Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

very modern in appearance but the plugs in my room were not working, the doors are so heavy that people at any time constantly bang them to close them, I could hardly sleep the days I was there and was looking forward to leaving every minute. A friend of mine came to pick me up and since they don't accept visitors she needed to wait downstairs ! I find it so unpolite !! bathrooms were not very clean, and overall, I have seen better places for the same price.

This hostel is good apart from no breakfast and no lockers in the rooms. However, Hammersmith itself reeks ' Conservatism ' and places shut early. Well there is the Weatherspoon pubs, but if you are going into Belushi's; best stay at that hostel. It can be a bit far out.

very convenient to the metro station, however, still a long way to the city center

Great hostel friendly and would stay here again

I've been staying at this hostel for a while now and it's very good. It's in a good location and reasonably priced. They clean the place everyday which is fantastic. My only criticism is that sometimes the mattresses can be very low quality. On my last visit I slept in a bed which had a dip or slump in the middle! The metal frame for the bed was completely warped. It was like sleeping in a hammock every night - my toes went numb! So beware, their bedding is hit and miss!

The staff of an accommodation place can't afford tke rude to women customers. It deters more than fifty percent of the potential custom.

The reception staff can't really be considered friendly however they did their job. The twin rooms are small but were clean and just what we needed. Good to have a fridge inside the room, though it was making a weird noise all the time. Noises were the biggest problem, door slamming at all hours made it hard to fall asleep and impossible to sleep in in the morning. Showers were ok, toilets not very clean but acceptable.

• 4th Aug 2015

No lockers. Fridge availabl No hair drying facilities in shower room. No plug sockets. Couldn't dry hair in dorm due to other guests so had to dry my hair in the kitchen. There was body wash available in shower rooms but only two sinks and no way of drying hands after going to the toilets. No hooks on doors to hand clothes when in shower or getting changed. Kitchen was clean and fitted with oven, toaster, kettle, microwave and washing liquid is available, but no pans, plates, knifes, forks etc.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Private Room: Clean and affordable accommodation in London. i stayed here while i was working in London clean and good place to rest. 8/10

On the positive side: Fridge in the room, near to the tube, bus terminal, well-equipped grocery store (Tesco Metro), only 30 minutes to Heathrow Airport by the Piccadilly Line, many restaurants in the neighbourhood, in the bathroom: 3 toilets, 4 showers, 2 sinks (but very small), outdoor area with tables. On the negative side: No cooking facilities in the kitchen like pots or pans. Why an electric stove if you can´t use it? I prefer clothes hooks on the inside of the showers (to keep the key).

Bathrooms weren't the best, kitchen was dirty and no utensils to cook with. Had to pay for wifi :( we did have a fridge in the room which was good!

Good place if you need a roof for the night, staff are miserable and unwelcoming not a single smile once.

• 24th Jul 2015

Excellent place if you are on a budget and do not expect 5 star accomodation for the price. Excellent location - easy access to the underground and good shopping and pubs very close by. I was impressed by the efforts by management to keep the place quiet, like doors that cannot be slammed, including wardrobe doors and toilet seats. I like the facilites offered (guest kitchen and laundry) even if I did not make use of them myself.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Malta

Very poor, we found cockroaches in our room. They wouldn't move our room or refund us for that night we had a really uncomfortable nights sleep. Bedroom door was also very very hard to open it had swelled therefore it took both my friend and I to open and shut it. We reported this but the staff weren't bithered. They moved us on our 2nd night which we appreciate but they point blank refused to refund us for the 1st night. I would not stay here ever again.

• 18th Jul 2015

good place if you just need a bed for the night. good value. storeroom has mice- we were both shocked to see each other. unisex toilet and internet is not free and the paid one is slow. love the kitchen though... our floor had multiple kitchens which gave me freedom to cook or heat food. also a fridge was provided in the room which ensured cold beer. nice.

We've stayed 3 nights in a double bed room, it was clean, the bed was really comfy and the staff also lent us two towels each. It feels like staying in a hotel, the bathrooms are clean and spacious. We didn't use the kitchen so I can't let a review on this point. The location is very nice, close to underground. It's a good value for money, I would gladly come back again.

1. The doors make a lot of noise when you open/close them. So, whenever someone enters/leaves their room in the corridor, you can hear it, even in the middle of the night! 2. There is a kitchen, but there is no pans nor any other cooking utensils. 3. Rooms are quite small, but if all you need is a room to stay, then it's OK. 4. Internet is 1 pound per hour!

London was very busy when we visited so prices for other hostels and hotels were so expensive - great location, clean and amazing value for money. Would definitely stay again. Only downside was check out was 11am, and when about five different rooms wanted to check out at 10:50am there was no staff to be seen, so just had to leave my key at the desk and hope for the best. Just seemed odd to have no receptionist at peek time - but I'm being picky! Pleasant stay:)

• 11th Jul 2015

Hostel was excellent- clean, comfy, private. The rooms are all separated into 4, so it's a lot like a hotel. Paying for wi-fi was a bummer though. Good stay for the money.

Easy check in and check out. Good Value