Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

Very good value for money, as it's really difficult to find rates like these in London. Hammersmith is nice and well connected to the city centre. The hostel is in a big, quite new building, lots and lots of rooms per floor, which might make the bathrooms very busy in high season. I was very lucky as it was off-peak and I had a whole room to myself, I would have probably minded the shortage of sockets and absence of bedlights otherwise. Overall, though, I am likely to stay again and recommend it

• 10th Dec 2014

Once again, a great stay -- if you don't count that little eccentricity of supplying multitudinous kitchens, loads of plates, cups, saucers and eating utensils, but no cooking pots. Oh well, still one of my favorite boltholes in London.

Not a traditional hostel, rather a low-cost hotel. Good points: good location, spacious and clean rooms, fridge & dishes in the room, fast wi-fi connection (not free, but quite cheap) Weak points: rooms are very cold, corridors even colder, endless noise and smell of tobacco (!!!) in the corridors.

Hostel was very clean but a bit distant from many of the main attractions. Very quiet hostel though, good for a night's sleep before our onward journey.

Got upgradd to a private room with a shared bathromm to an ensuite. So very happy! Nice warm shower and heating workign very well. The only down sides: the WiFi is not free (1£ for one hour) - the building is quite noisy

Excellent location, very safe and beautiful hostel. Enough toilets for everyone, bedrooms are quite clean in general, but be careful with bed bugs...

• 29th Nov 2014

They assigned to us one room first and another one later which weren't tided up before: bed linen and towels were dirty, used by other people who left the room that day. There was rubbish in the room as not nice environment smell. Clearly there was no cleaning service ensuring a room was ready for our arrival at 11pm. They ended up asking us to wait in reception at midnight until a cleaner tided up a room for us. Additionally, all kitchens are useless: there is NO glasses, plates, cutlery, etc.

Good for what we payed, really good location and lots of showers/toilets/kitchens on every floor. Lacked atmosphere but good if you're jut looking for somewhere to sleep and want to spend the days exploring.

Overall great hostel. Fridge and wardrobe nice touch to private room. Although, You can hear pretty much everything from the corridor and outside on the road.

• 17th Nov 2014

Slightly loud corridors due to the stone floor

• 17th Nov 2014

Very good location, staff was friendly and facilities were good. Booked a double bed room, it was basic but very clean, excellent value for money. Cleaning staff do tend to be a bit noisy in the morning while going about their business, but then again at 10 am you should be out there exploring the city :P. Overall, would recommend..

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Romania

It was my 2nd time at this hostel. Good position, clean, normal atmosphere, receptionists not very sociable but in the average. The only bad thing happend the first night: I booked a room with 4 beds even if we were 3, because we didn't want to share it with strangers. I paid for 4 people, the receptionist understood that! But that night a girl suddenly arrived in our room while we were sleeping because she was supposed to sleep in the 4th bed. They should pay more attention!

The wifi cost extra. Some of the toilets didn't flush properly.

Bad attitude of stuff. Very disappointing. Had to change three rooms to find one normal.one of them actually did not have a bed inside. Poor condition of the showers also. The stuff did not make us feel comfortable there at all. From 5 days booked we only stayed two.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Greece

Ideal for what I need the Hostel for, though a little noisy in the morning.

Perfect for the occasion that I needed this for.

I was very pleased with the helpfulness of the staff - we arrived before check in time (jetlagged) and they offered to allow us to get into our room early, which was very much appreciated. This was our first time staying at a hostel, so I'm not sure what the "norm" is as to cleaning the room. It was only cleaned once in 6 days. The staff was very responsive to my request for extra pillows and the gentleman who brought them refused my offer of a tip. Said it was "his pleasure". Very nice.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This hostel is fine, fairly clean, comfortable and has good heating. Not sure if it was just my floor but there were absolutely no cooking utensils in the kitchen and the showers weren't that warm - they also make you pay for wifi. Good value for money though and a great location - close to the tube and plenty of shops in the area.

Probably the worst hostel i've ever been to and ive been so quite a lot... it was super loud in the morning as there was a big building site just outside the hostel, which was really annoying because there is a door at the end of the hallway leading exactly to the building site and it was opened the whole morning until i checked out. we couldnt close the window properly because the handle was broken. At 10am a cleaner unlocked the room door but then realised someone was still in there.

It was the worst decision ever to stay in this hostel. It almost ruined our whole trip in London! When we arrived at around midnight, the staff did not say anything but asked us to pay, with a bad attitude. After we checked in to a room as empty as a prison, we found out that we had to pay 1 pound per hour to access to the internet, which was not clearly stated on the site. We could do nothing since we already paid. Of course, you should not expect a hairdryer or any facilities like that.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5