Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

Good place if you need a roof for the night, staff are miserable and unwelcoming not a single smile once.

• 24th Jul 2015

Excellent place if you are on a budget and do not expect 5 star accomodation for the price. Excellent location - easy access to the underground and good shopping and pubs very close by. I was impressed by the efforts by management to keep the place quiet, like doors that cannot be slammed, including wardrobe doors and toilet seats. I like the facilites offered (guest kitchen and laundry) even if I did not make use of them myself.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Malta

Very poor, we found cockroaches in our room. They wouldn't move our room or refund us for that night we had a really uncomfortable nights sleep. Bedroom door was also very very hard to open it had swelled therefore it took both my friend and I to open and shut it. We reported this but the staff weren't bithered. They moved us on our 2nd night which we appreciate but they point blank refused to refund us for the 1st night. I would not stay here ever again.

• 18th Jul 2015

good place if you just need a bed for the night. good value. storeroom has mice- we were both shocked to see each other. unisex toilet and internet is not free and the paid one is slow. love the kitchen though... our floor had multiple kitchens which gave me freedom to cook or heat food. also a fridge was provided in the room which ensured cold beer. nice.

We've stayed 3 nights in a double bed room, it was clean, the bed was really comfy and the staff also lent us two towels each. It feels like staying in a hotel, the bathrooms are clean and spacious. We didn't use the kitchen so I can't let a review on this point. The location is very nice, close to underground. It's a good value for money, I would gladly come back again.

1. The doors make a lot of noise when you open/close them. So, whenever someone enters/leaves their room in the corridor, you can hear it, even in the middle of the night! 2. There is a kitchen, but there is no pans nor any other cooking utensils. 3. Rooms are quite small, but if all you need is a room to stay, then it's OK. 4. Internet is 1 pound per hour!

London was very busy when we visited so prices for other hostels and hotels were so expensive - great location, clean and amazing value for money. Would definitely stay again. Only downside was check out was 11am, and when about five different rooms wanted to check out at 10:50am there was no staff to be seen, so just had to leave my key at the desk and hope for the best. Just seemed odd to have no receptionist at peek time - but I'm being picky! Pleasant stay:)

• 11th Jul 2015

Hostel was excellent- clean, comfy, private. The rooms are all separated into 4, so it's a lot like a hotel. Paying for wi-fi was a bummer though. Good stay for the money.

Easy check in and check out. Good Value

• 30th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

There was heavy construction working occurring early every morning I was there for 9 nights. If this didn't wake you up then the large gap between the wall and blinds on both sides certainly would as it let it natural light from about 5:30am at this time of year. During my stay my room was also left unlocked by a cleaner while I was away until later that night. Would definitely not recommend.

• 29th Jun 2015

Very nice experience at this hostel. Clean and quiet, feels like staying in a hotel. Really good value for money, and the location also very nice, close to underground and many nice restaurants near by.

A handy place to stay with excellent transport links into London. Friendly staff and nice clean rooms. However, some of the communal facilities could do with a few small touches such as hanging clothes hooks inside the shower doors and perhaps having tea towels/kitchen roll in the kitchens so you can clean up after using. Otherwise good value if you are backpacking or just need a room for the night.

• 20th Jun 2015

Great if you just want a place to sleep. The room was very simple, but yet everything we needed. Most importantly it was clean, there was good cupboard space for our things, fridge in the room. A bit noisy with other guests and the cleaners talking loudly and slamming doors in the corridors early in the mornings. But close to the tube, nice price.

This is a good hostel, that could be better. Some of the things like kettles and toaster did not work in some of the kitchens; so they could do with better equipment in the kitchens. I had an issue with the cleaners leaving sheets in the gangways/hallways, plus plugging an electrical device wire which could be a health and safety issue. Why not do the cleaning a bit later and make the check in time a bit later? Could also do with a bar or something in the TV room area.

I had never stayed in a hostel before, I did not know what expect I was amazed how clean and tidy it was

• 15th Jun 2015

I was really surprised, the hostel was much better than we expected!! It was right next to the tube, but the tube was pretty far both from the bus station and from the centre. I really liked that there is a 24-hour security, and a snack bar downstairs. The rooms were so cute and there were sufficient kitchens. Unfortunately there were no pots or pans in the kitchen, and every time we went into the TV room there were old men hanging around, probably long-stay guests. Felt a bit odd.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

DO NOT STAY HERE! I am a light sleeper but didn't get any sleep because the walls are paper thin!! All you hear all night and morning are people opening and closing their door and people talking. The people aren't even being that loud, it's just that the hostel was built poorly. The bathroom and showers weren't clean either. This place was very pricey for what you get, especially because breakfast and wifi was NOT included.

• 13th Jun 2015

It is a great hostel. The only negative is that they have not free wifi.

Wifi is NOT free, 1 pound for 1 hour omg

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

The hostel has a good location close to metro station and the rooms are clean and well taken care of. A few downsides would be that you have to pay for using the wifi and that the staff is rather grumpy, but all in all it's a good place if you just look for a place to spend the night and it's good value for the money paid.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4