Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

Abercorn House Hostel is a very nice place to stay. The staff at the reception are friendly and helpful, the rooms are comfortable and clean and the facillities are good. I would recommend it as a excellent place to stay.

Location was ok and near enough to bus and train lines but the Hostel itself was poorly maintained. The private ensuite I rented was tiny (but acceptable) but the furniture in the room was broken, walls were dirty, and the sink was clogged. I knew ahead of time that I would be charged for wifi, but they scratch card system they used made it so that each person had to pay for wi-fi separately, and the signal was not strong enough to reach my room so we had to use wifi in the common room.

• 27th Feb 2015

The shared bathroom is terrible, there is no place to leave your stuff while taking shower. And the internet is not free, you have to pay for each hour of use.

• 27th Feb 2015

Very clear place, quite, 1 minute from the underground and cheaper.... I am satisfied of my choose

• 27th Feb 2015

Unfriendly stuff, loveless furnished double rooms, showers aren't hot, walls are very thin so that you can hear everything, extremely loud. I would definitely not recommend this hostel.

• 27th Feb 2015

Shower is cold and is very very weak. Bathroom is cold. Good location, clean. Good value for money.

clean, cheap, quiet, well-located - basically all I needed

We really enjoyed our stay. A few small issues: the room was extremely warm in the night and we couldnt figure out how to turn the radiator off, and there was no bedside lamp.

• 21st Feb 2015

Would recommend anytime

• 21st Feb 2015

Stayed in a double ensuite, room wasn't perfect but good enough!

Excellent value for the money! Very clean rooms and bathrooms! It's a bit out of the way for London City Centre, but as we were there for a concert at the Shepherds Bush Empire the location was perfect. Even if one wants to see London City, for the value it's no big deal taking the Underground for 20 minutes.

This Hostel is ok if you just want a cheap room in London for one night, but personally I wouldn't be able to stay here longer than just one night. The rooms themselves are just basic, rooms and beds are clean but they don't have a bathroom or toilet. The toilets are just the same as public toilets with cubicles and I didn't use the showers. The cleaners are rude as one came in shouting we need to check out and we would be charged, when we didn't need to check out yet and weren't charged.

• 14th Feb 2015

Dear Sir you booked twin shared shower &toilet if you booked suite room different price and check out time before 11 am because we have to clean the room to gave the room to other booking best regards

My comment was left in danish: Da vi ankom til hostellet, var de desværre igang med at renovere ved vores værelser, så vi blev sendt med gratis taxa fra Abercorn, ind til Gonative (4-stjernet hotel) midt i London - uden ekstra betaling! Derfor kan jeg ikke rigtig vide hvordan det var på abercorn, men servicen var da fuld i top! Tusind tak for jeres venlighed!!

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Denmark

Very good rooms, Good value for London, Helpful and friendly staff.

It's really easy to reach from the tube. I actually did'nt stay at the hostel. Had my booking, but when I arrived there, I was told that there was a problem with my room, and that I'd be transferred to a different hostel. The other hostel was pretty good, have nothing to complain about it. But it was on the other side of the city (Marylebone). Took us around 40 minutes to get there (Albercorn set us with a taxi and paid for it) and it was an inconvenient. Once there, had a great stay!

The water in the showers was rather cold and with not enough pressure and after you press the button, the water only pours for a couple of seconds. Overall, the experience of taking a shower in the bathrooms was a very unpleasant one.

• 6th Feb 2015