Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

We stayed in a twin ensuite room on the 4th (top) floor. The room was tiny but clean. The issues I had were that there was no hot water in our room so the ensuite was almost useless as we had to shower in the shared facilities. The 2nd issue was that the lift didn't work so we had to hike up and down lot of stairs with luggage. Even without luggage it was a lot and I'm quite fit! The fridge in the room was a nice surprise though

The dirtiest and the most uncomfortable hostel we have ever been to....Poor slow internet connection for 1 pound per hour!

thank you for your comment, our hostel is one of the cleanest hostel in London . also we clean 3 times a day kitchens bathrooms and also at night as well. we are sorry that you had bad experience but what you saying is not true, and about the wifi the connection is strong and we do not have complaining about that , we are asking hostelworld..com to check this review please

Internet only available for purchase (5hrs = 5₤)! Reception not service-oriented or helpful, didn´t care much. Seemed like a dorm for workers, only a few tourists there. Common showers full of fungus! Lift + heating didn´t work. Our room had the charm of an indian hospital. Awful bed, hard springs sticking out. Noisy in the evenings when people used the kitchens + you could hear the people in the rooms next door talk. The worst hostel we have ever been to! Book sthg else instead!!!

we appreciate your comment. we are sorry that you had bad experience in London. but our hostel is the most cleanest hostel in London as you can check the last reviews also our receptionist . they are always making sure they are doing bes service, but if you book a shearing bed then you must accept al kind of nationality's . also about the wifi it says NOT free . ,also the heating will be on from 01 of October from the UK ,

Hotel is well situated and quite big. The biggest problem was lift which was not working and there was none to fix it. It looks like they want to save some money on that. The other thing I didnt like was that there is no free wifi. You have to pay 1 GBP for an hour. I wouldn't stay there just because of that

The stay was very comfortable and we really enjoyed it. We had the luxurious twin. It was a nice basic clean room. We really appreciated the clean bathroom. However, the room was next to the coffee shop and near the computer and breakfast room, which was quite noisy due to the thin walls. The staff was not very personal and welcoming. They just gave you the key and gave no further explanation about time of breakfast and check out or other facilities. Nonetheless, our experience was very good!

Excellent location. VERY NOISY- but very clean. Need to put a few signs up saying PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE TO OTHER PEOPLE AND KEEP THE NOISE DOWN!!!! Lloyd Bowen

• 11th Sep 2015

People arriving late to the hostel show no respect what so ever so it's really noisy 24/7. No everyday cleaning which sometimes is needed (garbage, maybe a new towel), the fire alarm went off 3 times during 4 days and it kept going on and off. Got no explanation to it.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Sweden

The hostel is clean and good, but waiting until 2:00PM for check-in is frustrating. IMO, wifi should also be free of charge for customers; or at least it would be much easier if the wifi charge is included in the room rates.

• 9th Sep 2015
  • Ethiopia

The hostel is ok, but I am not fussy. Other people might find it a bit too basic. It's nothing special, the price is decent for London, though. What I find totally ridiculous and unacceptable, however, is the fact that they offer no free wi-fi. Instead they sell you rather expensive internet access vouchers. That would have been all right 10 or 15 years ago but it feels cheapskate and totally outdated today. Come on, this is London, not some village in Anatolia.

Very good Location, fair Price! I would go there again!

The cleaning staff is friendly and helpful also they do their job quite well. But the front staff will literally make you feel like you dont exist. You ask them a question and they will look up when they feel like. Bathrooms have lukewarm water and freezing cold water. You get just a second to enjoy hot water. Its a little shady because you have to keep moving inside to find your room and sometimes it would be dark. The doors are the most irritating thing , moving heavy luggage is a challenge.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • India

I had a good stay in Abercorn. The hostel bathrooms and showers were kept very clean. Rooms were tiny but that's a given for most hostels. The only issues I had was a screw came off on my bunk bed and was wobbly and unsafe. Someone said they would fix the problem and also I wish they had lockers at the hostel. There were no lockers so I had to carry all my valuables around with me in London which was a nuisance. I recommend the hostel get some lockers that customers can pay to use.

Very nice - I stayed here while I was searching for a flat during my first 10 days in London. I really appreciate the friendly service at the front desk and the good, clean, affordable lodging in an excellent location throughout my search. Thanks!

Great location great price comfortable beds very clean loads of toilets showers and kitchens on each floor. Only one negative was second floor didn't have any loo roll in the toilets so we went to the other floors which was fine. 24hr reception was great

Lovely stay for what is called a 'hostel'. My boyfriend and I stayed here a couple of nights and it was that peaceful that we almost felt as though we were staying at a hotel. Not usually a fan of shared bathrooms, but these were usually immaculate, spacious and modern looking. Lovely staff were very helpful and polite. Don't change! Only two requests, full length mirrors in either the double rooms or the bathrooms and would be great to have bed side lamps in the rooms. Only minor requests!

• 22nd Aug 2015

very modern in appearance but the plugs in my room were not working, the doors are so heavy that people at any time constantly bang them to close them, I could hardly sleep the days I was there and was looking forward to leaving every minute. A friend of mine came to pick me up and since they don't accept visitors she needed to wait downstairs ! I find it so unpolite !! bathrooms were not very clean, and overall, I have seen better places for the same price.

This hostel is good apart from no breakfast and no lockers in the rooms. However, Hammersmith itself reeks ' Conservatism ' and places shut early. Well there is the Weatherspoon pubs, but if you are going into Belushi's; best stay at that hostel. It can be a bit far out.

very convenient to the metro station, however, still a long way to the city center

Great hostel friendly and would stay here again

I've been staying at this hostel for a while now and it's very good. It's in a good location and reasonably priced. They clean the place everyday which is fantastic. My only criticism is that sometimes the mattresses can be very low quality. On my last visit I slept in a bed which had a dip or slump in the middle! The metal frame for the bed was completely warped. It was like sleeping in a hammock every night - my toes went numb! So beware, their bedding is hit and miss!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4