Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

Not the best hostel ever but it was fine for two nights while I was waiting to move in somewhere else. You would never come here when travelling to London but if you just need a place to stay then it isn't bad. Staff are awful but I only spoke to them twice (check in and check out) so it didn't bother me. It's a bit of a shame because with a few minor changes this place wouldn't be half bad. You also have to pay for the Wi-Fi hourly (what kind of hostel doesn't offer free WI-FI?!).

I only have one problem to report about the hotel, there is no wifi included, and this is ok. So, if you want to use wifi you need to pay, and also this is ok. The problem is the price. You have 2 option, 1 pound per hour or 5 pound for 5 hour. This price is crazy. That's all.

Staff were lovely but I got eaten raw by bed bugs. I have about 20 bites from one night, really wish I hadn't stayed.

• 30th Sep 2014

Unfriendly staff.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Spain

LOUD LOUD LOUD. I think I'd rather sleep on the platform of the tube and it would be quieter. The cause was construction *inside* the hostel that began at 8am. I understand having to do remodeling, but to rent out rooms that only allow you to sleep till 8am is terrible. Otherwise clean, a bit cramped, but good.

• 28th Sep 2014

The room was spacious with a double bed, fridge and cupboard. Had a run in with a cleaner who continued to try open the door while my boyfriend was holding the door shut and telling her could she wait a minute while I got changed yet she continued to open the door. She then hurled abuse at him claiming she couldn't hear over the construction work which is still happening btw. Facilities get quite dirty not the best cleaning job is done. Location was fairly good next to the hammersmith metro.

The hostel was great: location, clean, secure! The stuff could have been more nicer but everything else was really really good!

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

The hotel is literally across the road from tube station . I had read mixed reviews and I think perhaps the building is in the stages of being updated renovated . It's quite a big building . We booked a twin and it was basic room with wardrobe and fridge and towels provided . The room looked newly painted and beautifully tiled floor . Window looked out to street . Toilets were good and clean but bit untidy later .There is cooking facilities , shop and showers were good . Reception 24hrs. Enjoyed

Great price for the location. Very surprised how nice it was once we got there, based on price I was expecting somewhere a little "grubby". Practically newly done out inside. Comfy bed. They provide towels if you want a shower too.

• 19th Sep 2014

most doors could do with a quiet close option to support the door when it closes. This would reduce a lot of banging noises when people close their room door.

• 18th Sep 2014

There happens to be a major building project at the moment next door so it was noisey in the morning but it was a great place to stop over and only a few mins from Hammersmith tube.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Very good for this price.

I think the staff at the reception should know more about tourist information

• Switzerland

There were bed bugs! Horrible! And I didn't get a refund.

• Spain

no free wifi, horrible atmosphere, staff doesn't explain anything. construction work doesnt let you sleep and windows are broken. I wouldnt recommend it!

• Austria

I was disappointed with this hostel. I checked in an hour early and was told this was fine, but the dorm was full of rubbish and the beds had dirty sheets. This was fixed but I would rather have been told to wait, or that the room wasn't ready. The rooms did not have safes for valuables and there were not enough power points. The staff were rude. The internet costs money which is deceptive because it doesn't say in the description. Please provide free wifi for guests, all other hostels do!!

Room was basic but newly refurbished and very clean. Staff were friendly. However, there was no garden/outside area to sit. Our room was right next to reception with no sound proofing so got woken up a couple of times.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

The worst problem was the mattress, we could barely sleep in it, it was too old and we could feel every of its spring in our back. Then the noise, of course we could hear all of our neighbors both in their room and the corridor but the staff guy cleaning the floor and thus hitting every metal tube with its broom at 7h30 on a sunday morning was unexpected. Location is quite convenient and cleanliness is acceptable but I would definitely choose another option next time so I can sleep.

Spent the evening in a private room prior to a job interview in the city - the place very loud (there was also a building site next door) and very basic (the private shared showers were actually shared throughout the entire floor, not just a handful of rooms). Much better value available in and around London

A hook in the shower would be very useful! Apart from that, everything was ok.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5