Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

It's a nice place but just very basic. However I found it clean and tidy. There is quite a bit of noise but there was a large group of young men when we were there. Overall I was happy with my experience. It would be unrealistic to expect more for such a good price in such a central location.

• 8th Nov 2013

We had no heating in the room (November) and no wifi

doors banging at all times! d oors need to have gentle spring closers to eliminate the constant banging

• 6th Nov 2013

I spent one day in this hostel with my friend. Everything was fine except the wifi. The wifi is not free of charge. You need to pay for the wifi . The l

Very nice hostel - extremely clean, and good location. Bit of noise at night, but it is London! Would definitely revisit. Only thing to note is that the left luggage facilities aren't the best - a locked shed outside of the hostel. However, I left my case and it was perfectly fine.

• 5th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

hoste was clean,but it depend on what kind of people stay in. shower power is weak and I need hand shower, also they stop soon. this is very unconvinience. and light is turn off soon. I was schard..........

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • Japan

You won't find cheaper private rooms in London. Not too close to the city center but only two minutes away from the tube station - really convenient! Walls are not too thik so you could hear people in other rooms speaking. And there were no blinds so the room was really bright in the morning. However, all those things are small compared to the average quality price of the stay :)

The guys in the entrance were not welcoming at all. The water from the tap in the bathrooms and restrooms is hot so that you need to buy bottles of water to be able to drink anything when inside the hostel. A pretty good deal for an accomodation in London as it is cheap for this expensive city but the place is not very comfortable...

super nice location and clean. But we had few problems: 1. you had to pay for the wifi, 2. the kitchen didnt have things to cook, so if you were planing to eat there you had to bring your own stuffs (pan, oil, etc, ect)3. We wanted to buy something in the hostal's store so we asked the girl at the reception. She said: OOOh dear! if its close, it's close... at the end she sold us one chocolate but firs, that was kinda rude and second PUT SOMETHING WHERE IT IS SAID THE SCHEDULE OF THE STORE!

The hostel is located 1 minute away from Hammersmith station which is well served all around the clock. The double private is nice and clean. The staff is not particularly nice although not rude. The only bad aspect of this hostel is that wi-fi is not free but it costs 1£ per hour. Apart from that, I would recommend this place.

Even though I had a private room the sound of people coming and going kept me awake. The lack of a lift was also a bit painful after a long trip with a heavy suitcase. That being said, the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Very unhelpful staff.

Abercorn house is a great place to stay while visiting london. It's literally minutes from Hammersmith centre which has excellent transport links, and tons of great places to eat and shop. We've stopped here twice and both times have enjoyed our stay. Rooms are modern very clean and also very warm. You are provided with crockey and cutlery and a fridge and although there are clean communal kitchens there are no pans! Also don't forget that they don't take cards! Otherwise a great place to stay.

• 24th Oct 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights(standard double room, shared bathroom),liked the hostel.The only thing that annoyed us was the noise from the hallway. People come at 2 am in the room next to us, let the music loud and shouting so loud and whole night you cant sleep. While walking through the hall people talking loud no matter whether it is day or night, banging the door. I think that on all the doors of the hall should write: do not slam the door and yelling while walking down the hall.

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Croatia

I had booked the bed and I had the confirmation in my hand. It was 8:00 pm I was going to check in.i met a very grumpy and rude staff. they had given away my bed because I was late. I wasn't able to find a new place that late and had to sleep on the street. Never again!

Dear Guest, Our system shows that you stayed in room 132 for 2 nights not on the street as you said, you paid by card R.NO 2477.I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay in our hostel. Concerning the staff, our staff is very kind and helpful as everybody mention that in their comments. Hopefully you will take our hostel into consideration when you come to London next time. With pleasure I would take personally care of your booking. Sahil

There's a kitchen but nothing to cook with! Guys on counters were like bouncers not customer service representatives. Very noisy in courtyard below so we couldn't sleep. Very clean is it's redeeming feature.

Very clean and professional. More like a hotel with dorm rooms so you get better cleanliness than a normal hostel. Hammer smith is a great safe area. Only downer is paying for wifi. Also is you are looking to meet lots of people and to socialise this isn't the place for you, mainly due to its hotel feel.

I have already sent in a review when I wrote enthusiastically of Abercorn House and the usefullness of a reasonably priced place in the centre of London.

• 13th Oct 2013
  • Couple, 41+

I think the facilities are OK apart from that no lockers are available. I think this is quite a shortcoming. Otherwise very clean and modern hostel. Lighting in bedrooms is a bit too bright after my liking.. not good after hours.

• 13th Oct 2013

Big hostel, enough kitchens, toilets and showers available. Rooms were clean and hostel in general as well, but people should leave the bathrooms cleaner when they have used them. Good location, very close to the tube station (Hammersmith) and not too far from the city center. Luggage storage, tv room, laundry etc. everything you need is offered. Breakfast would be nice.