Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

Easy check in and check out. Good Value

• 30th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

There was heavy construction working occurring early every morning I was there for 9 nights. If this didn't wake you up then the large gap between the wall and blinds on both sides certainly would as it let it natural light from about 5:30am at this time of year. During my stay my room was also left unlocked by a cleaner while I was away until later that night. Would definitely not recommend.

• 29th Jun 2015

Very nice experience at this hostel. Clean and quiet, feels like staying in a hotel. Really good value for money, and the location also very nice, close to underground and many nice restaurants near by.

A handy place to stay with excellent transport links into London. Friendly staff and nice clean rooms. However, some of the communal facilities could do with a few small touches such as hanging clothes hooks inside the shower doors and perhaps having tea towels/kitchen roll in the kitchens so you can clean up after using. Otherwise good value if you are backpacking or just need a room for the night.

• 20th Jun 2015

Great if you just want a place to sleep. The room was very simple, but yet everything we needed. Most importantly it was clean, there was good cupboard space for our things, fridge in the room. A bit noisy with other guests and the cleaners talking loudly and slamming doors in the corridors early in the mornings. But close to the tube, nice price.

This is a good hostel, that could be better. Some of the things like kettles and toaster did not work in some of the kitchens; so they could do with better equipment in the kitchens. I had an issue with the cleaners leaving sheets in the gangways/hallways, plus plugging an electrical device wire which could be a health and safety issue. Why not do the cleaning a bit later and make the check in time a bit later? Could also do with a bar or something in the TV room area.

I had never stayed in a hostel before, I did not know what expect I was amazed how clean and tidy it was

• 15th Jun 2015

I was really surprised, the hostel was much better than we expected!! It was right next to the tube, but the tube was pretty far both from the bus station and from the centre. I really liked that there is a 24-hour security, and a snack bar downstairs. The rooms were so cute and there were sufficient kitchens. Unfortunately there were no pots or pans in the kitchen, and every time we went into the TV room there were old men hanging around, probably long-stay guests. Felt a bit odd.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

DO NOT STAY HERE! I am a light sleeper but didn't get any sleep because the walls are paper thin!! All you hear all night and morning are people opening and closing their door and people talking. The people aren't even being that loud, it's just that the hostel was built poorly. The bathroom and showers weren't clean either. This place was very pricey for what you get, especially because breakfast and wifi was NOT included.

• 13th Jun 2015

It is a great hostel. The only negative is that they have not free wifi.

Wifi is NOT free, 1 pound for 1 hour omg

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

The hostel has a good location close to metro station and the rooms are clean and well taken care of. A few downsides would be that you have to pay for using the wifi and that the staff is rather grumpy, but all in all it's a good place if you just look for a place to spend the night and it's good value for the money paid.

Nice, quite peaceful place, friendly staff and clean rooms. Hostel is quite ascetic, but that's just a small drawback.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Finland

I stayed over two nights. After the first night the cleaning person changed my sheets and cleaned by bed, even though I've left a few items on it to signalise that the bed was occupied: my jewellery, my printed travelling plans and my underwear under the pillow. I found my papers and jewellery tucked away in some obscure spot, and my bra spread over the chair in the middle of the room, impossible to overlook. I shared the room with three men and I did not appreciate my underwear being exposed.

• 6th Jun 2015

Hostel doesn't offer free wifi..

• 5th Jun 2015

Facilities are very poor. No hot water.

I stay here because it is convenient and because I actually like its eccentricities. Upside: Great Hammersmith location, spotlessly clean, small dorms, good kitchens. Downside: That odd refusal to supply cooking pots, too many long-term stayers who co-opt storage space, no lockers, manic cleaning at all hours of the day and night, and -- most importantly -- no free wifi. Still, Hammersmith library is just around the corner.

DON'T! They literally stole my money. The guy at the reception (Barzan) doesn't even know how to read (not kidding). I cancelled my reservation 24 hours in advance and he denied this because he understood that I was thinking of cancelling rather than actually cancelling as there was a question mark in the email... I raised this issue with the manager but I couldn't ever get hold of him because he was 'too busy' or 'not here'. Tried getting in touch with hostelworld and no answer either.

• 29th May 2015

The location was really good as there were at least 2 supermarkets and multiple shops (e.g. Primark) nearby, and Hammersmith station was served by 2 Tube lines. However, it would have been better if more furniture was provided in the rooms, and if more showers had warm water.

Very . . . industrial. There's absolutely no character. The hostel is clean enough, but there are some frustrating things. The bathrooms have very small sinks with no shelves or anything to use at night for toiletries. The showers are push button showers, so they turn off every 30 seconds or so, and the water wasn't warm at all. The kitchens are very bare. Each room has a mini fridge and some plates and forks and such in it. Location is ok, not great. Fine for a stop over place to sleep I guess.