Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

A handy place to stay with excellent transport links into London. Friendly staff and nice clean rooms. However, some of the communal facilities could do with a few small touches such as hanging clothes hooks inside the shower doors and perhaps having tea towels/kitchen roll in the kitchens so you can clean up after using. Otherwise good value if you are backpacking or just need a room for the night.

• 20th Jun 2015

Great if you just want a place to sleep. The room was very simple, but yet everything we needed. Most importantly it was clean, there was good cupboard space for our things, fridge in the room. A bit noisy with other guests and the cleaners talking loudly and slamming doors in the corridors early in the mornings. But close to the tube, nice price.

This is a good hostel, that could be better. Some of the things like kettles and toaster did not work in some of the kitchens; so they could do with better equipment in the kitchens. I had an issue with the cleaners leaving sheets in the gangways/hallways, plus plugging an electrical device wire which could be a health and safety issue. Why not do the cleaning a bit later and make the check in time a bit later? Could also do with a bar or something in the TV room area.

I had never stayed in a hostel before, I did not know what expect I was amazed how clean and tidy it was

• 15th Jun 2015

I was really surprised, the hostel was much better than we expected!! It was right next to the tube, but the tube was pretty far both from the bus station and from the centre. I really liked that there is a 24-hour security, and a snack bar downstairs. The rooms were so cute and there were sufficient kitchens. Unfortunately there were no pots or pans in the kitchen, and every time we went into the TV room there were old men hanging around, probably long-stay guests. Felt a bit odd.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

DO NOT STAY HERE! I am a light sleeper but didn't get any sleep because the walls are paper thin!! All you hear all night and morning are people opening and closing their door and people talking. The people aren't even being that loud, it's just that the hostel was built poorly. The bathroom and showers weren't clean either. This place was very pricey for what you get, especially because breakfast and wifi was NOT included.

• 13th Jun 2015

It is a great hostel. The only negative is that they have not free wifi.

Wifi is NOT free, 1 pound for 1 hour omg

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

The hostel has a good location close to metro station and the rooms are clean and well taken care of. A few downsides would be that you have to pay for using the wifi and that the staff is rather grumpy, but all in all it's a good place if you just look for a place to spend the night and it's good value for the money paid.

Nice, quite peaceful place, friendly staff and clean rooms. Hostel is quite ascetic, but that's just a small drawback.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Finland

I stayed over two nights. After the first night the cleaning person changed my sheets and cleaned by bed, even though I've left a few items on it to signalise that the bed was occupied: my jewellery, my printed travelling plans and my underwear under the pillow. I found my papers and jewellery tucked away in some obscure spot, and my bra spread over the chair in the middle of the room, impossible to overlook. I shared the room with three men and I did not appreciate my underwear being exposed.

• 6th Jun 2015

Hostel doesn't offer free wifi..

• 5th Jun 2015

Facilities are very poor. No hot water.

I stay here because it is convenient and because I actually like its eccentricities. Upside: Great Hammersmith location, spotlessly clean, small dorms, good kitchens. Downside: That odd refusal to supply cooking pots, too many long-term stayers who co-opt storage space, no lockers, manic cleaning at all hours of the day and night, and -- most importantly -- no free wifi. Still, Hammersmith library is just around the corner.

The location was really good as there were at least 2 supermarkets and multiple shops (e.g. Primark) nearby, and Hammersmith station was served by 2 Tube lines. However, it would have been better if more furniture was provided in the rooms, and if more showers had warm water.

Very . . . industrial. There's absolutely no character. The hostel is clean enough, but there are some frustrating things. The bathrooms have very small sinks with no shelves or anything to use at night for toiletries. The showers are push button showers, so they turn off every 30 seconds or so, and the water wasn't warm at all. The kitchens are very bare. Each room has a mini fridge and some plates and forks and such in it. Location is ok, not great. Fine for a stop over place to sleep I guess.

No hot shower during our stay.

Absolutely appalling service. I have had to contact trading standards who are launching a full investigation. The hotel staff are the most sarcastic, insulting and intimidating I have ever come across. I simply did not feel safe at the hotel. The receptionist and manager quite blatantly spoke in another language in front of me laughing and making me feel very unsafe. They changed the cancellation policy on the spot, an illegal practice. When I raised my concerns, they were hostile and rude.

• 5th May 2015
  • Northern Ireland

thank you for your comment . as i have cheded your booking . you stayed 2 nights . and we refund 4 nights & 1 night you have been for LATE CANCELATION You are not telling the turh, the manager DID NOT see you at all. 2nd You are rude and Al you want is refund . and we did that .. what ever you said is not tru becasue . We recived phone call from your family and told us to look after you . We do have al recoords. plesae i am asking hostelworld.com to remove this comment .

I didn't like that I had to pay for the wifi. I'd rather pay the room more to have wifi 24h included. Also, I had to pay by cash even though credit card was an available payment methods'. Regardless, the room was small but good enough to stay 3 nights and the position was excellent: Many restaurants, a mall, two metro lines, many buses, a riverside walk in just few steps from the hostel. It was very easy to go and come from london city center at any time.

wifi was expensive, no idea if breakfast was given or not. Nobody gave me the information.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4