Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

Great place to stay. I slept and left early in the morning. Clean bathrooms, tidy and clean room and sheets. I stayed in a 4-bed room and it also included wardrobe and fridge. Greatest plus: 2-3 mins walk to Hammersmith station. Value for money, for sure. Also, I almost swept on the floor while leaving on the morning, because of the too much cleaning liquid.

I was put in on the first floor. The room was Awful, The doors in the building slam ALL NIGHT, the TV door, the front door, the hall way doors. I got almost no sleep the whole trip. The fellows at the front were not very warm people. I was really impressed with the cleanness of the room. It was very clean. The smell of cleaner was VERY evident the first night, but it was okay, it really made me feel the room was clean. The location was AMAZING as well. right next to train.

• 13th Apr 2014

the hostel used excessive cleaning detergent affect the entire hallway.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

The hostel was very simple, but we had all we needed and even more (the fridge for example). Good value for the money we paid, I wouldn't mind to go back there if staying at London again.

Really nice place. You have Hammersmith station in 5 mins walk, the reception is open 24 hours, very clean and the bed all cozy The only cons are: the WIFI has to be paid and the shower head wasn´t working very well and it was fixed to the wall. Also all the noises came from within the house, I could hear the next door customers snoring

Paid for a ground floor ensuite room and was given 4th floor with no lift, bedroom very small,mattress in V shape should not be there,bed base unstable,extremely noise early morning as construction going on next door (not been told), would rather avoid booking again.

• 9th Apr 2014

Staff were very helpful and approachable. An improvement would be some cushioning of the doors when they close. They bang and echo through the building disturbing the peacefulness of the surround. thanks to all who made it an enjoyable stay.

• 9th Apr 2014

The hostel is located in a pretty good spot. Just two minutes from Hammersmith station where you can take a bus or tube to get to the city. The rooms are clean and have everything you need. We even had a little fridge! Also there is a little kitchen on every floor. In there you have access to a water heater, an oven, a microwave and even a normal cooking plate. Put unfortunately there are no pans, which makes the cooking plate kind of unusable really. Also you dont get free wifi. £5 for 5h!

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Security - the fire escape: anyone could have gone to the hostel despite cameras (I highly doubt they were watches all the time). The luggage room was outside in not really secure place also. Location: 4 tube lines, even though it wasnt close to the center the connection was good Staff: they were behind glass, they did just what they needed, no extra help, we even hesitated to ask questions not to bother them clean: rooms fine, women bathroom hair everywhere even after cleaning no free wifi

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

Clean the bedroom !

• 4th Apr 2014

Though it's good to be aware that cleaning does go on wherever you stay, the smell of disinfectant at this hostel was overpowering (even in the bedrooms). The sounds of doors slamming shut throughout the night also meant that sleeping for any length of time was impossible - even in a private room.

Next time I'm in London I'll stay here. stayed in 4 hostels drriing 10 days in England. This was the best.!

Finally, I have the answer why Abercorn House has the odd policy of not supplying cooking utensils though it has copious kitchens. It all has to do with the poor housekeeping habits of some hostel guests twinned with the Abercorn emphasis on cleanliness and hygiene. Good show, Abercorn. After many nights in hostels infested by filthy young people who cannot clean up after themselves, this attitude is a breath of freshness. Abercorn House, you now are my Number One pied-a-terre in London.

Just what you are looking for. Great location, close to the center and ridiculously close to Hammersmith station. The rooms are just okay, they are clean, not decorated, nothing fancy, but kind of new, not in a state of decay, as many hostels are nowadays. If you are looking for a place to rest and spend the rest of the day sightseeing, this is the place. The staff... Not perceivable, but you don't need it, anyway. If you are looking for a friendly atmosphere or somenthing, not your place.

The hostel was super clean and nice. The only negative thing was that as it was cleaned daily with apparently very strong cleaning agents the whole hostel smelled of them. Sometimes during the day so much that if you stayed in the hallway (where the smell was the strongest) for a while your head would start to hurt. Didn't bother us too much thought as the only time we spent at the hostel was in our room sleeping. At least showers and toilets were definitely clean and so was the room:D

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Finland

Not what you expect from a hostel to backpackers. It's more a place to live for a few weeks (which most people do). They got confused with my reservation, and there was someone in my bed when arrived late at night.

Would definitely recommend this place to anyone on a budget who is staying in London for a number of nights. Close to the tube, close to the city centre and the hostels facilities are new and very clean. Great value for money!

• 5th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

I was at Abercorn Hostel for 3 nights. The location is great, less than 2 min from the tube station, where you can take Piccadilly, Circle, District and Hammersmith lines. The hostel was really clean, they change our towells once. You have to pay for the wifi, 1 pound/hour and theres not a really "hostel atmosphere", I would say that is nearer to be a hotel in this way.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Spain

I miss the community room. The people too are separated from each other. At least at the buffet tables and chairs could be. The cleaning the corridors and sanitary places neatly kept ok, but our room in the trash can not emptied once during the three days.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Hungary

I stayed at the hostel on the 28th Feb 2014. No issues with how clean it was infact found it to be cleaner than most hotels. only trouble I found is there was little to none on the security front. anyone could gain access to hotel anytime. some of the residents were very noisy. The toilets and wash facilities were quite a way from my room. there was a lot of blood over the floor and toilet handle which worried my partner allot . this made our stay unpleasant.

• 28th Feb 2014