Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

Was very pleasantly surprised at the room upon arrival. It looked recently done up and spotless, which I wasnt expecting at 25 quid each in london. Only problem we had was that we had a door directly outside our room which was frequently used and slammed very loudly, along with very thin walls this lead to a sleepless night. Also a little bit far from central london although very close and handy for the tube it was a 20-30 min journey to attractions in the centre

Abercorn House is a excellent hostel. I stayed in a twin en-suite room and it was very comfortable with a nice bathroom. The staff at the reception are very friendly and helpful. On previous visits I have stayed in the dorms and also double room with shared bathroom. These rooms are also very nice and the shared bathrooms were clean and plentiful and so are the kitchens. I would highly reccommend Abercorn house hostel. highly reccomend Abercor

On arrival we were told we had an upgrade to a twin room with an ensuit, which was brilliant news and the room was right near the reception, simple to find.. However at night the noise was very loud as it is a 24 hour receptions and we often got woken up by staff and others. However the room itself was good, fridge and wardrobe and the ensuit facilities were clean, the beds were also comfortable for the one night that we stayed and very good for location and price :)

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Wales

Staff were rude but place was great would stay there again, just don't expect much in the way of a freindly face.

• 19th Mar 2015

Clean but small (max 6m2) room with terribly unconfortable double bed. Seriously you must change the materace! This one in room no 14 is too soft. Backs hurt us now :( Staff very friendly and helpfull. Thank you.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Lots of comments point out rude staff. I can only say the best things about both guys I talked to. Nice, hospitable, decent, helpful. Great Plus points for a clean room. Minus points for cold and noise isolation - it is nonexistent, if people in the opposite room talk to each other, you can hear them as if they were standing right next to you. Doors cannot be closed in a quiet way. But - this is a hostel, not a five star hotel, and for that you get a very good value.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Slovakia

We were quite disappointed with our stay: very noisy due to the very thin walls, very uncomfortable, old and too short bed and nobody really cared. Pitifully we would not recommend this hostel.

cons: some things in the room were broken (window wouldn't shut properly, ladder for bunk bed was broken). the showers were clean but smelled bad it was quite noisy, but mostly on the week-end, when music was playing outside pros: the room was cleaned every other day watercooker in the kitchen they provided us with towels, cutlery and plates and there was a fridge in the room the hostel was pretty close to the tubestation (5 mins walk) and there are a LOT of shops near it.

Cold floors! But the coffe you can buy is awesome!

I have been in many places in London but this is the worst. The staff (reception) are really really rude. They are not going to help you and if they have to, It is going to be in a really rough way. You have to pay for the internet and it is ridicolously slow. For that price, there are lots of options better than this one. I would never go back again. I have been there 2 weeks and I really wanted to go out that place.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Abercorn House Hostel is a very nice place to stay. The staff at the reception are friendly and helpful, the rooms are comfortable and clean and the facillities are good. I would recommend it as a excellent place to stay.

Location was ok and near enough to bus and train lines but the Hostel itself was poorly maintained. The private ensuite I rented was tiny (but acceptable) but the furniture in the room was broken, walls were dirty, and the sink was clogged. I knew ahead of time that I would be charged for wifi, but they scratch card system they used made it so that each person had to pay for wi-fi separately, and the signal was not strong enough to reach my room so we had to use wifi in the common room.

• 27th Feb 2015

The shared bathroom is terrible, there is no place to leave your stuff while taking shower. And the internet is not free, you have to pay for each hour of use.

• 27th Feb 2015

Very clear place, quite, 1 minute from the underground and cheaper.... I am satisfied of my choose

• 27th Feb 2015

Unfriendly stuff, loveless furnished double rooms, showers aren't hot, walls are very thin so that you can hear everything, extremely loud. I would definitely not recommend this hostel.

• 27th Feb 2015

Shower is cold and is very very weak. Bathroom is cold. Good location, clean. Good value for money.

clean, cheap, quiet, well-located - basically all I needed

We really enjoyed our stay. A few small issues: the room was extremely warm in the night and we couldnt figure out how to turn the radiator off, and there was no bedside lamp.

• 21st Feb 2015

Would recommend anytime

• 21st Feb 2015

Stayed in a double ensuite, room wasn't perfect but good enough!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4