Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

The staff and security were average and not too great but the hostel was great overall. The atmosphere was good and clean. Value for money was high and almost everything was alright. The two letdowns were the showers were the "press a tab and water comes out for 10 seconds" style which was inconvenient (though it is great for saving up water). There is no dish washing liquid to wash dirty dishes so, don't use the dishes, no one washes them. Sigh, I used the bathroom liquid soap to wash them.

The only thing good about this hostel is the price and great look and cleanliness. I personally didn't like the showers which were a push to shower style, meaning every 5 seconds you had to push for water. Another bad thing is that dish washing liquid was not provided for the dishes so all the dishes are surely very dirty. Other than that, the reception is not very friendly and security is low as anyone can come and go as they please.

Absolutely fine for the price. Great location. Reasonably clean and well equippped, but could have done with a kettle in the room.

• 28th Jun 2013
  • Scotland

They should accept credit cards

No toilettpaper, no help with the luggage, pay for wifi, mold in the showers, noisy doors, unclean dishes, noisy fridge

Room was very small, the hostel had a overwhelming smell of cleaning product

• 26th Jun 2013

Nice room with conveniece location which is zone 2 of London. However, the wifi service is charged for 1 pound for 1 hour and the water in shower room is so hot.

It was the worst hostel I have ever stayed at, if I had the opportunity I would have left right after checking in. The room was dirty, so were the toilets the showers were ok and I did not dare to go into the kitchen, it was bad enough with the room. The worst part were some pigeons all day (not bad during the day) and from around 4 am both nights were making so much noise it was impossible to sleep. I talked to the reception and they said it was only during the day. Terrible, just stay away!

Very clean and bed are very comfy. I had a renovated room so nice!

• 21st Jun 2013

there is the need of a lift .tv in the rooms and free wifi.

• 16th Jun 2013
  • India

A fantastic hostel, value for money, clean and comfortable. A little bit of a trip on the tube to central london but in a lovely area and close to Heathrow. Not much of a social or party hostel but the other guests were friendly and polite. Stayed here twice as it was so good!!

• 15th Jun 2013

Comfortable bed. I have an injured shoulder, but the bed did not trigger this off. I slept really well. Very clean, fresh and recently decorated. Good access to underground and buses.

This was my third time to stay at Abercorn House Hostel. At my first time, it was extremely clean for a hostel because it had been just renovated_I guess. Now after a year, I see that it started to get old and to have difficulty to cover up the bad sides.. Especially the bathroom area if you are sharing it might seem dirty. One evening I saw small cockroaches in the bathroom, which was pretty disgusting. But I also stayed in the private double rooms where you have your own bathroom. It was clean

• 15th Jun 2013
  • Turkey

A little bit dirty and personal was no so good, but in overall is a good hsotel.

the staff not very friendly, hiding behind the protecting window is a bit too much. very noisy in the morning, the showers are the worst, no pressure and or too hot or too cold

• 13th Jun 2013

It was a very clean hostel and the staff were friendly. Hammersmith is a convenient location as its on 3 tube lines. It was weird that men and women shared the same bathrooms and showers though. Please note that I wish to leave this review anonymously. Thank you.

Our room vas terribly bad(number 25). We asked to change it, they said no. It wasn't clean and there was no regular cleaning(maybe one-two day). There was a good thing also. We were one day late, I requested to pay one day less, they accepted. I must thank him. I can refer this hostel to very young and single persons, but not others.

Cleaners use very stinking cleaning supplies. Windows were unable for full opening.

• 13th Jun 2013
  • Poland

Very clean and excellent location. Great facilities. Reception staff were simply indifferent. Not interested, not helpful, not welcoming. Room was bigger than expected. Also very noisy - not from any partying or shenanigans by fellow hosteliers, but because the doors and walls are just very thin and I guess not insulated. The toilets can be a long walk from your room so watch out for this if you're the kind who needs the loo in the middle of the night! Toilets & showers are unisex.

• 12th Jun 2013

Very clean. Good having a fridge in room. Only negative would be that it would of been good to have utensils, pots etc to use the kitchen properly