Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

Staff were rude but place was great would stay there again, just don't expect much in the way of a freindly face.

• 19th Mar 2015

Clean but small (max 6m2) room with terribly unconfortable double bed. Seriously you must change the materace! This one in room no 14 is too soft. Backs hurt us now :( Staff very friendly and helpfull. Thank you.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Lots of comments point out rude staff. I can only say the best things about both guys I talked to. Nice, hospitable, decent, helpful. Great Plus points for a clean room. Minus points for cold and noise isolation - it is nonexistent, if people in the opposite room talk to each other, you can hear them as if they were standing right next to you. Doors cannot be closed in a quiet way. But - this is a hostel, not a five star hotel, and for that you get a very good value.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Slovakia

We were quite disappointed with our stay: very noisy due to the very thin walls, very uncomfortable, old and too short bed and nobody really cared. Pitifully we would not recommend this hostel.

cons: some things in the room were broken (window wouldn't shut properly, ladder for bunk bed was broken). the showers were clean but smelled bad it was quite noisy, but mostly on the week-end, when music was playing outside pros: the room was cleaned every other day watercooker in the kitchen they provided us with towels, cutlery and plates and there was a fridge in the room the hostel was pretty close to the tubestation (5 mins walk) and there are a LOT of shops near it.

Cold floors! But the coffe you can buy is awesome!

I have been in many places in London but this is the worst. The staff (reception) are really really rude. They are not going to help you and if they have to, It is going to be in a really rough way. You have to pay for the internet and it is ridicolously slow. For that price, there are lots of options better than this one. I would never go back again. I have been there 2 weeks and I really wanted to go out that place.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Abercorn House Hostel is a very nice place to stay. The staff at the reception are friendly and helpful, the rooms are comfortable and clean and the facillities are good. I would recommend it as a excellent place to stay.

• 27th Feb 2015

Location was ok and near enough to bus and train lines but the Hostel itself was poorly maintained. The private ensuite I rented was tiny (but acceptable) but the furniture in the room was broken, walls were dirty, and the sink was clogged. I knew ahead of time that I would be charged for wifi, but they scratch card system they used made it so that each person had to pay for wi-fi separately, and the signal was not strong enough to reach my room so we had to use wifi in the common room.

• 27th Feb 2015

The shared bathroom is terrible, there is no place to leave your stuff while taking shower. And the internet is not free, you have to pay for each hour of use.

• 27th Feb 2015

Very clear place, quite, 1 minute from the underground and cheaper.... I am satisfied of my choose

• 27th Feb 2015

Unfriendly stuff, loveless furnished double rooms, showers aren't hot, walls are very thin so that you can hear everything, extremely loud. I would definitely not recommend this hostel.

• 27th Feb 2015

Shower is cold and is very very weak. Bathroom is cold. Good location, clean. Good value for money.

clean, cheap, quiet, well-located - basically all I needed

We really enjoyed our stay. A few small issues: the room was extremely warm in the night and we couldnt figure out how to turn the radiator off, and there was no bedside lamp.

• 21st Feb 2015

Would recommend anytime

• 21st Feb 2015

Stayed in a double ensuite, room wasn't perfect but good enough!

Excellent value for the money! Very clean rooms and bathrooms! It's a bit out of the way for London City Centre, but as we were there for a concert at the Shepherds Bush Empire the location was perfect. Even if one wants to see London City, for the value it's no big deal taking the Underground for 20 minutes.

This Hostel is ok if you just want a cheap room in London for one night, but personally I wouldn't be able to stay here longer than just one night. The rooms themselves are just basic, rooms and beds are clean but they don't have a bathroom or toilet. The toilets are just the same as public toilets with cubicles and I didn't use the showers. The cleaners are rude as one came in shouting we need to check out and we would be charged, when we didn't need to check out yet and weren't charged.

• 14th Feb 2015

Dear Sir you booked twin shared shower &toilet if you booked suite room different price and check out time before 11 am because we have to clean the room to gave the room to other booking best regards

My comment was left in danish: Da vi ankom til hostellet, var de desværre igang med at renovere ved vores værelser, så vi blev sendt med gratis taxa fra Abercorn, ind til Gonative (4-stjernet hotel) midt i London - uden ekstra betaling! Derfor kan jeg ikke rigtig vide hvordan det var på abercorn, men servicen var da fuld i top! Tusind tak for jeres venlighed!!

• 13th Feb 2015