Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

DON'T! They literally stole my money. The guy at the reception (Barzan) doesn't even know how to read (not kidding). I cancelled my reservation 24 hours in advance and he denied this because he understood that I was thinking of cancelling rather than actually cancelling as there was a question mark in the email... I raised this issue with the manager but I couldn't ever get hold of him because he was 'too busy' or 'not here'. Tried getting in touch with hostelworld and no answer either.

• 29th May 2015

The location was really good as there were at least 2 supermarkets and multiple shops (e.g. Primark) nearby, and Hammersmith station was served by 2 Tube lines. However, it would have been better if more furniture was provided in the rooms, and if more showers had warm water.

Very . . . industrial. There's absolutely no character. The hostel is clean enough, but there are some frustrating things. The bathrooms have very small sinks with no shelves or anything to use at night for toiletries. The showers are push button showers, so they turn off every 30 seconds or so, and the water wasn't warm at all. The kitchens are very bare. Each room has a mini fridge and some plates and forks and such in it. Location is ok, not great. Fine for a stop over place to sleep I guess.

No hot shower during our stay.

Absolutely appalling service. I have had to contact trading standards who are launching a full investigation. The hotel staff are the most sarcastic, insulting and intimidating I have ever come across. I simply did not feel safe at the hotel. The receptionist and manager quite blatantly spoke in another language in front of me laughing and making me feel very unsafe. They changed the cancellation policy on the spot, an illegal practice. When I raised my concerns, they were hostile and rude.

• 5th May 2015
  • Northern Ireland

thank you for your comment . as i have cheded your booking . you stayed 2 nights . and we refund 4 nights & 1 night you have been for LATE CANCELATION You are not telling the turh, the manager DID NOT see you at all. 2nd You are rude and Al you want is refund . and we did that .. what ever you said is not tru becasue . We recived phone call from your family and told us to look after you . We do have al recoords. plesae i am asking hostelworld.com to remove this comment .

I stayed there back in May 2015 we arrived early & got lucky our room was ready 20 minutes after we got there. It was brand new and clean. We really appreciate the hostel. Everything was clean. Although depending on where your room is, you'll be close/far from the bathroom. And there were no wifi in the room.

I didn't like that I had to pay for the wifi. I'd rather pay the room more to have wifi 24h included. Also, I had to pay by cash even though credit card was an available payment methods'. Regardless, the room was small but good enough to stay 3 nights and the position was excellent: Many restaurants, a mall, two metro lines, many buses, a riverside walk in just few steps from the hostel. It was very easy to go and come from london city center at any time.

wifi was expensive, no idea if breakfast was given or not. Nobody gave me the information.

Stayed here a single night with a friend, got changed to a twin room with en-suite bathroom rather than our standard double room booking which was great. Staff were a bit slow at check-in but friendly enough. Room and facilities couldn't be faulted and it was fairly well priced for a private room so close to Hammersmith station. Would certainly stay here again

I will be staying here for every London trip from now on!

• 27th Apr 2015

There was frequently no hot water in the morning. The walls are very thin and if you are a light sleeper you may have trouble getting to sleep. A framed picture or print would be nice, maybe a shelf or something beside the bed to put away stuff.

Clean and tidy but facilities a bit rubbish- no tea towels or dishwashing liquid and no pots or pans to cook with. Very noisy (due to the nature of the building) so i would recommend ear plugs.

wifi is not free

Good Value for money and Excellent location located close to the tube. Had to make a sudden cancellation and the staff was happy to assist me! Would strongly recommend and happily stay again, Thankyou! :)

• 13th Apr 2015
  • China

This location is very good tubes , shops and taxis all 5 mins away.

• 12th Apr 2015

when we got close to the property we felt unsafe. Some strange characters were standing in front. There are lots of foreign men there. The whole place appeared to be a hostle the council uses to place asylum seekers. Our room was very basic and furniture broken. It was clean but very noisy throughout the night. It really was not a pleasant experience and we would never stay again. In fact we nearly did not go in but as we had paid and all other hotels on the day charged triple we had no other ch

• 11th Apr 2015

Only stayed 1 night but absolutely NO complaints.Friendly staff always available.Excellent place to stay in London

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Good value for money. Great location and super clean. A bit noisy in the mornings as the super thorough cleaners get going and the walls are thin. Our only big issue with the place is that it doesn't supply any pots or pans or basic supplies at all so you have to get creative with the oven and microwave or buy your own. There also aren't any tea towels to dry the dishes. They do offer nice towels for your showers and have a nice little garden out the back. Overall, happy to visit again. Thx

There was mold all over the shower rooms. Walls are very thin.

Arrived late at night and told we were being moved elsewhere due to maintenance work. At no extra cost we spent our weekend in a huge, well kept apartment just a 5 minute walk from Oxford Street. After worrying at first, having seen some negative reviews with a similar story, we were pleasantly surprised - definitely worth the 45 minute wait for the taxi from Abercorn to the apartment.

• 3rd Apr 2015