Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

I enjoy my stay very much. Hotel was very clean, with friendly and helpfully staff. Nice room. The prices really good as well. I would recommend this place to friends and family.

• 10th Aug 2013
  • Poland

The woman who works at the reception should be working at any other sector. She is very unpolite and unfriendly!

• 8th Aug 2013

We like the place, rooms are confortable and place is nice

Excellent value for money but I had the same issues as many before me: the slamming doors. The room doors close automatically but I don't get why they won't fix the slamming noise. And PLEASE hang up some hooks in the showers! That said, the rooms were excellent, spacious, clean and included a fridge. Location is residential and quiet and very close to Hammersmith tube station.

Toilets were a long walk from my room and the hall way noise was loud at night

What I appreciate most to the hostel is the cleanliness. The location is good that very easy to go to other attractions of London. The only thing I was a bit disappointed was the nosie from opening and closing of the doors which woke me up many times at mid nights.

Average good hostel. Everything was clean, beds were compfy, Not much else though. Internet is charged by the hour, and I hated the maze which included both push and pull doors, very annoying. SHower turns off every 5 seconds.

• 6th Aug 2013

Clean and nice staff! The only minus was that some of the doors slammed when closing almost waking you up! And could have been signs on every toilet and shower if it´s for women and men. Didn´t like that it was mixed.

• 5th Aug 2013
  • Finland

It was really nice time in Abercorn. Thank u!

• 5th Aug 2013
  • Poland

Great hostel , location not great if you want to walk the streets at night. You would need to be more in a central location

Toilets have problem. It takes several times to clean the toilet. Water taps have problems. Immediately after pushing the water stops. One watertap was on for hours, not possible to stop the water flow, for hours.

The biggest issue I had with this hostel is the use of chemicals to clean the floor,, they simply smell very pungent, and the constant use of them didn't help either,, gave me a headache a few times,, me and my wife both noticed it, we planned on spending two nights here but left after one just for that very reason.

I didn't like the shower. It turns off automatically and I felt cold. The lights turn off automatically too and you have to take a shower in the dark. Awful!!

• 30th Jul 2013

Stayed in a twin room with ensuite shower/toilets. The hostel is nicely situated ( very quiet street, 2mn walk to Hammersmith underground and shopping centre), the room was very clean & quite large with a cupboard and a fridge for our stuff, the shower was ok and we always had hot water. Unfortunately our room was next to the reception area which did get quite noisy at times. Other than this I have nothing negative to say, I would definitely stay there again.

This hostel is perfectly placed for access to Heathrow terminals, far better night's sleep than the St Christopher's due to the lack of bar/pub beneath the bedrooms!

• 29th Jul 2013

Had to pay for Wifi. Floors were all marble and so the rooms/hostel was very loud (could hear people in other rooms plus in the hallways talking at night time).

• 28th Jul 2013

The only thing missing is lack of lockers in the rooms for valuables and no cooking utensils.

I'll come back !

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Belgium

The hostel is close to Hammersmith station which is situated on the zone 2 of the subway. It's 20min from the center but a great area, a lot of shops and things to eat there. The hostel is simple but clean, the bed room have a wardrobe and a fridge, the kitchen are convenient, the bathroom are clean and soap is foreseen, maybe not enough hanger to put your stuf but that's ok. Food can be bought in the hostel as well. Staff is friendly (with woman ;) ) and helpful for luggage. I enjoy my stay!

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Belgium

I stayed at this hostel twice in July 2013, once in a deluxe double room for 5 nights and once for 3 nights in a 4-bed dorm. Having been to many hostels were the staff is friendly and helpful, we were shocked at our rude and unfriendly the staff at this hostel is. Everytime we asked a question, it seemed like we were bothering them, although they didn't seem to be overworked. They just weren't dedicated. Also, there is no cold water in the showers and sinks and public rooms.

• 25th Jul 2013