Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

This Hostel is ok if you just want a cheap room in London for one night, but personally I wouldn't be able to stay here longer than just one night. The rooms themselves are just basic, rooms and beds are clean but they don't have a bathroom or toilet. The toilets are just the same as public toilets with cubicles and I didn't use the showers. The cleaners are rude as one came in shouting we need to check out and we would be charged, when we didn't need to check out yet and weren't charged.

• 14th Feb 2015

Dear Sir you booked twin shared shower &toilet if you booked suite room different price and check out time before 11 am because we have to clean the room to gave the room to other booking best regards

My comment was left in danish: Da vi ankom til hostellet, var de desværre igang med at renovere ved vores værelser, så vi blev sendt med gratis taxa fra Abercorn, ind til Gonative (4-stjernet hotel) midt i London - uden ekstra betaling! Derfor kan jeg ikke rigtig vide hvordan det var på abercorn, men servicen var da fuld i top! Tusind tak for jeres venlighed!!

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Denmark

Very good rooms, Good value for London, Helpful and friendly staff.

It's really easy to reach from the tube. I actually did'nt stay at the hostel. Had my booking, but when I arrived there, I was told that there was a problem with my room, and that I'd be transferred to a different hostel. The other hostel was pretty good, have nothing to complain about it. But it was on the other side of the city (Marylebone). Took us around 40 minutes to get there (Albercorn set us with a taxi and paid for it) and it was an inconvenient. Once there, had a great stay!

The water in the showers was rather cold and with not enough pressure and after you press the button, the water only pours for a couple of seconds. Overall, the experience of taking a shower in the bathrooms was a very unpleasant one.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

New renovated rooms and toilets are good. One thing I did not like was a room mate who kept food in the room that was stinking. Maybe she was staying long term.

Great location, just minutes from Hammersmith tube station and lots of nearby pubs and shops. Fairly quiet hostel which seems more like a hotel. Good facilities apart from there was nothing in the kitchen, no pans or other equipment. An incident occurred whilst we were staying in the hostel which the staff seemed to deal with quite well, however there is definitely a need for increased security in the hostel. We didn't need to give any ID on signing in & front door was open to anyone.

Bathroom very noisy but ventilator can be turned off. Door isolation very bad, you hear everybody outside the room... But price is very low for a couple with bathroom included. And subway is at 2 min walk maximum.

• 31st Jan 2015

Friendly staff, great location. Walking distance from train and bus station. Lots of great shops and cafes in area. Great value for central London.

Great location, got a twin room instead of single (as paid for), room was very warm but shared bathroom was quite cold.

I stayed there for a week I enjoyed my stay but it was bit noisy, showers were very cold, heating was very good. Kitchen is very basic. Wifi is expensive £1/h. Staff are ok not bad. There's construction work going on next to the building (a big project) so you can't stay in the day at the hostel whatsoever. No carpet on the floor it's feel like I'm in the hospital that's why if someone is walking outside your room you can hear them very loud.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Pakistan

Basic Hostel. We stayed in the deluxe double ensuite room. It was very small, and basic. but if you just want a comfy bed, and somewhere not too expensive, then it's a good stay. It's a quit hostel, no loud noise, on a cul-de-sac street, so no traffic.

Decent place to stay - but they never returned my email regarding questions. You get what you pay for - decent place decent price.

• 15th Jan 2015

The hostel is very clean and in a good location but FREEZING. No heaters in corridors or in bathrooms, and the heater in my room was broken. Doors to fire escapes are left open by smokers and cleaning staff which lets the winter air right in. I would recommend staying here in summer.

• 15th Jan 2015

The Abercorn House Hostel is very clean and in a good condition. Nice bedrooms and big bathrooms. It is in a good location cause the bus- and underground station are just a two minute walk away. For London it's a very good price as well. I can really recommend it!

• 9th Jan 2015

the hostel is situated in a very noisy side of town. At night, sirens are going off, and traffic is loud. During the day there is a construction site next door. they put me in a room that had a power generator right outside my window and i couldn't sleep. But staff were helpful and moved me to a more quiet room. The hostel needs better windows that shut out the noise.

COLD shared toilet and shower room!!

• 1st Jan 2015

I had no choice when going to London on new years, this was the only place with a affordable price for me. Therefore I risked a lower ranked property, but oh my, i should have spent more for better. The doors facing fire stairs in the corridors wore always open, and chilly, to take a bath you have to cross the artic, and to a button press no temperature controlled shower, that the water flow stops when you hit the button. I may go on (internet, staff), but my characters are limited

The hostel location is good, close to the tube and the rooms are clean. The staff are not very friendly or helpful. You have to pay for which is very annoying. There are no lockers or anything in the rooms to store valuables. The bathrooms are dirty and the showers on our level didn't even work. People, including staff, are always smoking in the fire escapes which makes all the hallways smell like cigarettes despite no smoking signs.

• 31st Dec 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel, however was extremely put off by this odd stain/gunk on the wall near the bed pillows in what I think was room 312. It looked as if someone sneezed in their hand and rubbed it on the wall. My stay was so lovely, but cannot get that image of the green stain on the wall out of my mind! If that odd mark wasn't there (it really was very gross)- Id highly recommend staying there!

• 31st Dec 2014