Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

It was the worst decision ever to stay in this hostel. It almost ruined our whole trip in London! When we arrived at around midnight, the staff did not say anything but asked us to pay, with a bad attitude. After we checked in to a room as empty as a prison, we found out that we had to pay 1 pound per hour to access to the internet, which was not clearly stated on the site. We could do nothing since we already paid. Of course, you should not expect a hairdryer or any facilities like that.

We were not allowed to have any stuff shown in the room, the cleaning lady actually moved it away. We lives in a mix dorm which was fine enough, but they could have done better with the mix of people. You need to rent kitchen tools, but when you try they tell you that they are out and you need to buy it from a supermarket.

Hey, with family we just stayed at Abercorn hostel, it was great, close to tube and markets, toilets were clean in shower we used flip flops but otherwise clean. Staff was nice and helpfull, there is kitchen to use but you should bring your own dishes. Rooms were clean, there is a construction site next to the hostel, but it's not noisy anymore. For the price it was great.

We were transferred to a 4-star hotel room closer to central london due to building works being carried out next to our room. We were well treated.

• 21st Oct 2014

I was shocked about this place, your company should finish to work with this hostel and there are bedbugs !!!

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Dear Guest, Our system shows that you stayed in room 19 for 2 nights and we cancelled one night . free of charge , .I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay in our hostel. Concerning to the room. our rooms are very clean and tidy. but what you said is was not true. you just wanted to get refund for some reason. and we can n staff, Hopefully you will take our hostel into consideration when you come to London next time. With pleasure. Barzan

Stayed here several times. Will stay here again. But still amused that the hostel provides copious kitchens on every floor along with cups, plates, saucers and cutlery -- as well as refrigerators in the dorm ... but no cooking pots. Yeah, I know the reason is that people kept nicking them. But other, less hospitable, hostels supply pots and pans on a deposit system. Have you considered this, Abercorn? Would make sense, wouldn't it?

Not the best hostel ever but it was fine for two nights while I was waiting to move in somewhere else. You would never come here when travelling to London but if you just need a place to stay then it isn't bad. Staff are awful but I only spoke to them twice (check in and check out) so it didn't bother me. It's a bit of a shame because with a few minor changes this place wouldn't be half bad. You also have to pay for the Wi-Fi hourly (what kind of hostel doesn't offer free WI-FI?!).

I only have one problem to report about the hotel, there is no wifi included, and this is ok. So, if you want to use wifi you need to pay, and also this is ok. The problem is the price. You have 2 option, 1 pound per hour or 5 pound for 5 hour. This price is crazy. That's all.

Staff were lovely but I got eaten raw by bed bugs. I have about 20 bites from one night, really wish I hadn't stayed.

• 30th Sep 2014

Unfriendly staff.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Spain

LOUD LOUD LOUD. I think I'd rather sleep on the platform of the tube and it would be quieter. The cause was construction *inside* the hostel that began at 8am. I understand having to do remodeling, but to rent out rooms that only allow you to sleep till 8am is terrible. Otherwise clean, a bit cramped, but good.

• 28th Sep 2014

The room was spacious with a double bed, fridge and cupboard. Had a run in with a cleaner who continued to try open the door while my boyfriend was holding the door shut and telling her could she wait a minute while I got changed yet she continued to open the door. She then hurled abuse at him claiming she couldn't hear over the construction work which is still happening btw. Facilities get quite dirty not the best cleaning job is done. Location was fairly good next to the hammersmith metro.

The hostel was great: location, clean, secure! The stuff could have been more nicer but everything else was really really good!

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

The hotel is literally across the road from tube station . I had read mixed reviews and I think perhaps the building is in the stages of being updated renovated . It's quite a big building . We booked a twin and it was basic room with wardrobe and fridge and towels provided . The room looked newly painted and beautifully tiled floor . Window looked out to street . Toilets were good and clean but bit untidy later .There is cooking facilities , shop and showers were good . Reception 24hrs. Enjoyed

Great price for the location. Very surprised how nice it was once we got there, based on price I was expecting somewhere a little "grubby". Practically newly done out inside. Comfy bed. They provide towels if you want a shower too.

• 19th Sep 2014

most doors could do with a quiet close option to support the door when it closes. This would reduce a lot of banging noises when people close their room door.

• 18th Sep 2014

There happens to be a major building project at the moment next door so it was noisey in the morning but it was a great place to stop over and only a few mins from Hammersmith tube.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Very good for this price.

I think the staff at the reception should know more about tourist information

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

There were bed bugs! Horrible! And I didn't get a refund.

• 14th Sep 2014