7.1
Very Good 3,014 Total Reviews
7.1
Very Good 3,014 Total Reviews
Abercorn House Hostel Located at 28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London.
England
London W6 7DS 28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith
71% 3014
51.4939959 -0.2222156
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 25-30
24th Sep 2016
2.6

This place is more like a half way house There are massive men all over the place that just creep around that live there full time The place is filthy there was litterlly dirt in most toilets showers smelt like wet dog Did not feel safe no lockers at all We actually felt so unsafe that we left and didn't end up staying there It's horrible

• Iceland, Couple, 25-30
12th Sep 2016

I'm a frequent customer of this hostel and have been for years and I always recommend it to other people. However, this time and reason why it's not getting a 10 in my rating is that the cleaning staff caused quite a lot of disturbance. A younger woman, I am assuming she is the boss, was shouting constantly really early in the morning so we couldn't sleep. She was so incredibly loud and it went on from early morning until noon so there was no chance of sleeping which is not nice on your holiday.

• England, Female, 31-40
8th Sep 2016

Perfect for the Eventim Apollo. Room was very small but came with a fridge. Our stay was disrupted as we couldn't use the bathroom as the lights did not work, it was almost pitch black in there, reception did nothing just fobbed you off. The room has no light protection at all, bring an eye mask. Our room faced the street we were woken up with screaming and shouting that went on for over an hour at 3.30am, then at 7am trucks started rolling down the street. Bring ear plugs!!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
28th Aug 2016
5.7

The ensuite in our Twin Room did not have any water pressure or water spray. We ended up using the share showers which were not much better. I mentioned this to the front office staff but no action was taken or discount offered. The ensuite also had no ventilation and smelled awful which is the other reason we did not use it. The room was extremely hot with no aircon or fans. There were live-in tenants there who made a lot of noise out in the smoking areas.

• nevenkanenci
  • Slovenia, Female, 41+
26th Aug 2016
5.7

Just a very very basic hostel lucky to be located at a good central London spot

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
25th Aug 2016

kitchens need repairs and maintenance....fresh kettles...but the other improvements are appreciated

• Australia, Male, 31-40
24th Aug 2016
2.0

Worst hostel ever Nothing like the photos. It is more of a half way house than a hostel. Complete with drug affected people, and not the fun normal hostel type. Asked to check out and for my money back. Both were refused. I was left with no other option but to walk out. This place has no place on this website as its not the hostel a backpacker or traveler would expect.

• cargo4
  • New Zealand, Female, 25-30
22nd Aug 2016
4.9

The bathroom/shower facilities were disgusting. The rooms had no where to lock up your items so very un-safe if leaving the room. You have to pay for wifi. The only good thing about this place was the very kind staff man who allowed me to charge my phone at reception as I didn't have a plug convertor. The location was also good as close to a train and bus station. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here.

• England, Female, 25-30
11th Aug 2016
6.6

When I first arrived the man at the reception desk tried to tell me the room I had booked wasn't available and I had to go to a different hostel some distance away but it was okay because they'd pay for the taxi to take me there. Only after insisting the entire reason I'd booked this one was because it was around the corner from a convention and asking repeatedly if he was really saying there was no room here for me did he let me in. The bathroom stunk of mould, but rest of room clean.

• England, Couple, 18-24
31st Jul 2016
8.0

Lovely place, great location. A bit noisy from 6am onwards but apart from that was allgood! 😊