Abbey Hostel Reviews

Vico di Santa Fede 8-10, Genoa, Italy

Really good hostel, clean, good value for money. Staff very friendly and helpful. Only bad thing is that it's located in a poor area of Genoa. Pretty central but a bit rough. Breakfast wasn't really great either.

Great place to stay. Not the easiest to find and initially the area might look a little seedy but it's not. Very clean and the staff was awesome.

Nice, clean & friendly hostel. Our room was spacious, had bathroom. If all the hostels kept this standard (and especially for this price), it would be more than perfect. Wish I could stayed longer :)

The hostel is very well located, close from the city center and the main tourist attractions. However, in my opinion the area is in a poor area as a girl i wouldn't walk there alone by night. The staff is very helpful and full of good tips for restaurant, place to hangout and to visit.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Possibly the worst bunk beds I've stayed so far. Apart from that, nothing to complain.

Located at a small and creepy alley. Could be a little bit dangerous for women. Kitchen was great, everything provided. Breakfast could be better instead of just bread cereal and some drinks.

Great hostel, clean & spacious, air con works great, lockers outside the room, bathroom a bit dodgy on the 3rd floor. Wasn't too comfortable walking alone to find the hostel bit of a sketchy area but actual atmosphere inside was great and it was so close to the station.

It was a wonderful stay. The hostel is beautyful and the stuff really nice. I liked it a lot.

• 10th Aug 2015

Lovely hostel in a very central location. The staff were very friendly and generous with advice and food. We had a small, spotless dorm with AC which was good value, except for that it was on the 4th floor and the lift was broken. Nice public chill area and great kitchen.

• 8th Aug 2015

I only stayed a night and it's a nice place to stay. The only down side is that the lockers didn't really work in my room and that the location didn't feel a 100% secure (I'm a female solo traveler). Anyways I would recommend this place.

• 7th Aug 2015

Had a nice stay here. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. Air conditioning was a huge plus. Staff were nice & helpful. They locked up my bag for me during the day. Make sure to get a key if you plan to be out past 1am. Only thing is it's in kind of a shady neighborhood. Would definitely stay again.

Nice hostel close to the train station and city centre. Friendly staff who can give you good tips about where to go. I am a girl and was traveling alone and I felt a bit unsafe when I was walking back to the hostel on my own (really narrow and dark streets), but the hostel was nice and good.

Above all, I liked the small capacity of the hostel, I felt like being home.....also the cleanliness and the nice decoration everywhere in the building was a good surprise !

• 1st Aug 2015

Would NOT recommend if female on her own. Hostel is down a very sketchy alley and not nice at all at night to go down. I was in a room with a very loud boiler and you can hear everything when people come in. Only one bathroom for too many rooms so always having to wait. Was clean but could have been better. Lift is very slow. Lockers not very good, anyone can get in them with their key, did not eat here. Didn't have much interaction with staff but where pleasant on arrival.

I loved staying at your hostel, we had a great time. The hostel had a great location, everything was clean, the staff was very friendly and so was the pricing. But when you tell people you can get a key for 10 euros, make it clear the 10 euros are a deposit and you will get it back. Because this was why we didn't get one right away. Also the restaurant you recommended was closed. I don't know if you always recommend the same restaurant but I thought I would say it anyways.

Great central location and clean with abundant air conditioning that works CONSISTENTLY! If you've been through Italy, you'll know that if there is AC, it goes away inexplicably for long periods for no good reason. Not this place though! But what makes the real difference is the staffing. The two Italian "ragazze" really helped with everything, even taking five minutes to show you where to get the best caffe and brioche via a hand drawn map. The staffing made me want stay in Genoa longer.

Really good hostel very clean and very nice personnel!!

Very friendly hostel. Staff are helpful. Great to have air con in the bedrooms. Hostel was clean. Very easy to find from website directions and close to the main station. Security was very good. The breakfast was excellent value. The only negative point was the very slow lift.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Wales

Very Nice staff and Very clean The hostel is located near the old port and walking distance from a lot is touristic sites

• 26th Jul 2015

Really lovely hostel. Very friendly atmosphere and the manager was quick to help and point out good eating and drinking areas. The breakfast each morning is definitely worth getting. All the rooms and bathrooms were very modern.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7