Abbey Court Reviews

29 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

By far the best hostel we stayed in while visiting Ireland. Right in the heart of downtown, 2 minute walk from Temple Bar area, and the tour bus picks up right outside the hostel. We met several people we'll never forget at this hostel, atmosphere is very inviting for people to hang out in common area. Also, very clean-people were cleaning everyday. Overall A++

Hey - Many thanks for your review! So great to hear you met other guests you wont forget :) Hope to see you again soon! The Management

Great location! An easy walk to most of Dublin's major sites to see. Staff was very friendly and helpful and the place was pretty clean for the most part. Simple breakfast was good enough. I stayed in the 24 bed mixed dorm. The smell was awful and the wifi didn't work in the room, but those are my only real concerns. I would recommend Abbey Court to a friend looking for great location and good deal.

Hi there - our larger dorms are cleaned and ventilated everyday to prevent problems such as this. Thanks for the review!

The bathroom in Room 1 seemed to be a bit filthy, but maybe it just looked dirty, because it has to get renovated. Apart from that, everything was totally fine. Good breakfast. Nice and helpful staff.

• 12th May 2014

Hi there, Many thanks for your review. Apologies the bathroom seemed dirty but they are cleaned thoroughly everyday. Our bottom floor bathrooms are due for refurbishment shortly. Kind Regards, The Management

the apartment where we stayed was in a very quiet location and very near to the city centre crossing ha'penny bridge

The staff were wonderfully helpful and friendly, the breakfast was good, and the location couldn't have been better!

Was my first experience in a hostell.. and i couldn't immagine that was so clean and so nice stay there.. then i really think that i will come back some other time..:)

Hi there, Ah - thank you so much for the kind review! We hope you come back to. Many thanks, The Management

It is a very large hostel, but still felt small and the staff were always friendly and very helpful! Couldn't have asked for a better location, overall it was a great experience.

Just awesome!

Had a great stay here. Nice, easy going atmosphere. Free breakfast is good! I shall return. Thanks Abbey Court.

The location is unbeatable. The staff was amazing and friendly. We stayed in a 24 bed dorm and even managed to get a good sleep on the nights we didn't go out! The pubcrawl was great, and you can go on it as many times as you would like. The only complaint would be there were a few long term guests walking around in their underwear (not a pretty sight!). I would definitely recommend this hostel to young backpackers who want to be right in the heart of Dublin.

Hey - thank you for the review! We are currently speaking to all guests about the underwear issue - we agree it's not something anyone wants to wake up to! :/ Many thanks, The Management

We got a room with double bed and private bathroom, as expected. The bathroom is okay, shower has warm water. The mattress seems very old (you can feel the springs). One skylight has no curtain, so there is light early in the morning. Location is perfect, staff is very friendly. Breakfast is fine and "all you can eat". Only drawback: there is no orange juice or similar.

• 1st May 2014

Hi there, Thank you for the review. We have replaced the mattress in your room - thank you for bringing it to our attention. Our breakfast is free and also all you can eat so we would hope guests would be happy with the tea and coffee, cereal, fruit, toast and sausage rolls. Many thanks, The Management

one of the best I have ever been. especially the location was perfect!

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Greece

While the staff are nice they are not very organized. I've had a lot of trouble with them double booking my bed (after I've paid for it) and accidentally cancelling my reservation, again after I've paid. A staff member woke me up in the middle of the night saying I wasn't booked in my bed. No one really seems to know what's going on. With so many other hostels to choose from I'd stay away from this one in the future.

• 29th Apr 2014

For one night the additional beds were ok, but the apartment is really just for two people not four.

• 25th Apr 2014

Staff works like on automatic mode on. The private room is very small, bathroom smaller and shower had a lot of black dirt spots on the wall. The kitchen had lot of old cookware. Breaklfast was basic, but was fine. I expected something simple, but decent and clean. Not staying again.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Hi, Our staff are known to be friendly and give lots of time to customers but still work diligently to ensure effective running of the hostel -if this appears as automatic mode we apologise. Also we clean constantly and have a large cleaning staff ensuring optimum cleanliness at all times however your bathroom received a thorough deep clean straight after your stay. Our free breakfast consists of cereals, brown and white toast, fresh fruit, sausage rolls and tea/ coffee. Regards,

Very nice breakfast! Perfect location right in the city cenre! Beds could be more comfortable, but it´s good value for Money.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Nice staff, no problems checking in middle of the night. Great location. Third time I have stayed with this hostel when in Dublin.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » last »