Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

Great Hostel with friendly staff and great facilities!

• 29th Aug 2013

Hostel is cheap, almost clean and next to metro. However do not expect a cosy maison with wood forniture, is a huge building and looks like a big hospital. If you can get a room far from the fire doors (between landing and corridor): they make a terrible noise and people are coming and going all night long - result I haven't sleep too much. Rest is fine, difficult to find better for the price.

I stayed here for 4 days with my friends and we slept in a 4 beds dorm. The hostel is so clean, from bedroom to bathrooms and showers. There are also 2 or 3 shared kitchens in each floor. Staff is kind and professional. Lastly we found lot of toilet papers in the bathroom, idk why people say that there aren't. The position is not so bad at all, cause is very close (4 min walking) to the big tubes and bus station.

Very noisy every door slams. No hooks or anywhere to put your things in the shower, has to go on the floor. Smells of cleaning chemicals. Staff were rude. Location is good

I'm very disappointed. The rooms was a mess, when we arrived the room was already dirty, no AC, you've to pay for Internet, nobody came to clean the room, a lot of cockroaches in the room, and then the staff,very very rude. They doesn't know how to threat the guests. Was a really bad service.

It was just a little bit below average. It was expensive....but then again I think all hostels and hotels in London are. The cleanliness was below average! There was a HOLE in the wall in my room! Just a large HOLE with nothing but dust and creepy-crawlies!

• 18th Aug 2013
  • Iceland

Room facilities are good and clean. The transportation is convenient. The location is quite good with shopping mall and shops nearby.

A few minutes from the Hammersmith tube station with several cafés and a shopping mall with Primark nearby. With great location and price, it covers the basics for your vacation. However the staff is rude and will generally avoid talking to you. When we checked out they reached for our keys without even looking at us. You get what you pay for, I guess. We will probably come back anyway, since it's so cheap but I really hope they hire people who can actually do their job at the front desk.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Sweden

The hostel is in a very good location, close to the hammersmith tube station. Rooms are very simple with basic interiors, but still clean. Even the bathrooms are cleaned often. However, there are few bathrooms per floor (only 3 toilets and 4 showers) and they are unisex. The staff is a bit non-existent, greets you when you arrive and when you leave, nothing more. No breakfast included. Noise in the hostel is unbearable, during the night you hear doors slamming continuously.

Great location especially when coming from Heathrow as Hammersmith is on the same train line, and the hostel itself a short walk from the station. Very clean, rooms and facilities are basic for what you require. Staff were not very personable.

Had a nice stay here, a bit too noisy because of other visitors, but otherwise great value for the money.

The only criticism was the bed was a bit lumpy. This was probably caused by the way the bed was made up. Ie it was a queen bed made up by 2 singles pushed together,except they were sideways, which meant that my hips sort of hit the join of the two beds. Maybe they are trying to get more life out of the beds by doing this, but it isn't particularly comfortable.

• 11th Aug 2013

I enjoy my stay very much. Hotel was very clean, with friendly and helpfully staff. Nice room. The prices really good as well. I would recommend this place to friends and family.

• 10th Aug 2013
  • Poland

The woman who works at the reception should be working at any other sector. She is very unpolite and unfriendly!

• 8th Aug 2013

We like the place, rooms are confortable and place is nice

Excellent value for money but I had the same issues as many before me: the slamming doors. The room doors close automatically but I don't get why they won't fix the slamming noise. And PLEASE hang up some hooks in the showers! That said, the rooms were excellent, spacious, clean and included a fridge. Location is residential and quiet and very close to Hammersmith tube station.

Toilets were a long walk from my room and the hall way noise was loud at night

What I appreciate most to the hostel is the cleanliness. The location is good that very easy to go to other attractions of London. The only thing I was a bit disappointed was the nosie from opening and closing of the doors which woke me up many times at mid nights.

Average good hostel. Everything was clean, beds were compfy, Not much else though. Internet is charged by the hour, and I hated the maze which included both push and pull doors, very annoying. SHower turns off every 5 seconds.

• 6th Aug 2013

Clean and nice staff! The only minus was that some of the doors slammed when closing almost waking you up! And could have been signs on every toilet and shower if it´s for women and men. Didn´t like that it was mixed.

• 5th Aug 2013