Abbey Court Reviews

29 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

We've stayed at one of the hostel's so called apartments located at a building just besides their main facilities. The whole place smelled like grease, like a fast food restaurant, all the time. And that is because, just downstairs, there's a pizza place that works until late at night. Overall it was a really unpleasant experience. Also, that building could really use some cleaning. The floor was dirty and slippery. Staff was ok, breakfast ok too, but definitely would not recommend it.

Hi Debora, it was not an apartment you stayed in but a private ensuite room. They're not/never have been advertised as apartments.You paid 60 Euro a night and this includes free breakfast, free wifi and we are the most centrally located accommodation in the City. Pizza place has nothing to do with us but we generally do not get complaints about it. We also have different cleaners rostered 24/7 and have signs asking guests to speak to us if theres a problem so we can address it. Cheers, Yvonne

Great hostel..awesome location perfect for getting to almost anywhere you would want to go in Dublin. Very close to Connolly station and Luas lines. Awesome staff..good breakfast..and great wifi that worked all over the hostel. My only complaint is that the bathrooms were a bit dirty at times..but it's a massive hostel so that's to be expected. Will definitely return

Hi David, thanks for the review. The bathrooms are cleaned a few times daily. Cheers, Yvonne :)

we really enjoyed our stay. the only thing to complain about is that the ovens take really, really long to get hot.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Hi there, thanks for the comments. We are looking into this problem with the ovens - thanks for letting us know! Cheers, Yvonne

The hostel constantly stunk of cigarette smoke and the showers were very hard to use when you have to push a utton every 15seconds for water.

Hi there, thanks for the review. We have a lot of showers that do not operate in this way - there's only very few that have a push button. There is a whole room of showers on the second floor and more at the back of the building. The smoking area is closed through out the night and only opens after lunch. We would get rid of the outside smoking area but a lot of people really love this facility so we need to please both sides. Many thanks, Yvonne

The Abbey Court was my first hostel experience, I thought security was great and eased my mind from that standpoint very quickly. The bathrooms in the rooms were tiny however. The hostel is a little older (now compared to other places I've stayed), but there is plenty of space throughout for lounging, phone use, etc. The smoking room does sit in the middle of all of the lounge areas so if you're not a smoker it can get to you after a while. Would recommend for price and location.

Hostel was just OK. Not great. Not horrible. Bathroom in room 15 was kind of nasty. The ones in the hall were better. The door makes TOO much noise every time someone goes in or out. And the night light on the ceiling is WAY too bright for a night light. The idea is good, but it needs to be dimmed or covered with something. Location is great. Staff seemed friendly. The place needs a good make-over though. And more electrical outlets near the beds!

• 1st Oct 2015

We stayed for two nights not really expecting much because we weren't paying much but were surprised. The double room was very clean and a very good size, they even provided towels. Location could not have been better. We will be staying here again when we come back.

Awesome Fiona. We look forward to welcoming you! Yvonne

It was an okay stay but was the worst hostel I ever been too. The showers weren't very clean and the dorms were too tight (although you can expect that from a 28 bed dorm). The people in the room weren't respectful at all and some of them were talking on the phone in the middle of the night (but that's not the hostel faul although they should imply hostel silent hour rules). Would recommend this hostel for a short stay and not a long one. Also the door was not always locking correctly.

• 29th Sep 2015
  • Malta

Good hostel location but was in a room of 24 people. One person snored a kept everyone else up. Not the hostels fault obviously but just not a super comfortable stay for the price.

Hi there. Thanks for the review. We have lots of smaller dorms that would have had more comfort for you. Kind Regards, Yvonne

The Abbey Court manager did not provide me the refund regarding the amount I had paid online. I am aware that one part belongs to HostelWorld but he denied and refused to refund. For example: I booked a 50 euros room, it chared me online 6 (Abbey Court) + 1.50 (HostelWorld), and paid 44 when arrived. But when I tried to perform the same for other days regarding some cancellations, he told me that everything I paid online was for HostelWorld, but the invoices show the contrary. Disappointed.

• 28th Sep 2015

It's my go to place to stay in Dublin- facilities, location and staff are brilliant. I recommend it all the time :)

• 28th Sep 2015

The location of the hostel is really perfect, the atmosphere, breakfast, decorations are great, and all the personal, especially the receptionist team, are fantastic. They always try to help you looking for your wellness; Luca, Sagil and another names are very professional with a lot of kindness and empathy; make you feel good even in those hard moments. Its a big hostel and at the same time is confortable, practical and very cosy. I definitely recommend Abbey Court for short and long stays.

• 27th Sep 2015
  • Spain

Abbey Court was clean, safe, and located right in city center. The complimentary breakfast was very nice and there were many kinds of accommodation options to choose from. This hostel is huge though so it was difficult for me to meet new people. I would definitely recommend this hostel to any staying in Dublin.

The sheets had a bad smell.

• 27th Sep 2015
  • Greece

Hey. Thanks for the review. Our sheets are cleaned after every customer and we have a large laundry area where a huge amount of cleaning happens daily. We would have gladly changed the sheets if we knew you were not happy. Many thanks, Yvonne

Breakfast is great, sleeping was great but bring ear plugs if you're in a big room. The hammock room was my favourite! Amazing wall decorations all round, good facilities, plenty of shores and toilets. Didn't use the girls "dressing room mirrors and plugs for straighteners etc area but that's a great idea. Right by the centre, helpful and cheery staff at all hours of the day. Will stay here next time!

Hey - awesome review. Thank you very much :) Yvonne

The location is top notch. There is not a better place in the city of Dublin to stay that has nightlife, transportation, and tourist destinations in such close proximity. The staff was very nice, fun, and both extremely knowledgeable and helpful when I was asking about the things to do and places to see around the area. The rooms were nice, and the lockable storage lockers in the rooms were great to have. I never had an issue finding an open bathroom or shower. Left baggage options was fantastic

• 25th Sep 2015

Hey...great review. Thanks so much. Please spread the word and come back again to visit! :) Yvonne

One the nicer hostel I've stayed at. Love how sturdy and comfortable the beds are. Breakfast is great and there are many bathrooms and showers so you never have to wait.

• 25th Sep 2015

Hey - awesome review. Thanks kindly! Yvonne

Pros: the staff was very welcoming and friendly. And the breakfast was above average - included sausage rolls and sandwich meat. Cons: it was a bit to big and loud for me. The beds were really hard (though I would prefer that to really soft.) The showers were just barely warm.

Hey thanks for the review. We have a lot of showers that have adjustable temperature on the second floor and towards the back of the building. They surely get hot :) Many thanks, Yvonne

Great location. Stayed in a 6 bed dorm. It was like sleeping in a hallway w/ very little room for bags or to move around. There was only 1 set of plugs. It is located on a very busy, noisy street and is hot w/o the windows open, but very noisy open. Even with them closed, you hear alot of noise as the windows are not good. Rooms are not soundproof at all either and a lot of sound carries from the hallways, etc. Surprisingly I got sleep, although if you go to bed early I would not recommend.

Hey, thank you for the review. We have lots of extra extension plug chords at reception - just ask :) We also try to move any guest who is affected by noise. Although usually it doesn't cause much problems. Many thanks, Yvonne

Nice hostel but needs more outlets in the rooms.