Abbey Court Reviews

29 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Good hostel, arrived in a pinch but they squeezed me in. Be sure to stay in the hammock room at some point, I slept off a hangover there. Old guy at the reception at night is super creepy though.

Hostel is in a great location, with a great many opportunities to meet people. Two glaring cons for me: Due to this being quite a large hostel, the staff (barring reception) all seem to have very short tempers dealing with their guests. I've actually seen one yell at a woman for using the refrigerator during breakfast. Also, while it's great that there's a smoking area, some dorms' sole windows overlook it, leading to smoke and noise seepage late into the night.

Helpful and friendly staff, great location- would stay here again!

• 28th Apr 2015

Most of your staff is very helpful and friendly. I was very relieved to find help at any hour. To get breakfeast in the morning is another good point. Especially I want to thank Lajos, who was very honest and kind. Thank you so much!

• 28th Apr 2015

Kitchen staff screamed in my face basicly because I can't eat there breakfast in the morning and microwaved my own. There were alotnof people not happy with kitchen staff and how they acted towards guests.

• 27th Apr 2015

The majority of the staff were really friendly. They have a great knowledge of the city and gave great advice on where to take buses/trains to other parts of Dublin and Ireland. The staff working at breakfast time need credit, facilitating so many guests. I didn't have massively high expectations, but small bars of soap instead of a dispenser in the en-suite bathroom and a bit more effort with the decoration and furniture in the room would make the room a better place to stay.

Hi there - thanks for the review. We feel the dispenser is more hygienic than bars of soap - and if we were to provide bars of soap for all guests there would be a lot of waste. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back again soon :) Many thanks, Yvonne

Older man and dark-haired woman at the reception harassed me about checking my card when entering the hostel to go to the kitchen. they were both unsmiling and obnoxious and made me feel unwelcome. By contrast, young man named LUCAS at the reception was very helpful and always cheerful. get rid of the nasty people! Hostel has a great computer room with about 8 computers and free Internet, but very confusing to find it. They need to place a sign on brown door leading to it. Good breakfast.

Hi there - Thanks for the review. We are currently getting signs made for this. Apologies you felt unwelcome by certain staff members - our night staff tend to take the strict approach as it is necessary when we are so full and some guests do not cooperate. They will be spoken to however. Many thanks, Yvonne

Poor breakfast... Good shower, but my bathroom drain was clogged... Perfect location, good bedroom.

• 25th Apr 2015

Good hostel for backpackers/ travellers/ tourists to spend some nights at the city as it is close to many amenities, attractions and public transportations.

Good simple, central, cheap hostel.

• 25th Apr 2015

Thanks for the review! Hope you can return sometime soon :)

Don't go there. I got sick from the breakfast, as well as some other guys from my room.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Hi there, Thank you for the review and we apologise that you were sick from our breakfast. Our free breakfast includes tea, coffee, a choice of cereals, toast, fresh fruit and sausage rolls. We only ever serve fresh food and it is delivered daily to us. We have never had a complaint about anyone getting sick from what we serve. Please email yvonne@abbey-court if you would like to discuss this matter further with me. Kind Regards, Yvonne

Perfect stay in Abbey Court

• 22nd Apr 2015

Abbey Court was amazing. It is in the best location ever; just off O'Connel street and the River Liffey. You can walk to pretty much anything you want to see. The staff were great help too. The hostel is massive, plenty to do! I stayed in a 20 bed female dorm, it was clean and the beds were great. It got really hot and stuffy in the morning, but that is to be expected. Breakfast is served every morning until 930, I never made it down but others seemed to enjoy it.

Thanks a million for the great review :)

I had a very nice stay - I think the location is just perfect, and the staff was really nice. The breakfast was also tasty. i recommend this place to everyone :-)

Brilliant! Delighted you enjoyed your stay :) Yvonne

I always stay here when I'm in Dublin, wich is 2-3 times a year. This hostel is in the middle of the citycentre, the location is the best ever. The prices are good, the beds are comfortable and the rooms are fresh and clean. Locker underneath each bed, wich is good. The big problem for me is the kitchen. The area with tables are big but the kitchen is very small. It's often quite crazy with a lot of people cooking and the fridges are always full.

Hi there, we are in the middle of doing refurbishments and there is going to be more room for breakfast shortly :) Many thanks, Yvonne

Great hostel, very friendly reception desk. Breakfast included a fruit option which was nice. Was really great staying there, the only problem we had was not enough Guinness in the vending machine ;)

Ah great to hear :) Thanks a million! Many thanks, Yvonne

Disappointing stay due to the management of a lack of water. We were unable to shower from checking in at 2pm until 7pm the following day. Bathroom was locked so unable to change in there. Full price was charged and no compensation given. With prior notice of the council work, this is appalling. Only half the kitchen jobs work and it's hard to get around but plenty of seats to eat at. people were in the smoking area until 2am. Other guests in room were respectful and quiet though.

Hi there, We apologise for the lack of water due to the council. We were only informed a few days before and we handled the situation as best as possible. It was unfortunately beyond our control. Kind Regards, Yvonne

The location was fantastic. The staff were extremely helpful. The lockers were under beds but no one in 20 bed room were able to lock them due to the size needed which was unnerving. Although I never heard of any issues because of that. The place is a maze. Great artistry inside. Lots of places to hang out. Kitchen was not the greatest but it's a budget hostel

Thanks for the email! We encourage people to bring their own locks or else we sell them at reception :) Thanks, Yvonne

Great wifi, and I appreciated the fruit at breakfast.

Hi there - thanks for the review! Come back again soon :) Yvonne

A bit better than average hostel. The bed was ready and there nobody else sleeping in your bed. You got your own key. Breakfast good, but very hard to get around as the place was very small. Bathroom and shower far from the dorm. Regards to noise was very good until 3 am, when 2 people arrived at that time and where noisy. The room was too hot to sleep, even window was open and that didn't help.

Thanks for the review! Yvonne