Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

Would definitely go back

• 22nd Jan 2016

We stayed here for a night. Once we arrived we got a free upgrade to a twin room instead of sharing a room with others, which of course was super nice of them to do. The wifi is not free, 5 pounds for 24 hours or 1 pound for 1 hour of internet access. This is a slight disappointment since there are many other hostels who offer free wifi. The distance from the closest underground (Hammersmith) is only a 2 minute walk which is really nice.

We found that the lack of free wifi was the biggest problem. The second one bigger problem was about the ambience which was marked by the lack of polite and friendly relationship of the reception functioners. No breakfast also. The kitchen was not was not prepared to have cookcooking activities as there were no instruments at all, only the stove and the microondas. And the bathes (toilets also)which were outside the rooms have too much winds with doors and windows not adequate to protectprotec

A nice, clean hostel. The cleanliness was the only saving grace however. The staff were rude at times and the wifi was ridiculously expensieve which was a huge inconvinience given this hostel was quite antisocial. More like a cheap hotel with shared bathrooms.

A great place to stay a little bit outside of central London for a little less money. Not much to do in the location, but it is very close to the tube station!

The place was clean enough the staff not very friendly and the cleaners started cleaning at 9am banging doors and not really having any concern for the guests being s sleep I wouldn't stay here again

• 12th Dec 2015

I think the hostel location is good, near to train and bus stations. So it is convenient to stay there while i was in London. Recommend staying the the hostel for short stay.

This hostel could be so great. I mean it has amazing location, looks very nice and is clean. It also provides good value for money. Unless you want internet, then it's £1 / hour which is completely ridiculous in 2015/16. Security is good when you have single room + there are cameras everywhere, but when you're in shared room, then it blows, because than almost anyone can enter your room. Staff is ok, nothing special, nothing bad. Then there are the doors. They are loud, I mean really. Fix them.

I make a reserved for ensuite.but i get shared bathroom.

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Malaysia

Excellent location for transport links. Beds very comfortable.

• 20th Nov 2015

Noisy workers in the morning

Second time I've stayed for work purposes. Clean, quiet, great and convenient location. Fridge in the room is a nice touch. I'd stay again if I'm working out that way.

This place was terrible. They cheat you out of internet. The doors slam super hard and you can't sleep at night because people are coming in and out. The staff was incredibly cold and unhelpful - It was a terrible atmosphere. Definitely not a hostel you want to go to if you want something pleasant.

• 7th Nov 2015

Great location for west London, tube and buses round the corner. A bit soulless and bland, but practical. Fridges and food plates in the rooms is a nice touch.

Massive hostel which needs some work. Toilets were blocked. Bathrooms had mould growing in them. No mirrors in room.

• 4th Nov 2015

not difficult to find it from tube. It looks clean,simple. but the bathroom is not thatbig. Wash stand and shower booth are very SMALL! You can not get hot water from there. When it comes to cleaming, they do not check everyday. We can not help leaving wet towels which are disgusting and we took care of our rubbish. It took almost 3 days for them to cleam our room. You need to ask them to clean. It was noisy bc there is construction going on. staff was not kind at all.

24 hour reception was great for late checkin. Bathrooms were unfortunately dirty and shower spaces were too small. Good location

Before arriving I had read negative reviews about members of staff in this hostel. I can honestly say I was met with a very warm welcome, smiles from the reception staff - They even changed a £10 note for coins so we could pay the parking ticket with no fuss at all.

• 31st Oct 2015

It is not the best hostel I have ever been, not the worst either. The room are mixed, I was the only girl among 3 other men. Security is very poor, they don't ever ask your ID and/or contact details if this is any problem.

Personally, both of felt not safe staying there. The staff did their minimal amount of work to make sure our stay was good. It was loud all night, never had more than four hours sleep at a time. I hope other people have a better stay than us.

« first « Prev 1 2 3