Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

the hostel was well situated, near the tube station, in a nice area. the staff was very helpful and pleasant. the and the bathrooms were clean and we liked the overall atmosphere in the hostel.

• 14th Jul 2013
  • Slovakia

While hostel location is good and it provides good value for money, soundproofing is awful. You wake up at 7 am because of slamming shower & toilet doors. The staff is not that friendly and facilities are average (I could not print my bus ticket because the printer had been broken for several days).

Good location, 7 min walk from the tube station. Hotel itself has a bit hospital-like look, with tile and white walls everywhere. Room was white as well and a little empty, no TV or free wi-fi, but the bed was good and soft. Most ridiculous shower: you can't regulate its height or temperature, and have to pull the tap every ten seconds or the water stops running. Kitchen available.

Double room was great. Unfortunately the kitchens had absolutely nothing to cook with. Your given plates in room with a fridge which is great but kinda pointless when you can't cook. Also bathroom floors were very slippery. I slipped over on my backside. Room great. Facilities just bad.

I liked having the fridge and dishes. They changed sheets and towels every other day which was good. Staff was nice. Didn't like that we had to pay for wifi and the bathrooms got pretty dirty, but no worse than any other place with community bathrooms. Location was real close to metro, but a little sketchy at night and there wasn't much to do around the hostel itself

• 9th Jul 2013

Very nice palce. I really enjoyed staying in Abercorn Hostel

• 7th Jul 2013

we enjoyed our stay,the location in London is great.The room and bathrooms were relly cleanlthough we found the staff didn't show helpful or even just;;;;smiling;good value for your money in London

• 7th Jul 2013

Nice and cozy in a perfect location! We stayed in the double en suite for one week and couldn't have been happier.

• 4th Jul 2013

This was my first time in a Hostel and I found the Abercorn House to be an excellent experience. The hostel location is less than 5min walk to the Hammersmith Tube Station and is in a very safe/clean neighbourhood with many great pubs and places to eat. The hostel itself was very very clean and modern with staff cleaning the bathrooms, floors,etc every day, and they changed the bed linnens every 2 days. The staff was also extremely friendly and helpfull. Overall this was a great experience!

• 4th Jul 2013

I was a little upset that when I checked in and said my friend would arrive the next day and need a room, I was told it would be an extra 10 pounds a day for him, but when he checked in the next day he was charged 15. In addition, I have the same type of room booked for next week and the price is an additional 12 pounds above the 15 my friend paid. Neither situation seems like fair business practice.

• 2nd Jul 2013

although booked to arrive at 11 due to getting back from the robbie williams concert at wembley we arrived nearer midnight , very quick check in and a few purchases from the lobby cafe and we were in our room. basic but very clean and with very soft beds. the next morning the cleaners were out in the corridor , the smell of the disinfectant was quite overpowering. check out was again very efficient and we were soon on our way . the location of the hostel is superb for tube connections .

• 2nd Jul 2013

It was to noisy, but ok

• 1st Jul 2013
  • Estonia

Best hostel we have EVER stayed in. Will be back for sure

• 30th Jun 2013

The staff and security were average and not too great but the hostel was great overall. The atmosphere was good and clean. Value for money was high and almost everything was alright. The two letdowns were the showers were the "press a tab and water comes out for 10 seconds" style which was inconvenient (though it is great for saving up water). There is no dish washing liquid to wash dirty dishes so, don't use the dishes, no one washes them. Sigh, I used the bathroom liquid soap to wash them.

The only thing good about this hostel is the price and great look and cleanliness. I personally didn't like the showers which were a push to shower style, meaning every 5 seconds you had to push for water. Another bad thing is that dish washing liquid was not provided for the dishes so all the dishes are surely very dirty. Other than that, the reception is not very friendly and security is low as anyone can come and go as they please.

Absolutely fine for the price. Great location. Reasonably clean and well equippped, but could have done with a kettle in the room.

• 28th Jun 2013
  • Scotland

They should accept credit cards

No toilettpaper, no help with the luggage, pay for wifi, mold in the showers, noisy doors, unclean dishes, noisy fridge

Room was very small, the hostel had a overwhelming smell of cleaning product

• 26th Jun 2013

Nice room with conveniece location which is zone 2 of London. However, the wifi service is charged for 1 pound for 1 hour and the water in shower room is so hot.