Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

There were bed bugs! Horrible! And I didn't get a refund.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Spain

no free wifi, horrible atmosphere, staff doesn't explain anything. construction work doesnt let you sleep and windows are broken. I wouldnt recommend it!

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Austria

I was disappointed with this hostel. I checked in an hour early and was told this was fine, but the dorm was full of rubbish and the beds had dirty sheets. This was fixed but I would rather have been told to wait, or that the room wasn't ready. The rooms did not have safes for valuables and there were not enough power points. The staff were rude. The internet costs money which is deceptive because it doesn't say in the description. Please provide free wifi for guests, all other hostels do!!

Room was basic but newly refurbished and very clean. Staff were friendly. However, there was no garden/outside area to sit. Our room was right next to reception with no sound proofing so got woken up a couple of times.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

The worst problem was the mattress, we could barely sleep in it, it was too old and we could feel every of its spring in our back. Then the noise, of course we could hear all of our neighbors both in their room and the corridor but the staff guy cleaning the floor and thus hitting every metal tube with its broom at 7h30 on a sunday morning was unexpected. Location is quite convenient and cleanliness is acceptable but I would definitely choose another option next time so I can sleep.

Spent the evening in a private room prior to a job interview in the city - the place very loud (there was also a building site next door) and very basic (the private shared showers were actually shared throughout the entire floor, not just a handful of rooms). Much better value available in and around London

A hook in the shower would be very useful! Apart from that, everything was ok.

Construction work next door that will wake you up at 8am onwards. Drunk people coming back and people going out early slamming doors (hinged double doors). Staff make you feel unwelcome and put as little effort in as possible. Asked for an extra pillow and they denied. Room is just a bed (crappy), wardobe, cupboard, fridge and tiny metal chair. Blinds were broken and let light in. Showers were either very hot or very cold. Having said this..it is a 1 min walk from Hammersmith tube station.

• 9th Sep 2014

(+) room is clean, every floor has kitchen and bathroom, has laundry room, location is near to Hammersmith bus station and tube station, there are halal restaurant near it, the room quite complete (-) you have to ask daily for room service, one time they want to clean up your room in the middle of the night while you are ready for sleep, the dry machine is bad : my laundry still wet, no free wifi, the sound of the door but it acceptable since it is a fire door, there are no cooking utensils

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Indonesia

Noise comming from building site next to the hostel was unbearable. Also I'd love to congratulate the char for messing our belongings up more then cleaning up.

Great hostel, good beds but the doors slam which wake you up in the night several times.

The block directly next to the hostel is a giant mound of rubble undergoing very loud construction work. I feel someone should have mentioned that during the booking process. Wi-fi is not free; you must purchase it by the hour. Are you guys really that strapped for cash? The staff aren't exactly rude or unhelpful, but definitely not polite or helpful either.

• 3rd Sep 2014

We were two parties that booked together but when we requested to pay separately we were told we were giving the staff member a headache, and asked us to work out ourselves what we owed. When we asked where locally where was a good place for breakfast we were greeted with a shrug and told just go on up that road, there is a few places that way.

• 2nd Sep 2014

I always stay here when in London because it's location is great (just next to the Hammersmith tube stop and a number of grocery stores) and they give you plates and cutlery in the rooms. Kitchens are good and clean. Some showers are on a timers, some are not.

No pots available in kitchen, had to be bought in store at reception. Not enough mugs and cutlery for number of people in room.

Bathrooms were very gross water everywhere and toilets weren't flushed. Nowhere to hang your things when you shower. Staff said about 2 words to us and weren't particularly friendly. Sheets had stains.

keep it up!

• 24th Aug 2014

WARNING! PESTS ARE PRESENT! I stayed at Abercorn House for about a week, and as early as on my second day I heard the Word 'bedbugs'. Some of my roommates had already been at the reception to complain about some soars which they have got during the night. The only thing the staff told us then was to spray with some 'bugkiller' (which they have bought very cheap I can imagined). But it did not stop the bedbugs from bitting. Not at all. And the staff did still refrain from doing anything!

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

I passed only one night in this hostel, but I had a wonderful experience. The hostel is near to the city centre and the rooms are very cleaner. Firstly, I had a room with shared bathroom, but the window's handle was broken. Immediately, the staff changed my room and they gave me a room with en-suite bathroom, without extra. I recommend to everyone this hostel!

• 16th Aug 2014

All in all is a good value for money !! Excellent facilities, although you could have some hooks and benches in the bathrooms !! 4/5 stars !!!

• 15th Aug 2014