Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

Very clear place, quite, 1 minute from the underground and cheaper.... I am satisfied of my choose

• 27th Feb 2015

Unfriendly stuff, loveless furnished double rooms, showers aren't hot, walls are very thin so that you can hear everything, extremely loud. I would definitely not recommend this hostel.

• 27th Feb 2015

Shower is cold and is very very weak. Bathroom is cold. Good location, clean. Good value for money.

clean, cheap, quiet, well-located - basically all I needed

We really enjoyed our stay. A few small issues: the room was extremely warm in the night and we couldnt figure out how to turn the radiator off, and there was no bedside lamp.

• 21st Feb 2015

Would recommend anytime

• 21st Feb 2015

Stayed in a double ensuite, room wasn't perfect but good enough!

Excellent value for the money! Very clean rooms and bathrooms! It's a bit out of the way for London City Centre, but as we were there for a concert at the Shepherds Bush Empire the location was perfect. Even if one wants to see London City, for the value it's no big deal taking the Underground for 20 minutes.

This Hostel is ok if you just want a cheap room in London for one night, but personally I wouldn't be able to stay here longer than just one night. The rooms themselves are just basic, rooms and beds are clean but they don't have a bathroom or toilet. The toilets are just the same as public toilets with cubicles and I didn't use the showers. The cleaners are rude as one came in shouting we need to check out and we would be charged, when we didn't need to check out yet and weren't charged.

• 14th Feb 2015

Dear Sir you booked twin shared shower &toilet if you booked suite room different price and check out time before 11 am because we have to clean the room to gave the room to other booking best regards

My comment was left in danish: Da vi ankom til hostellet, var de desværre igang med at renovere ved vores værelser, så vi blev sendt med gratis taxa fra Abercorn, ind til Gonative (4-stjernet hotel) midt i London - uden ekstra betaling! Derfor kan jeg ikke rigtig vide hvordan det var på abercorn, men servicen var da fuld i top! Tusind tak for jeres venlighed!!

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Denmark

Very good rooms, Good value for London, Helpful and friendly staff.

It's really easy to reach from the tube. I actually did'nt stay at the hostel. Had my booking, but when I arrived there, I was told that there was a problem with my room, and that I'd be transferred to a different hostel. The other hostel was pretty good, have nothing to complain about it. But it was on the other side of the city (Marylebone). Took us around 40 minutes to get there (Albercorn set us with a taxi and paid for it) and it was an inconvenient. Once there, had a great stay!

The water in the showers was rather cold and with not enough pressure and after you press the button, the water only pours for a couple of seconds. Overall, the experience of taking a shower in the bathrooms was a very unpleasant one.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

New renovated rooms and toilets are good. One thing I did not like was a room mate who kept food in the room that was stinking. Maybe she was staying long term.

Great location, just minutes from Hammersmith tube station and lots of nearby pubs and shops. Fairly quiet hostel which seems more like a hotel. Good facilities apart from there was nothing in the kitchen, no pans or other equipment. An incident occurred whilst we were staying in the hostel which the staff seemed to deal with quite well, however there is definitely a need for increased security in the hostel. We didn't need to give any ID on signing in & front door was open to anyone.

Bathroom very noisy but ventilator can be turned off. Door isolation very bad, you hear everybody outside the room... But price is very low for a couple with bathroom included. And subway is at 2 min walk maximum.

• 31st Jan 2015

Friendly staff, great location. Walking distance from train and bus station. Lots of great shops and cafes in area. Great value for central London.

• 30th Jan 2015

Great location, got a twin room instead of single (as paid for), room was very warm but shared bathroom was quite cold.

I stayed there for a week I enjoyed my stay but it was bit noisy, showers were very cold, heating was very good. Kitchen is very basic. Wifi is expensive £1/h. Staff are ok not bad. There's construction work going on next to the building (a big project) so you can't stay in the day at the hostel whatsoever. No carpet on the floor it's feel like I'm in the hospital that's why if someone is walking outside your room you can hear them very loud.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Pakistan

Basic Hostel. We stayed in the deluxe double ensuite room. It was very small, and basic. but if you just want a comfy bed, and somewhere not too expensive, then it's a good stay. It's a quit hostel, no loud noise, on a cul-de-sac street, so no traffic.