Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

Overall great hostel. Fridge and wardrobe nice touch to private room. Although, You can hear pretty much everything from the corridor and outside on the road.

• 17th Nov 2014

Slightly loud corridors due to the stone floor

• 17th Nov 2014

Very good location, staff was friendly and facilities were good. Booked a double bed room, it was basic but very clean, excellent value for money. Cleaning staff do tend to be a bit noisy in the morning while going about their business, but then again at 10 am you should be out there exploring the city :P. Overall, would recommend..

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Romania

It was my 2nd time at this hostel. Good position, clean, normal atmosphere, receptionists not very sociable but in the average. The only bad thing happend the first night: I booked a room with 4 beds even if we were 3, because we didn't want to share it with strangers. I paid for 4 people, the receptionist understood that! But that night a girl suddenly arrived in our room while we were sleeping because she was supposed to sleep in the 4th bed. They should pay more attention!

The wifi cost extra. Some of the toilets didn't flush properly.

Bad attitude of stuff. Very disappointing. Had to change three rooms to find one normal.one of them actually did not have a bed inside. Poor condition of the showers also. The stuff did not make us feel comfortable there at all. From 5 days booked we only stayed two.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Greece

Ideal for what I need the Hostel for, though a little noisy in the morning.

Perfect for the occasion that I needed this for.

I was very pleased with the helpfulness of the staff - we arrived before check in time (jetlagged) and they offered to allow us to get into our room early, which was very much appreciated. This was our first time staying at a hostel, so I'm not sure what the "norm" is as to cleaning the room. It was only cleaned once in 6 days. The staff was very responsive to my request for extra pillows and the gentleman who brought them refused my offer of a tip. Said it was "his pleasure". Very nice.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This hostel is fine, fairly clean, comfortable and has good heating. Not sure if it was just my floor but there were absolutely no cooking utensils in the kitchen and the showers weren't that warm - they also make you pay for wifi. Good value for money though and a great location - close to the tube and plenty of shops in the area.

Probably the worst hostel i've ever been to and ive been so quite a lot... it was super loud in the morning as there was a big building site just outside the hostel, which was really annoying because there is a door at the end of the hallway leading exactly to the building site and it was opened the whole morning until i checked out. we couldnt close the window properly because the handle was broken. At 10am a cleaner unlocked the room door but then realised someone was still in there.

It was the worst decision ever to stay in this hostel. It almost ruined our whole trip in London! When we arrived at around midnight, the staff did not say anything but asked us to pay, with a bad attitude. After we checked in to a room as empty as a prison, we found out that we had to pay 1 pound per hour to access to the internet, which was not clearly stated on the site. We could do nothing since we already paid. Of course, you should not expect a hairdryer or any facilities like that.

We were not allowed to have any stuff shown in the room, the cleaning lady actually moved it away. We lives in a mix dorm which was fine enough, but they could have done better with the mix of people. You need to rent kitchen tools, but when you try they tell you that they are out and you need to buy it from a supermarket.

Hey, with family we just stayed at Abercorn hostel, it was great, close to tube and markets, toilets were clean in shower we used flip flops but otherwise clean. Staff was nice and helpfull, there is kitchen to use but you should bring your own dishes. Rooms were clean, there is a construction site next to the hostel, but it's not noisy anymore. For the price it was great.

We were transferred to a 4-star hotel room closer to central london due to building works being carried out next to our room. We were well treated.

• 21st Oct 2014

I was shocked about this place, your company should finish to work with this hostel and there are bedbugs !!!

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Dear Guest, Our system shows that you stayed in room 19 for 2 nights and we cancelled one night . free of charge , .I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay in our hostel. Concerning to the room. our rooms are very clean and tidy. but what you said is was not true. you just wanted to get refund for some reason. and we can n staff, Hopefully you will take our hostel into consideration when you come to London next time. With pleasure. Barzan

Stayed here several times. Will stay here again. But still amused that the hostel provides copious kitchens on every floor along with cups, plates, saucers and cutlery -- as well as refrigerators in the dorm ... but no cooking pots. Yeah, I know the reason is that people kept nicking them. But other, less hospitable, hostels supply pots and pans on a deposit system. Have you considered this, Abercorn? Would make sense, wouldn't it?

Not the best hostel ever but it was fine for two nights while I was waiting to move in somewhere else. You would never come here when travelling to London but if you just need a place to stay then it isn't bad. Staff are awful but I only spoke to them twice (check in and check out) so it didn't bother me. It's a bit of a shame because with a few minor changes this place wouldn't be half bad. You also have to pay for the Wi-Fi hourly (what kind of hostel doesn't offer free WI-FI?!).

I only have one problem to report about the hotel, there is no wifi included, and this is ok. So, if you want to use wifi you need to pay, and also this is ok. The problem is the price. You have 2 option, 1 pound per hour or 5 pound for 5 hour. This price is crazy. That's all.

Staff were lovely but I got eaten raw by bed bugs. I have about 20 bites from one night, really wish I hadn't stayed.

• 30th Sep 2014