Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

Basic Hostel. We stayed in the deluxe double ensuite room. It was very small, and basic. but if you just want a comfy bed, and somewhere not too expensive, then it's a good stay. It's a quit hostel, no loud noise, on a cul-de-sac street, so no traffic.

The Abercorn House Hostel is very clean and in a good condition. Nice bedrooms and big bathrooms. It is in a good location cause the bus- and underground station are just a two minute walk away. For London it's a very good price as well. I can really recommend it!

• 9th Jan 2015

the hostel is situated in a very noisy side of town. At night, sirens are going off, and traffic is loud. During the day there is a construction site next door. they put me in a room that had a power generator right outside my window and i couldn't sleep. But staff were helpful and moved me to a more quiet room. The hostel needs better windows that shut out the noise.

COLD shared toilet and shower room!!

• 1st Jan 2015

The hostel location is good, close to the tube and the rooms are clean. The staff are not very friendly or helpful. You have to pay for which is very annoying. There are no lockers or anything in the rooms to store valuables. The bathrooms are dirty and the showers on our level didn't even work. People, including staff, are always smoking in the fire escapes which makes all the hallways smell like cigarettes despite no smoking signs.

• 31st Dec 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel, however was extremely put off by this odd stain/gunk on the wall near the bed pillows in what I think was room 312. It looked as if someone sneezed in their hand and rubbed it on the wall. My stay was so lovely, but cannot get that image of the green stain on the wall out of my mind! If that odd mark wasn't there (it really was very gross)- Id highly recommend staying there!

• 31st Dec 2014

to warm, to noise and staff very rude, the only thing ok was the location

• 29th Dec 2014

No secure storage in rooms. This should be a basic facility in a dorm room. Paid for internet speed was very slow. Not many showers, it was quiet for my stay so this wasn't a problem, but if the hostel had been full I suspect it would have been a major hassle. Otherwise a good, basic, hostel in a very good location. Suspect I'll return again.

The doors are very thin, so you can hear everything that is going on in the hallway. If they were to improve this, this would be a very good place to stay!

Staff didn't seem bothered when I walked in, just took my reservation and gave me a key. The socket in my room was broken, half of it showing but apart from that, was quiet, got some sleep and the work next door didn't effect anything. Very close to the tube!

Very good value for money, as it's really difficult to find rates like these in London. Hammersmith is nice and well connected to the city centre. The hostel is in a big, quite new building, lots and lots of rooms per floor, which might make the bathrooms very busy in high season. I was very lucky as it was off-peak and I had a whole room to myself, I would have probably minded the shortage of sockets and absence of bedlights otherwise. Overall, though, I am likely to stay again and recommend it

• 10th Dec 2014

Once again, a great stay -- if you don't count that little eccentricity of supplying multitudinous kitchens, loads of plates, cups, saucers and eating utensils, but no cooking pots. Oh well, still one of my favorite boltholes in London.

Not a traditional hostel, rather a low-cost hotel. Good points: good location, spacious and clean rooms, fridge & dishes in the room, fast wi-fi connection (not free, but quite cheap) Weak points: rooms are very cold, corridors even colder, endless noise and smell of tobacco (!!!) in the corridors.

Hostel was very clean but a bit distant from many of the main attractions. Very quiet hostel though, good for a night's sleep before our onward journey.

Got upgradd to a private room with a shared bathromm to an ensuite. So very happy! Nice warm shower and heating workign very well. The only down sides: the WiFi is not free (1£ for one hour) - the building is quite noisy

Excellent location, very safe and beautiful hostel. Enough toilets for everyone, bedrooms are quite clean in general, but be careful with bed bugs...

• 29th Nov 2014

They assigned to us one room first and another one later which weren't tided up before: bed linen and towels were dirty, used by other people who left the room that day. There was rubbish in the room as not nice environment smell. Clearly there was no cleaning service ensuring a room was ready for our arrival at 11pm. They ended up asking us to wait in reception at midnight until a cleaner tided up a room for us. Additionally, all kitchens are useless: there is NO glasses, plates, cutlery, etc.

Good for what we payed, really good location and lots of showers/toilets/kitchens on every floor. Lacked atmosphere but good if you're jut looking for somewhere to sleep and want to spend the days exploring.

Overall great hostel. Fridge and wardrobe nice touch to private room. Although, You can hear pretty much everything from the corridor and outside on the road.

• 17th Nov 2014

Slightly loud corridors due to the stone floor

• 17th Nov 2014