7.2
Very Good 2,997 Total Reviews
7.2
Very Good 2,997 Total Reviews
Abercorn House Hostel Located at 28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London.
England
London W6 7DS 28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith
72% 2997
51.4939959 -0.2222156
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 31-40
24th Aug 2016
2.0

Worst hostel ever Nothing like the photos. It is more of a half way house than a hostel. Complete with drug affected people, and not the fun normal hostel type. Asked to check out and for my money back. Both were refused. I was left with no other option but to walk out. This place has no place on this website as its not the hostel a backpacker or traveler would expect.

• cargo4
  • New Zealand, Female, 25-30
22nd Aug 2016
4.9

The bathroom/shower facilities were disgusting. The rooms had no where to lock up your items so very un-safe if leaving the room. You have to pay for wifi. The only good thing about this place was the very kind staff man who allowed me to charge my phone at reception as I didn't have a plug convertor. The location was also good as close to a train and bus station. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here.

• England, Female, 25-30
11th Aug 2016
6.6

When I first arrived the man at the reception desk tried to tell me the room I had booked wasn't available and I had to go to a different hostel some distance away but it was okay because they'd pay for the taxi to take me there. Only after insisting the entire reason I'd booked this one was because it was around the corner from a convention and asking repeatedly if he was really saying there was no room here for me did he let me in. The bathroom stunk of mould, but rest of room clean.

• England, Couple, 18-24
31st Jul 2016
8.0

Lovely place, great location. A bit noisy from 6am onwards but apart from that was allgood! 😊

29th Jul 2016

Good Communications: Underground Piccadilly and District Line, and buses 9 and 10 nearby. It takes 40 minutes by underground to/from Heathrow, only 1.50. Fridge in the room, electric kettle in the kitchen. Many toilets and showers, always with soap. Many restaurants and bars in the neighbourhood.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
28th Jul 2016

Helpful staff and excellent location for what we needed. Will happily stay here again

• USA, Male, 18-24
27th Jul 2016
4.9

The hostel staff was rude enough within the little amount of time I interacted with them to make the time there unenjoyable. While paying for wifi (you have to pay a pound per hour for wifi), I was pulling out the correct amount of money out of my wallet, and was told by the receptionist to "hurry up, I don't have time for this" (I am paraphrasing, but it was that rude) and there was no one behind me waiting. Others in line before me were treated in the same manner. They have stoves but no pans.

• England, Couple, 25-30
25th Jul 2016

We've stayed in this hostel before, in April 2016. Location excellent, very clean hostel and there are plenty of kitchen and bathroom facilities. In addition, the rooms (at least our private one) also have a fridge, which is great for storing food without having to worry about it being stolen by someone else! Wifi is unfortunately not free, but they charge £5 for 7 days of use, which I suppose is reasonable, although in this day and age I feel that all hostels should really have free wifi.

21st Jul 2016
7.4

The place was really good compared to other places I have been to. Facilities are quite new and rooms as well. The staff is what makes it difficult. People are not enthusiastic and it seems like they do not want to be bothered to talk to you or answer your questions. The little shop at the entrance next to reception, was even worse. I had to buy a can of sprite and she could´t be bothered to give me some change because she was closing so she kept the change. Customer service is nonexistent

• USA, Female, 18-24
12th Jul 2016

loved the times! perfect location, awesome staff and nice rooms.