Abbey Court Reviews

29 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

behaviour of residents who consume too much alcohol and who become annoying may need some attention.

Hi there - thank you for your comments We are reviewing our drinking policies at night time and also employing more night staff to rectify this problem. Kind Regards, The Management

Just one complain, the boy who was working saturday night, in the middle of the night (about 2.00 am), opened our door room by mistake. I got up asking him , what was he doing? and he answered me: "what?!!" . So he opened our door while we were sleeping and he didn't apologise with us, rather than this, he answered me "what?!!". Really unhappy with his improper and rude behavior

when I came back to the dorm after breakfast to pick up my bag, my key wouldn't work anymore, although it was only 9.00 and check out time was 10.00. Luckily a few roommates were still in the room so they could let me in. When I mentioned this at reception, I barely got a reaction. She only said thats because of the check out time. I said that this happened at 9.00 at which she only shrugged her shoulders and walked away.Very annoying.

You can tell this hostel has been here awhile and has a lot of stories to tell. For this reason it is a little dirty/run down, but the location and price make up for it. And the facilities are still in good condition. They have a big kitchen to cool and a hammock room. Stayed in the 20 person female room and felt perfectly safe

• 4th Apr 2014

the staff were helpful and friendly, and its enjoyable to meet people from all over the world who are also so polite and friendly. As a base in the centre of Dublin the hostel is first class. I've been before and i shall use it again.

• 31st Mar 2014

WIFI not so great there. thankfully i had data on my phone so it was not an issue. The hostel is situated in the middle of the city so its easy to travel anywhere as public transportation is just a walk away. The hostel is a pretty nice place to chill.

Good hostel, but it's massive so there are a ton of people, which can be a little overwhelming.

Good location and cheap but it felt dirty and staff never fixed our shower

Really welcoming staff who gives us useful advice! The hostel is well located. Good facilities, with places to sit down and talk with friends during the night and a large room to eat breakfast at the morning.

• 23rd Mar 2014

Overall I enjoyed my stay at Abbey Court. The staff were friendly and helpful, the free breakfast was good (cereal, toast, fruits, pastry, beverages), and there were a lot of rooms to relax in after a long day of sight seeing. The only disappointment was that the hammock room only had two hammocks; this was a minor let down. I would recommend this hostel to friends.

• 21st Mar 2014