Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

COLD shared toilet and shower room!!

• 1st Jan 2015

I had no choice when going to London on new years, this was the only place with a affordable price for me. Therefore I risked a lower ranked property, but oh my, i should have spent more for better. The doors facing fire stairs in the corridors wore always open, and chilly, to take a bath you have to cross the artic, and to a button press no temperature controlled shower, that the water flow stops when you hit the button. I may go on (internet, staff), but my characters are limited

The hostel location is good, close to the tube and the rooms are clean. The staff are not very friendly or helpful. You have to pay for which is very annoying. There are no lockers or anything in the rooms to store valuables. The bathrooms are dirty and the showers on our level didn't even work. People, including staff, are always smoking in the fire escapes which makes all the hallways smell like cigarettes despite no smoking signs.

• 31st Dec 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel, however was extremely put off by this odd stain/gunk on the wall near the bed pillows in what I think was room 312. It looked as if someone sneezed in their hand and rubbed it on the wall. My stay was so lovely, but cannot get that image of the green stain on the wall out of my mind! If that odd mark wasn't there (it really was very gross)- Id highly recommend staying there!

• 31st Dec 2014

to warm, to noise and staff very rude, the only thing ok was the location

• 29th Dec 2014

No secure storage in rooms. This should be a basic facility in a dorm room. Paid for internet speed was very slow. Not many showers, it was quiet for my stay so this wasn't a problem, but if the hostel had been full I suspect it would have been a major hassle. Otherwise a good, basic, hostel in a very good location. Suspect I'll return again.

The doors are very thin, so you can hear everything that is going on in the hallway. If they were to improve this, this would be a very good place to stay!

Staff didn't seem bothered when I walked in, just took my reservation and gave me a key. The socket in my room was broken, half of it showing but apart from that, was quiet, got some sleep and the work next door didn't effect anything. Very close to the tube!

Very good value for money, as it's really difficult to find rates like these in London. Hammersmith is nice and well connected to the city centre. The hostel is in a big, quite new building, lots and lots of rooms per floor, which might make the bathrooms very busy in high season. I was very lucky as it was off-peak and I had a whole room to myself, I would have probably minded the shortage of sockets and absence of bedlights otherwise. Overall, though, I am likely to stay again and recommend it

• 10th Dec 2014

Once again, a great stay -- if you don't count that little eccentricity of supplying multitudinous kitchens, loads of plates, cups, saucers and eating utensils, but no cooking pots. Oh well, still one of my favorite boltholes in London.

Not a traditional hostel, rather a low-cost hotel. Good points: good location, spacious and clean rooms, fridge & dishes in the room, fast wi-fi connection (not free, but quite cheap) Weak points: rooms are very cold, corridors even colder, endless noise and smell of tobacco (!!!) in the corridors.

Hostel was very clean but a bit distant from many of the main attractions. Very quiet hostel though, good for a night's sleep before our onward journey.

Got upgradd to a private room with a shared bathromm to an ensuite. So very happy! Nice warm shower and heating workign very well. The only down sides: the WiFi is not free (1£ for one hour) - the building is quite noisy

Excellent location, very safe and beautiful hostel. Enough toilets for everyone, bedrooms are quite clean in general, but be careful with bed bugs...

• 29th Nov 2014