Abbey Hostel Reviews

Vico di Santa Fede 8-10, Genoa, Italy

The hostel was overall great! Nice clean rooms and bathrooms and the staff was EXCEPTIONAL! Breakfast was delicious as well. My only complaint is the location. At night the area is very sketchy, and while the narrow footpath to the hostel is fine, between the station and the hostel, the streets are dimly lit. Accidentally going down the wrong small, dimly lit footpath could leave you in a place you'd rather not be at night. When out at night, a larger group is recommended; daytime no issues.

Staff went out of their way to include us, even though it was off season and almost no one else was there. Also, recommended a place with some of the best foccatia I've had in Italy.

Good location, very friendly and hospitale staff. But a bit cold for the winter time.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Turkey

Great location. - Wifi excellent - very decent breakfast - the staff are great. Would stay here again.

Great Place. Its really close to everything that is worth seeing. Probably the best security of any hostel that I have been to. Two locked doors to get into your room as well as a free key to a private lock box. The only negative that I could find is the water heater in the showers are quite small so you have to wait a while after someone takes a shower to take yours.

• 29th Dec 2015

Thans for your comment we are pleased that you enjoy the overstay, we have now fixed the thing with the heater hope to have u back soon Have a good day

Very helpful staff and great location.

Location was good. Next to the old city. Excellent staff, very friendly. Breakfast was decent. The hostel was very clean and definitely good for budget backpackers, with a good kitchen. Not ideal for party backpackers but you don't need a raging bar at a hostel for it to be great.

thank you very much for your comments hope to have you back soon

The tow frontdesk staff Mari and Johana where the beat! They took me on a tour of the city and told me all the great places to see. Mateo has great taste in music and plays all the hits. I had the best time in Genoa and the Abby was a big part of that. Thank you!

Good hostel and friendly staff

Dear Guest, Thank you for your nice words, we hope to see you in our establishment again soon!

Nice stay here, Staff was cool and one of them even spoke to me in Spanish / Italian / English. Very clean both bathroom and room, comfy bed. Very close to the submarine in the docks and to the train station. The lounge is a bit noisy in the night...you know...party. The kitchen has everything you may need for a dinner. You have to leave a 10€ deposit for the key which obviously they return to you.

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Mexico

Great hostel, but reception isn't 24 hrs and they lock the kitchen overnight until like 7 or 8. This is a bummer for using the fridge if you need to leave early. Everything else was great, staff were so nice and friendly. Location is phenomenal as well. Stay here!

Staff were very helpful and friendly when I had any queries. Location is a little far from the train station, especially if u have a lot of luggage. Room was spacious, toilet was clean. No complains :)

Dear Guest, Thank you for the kind words, just for info for the next time, if you have a lot of luggage, you can take a bus from trainstation, which stops only a few hundred meters from our hostel. Hope to see you again soon!

Very nice hostel. Staff were very nice and friendly. Large and cozy common room. Also large kitchen. Comfy beds and spacious rooms. Really big bathrooms. Good wifi that works in the rooms. Would stay here again.

Dear Guest, We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here and we hope you will visit us again!

Very pleased exept the lock at the bathroom, it was broken and it didn't work. Also, the breakfast is not that good, but it was a good value for money.

• 31st Oct 2015
  • Serbia

Hello! you are right sorry for the inconvenience but now the bathroom lock has been fixed but we are happy that you liked our hostel Greetings and have a nice evening

This is a really nice spot that offers solid value for money. It's got a sweet chill-out alcove and attracts a good crowd of young travelers. The staff definitely know and love the city well and will make you feel welcome here! No dramas at all with the rooms - it's a winner all around!

beautiful words thank you, we always try to do our best. Very happy that you felt comfortable at ours See you next time if you are in Genoa

Great atmosphere for meeting other travelers. There's a lot of open space to hang out in and talk to fellow hostel guests. Staff was also very willing to help. I only stayed for one night, but would definitely come back to this hostel if I'm ever back in Genoa.

Thanks for your comment , glad that you spent a good time here hope to have you around again here : )

The staff was great. Very friendly, helpful, and patient with 4 somewhat road weary travelers. Both of the rooms we stayed in were clean and comfortable. As was the shared bathroom. Location is a short walk from the train station which is awesome when carrying a bunch of bags. Would stay here again for sure.

• 28th Oct 2015

Nice hearing that from you :) , Definitely hope to have you here again See you.

Stayed one night between rome and milan, staff recommended a great dinner spot (Da Mario... look it up). One room opens up into the street and while there is a security grating, you do get a fright when blokes on the street light up at 3am.

thanks for nthe answer and good place to eat : ) Have a good day

Only there to spend the night on route to Milan. Place was very clean a comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Thanks for the comment but one night is not enough, Hope to have youn around again. Have a nice day.

The hostel is well located. Staff is nice. Wi-Fi is good. I rented a single room : the size was correct but the room was pretty dark with just a small window. I had two problems during my stay : my first night was a nightmare because of a group of drunk people who made noise during hours. On our level, the locking system of the bathroom was broken. It means that you can not lock the door when you go to the toilets or when you have a shower. I would say that I didn't have feeling of intimity.

Hello: Thanks for the answer. We always tell to guests to behave but unfortunately we cannot check how many beer they drink :). For the other thing you are right ,the door has been mended though Hope to see you again, Have a nice day.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4