Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

I had a good stay in Abercorn. The hostel bathrooms and showers were kept very clean. Rooms were tiny but that's a given for most hostels. The only issues I had was a screw came off on my bunk bed and was wobbly and unsafe. Someone said they would fix the problem and also I wish they had lockers at the hostel. There were no lockers so I had to carry all my valuables around with me in London which was a nuisance. I recommend the hostel get some lockers that customers can pay to use.

Very nice - I stayed here while I was searching for a flat during my first 10 days in London. I really appreciate the friendly service at the front desk and the good, clean, affordable lodging in an excellent location throughout my search. Thanks!

Great location great price comfortable beds very clean loads of toilets showers and kitchens on each floor. Only one negative was second floor didn't have any loo roll in the toilets so we went to the other floors which was fine. 24hr reception was great

Lovely stay for what is called a 'hostel'. My boyfriend and I stayed here a couple of nights and it was that peaceful that we almost felt as though we were staying at a hotel. Not usually a fan of shared bathrooms, but these were usually immaculate, spacious and modern looking. Lovely staff were very helpful and polite. Don't change! Only two requests, full length mirrors in either the double rooms or the bathrooms and would be great to have bed side lamps in the rooms. Only minor requests!

• 22nd Aug 2015

very modern in appearance but the plugs in my room were not working, the doors are so heavy that people at any time constantly bang them to close them, I could hardly sleep the days I was there and was looking forward to leaving every minute. A friend of mine came to pick me up and since they don't accept visitors she needed to wait downstairs ! I find it so unpolite !! bathrooms were not very clean, and overall, I have seen better places for the same price.

This hostel is good apart from no breakfast and no lockers in the rooms. However, Hammersmith itself reeks ' Conservatism ' and places shut early. Well there is the Weatherspoon pubs, but if you are going into Belushi's; best stay at that hostel. It can be a bit far out.

very convenient to the metro station, however, still a long way to the city center

Great hostel friendly and would stay here again

I've been staying at this hostel for a while now and it's very good. It's in a good location and reasonably priced. They clean the place everyday which is fantastic. My only criticism is that sometimes the mattresses can be very low quality. On my last visit I slept in a bed which had a dip or slump in the middle! The metal frame for the bed was completely warped. It was like sleeping in a hammock every night - my toes went numb! So beware, their bedding is hit and miss!

1 2 3 Next » last »