Abbeywood Reviews

Abbeywood, Newport Rd, County Mayo, Westport, Ireland

Very cozy hostel only a stones throw to the city centre. Nice and quiet, spacious, and clean.

As a single person it would probably represent good value for money, unfortunately, we could only get a triple bed room, and that meant we paid as much as we did for a basic B and B. however, it was quiet, nicely located and comfortable. I haven't stayed in a hostel since 1998 and it wasn't the best hostel I've ever stayed in, but certainly wasn't the worst! The only other negative was the showers, could do with a lick of paint and the rails need replacing.

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Couple, 41+

A lovely place! Very quiet and calm, very clean and tidy, at edge of town with plenty of parking. Absolutely ideal for older travellers! And home made brown bread which we loved. Thank you so much.

Thank you for your lovely comments, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope we'll see you back here again soon.