and breakfast wasn't great. Mostly all males in rooms, hardly any women. Staff was helpful.

It's terrific for a hostel in a big city. As a b

• 1st Oct 2014

Great place , Nice people . Close to everything.

Hi there - thanks very much for your review! We hope you come back again sometime :) The Management

average.hostel with dorms.they're all the same.cheap and a place to stay for the night.

Thanks for the nice time!

• 30th Sep 2014

Many many people, so it's extremely easy to get in touch with other people and I only met very nice ones :-) The downside: Well, it wasn't really dirty but then it wasn't clean either - I've been to other hostels for the same money and it was just more comfortable! The major plus was the central location, you only have to step out of the door and you're right at the city centre. Staff was ok, considering this big amount of people coming and going they are really busy at times!

• 28th Sep 2014

I paid a little extra to stay in a room with only four beds. The facility was good for a hostel, however, I was in Room 13. That room is directly above the entrance and just one floor up. Unfortunately, all the guests congregate outside to smoke. All that smoke rolled right in through the window. It was too hot with the window closed, but smokey and gross with the window open

• 28th Sep 2014

Hi there - apologies you were uncomfortable in your room. We would have changed your room if possible when you stayed. We have stopped smoking out the back because it was becoming unpleasant for some guests. We would like to offer you a night of free accommodation should you return to Dublin. Please contact us to avail of this offer. Kind Regards,

I will sure stay by you again!

• 26th Sep 2014

Many thanks! We look forward to it :)

Everytime I am in Dublin I will book my place at Abbey Court because I know it will be a safe and pleasant staying.

Ah - thank you so much for the nice review! See you again soon we hope.

Abbey Court has an excellent location in Dublin. Because of its size they are able to provide linen, towels,

• 25th Sep 2014