Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

I had a good stay in Abercorn. The hostel bathrooms and showers were kept very clean. Rooms were tiny but that's a given for most hostels. The only issues I had was a screw came off on my bunk bed and was wobbly and unsafe. Someone said they would fix the problem and also I wish they had lockers at the hostel. There were no lockers so I had to carry all my valuables around with me in London which was a nuisance. I recommend the hostel get some lockers that customers can pay to use.

Very nice - I stayed here while I was searching for a flat during my first 10 days in London. I really appreciate the friendly service at the front desk and the good, clean, affordable lodging in an excellent location throughout my search. Thanks!

Great location great price comfortable beds very clean loads of toilets showers and kitchens on each floor. Only one negative was second floor didn't have any loo roll in the toilets so we went to the other floors which was fine. 24hr reception was great

Lovely stay for what is called a 'hostel'. My boyfriend and I stayed here a couple of nights and it was that peaceful that we almost felt as though we were staying at a hotel. Not usually a fan of shared bathrooms, but these were usually immaculate, spacious and modern looking. Lovely staff were very helpful and polite. Don't change! Only two requests, full length mirrors in either the double rooms or the bathrooms and would be great to have bed side lamps in the rooms. Only minor requests!

• 22nd Aug 2015

very modern in appearance but the plugs in my room were not working, the doors are so heavy that people at any time constantly bang them to close them, I could hardly sleep the days I was there and was looking forward to leaving every minute. A friend of mine came to pick me up and since they don't accept visitors she needed to wait downstairs ! I find it so unpolite !! bathrooms were not very clean, and overall, I have seen better places for the same price.

This hostel is good apart from no breakfast and no lockers in the rooms. However, Hammersmith itself reeks ' Conservatism ' and places shut early. Well there is the Weatherspoon pubs, but if you are going into Belushi's; best stay at that hostel. It can be a bit far out.

very convenient to the metro station, however, still a long way to the city center

Great hostel friendly and would stay here again

I've been staying at this hostel for a while now and it's very good. It's in a good location and reasonably priced. They clean the place everyday which is fantastic. My only criticism is that sometimes the mattresses can be very low quality. On my last visit I slept in a bed which had a dip or slump in the middle! The metal frame for the bed was completely warped. It was like sleeping in a hammock every night - my toes went numb! So beware, their bedding is hit and miss!

The staff of an accommodation place can't afford tke rude to women customers. It deters more than fifty percent of the potential custom.

The reception staff can't really be considered friendly however they did their job. The twin rooms are small but were clean and just what we needed. Good to have a fridge inside the room, though it was making a weird noise all the time. Noises were the biggest problem, door slamming at all hours made it hard to fall asleep and impossible to sleep in in the morning. Showers were ok, toilets not very clean but acceptable.

• 4th Aug 2015

No lockers. Fridge availabl No hair drying facilities in shower room. No plug sockets. Couldn't dry hair in dorm due to other guests so had to dry my hair in the kitchen. There was body wash available in shower rooms but only two sinks and no way of drying hands after going to the toilets. No hooks on doors to hand clothes when in shower or getting changed. Kitchen was clean and fitted with oven, toaster, kettle, microwave and washing liquid is available, but no pans, plates, knifes, forks etc.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Private Room: Clean and affordable accommodation in London. i stayed here while i was working in London clean and good place to rest. 8/10

On the positive side: Fridge in the room, near to the tube, bus terminal, well-equipped grocery store (Tesco Metro), only 30 minutes to Heathrow Airport by the Piccadilly Line, many restaurants in the neighbourhood, in the bathroom: 3 toilets, 4 showers, 2 sinks (but very small), outdoor area with tables. On the negative side: No cooking facilities in the kitchen like pots or pans. Why an electric stove if you can´t use it? I prefer clothes hooks on the inside of the showers (to keep the key).

Bathrooms weren't the best, kitchen was dirty and no utensils to cook with. Had to pay for wifi :( we did have a fridge in the room which was good!

Good place if you need a roof for the night, staff are miserable and unwelcoming not a single smile once.

• 24th Jul 2015

Excellent place if you are on a budget and do not expect 5 star accomodation for the price. Excellent location - easy access to the underground and good shopping and pubs very close by. I was impressed by the efforts by management to keep the place quiet, like doors that cannot be slammed, including wardrobe doors and toilet seats. I like the facilites offered (guest kitchen and laundry) even if I did not make use of them myself.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Malta

Very poor, we found cockroaches in our room. They wouldn't move our room or refund us for that night we had a really uncomfortable nights sleep. Bedroom door was also very very hard to open it had swelled therefore it took both my friend and I to open and shut it. We reported this but the staff weren't bithered. They moved us on our 2nd night which we appreciate but they point blank refused to refund us for the 1st night. I would not stay here ever again.

good place if you just need a bed for the night. good value. storeroom has mice- we were both shocked to see each other. unisex toilet and internet is not free and the paid one is slow. love the kitchen though... our floor had multiple kitchens which gave me freedom to cook or heat food. also a fridge was provided in the room which ensured cold beer. nice.

We've stayed 3 nights in a double bed room, it was clean, the bed was really comfy and the staff also lent us two towels each. It feels like staying in a hotel, the bathrooms are clean and spacious. We didn't use the kitchen so I can't let a review on this point. The location is very nice, close to underground. It's a good value for money, I would gladly come back again.