Abbey Court Reviews

29 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

It is a very big hostel so not very personal on the whole, and the breakfast was only served for a very short window of time so it gets extremely crowded. The bunk-bed frames in my room (12 bed female) were pretty bad in which every time the person on top shifted the entire bed would move. EXCELLENT location and though i didn't make use of the facilities they had a lot of offer. Staff was lovely and helpful, always friendly even when they had a hundred things to do at once. I would stay again.

Do be honest, one of the best hostel I stay at and I have stayed in a few! really good and even the breakfast was great with fruit!! :D

• 19th May 2015
  • Sweden

I had a great time here! It was close to everything and I met so many people here. very good atmosphere and loved all the wall murals and hammock room. The staff was great, especially Reggie was very accommodating and friendly! ! The bathrooms could have been slightly cleaner, but it wasn't too bad and maybe some juice at breakfast would be nice. Overall though, I'm definitely coming back next time I visit Dublin :)

25 beddorm with nothing you could call a window, where almost evey bunkbed shakes as soon as anyone moves. 1 toilet per floor, i.e. 1 sigle seat... Stay at any pub, way better value, and real dublin atmosphere..

• 17th May 2015

Hi there, Apologies you were unhappy with your stay. Unfortunately the larger dorms may not be as comfortable as others but they are sold at an incredibly low price especially as you get free wifi, free breakfast and free luggage storeage. We ventilate them every day. Most of the rooms have ensuites and there is extra toilets on every floor include a larger room of them on the third floor. You will not get better value elsewhere. Many thanks, Yvonne

The lockers in the rooms require your own lock to keep them secure - suggest this needs to be advertised as such

• 16th May 2015

Hi there - thank you for the feedback. A lot of people travelling do have their own locks though hence no need to buy one. Many thanks, Yvonne

Fun atmosphere among a large crowd of young travelers. Great morning breakfast and helpful staff

The overall experience was great. We had a private room with ensuite and really only utilised the hostel for 1 breakfast- which was great. The shower was not good. I actually burnt my arm quite badly on the hot water pipe that is on the wall in the shower. The water temp fluctuated so extreme that it could be quite dangerous - especially for a child. Perhaps a warning in the shower could help too.

Hi there, Thank you very much for the review. We really appeciate it and are glad that you enjoyed your stay! We will investigate this hot water problem immediately. Thank you for pointing it out to us.

Hostel is located in the perfect location, quieter than my last stay over in Temple Bar area, but still only a short walk to all those bars. Staff was good, rooms had a bit of an odd setup, but worked out well. No complaints here.

The staff were very helpful in answering all my questions and giving me directions to various places.

• 13th May 2015

Thanks a million for the review! We really appreciate it and would love to see you back with us again some time. :-)

Abbey Court is the best! Greatest layout in the ensuites. Mirrors and sinks in the bathroom and in the room icluding a full length mirror. Also has underbed lockable storage drawers. This stuff sounds insignificant but it makes all the difference. Not to mention the chill hammock room and amazingly nice staff! I've stayed twice now and will stay anytime I'm back in Dublin.

• 13th May 2015

Hi there, Thanks a million for the review! We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you here again. :-)

The hostel is nice but had so many noisy people everywhere and no rules about silence in the rooms.

• 10th May 2015

Thank you for the review. We are very sorry to hear that. We have a strict no noise policy in bedrooms after 10pm. Night Staff patrol the building and listen out for any noise coming from bedrooms and anyone who is found to be making noise is told to go to the common areas and given a warning. If you had reported it to staff they would have acted on it immediately. We hope you enjoyed your stay otherwise :-)

Average hostel. Didn't have lamps beside the beds or enough power sockets in the room. Hammock room is a nice touch. Hostel is really big but doesn't have much of an atmosphere. It is difficult to meet other people as a solo traveller here - perhaps activities in the evenings would make this easier? It also very noisy - definitely a party hostel. Cleanliness is average. Push button showers are terrible - water only lasts 30s and there is no way to adjust temperature. Staff are helpful.

Well located hostel, but the girls at the reception were lazy and rude.

• 9th May 2015

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our staff on reception. We take complaints about our staff very seriously. If you would like to discuss the matter further please email me at yvonne@abbey-court.com. Thanks.

We were definatley your oldest guests during this time period. We're seniors. So hoisting our luggage up 2 flights of stairs was a little trying. A better place to store luggage for early arrivals would be good as this area was pretty grungy and not sure how secure. Room was clean, particulalry impressed with cleanliness of the washroom/shower. Bed should be replaced as springs were coming up in some areas. Imagine it get's noisy, but it was quiet while we were there.

• 9th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Abbey Court was a great place to stay. Definitely a little overwhelming since there are so many rooms and it is easy to get lost. We spent a lot of time out in Dublin so Abbey Court worked out really well, being close to the Temple Bar scene and offering a free walking tour!

• 8th May 2015

Too big and unpersonal for me, you get lost in the building and our room wasn't even in the main building but somewhere else. Prices were quite high at this time, but everywhere in Dublin. Many old people and big groups. I'd prefer another hostel next time. Room was ok though. Nice that bed was made and I think staff is trying to do a good job.

• 8th May 2015

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay even with the poor showers and long lines for breakfast.

• 7th May 2015

Everything was great. Travelled to Dublin to meet a friend coming from Canada. We did not unfortunately test out the BYOB bar or the games room. We did try out the hammock room which is a really cool idea. Very nice to relax and hang out, literally. Breakfast was good, very rare in my experience to have a hostel that will make you free specialty coffees at a complementary breakfast. Ps liked the sausage rolls

• 7th May 2015

Thanks for the review! We are so delighted you had such a great stay with us in The Abbey Court and will hopefully see you here again with us sometime in the future :-)

+ great location, close to Temple Street area + helpful and friendly staff + breakfast was alright, cereals, toast and some fresh fruit + free internet + close to bus stop to airport - kitchen area to small, limited or poor kitchen utensils. Kitchen sometimes overcrowded and no fresh air - small rooms - window of room not adjustable so in the night the window must be closed or totally opened and all the noise of the traffic coming in - game room was out of order

Double room very small, no cleanliness, bed every day in a mess, washbasin absolutely inadequate for its use (too small and taps for hot and cold watet separated), shower's waste pipe out of order

• 3rd May 2015