Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

I passed only one night in this hostel, but I had a wonderful experience. The hostel is near to the city centre and the rooms are very cleaner. Firstly, I had a room with shared bathroom, but the window's handle was broken. Immediately, the staff changed my room and they gave me a room with en-suite bathroom, without extra. I recommend to everyone this hostel!

• 16th Aug 2014

All in all is a good value for money !! Excellent facilities, although you could have some hooks and benches in the bathrooms !! 4/5 stars !!!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

I only stayed for a night, but was very pleased. I stayed in a double room, so I can't say anything about the bigger rooms, but ours was perfect. The room was clean, the sheets were washed. Everything seemed recently renovated. The attached bathroom was small but contained everything you'd need (sink, toilet, shower). You get a small fridge and even 2 plates, cups, bowls and cutlery. It's a cheap hotel, so don't expect too much but I was surprised with what I got. Good and friendly service.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

everything was great except for a couple things: - the water in the shower was too hot and we can't change it. - i ordered a double bed but was given a twin bed. everything else was fine. :)

Really good location, nice little shop by recption area to pick up supplies :-) It was a little noisey at times, builders were outside our window early in morning. Shower handle kept on falling off and the shower drain was broken, however you get what you pay for :-)

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Wales

If you're going to stay here, I'd advise getting in touch to see what the state of the construction is. (The staff responds to email quickly.) When we stayed (August 2014) the building -- a shaft directly across from our room -- was under construction and the one next door was being demolished. Very loud construction noise began from both locations at 7 or 8 am every day.

The hostel is located in a very good area, but it is not cleaned very often and is also bad cleaned, when that is ever done. They also don't change toilet papers and soaps very often. The owners weren't very friendly and on the last day when I asked if the receptionist if he could ask for a cab, he said it would cost 45 pounds, the same I hired for myself later costing 23 pounds. Generally, the structure is very good but the staff is far from being.

Could have been friendlier. If people are staying in hostels and working, then they ought to remember that the majority are on holiday; surely a private room be better. I wish men/woman who have long black hair and know that their hair falls out, when showering would clean up afterwards. This hostel could have been better, once again; no hooks in the showers!! Once they are up, then they are up! The cleaners got in the way a bit. They had painters in right at the height of summer! No atmosphere.

it was a very hot weekend so it was hard to sleep and even though the room was on the ground floor the outside corridor had no air so the room was boiling, no air con. There were building works just outside the window from 8 am and someone decided to do his washing and talked loudly outside the window from 7 am, we had to have the window open for air and it woke us, grrr! It was however an excellent location and good value for money.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Sometimes it would be good to add some more toilet paper in the toilets.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Dear Sir/Madam Caitlyn is in Europe, so unable to respond, but she did advise that the bed had bed bugs and she was bitten as was her friend (twin room). I paid the deposit to yourselves Hostelworld. the deposit never ever came off their bill, they kept telling the girls and me via email that it was a deposit paid to hostel world and had nothing to do with them. So basically I paid AUD80 for what, nothing. The rest of the stay went well. karen.boulton@captainschoice.com.au

• 23rd Jul 2014

A bit noisy when the doors bang shut

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Wales

Pros- people that stay there are super friendly. Kitchen is awesome Cons-If it's a heatwave the rooms are a sauna. Also doors slam shut which is a pain.

What was good about this place was the 24 hour reception desk! What was bad: constant slamming of doors, the lack of free wifi (it costs 1 pound per hour!), the coldness of the place. The staff were basically very brisk. I would say it was 'okay' for its price--nothing to recommend really.

Staff behind the desk got into a fight with the guy in front of me over the washing machines, told the guest, 'I'll take you outside and mess you up.' Hostel was clean and price ok, but the desk staff was the worst I've ever experienced. I will not be back.

Great facilities at the hostel: kitchen and showers on every floor. Separate toilets for ladies/men were great and clean. TV room/outdoors area good to hang out. Room was spacious, clean and organized, but the minifridge was very noisy, door lock was way too noisy. Great value for the money especially for the location. Reception staff that welcomed us was kinda rude but other staff were nice. Expensive wifi (1 pound per hour). Got EE 4G data for £20 at King's Mall.

• 13th Jul 2014

Rooms were fairly clean, bathrooms sometimes not so much. Especially as some toilets didn't flush. Doors are very loud, so it's difficult to sleep without earplugs. Apart from that, very good value for money and the location is unbeatable. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Was at hostel with my wife for Marxism festival. First thing that struck me was the sheer cleanliness of the place (very much appreciated), each floor having about three kitchens and one or two ladies and gents shared toilets/showers, all kept clean throughout the day. The room itself was a good size with fridge, cupboard, drawers, table, two chairs with plates/bowls and some cutlery. Internal shop prices very good. Only slight criticism is that they should make clear how to order fresh towels.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

really nice hostel. near underground station. we had a double room with toilet and shower. good quality

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Everything was okay. There were only two cons: other guests smoked weed and the building next to the hostel was demolished by workers (and that was noisy)

• 8th Jul 2014