Abbey Hostel

Fabulous 1575 Total Reviews

• cassandrabrooks77129
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
11th Aug 2017

Very helpful staff and location is very close to Genova Principe main station and bus station. The shared rooms of four had enough space and lockers were a great size also. The hostel is difficult to find without using google maps as the streets are quite narrow and can look very similar. Often a lot of people loitering on the back streets at night but couldn't hear them in the rooms. Would definitely recommend the hostel and stay again

9th Aug 2017

The reception staff were really nice and helpful. I'd definitely recommend this hostel. TIP: Follow their email advice on directions, I didn't read it and used Google maps - which took me down a long, dodgy back street were I witnessed a man being attacked by a large American pitbull terrier, even though it was muzzled it tore his shorts to shreds and left a mark on his leg, then the owner walked after him, threatening him ( I think he was trying to stop him from reporting it).

9th Aug 2017
5.1

The place is close to the train station but unfortunately the staff is unfriendly and there is unfriendly notes written everywhere plus the toilet wasn't clean.

• Australia, Female, 41+
3rd Aug 2017

Great location and staff very helpful! But take the advice of the hostel for getting to hostel from train station! Google maps takes you down an ally that we as to female felt a little in comfortable but we weren't hassled!

• laurenpowell446227
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
29th Jul 2017
6.0

Hostel overall is pretty good, however I didn't feel safe in the area at night being alone. Also I was put into a 4 bedded room with 2 older men and another guy, speaking with other guests the other rooms were more evenly spread out. On arrival there was no maps or any information given to me it was another guest that helped me locate the maps!

21st Jul 2017

Staff was great, it was really clean and had large lockers for big luggages and the other stuff. So clean; bed was okay, can't say the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in a hostel. It's really close to the port, only bad thing is it was a bit dangerous when I was walking back to hostel in a night time. Definitely would stay there again.

• England, Male, 18-24
19th Jul 2017
7.4

A good hostel overall. Although I was disappointed with my room (3b). Advertised as a 4 bed ensuite, but barely any room to move. The ensuite was above the beds and very small. In the end I used the communal bathroom. The ensuite even dripped on my bed one night, which the staff handled well. But still, this shouldn't happen.. There was an older italian man watching TV in the communal area every night I was there which killed the atmosphere.

• England, Female, 18-24
18th Jul 2017
6.3

If the hostel was in better area it would be so good! It is lovely with spacious rooms, clean bathrooms, nice kitchen and friendly staff. I've lived in 3 italian cities and travelled to many places in the country, but I have never felt so unsafe! The alleys to the hostel have graffiti threatening tourists, the markets leave out rubbish so there's rats everywhere with dodgy characters lurking about. As a solo female traveller this was too uncomfortable. I cannot recommend due to this, sorry.

• Italy, Female, 31-40
15th Jul 2017

Nice place, nice staff, nice people!

• Australia, Male, 31-40
13th Jul 2017

All the staff I dealt with were very friendly and helpful. My only criticisms are that there weren't many hooks or rails for hanging things in the bathroom or bedroom, the pillow was extremely thin, and the coffee at breakfast was terrible. Otherwise, everything was great!