Abbey Hostel

Fabulous 1461 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
16th Apr 2017
3.4

Absolutely awful location in a scary alley way. It smells disgusting inside like actually gross and have to hold out breathe as we walk through the reception to our room The receptionist was telling us it's haunted and loads of ghosts, like ok thanks for scaryinf us. Have to rent towels It has made us realise how wrong reviews can be online and not to trust them. We shared a bed at night because we were so scared in this hostel.

Dear guest, We are sorry for your disconfort. Our hostel is located next to the train station and if you follow the directions on our website or hostelworld you can find the hostel with ease and without passing in scary areas. we are sorry if you had any problems but we assure you that our staff works every day to guarantee maximum cleaningness. The ghost stories have the purpose of entertaining our guests but if they scared you so much we are sorry again. The towels are a convenient extra service that we provide for 1.5€. the rented towel can be kept for the duration of the stay. Only guests have access to the hostel after the ending of check-in time, outside people don't have acess to the hostel. I hope this shows you our committment to guarantee your security as a guest. Regards

• England, Female, 18-24
15th Apr 2017
7.4

Good hostel, safe and clean. Not a lot of atmosphere but that might be because of the time we went. The location was the worst part but that's normal for hostels.

• Poland, Female, 18-24
13th Apr 2017

I really enjoyed my stay there. It's a cute hostel with good location. Secured very well, very well organized with rules. I only didn't like the midnight closing of the common room but it's necessary if the reception is not 24 hours. The receptionists are nice and were very patient with me. They were nice to all the guests and cleaning staff too. The only thing is some of them need a shower more often.....

11th Apr 2017
6.0

Just stopped here on my way to France. Didn't care for the area at all. Also didn't like the fact that the hostel is located on some back alley that smells of urine and is strewn with feces. Had to pay to have my laundry done and it got ruined. Instead of doing my whites separately, they were thrown in with my colors and are now stained. The staff also wasn't helpful or particularly friendly. Not happy and will not stay here again.

• USA, Female, 31-40
7th Apr 2017

One of the best hostels I have ever visited!

6th Apr 2017

The staff were very helpful and extremely nice! Finding the place was not that easy and google maps was not as helpful as normal, however once I found the location, it was easy to find again. It borders a part of town that maybe isn't the best but I felt safe. Super close to the harbour and a couple of markets to eat food. Room was nice and clean and it was great that there are nice big lockers with locks built in. The common area was nice and I met some friendly people.

• scottiebud
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
6th Apr 2017

Pretty good hostel. Nice little spot, kind of hidden but it's still easy to find. close to the train station. The wifi wasn't the greatest unless you were in the common room which sucked a bit, but overall still a good spot. not far from the supermarché either which was good.

3rd Apr 2017
6.0

Overall it was ok, only thing the lock of my safe to put my stuff didn't work. Also the area is very sketchy, dirty. Couldn't go out after 7pm without being scared.

• ubrimarga5282
  • Spain, Female, 41+
23rd Mar 2017

The hostel is very nice, with the staff that were very helpful. Many thanks for everything. M Ubri

• Italy, Male, 31-40
19th Mar 2017

Thanks to Carl and Marina. They've been friendly and helpful.