Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

The hostel was very simple, but we had all we needed and even more (the fridge for example). Good value for the money we paid, I wouldn't mind to go back there if staying at London again.

Staff were very helpful and approachable. An improvement would be some cushioning of the doors when they close. They bang and echo through the building disturbing the peacefulness of the surround. thanks to all who made it an enjoyable stay.

• 9th Apr 2014

Security - the fire escape: anyone could have gone to the hostel despite cameras (I highly doubt they were watches all the time). The luggage room was outside in not really secure place also. Location: 4 tube lines, even though it wasnt close to the center the connection was good Staff: they were behind glass, they did just what they needed, no extra help, we even hesitated to ask questions not to bother them clean: rooms fine, women bathroom hair everywhere even after cleaning no free wifi

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

Clean the bedroom !

• 4th Apr 2014

Though it's good to be aware that cleaning does go on wherever you stay, the smell of disinfectant at this hostel was overpowering (even in the bedrooms). The sounds of doors slamming shut throughout the night also meant that sleeping for any length of time was impossible - even in a private room.

Next time I'm in London I'll stay here. stayed in 4 hostels drriing 10 days in England. This was the best.!

Finally, I have the answer why Abercorn House has the odd policy of not supplying cooking utensils though it has copious kitchens. It all has to do with the poor housekeeping habits of some hostel guests twinned with the Abercorn emphasis on cleanliness and hygiene. Good show, Abercorn. After many nights in hostels infested by filthy young people who cannot clean up after themselves, this attitude is a breath of freshness. Abercorn House, you now are my Number One pied-a-terre in London.

Just what you are looking for. Great location, close to the center and ridiculously close to Hammersmith station. The rooms are just okay, they are clean, not decorated, nothing fancy, but kind of new, not in a state of decay, as many hostels are nowadays. If you are looking for a place to rest and spend the rest of the day sightseeing, this is the place. The staff... Not perceivable, but you don't need it, anyway. If you are looking for a friendly atmosphere or somenthing, not your place.

The hostel was super clean and nice. The only negative thing was that as it was cleaned daily with apparently very strong cleaning agents the whole hostel smelled of them. Sometimes during the day so much that if you stayed in the hallway (where the smell was the strongest) for a while your head would start to hurt. Didn't bother us too much thought as the only time we spent at the hostel was in our room sleeping. At least showers and toilets were definitely clean and so was the room:D

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Finland

Not what you expect from a hostel to backpackers. It's more a place to live for a few weeks (which most people do). They got confused with my reservation, and there was someone in my bed when arrived late at night.

Would definitely recommend this place to anyone on a budget who is staying in London for a number of nights. Close to the tube, close to the city centre and the hostels facilities are new and very clean. Great value for money!

• 5th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

I was at Abercorn Hostel for 3 nights. The location is great, less than 2 min from the tube station, where you can take Piccadilly, Circle, District and Hammersmith lines. The hostel was really clean, they change our towells once. You have to pay for the wifi, 1 pound/hour and theres not a really "hostel atmosphere", I would say that is nearer to be a hotel in this way.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Spain

I miss the community room. The people too are separated from each other. At least at the buffet tables and chairs could be. The cleaning the corridors and sanitary places neatly kept ok, but our room in the trash can not emptied once during the three days.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Hungary

I stayed at the hostel on the 28th Feb 2014. No issues with how clean it was infact found it to be cleaner than most hotels. only trouble I found is there was little to none on the security front. anyone could gain access to hotel anytime. some of the residents were very noisy. The toilets and wash facilities were quite a way from my room. there was a lot of blood over the floor and toilet handle which worried my partner allot . this made our stay unpleasant.

• 28th Feb 2014

The hostel was located very close to the tube. My room felt clean and the shower was very nice (single bed room). The staff were very nice. Spent most my time out of the hostel. It's a great spot if you want an affordable, clean place to stay. They had plates and cutlery in my room which was convenient. No cooking equipment in the kitchen but I only used the microwave. I would stay there again.

Great location, ideal for a weekend with friends but not advisable for sole travelers who wish to cook in. Kitchen equipment none existent and no hostel social atmosphere.

It was very clean and in comparison to my other London experiences, it was one of the best accommodations I had - particularly the value for the price was great. I would definitely come back in the future.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Czech Republic

The room was very clean and very warm. It has a fridge inside that is quite handy. However, we could not sleep at all because it was very noisy: people in the corridors, the cleaners shouting and the receptionist did not seem to be worried about it because they did nothing to make them been quiet.

Abercorn House Hostel was great! Clean, spacious, and modern hostel with an easy process for checking-in and out. We definitiely recommend it! Thank you!

• 15th Feb 2014

Everything was wonderfull , people, acomodation, clen room, nice room... :) thank U.

• 14th Feb 2014