Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

The hostel was located very close to the tube. My room felt clean and the shower was very nice (single bed room). The staff were very nice. Spent most my time out of the hostel. It's a great spot if you want an affordable, clean place to stay. They had plates and cutlery in my room which was convenient. No cooking equipment in the kitchen but I only used the microwave. I would stay there again.

Great location, ideal for a weekend with friends but not advisable for sole travelers who wish to cook in. Kitchen equipment none existent and no hostel social atmosphere.

It was very clean and in comparison to my other London experiences, it was one of the best accommodations I had - particularly the value for the price was great. I would definitely come back in the future.

The room was very clean and very warm. It has a fridge inside that is quite handy. However, we could not sleep at all because it was very noisy: people in the corridors, the cleaners shouting and the receptionist did not seem to be worried about it because they did nothing to make them been quiet.

Abercorn House Hostel was great! Clean, spacious, and modern hostel with an easy process for checking-in and out. We definitiely recommend it! Thank you!

• 15th Feb 2014

Everything was wonderfull , people, acomodation, clen room, nice room... :) thank U.

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Poland

I booked a double bed room and at first I was given a room with two single mattresses together. The mattresses were horrible, smelly and with no comfort at all.I complained about it and the reception sent the porter to replace them. Then I was given another room with slightly better mattresses. Very noisy during the night. The tiles on the corridor produces an echo every time someone walks through it. The Wi-Fi is ridiculously expensive (one pound/hour). I will never come back again.

Very nice rooms and good location, but we found the kitchens rather poor equipped. Still had a brilliant stay!

• 12th Feb 2014

Only stayed a night. Staff friendly, gave me a free upgrade to a double room with own bathroom as there was one available when I only paid for a single with shared bathroom. Only problem was the shower was cold but other than that it was fine for a one night stay.

• 8th Feb 2014

Great hostel. The location is alrright. Showers and toilets always clean. Beds comfortable. Very expensive wifi. The attention in the hostel is horrible. Im pretty sure that the attention in a concentration camp were better that the one that the persons in the reception gave. If you are looking for help and to know where to go in london. Dont ask this people or neither stay here

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

If your looking for a cheap but clean place in London this is hostel is definitely recommendable! Convineantly located next to Hammersmith Station.

• 25th Jan 2014

Great Location. Great Staff, very helpful. Always stay here when I visit London.

The staff wasn't exactly unfriendly, but they weren't very friendly or helpfull or spontanious either. The only other guests I met were on the way to or from the bathroom, which didn't really matter because I was with my boyfriend, but if you'd be there by yourself it'd be very lonely I guess. The bathrooms were quite clean, but our room wasn't so much, or actually the bed. There were hairs and stains in it, the fridge and table were clean though. Location is perfect.

• 3rd Jan 2014

Stayed in this hostel before and had a pleasant experience so we were happy to return for a second time. Was pleasantly surprised to see renovations done since our last visit but the quality of the rooms and facilities had majorly gone downhill. Our room didn't have a table, a chair, a working heater, a cupboard/wardrobe; not even a place to hang a coat. Our room looked dirty, the outside AND inside of our pillows and our bed was covered in hair. The showers were like garden sprinklers.

• 28th Dec 2013

It would be better if we could have access to (at least) basic equipment to cook. The oven and the toaster didn't work and there were no pan and cauldron, so it's impossible to cook. The guy at the reception told us we must have ours, there are not a lot a people who travel with his own pans. The bathroom could have been cleaner. It felt more in an hotel than in a hostel, no atmosphere

Hostel? This is not a hostel... come on! The have 3 or 4 kitchens but no utensils. Wanna cook? No pans, no dishes, no forks, knives. They do not have anything!!! Be aware! They have microwave and brand new stoves (I'm not impressed, given that they do not provide anything nobody uses them). If you are planning to hang out with other people or cook a nice dinner/lunch/breakfast/whatever, run away from this place. Internet is also expensive.

• 23rd Dec 2013

Very friendly staff, very clean, wonderful location, good value for money

Excellent hostel. Very white and clean. You get towels, sheets, bed, basin WC and a quiet nights sleep.

• 5th Dec 2013

Very clean, quiet, nice place and good value for the money. Located about 5 min walk from Hammersmith tube spot. Great hostel if you are looking for a quiet, safe, clean place to stay outside of the main city center.

Very clean hostel - the atmosphere was more like a hotel though. Located near the underground station but the street was quiet and seemed a little dodgy at first. We booked two double rooms, both clean and good. Bathroom was decent too. KItchen facilities were pretty good. Staff had quite an indifferent attitude, and there was no hostel vibe - it just felt like a very clean simple hotel.