Abbey Court Reviews

29 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Everything was great, except the breakfast time was really early. Especially if you go out and need to be at breakfast before 10.00. And the said the breakfast is great, I had one breakfast and that was toast, jelly, cereal. So that's not a great breakfast, it's okay but not great. Staff were awesome Toilets were clean Bed sucked.. but he it's a hostel all the hostels have bad beds. Location is great!! Abbey court, great place to stay.. loved it

• 6th Feb 2016

Helpful friendly staff on check in :)

• 5th Feb 2016
  • Northern Ireland

Awesome to hear! Cheers for the review! :)

The young guy working at the front desk was great! Very helpful and very welcoming!

• 1st Feb 2016

Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. Some of the others remind me of Roald Dahl characters. The layout, building, and decor are kind of 80s funky, weirdly industrial and quirky punk-ish. (Not "cozy", but the beds are warm!) There IS a cool BYOB bar past the regular dining room, and a computer/tv room beyond that. Breakfast is "free," get it if you're up early enough, stuff like cold cuts, toast, cereal, fruit. Feel free to ask questions at the desk! And the location is handy. A fine stay.

Thanks for the review! We also have sausage rolls and freshly brewed coffee and tea! Cheers, Yvonne

Nice hostel, thank you guys!

Great to hear you enjoyed it! Cheers, Yvonne

Already more than one year regularly on the weekend seeking hotels. Some prefer not to talk. I visited them and had a lot to Abbey Court is the first where I returned. A love! A huge advantage for me is how easy it is to find a hostel. Operation is really very friendly and helpful! Everything clean, charming environment. Recommended!

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Czech Republic

Thanks kindly for taking the time to review us! We look forward to welcoming you back some time. Yvonne

Great for a short stay in the city :) check out was crazy though and I didn't like that the receptionist let someone skip the queue.

Hi there, many thanks for the review. I'm sure the receptionist didn't intend to let someone skip. Also - for check out it's possible for guests to just leave their card with us at the counter and head on their way. Delighted you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us! Many thanks, Yvonne

Water pressure and heat not so good. WiFi in 20 bed dorm instable at times. Good big lockers - bring padlock. Great location close to everything. No lift and many stairs/level to climb with luggage if you got a lot. I've been here several times before and slept in 4, 8 and now 20 bed dorm. In the big dorm there were not enough of outlets unfortunately. I recommend the hostel but not the big dorm room. Helpful and friendly staff as usual.

Thanks for your review! There are only a couple of larger dorms but loads of options for the smaller ones with 12 people or less. We also have plug extension chords at reception which are free for customers to use. We always have lots of staff on hand to help with luggage - just ask and we will oblige! :) Many thanks, Yvonne

If you sleep in the dorms it might be different. But we slept in a privet double room and the room smelled like old sweaty gym clothes. Had to have the window open constantly. Other than that everything was ok

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Norway

Hi there, thanks for the review. Apologies you found the room smelled this way! We would have gladly done something about it if we we were informed at reception during your stay (like moved your room until we dealt with the problem). We can assure you your stay will be very comfortable if you choose to return to Abbey Court. Many thanks, Yvonne

The single private room was tiny, with know windoys it was like a broom closet. The shower didn'twork properly.

• 24th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

Hi there, the single room is priced very competitively and is sized in accordance with size regulations. We would like to offer you a discount on your next booking if you return to Dublin - please email yvonne@abbey-court.com if you would like to avail of this. Many thanks, Yvonne

Very nice people and very good places to visit dublin :)

• 24th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thanks for the review! :)

The pub crawl was a scam and we paid more than expected. Toilets didn't work on multiple occasions within the two days I was there.

• 23rd Jan 2016

I really liked the hostel. The best thing is the location, it's literally in the heart of Dublin and very easy to find. The breakfast was nice, but maybe the hours could be 8-10AM. Oh, and the bed numbers could be more visible. :) Otherwise it was really chill and relax atmosphere, just as I imagined and saw from pictures. Many bathrooms, awesome art everywhere and secret corners!

Great review - come back to visit us again soon! :)

The breakfast was a bit of a let down. I feel the cereal options could have been better. Overall I thought the hostel was cool and had a lot of nice spots to hang out in other than your room.

• 23rd Jan 2016

Thanks for the review. We have lots more to offer other than three cereals for breakfast - including freshly brewed coffee, sausage rolls, toast with a choice of jams, cold meats and cheeses, fresh fruit..... :)

My weekend at Abbey Court Hostel was great! I actually walked out of another hostel because the staff were such w******. My friends were actually staying at this hostel but came over to Abbey with me because it was WAY nicer! The staff were so welcoming and happy so thanks so much for a great stay.

• New Zealand

Hi there! Lovely to hear such a positive review and we're glad you were happy with your experience at Abbey Court! Yvonne

Lack of plugs/phone charge points in a 12 person dorm

• 23rd Jan 2016

Stayed in a 25 room dorm. No power points in my room. In the modern era power points in any room no matter the size is essential! Having to charge everything in the common kitchen is not efficent. However staff was great and the location was great!

Had a 10 man group and was perfect for us. Great people to hang out with, and if you stay in the designated areas you can stay up drinking and hanging out for as late as you want. The BYOB bar has music, a piano, loads of seating and areas to spend time with current and new friends. Could've stayed a few more weeks!

• 22nd Jan 2016

That's what we like to hear! Thanks for the review :) Yvonne

It was my first time staying in a hostel and I'd say it was really good! I felt very safe and there was a good atmosphere. cleanliness was average, basically what I was expecting.

• 22nd Jan 2016

Thanks for the review! We do our utmost to ensure optimum cleanliness at all times and have a lot of staff for this. We also have the hostel signed to remind customers to speak to us at reception if an area is unsatisfactory. Were delighted you enjoyed your stay! Cheers, Yvonne

We had a great time at the Abbey Court Hostel. The staff is super friendly and helpful, the hostel was clean, and the location was absolutely perfect. We also met a lot of cool people in the hostel which was easy because of the loose atmosphere.

• 21st Jan 2016