Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

Bathroom very noisy but ventilator can be turned off. Door isolation very bad, you hear everybody outside the room... But price is very low for a couple with bathroom included. And subway is at 2 min walk maximum.

• 31st Jan 2015

Friendly staff, great location. Walking distance from train and bus station. Lots of great shops and cafes in area. Great value for central London.

Great location, got a twin room instead of single (as paid for), room was very warm but shared bathroom was quite cold.

I stayed there for a week I enjoyed my stay but it was bit noisy, showers were very cold, heating was very good. Kitchen is very basic. Wifi is expensive £1/h. Staff are ok not bad. There's construction work going on next to the building (a big project) so you can't stay in the day at the hostel whatsoever. No carpet on the floor it's feel like I'm in the hospital that's why if someone is walking outside your room you can hear them very loud.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Pakistan

Basic Hostel. We stayed in the deluxe double ensuite room. It was very small, and basic. but if you just want a comfy bed, and somewhere not too expensive, then it's a good stay. It's a quit hostel, no loud noise, on a cul-de-sac street, so no traffic.

Decent place to stay - but they never returned my email regarding questions. You get what you pay for - decent place decent price.

• 15th Jan 2015

The hostel is very clean and in a good location but FREEZING. No heaters in corridors or in bathrooms, and the heater in my room was broken. Doors to fire escapes are left open by smokers and cleaning staff which lets the winter air right in. I would recommend staying here in summer.

• 15th Jan 2015

The Abercorn House Hostel is very clean and in a good condition. Nice bedrooms and big bathrooms. It is in a good location cause the bus- and underground station are just a two minute walk away. For London it's a very good price as well. I can really recommend it!

• 9th Jan 2015

the hostel is situated in a very noisy side of town. At night, sirens are going off, and traffic is loud. During the day there is a construction site next door. they put me in a room that had a power generator right outside my window and i couldn't sleep. But staff were helpful and moved me to a more quiet room. The hostel needs better windows that shut out the noise.

COLD shared toilet and shower room!!

• 1st Jan 2015

The hostel location is good, close to the tube and the rooms are clean. The staff are not very friendly or helpful. You have to pay for which is very annoying. There are no lockers or anything in the rooms to store valuables. The bathrooms are dirty and the showers on our level didn't even work. People, including staff, are always smoking in the fire escapes which makes all the hallways smell like cigarettes despite no smoking signs.

• 31st Dec 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel, however was extremely put off by this odd stain/gunk on the wall near the bed pillows in what I think was room 312. It looked as if someone sneezed in their hand and rubbed it on the wall. My stay was so lovely, but cannot get that image of the green stain on the wall out of my mind! If that odd mark wasn't there (it really was very gross)- Id highly recommend staying there!

• 31st Dec 2014

to warm, to noise and staff very rude, the only thing ok was the location

• 29th Dec 2014

No secure storage in rooms. This should be a basic facility in a dorm room. Paid for internet speed was very slow. Not many showers, it was quiet for my stay so this wasn't a problem, but if the hostel had been full I suspect it would have been a major hassle. Otherwise a good, basic, hostel in a very good location. Suspect I'll return again.

The doors are very thin, so you can hear everything that is going on in the hallway. If they were to improve this, this would be a very good place to stay!

Staff didn't seem bothered when I walked in, just took my reservation and gave me a key. The socket in my room was broken, half of it showing but apart from that, was quiet, got some sleep and the work next door didn't effect anything. Very close to the tube!

Very good value for money, as it's really difficult to find rates like these in London. Hammersmith is nice and well connected to the city centre. The hostel is in a big, quite new building, lots and lots of rooms per floor, which might make the bathrooms very busy in high season. I was very lucky as it was off-peak and I had a whole room to myself, I would have probably minded the shortage of sockets and absence of bedlights otherwise. Overall, though, I am likely to stay again and recommend it

• 10th Dec 2014

Once again, a great stay -- if you don't count that little eccentricity of supplying multitudinous kitchens, loads of plates, cups, saucers and eating utensils, but no cooking pots. Oh well, still one of my favorite boltholes in London.

Not a traditional hostel, rather a low-cost hotel. Good points: good location, spacious and clean rooms, fridge & dishes in the room, fast wi-fi connection (not free, but quite cheap) Weak points: rooms are very cold, corridors even colder, endless noise and smell of tobacco (!!!) in the corridors.

Hostel was very clean but a bit distant from many of the main attractions. Very quiet hostel though, good for a night's sleep before our onward journey.