Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

I keep going back and recommend it to everyone

The rooms were very clean and the bathrooms, showers and kitchens were plentiful and also very clean. However, there were no lockers to store things which made it difficult to store valuables but would stay here again!

• 7th Jun 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with the hostel, next time we're coming to London we're coming to this hostel again!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Very conveniently located next to the Hammersmith tube station. Nice rooms and bathrooms well managed.

First off: The hostel was very cheap, so don't expect too much. The staff seemed totally bored and wasn't particularly attentive. We found it a bit odd that there were unisex toilets and even bathrooms. The location of the hostel is pretty good, it is about a 3 minute walk from Hammersmith station. We did not notice the smell of bleach/cleaner like mentioned in the other comments. The doors bang pretty loudly when closed though (earplugs are your friend). We'd stay here again because it's cheap.

I stayed here once arriving after a long flight and booked a solo room, the room was average, clean and nice to crash. The hostle was so loud! Heavy construction is going on, a junior high school is next door and all the doors heavily slam throughout the hostle, paper thin walls. There isn't much of an atomopshere more motel feeling. Kitchens are not able to be used as they do not support you with any cooking utensils! It was nice for an overnight crash but I left ASAP. :)

The showers were generally dirty and the staff allowed smoking on the stairways in the building, which was a little unpleasant. The hostel is right across the street from the Hammersmith underground station, which was superbly convenient. It wasn't a bad stay.

All the doors are extremely noisy ; they keep slamming. There could be more washbasins

Great place to stay to get some quality time with someone you love. To take à step back from everyday stuff and relax. Clean rooms with comfortable beds and personal fridge, got a good night sleep there that I needed.

• 29th May 2014
  • Poland

The hotel was in an excellent location close to transport links (tube stations). The room was very small but ample for our one night stay and the price we paid.

everything new, very good location, nice rooms.

We had a very nice stay at Abercorn House Hostel. On our first night, it was very noisy out in hall (loud talking, walking and door slamming) since about 5 or 6 in the morning - but it way still okay, only a bit annoying. However, our room was nice and spacious and the location of the Hostel is great! Toilets and showers are in good condition, however showers could use some cleaning in the corners and on the ceiling. Still, Totally worth the money and really good value for money :-)

All was going well until we found the blood stains on the sheets. The staff were happy to supply clean bedding and the rest of the accommodation was clean however. Still put us off staying here again though

London abercorm Did not enjoy my stay there. The good aspects are: it is 2 Blocks away from metro/bus station - but 40 min away from the center of london by bus. And they have towels. But the doors make too much noise, there are too many people there,huge place. Cleaning people start cleaning it at like 7 am and make too much noise while cleaning - they talk loud and really dont care if they will wake you up. Staff not friendly. Bathrooms not clean and not practical.

Me and my friend stayed in a twin room and were quite satisfied with our stay. The location is very convenient with only 1 min walk to Hammersmith station (connections to 4 different tube lines!). Everything was quite clean and I didn't think the cleaning liquid smell was too overwhelming (as many reviewers complained). The walls are quite thin so you hear a lot of door-smashing but we still got a lot more sleep than we would have in a 16 bed dorm for the same price. Would probably come again.

You could pass the reception without anyone asking where u are headed even if they saw you for the first time. The walls (or isolation) is really bad - you can hear every single voice. Doors in the halls are heavy and hard to open - inconvenient if you have hand full of luggage.

Excellent option if staying a few extra nights in London on a budget. Room was bigger and more comfortable than I expected and very clean. Facilities were good - plenty of showers, toilets etc on each floor. Internet is £1 per hour isn't too bad (connection was excellent and reliable during my stay). Its 1 min from Hammersmith station and there is a Nandos 30seconds away (bonus!). Main negative was the thin wall of room adjoining the corridor (not between rooms) so can hear doors slamming etc.

I stayed with a friend in a double room + we were happy with our stay! The staff was friendly and helpful, good connection to 4 tube lines. Can't say much about the atmosphere as we did not really meet other people there, but everyone I met was friendly. Everything was clean! Showers and toilets were good and apparently new. It was sometimes a bit loud late at night, but not being a light sleeper, I didn't mind + you probably also can't really avoid it. I would definitely stay again!

• 9th May 2014

The guy at the reception was a total buzz kill. Very uninviting and unfriendly. The room that smelled way too much of cleaning liquid. I had to open the window for fresh air every time I entered the room. WiFi is quite expensive - 1 GBP Per Hour. Kitchens do not have any utensils and bathrooms had messed up showers and no hanger for clothes. It's not exactly a friendly backpacker's hostel, more like a highway Motel. Would not stay again unless I absolutely have to.

Good transport options, noisy doors but silent neighbours. We were on the second floor with only one shared bathroom which can not be locked. But five kitchen were on that floor. Not bad, ideal for sleeping some nights.