Abby Guest House Reviews

Goodwin Ave., Dallas, USA

A self contained garden lodge in a quiet street of a Dallas - good access to CBD. Ideal for a couple or individual who want privacy and like to prepare their own meals - fully equipped kitchen. Home owner is pleasant and on call if required.

A fine place to stay. A very nice cottage.

Julie was amazing. Definitely recommend

This was a perfect haven for me to get away for a few days! I look forward to a return trip in the future! Heather

• 20th Oct 2013

This guesthouse is in a great location, has a patio in a lovely back yard, is very roomy with a full kitchen and large bath. I have already scheduled another stay here when I return to Dallas. Highly recommend.

• 5th Mar 2013

Great location and private accommodations. The only improvements would be to have better electrical set up so that appliances can be used without worrying about loss of power and fuses. Also, in the more extreme weather, hot or cold, it would be nice to have the heat (or air) on to a somewhat comfortable temperature.

• 26th Dec 2012

The Abby guest house was comfortable and reasonably priced . The guest house did feel a bit cluttered and outdated. For example the bathroom had old soaps and razors in it and most of the guides had expired. The cable tv also did not work well.

Guesthouse was located in the suburbs & 20 minute bus ride from the centre of Dallas. Location was very safe within a nice neighbourhood. Guesthouse is located in back garden of owners property behind secure gate. Not sparkling clean but was satisfactory. Note that you have to leave it as you find it or pay money towards the cleaning. Julie, the owner, was friendly on arrival & very helpful in advance of arriving with providing info. Had good facilities including kitchen, WI-FI, printer, lounge.

the AC struggled with the heat; we arrived 8 pm, and the place wasn`t cool for hours; and its only May. Great location, hostess, nice bath, bed etc; I`d return for sure, but ask for pre-cooling.

• 17th May 2012

Can be accessed from the airport by public transport. A couple of blockes from restaurants.

My husband and I really enjoyed staying at Abby Guest House. We had a great time chatting to Julie and getting to know her lovely dogs. The M Streets neighbourhood is a great location - close to everything but still with a great community feel. The restaurants, bars and cafes on Greenville Avenue were fantastic. We hope to get back to Dallas soon and would definitely stay here again.

• 4th Mar 2012

Very nice and cozy cabin like cottage, just need some better heating system.

Julie was an excellent host - giving us privacy, but also available for whatever we need.

• 20th Jan 2012

Lovely light-filled guest house, surrounded by trees, only 10 minutes from downtown Dallas. Due to my schedule I never met the owner but it was a lovely place and I wish I could have stayed longer. Rather than have several room, this is a single guest house -- lovely place to recoup but you have to bring your own party, if you your that type.

The Abby Guest House Is like a small apartment designed for a solo traveler or couple. It is located in a quiet, residential neighborhood and is very private. It contains many amenities such as the kitchen furnished with all the basics and is reasonably priced.

• 11th Jul 2011

best place to stay

We had such a great time at the guest house and the owner was such a delight. We will definitely visit again!

This was our second stay and if we can, we'll be back again for a third. The guesthouse is a great home away from home. Everything you'd need and in a great location!

The Abby Brown was a great weekend getaway! Close to lots of fun stuff, but quiet and relaxing as well!

Great folks. Easy to work with. Lots of good comments in the guest book from folks who stayed there. (I was there for work, so "fun" wasn't a priority.)

View all Dallas Bed and Breakfasts