Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

The hotel was in an excellent location close to transport links (tube stations). The room was very small but ample for our one night stay and the price we paid.

everything new, very good location, nice rooms.

We had a very nice stay at Abercorn House Hostel. On our first night, it was very noisy out in hall (loud talking, walking and door slamming) since about 5 or 6 in the morning - but it way still okay, only a bit annoying. However, our room was nice and spacious and the location of the Hostel is great! Toilets and showers are in good condition, however showers could use some cleaning in the corners and on the ceiling. Still, Totally worth the money and really good value for money :-)

All was going well until we found the blood stains on the sheets. The staff were happy to supply clean bedding and the rest of the accommodation was clean however. Still put us off staying here again though

London abercorm Did not enjoy my stay there. The good aspects are: it is 2 Blocks away from metro/bus station - but 40 min away from the center of london by bus. And they have towels. But the doors make too much noise, there are too many people there,huge place. Cleaning people start cleaning it at like 7 am and make too much noise while cleaning - they talk loud and really dont care if they will wake you up. Staff not friendly. Bathrooms not clean and not practical.

Me and my friend stayed in a twin room and were quite satisfied with our stay. The location is very convenient with only 1 min walk to Hammersmith station (connections to 4 different tube lines!). Everything was quite clean and I didn't think the cleaning liquid smell was too overwhelming (as many reviewers complained). The walls are quite thin so you hear a lot of door-smashing but we still got a lot more sleep than we would have in a 16 bed dorm for the same price. Would probably come again.

You could pass the reception without anyone asking where u are headed even if they saw you for the first time. The walls (or isolation) is really bad - you can hear every single voice. Doors in the halls are heavy and hard to open - inconvenient if you have hand full of luggage.

Excellent option if staying a few extra nights in London on a budget. Room was bigger and more comfortable than I expected and very clean. Facilities were good - plenty of showers, toilets etc on each floor. Internet is £1 per hour isn't too bad (connection was excellent and reliable during my stay). Its 1 min from Hammersmith station and there is a Nandos 30seconds away (bonus!). Main negative was the thin wall of room adjoining the corridor (not between rooms) so can hear doors slamming etc.

I stayed with a friend in a double room + we were happy with our stay! The staff was friendly and helpful, good connection to 4 tube lines. Can't say much about the atmosphere as we did not really meet other people there, but everyone I met was friendly. Everything was clean! Showers and toilets were good and apparently new. It was sometimes a bit loud late at night, but not being a light sleeper, I didn't mind + you probably also can't really avoid it. I would definitely stay again!

• 9th May 2014

The guy at the reception was a total buzz kill. Very uninviting and unfriendly. The room that smelled way too much of cleaning liquid. I had to open the window for fresh air every time I entered the room. WiFi is quite expensive - 1 GBP Per Hour. Kitchens do not have any utensils and bathrooms had messed up showers and no hanger for clothes. It's not exactly a friendly backpacker's hostel, more like a highway Motel. Would not stay again unless I absolutely have to.

Good transport options, noisy doors but silent neighbours. We were on the second floor with only one shared bathroom which can not be locked. But five kitchen were on that floor. Not bad, ideal for sleeping some nights.

The staff was not very warm and inviting when I arrived at this hostel. I was tossed a key and grunted at, with no friendly interaction at all. The room was bare but clean. The doors were continuously slamming loudly. This hostel was very close to Hammersmith station, which was nice. I probably would not stay here again.

No lift. carrying 2 25kg suite cases up 8 flights of stairs was murder.

• 29th Apr 2014

A bit noisy (doors) at nights otherwise OK

It was more a motel than a hostel. We stayed only one night hopefully because the bed was awfull!!

I have stayed in many hostels in London, and Abercorn is one of the best I have found--- the staff are very friendly and helpful-- the toilets and showers where always clean and tidy- the beds very comfortable and with good quilts- I will certainly use this hostel again Thank you staff -- Paul from the middle of russia

• 24th Apr 2014

Great place to stay. I slept and left early in the morning. Clean bathrooms, tidy and clean room and sheets. I stayed in a 4-bed room and it also included wardrobe and fridge. Greatest plus: 2-3 mins walk to Hammersmith station. Value for money, for sure. Also, I almost swept on the floor while leaving on the morning, because of the too much cleaning liquid.

I was put in on the first floor. The room was Awful, The doors in the building slam ALL NIGHT, the TV door, the front door, the hall way doors. I got almost no sleep the whole trip. The fellows at the front were not very warm people. I was really impressed with the cleanness of the room. It was very clean. The smell of cleaner was VERY evident the first night, but it was okay, it really made me feel the room was clean. The location was AMAZING as well. right next to train.

• 13th Apr 2014

the hostel used excessive cleaning detergent affect the entire hallway.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

The hostel was very simple, but we had all we needed and even more (the fridge for example). Good value for the money we paid, I wouldn't mind to go back there if staying at London again.