Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

The hostel was super clean and nice. The only negative thing was that as it was cleaned daily with apparently very strong cleaning agents the whole hostel smelled of them. Sometimes during the day so much that if you stayed in the hallway (where the smell was the strongest) for a while your head would start to hurt. Didn't bother us too much thought as the only time we spent at the hostel was in our room sleeping. At least showers and toilets were definitely clean and so was the room:D

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Finland

Not what you expect from a hostel to backpackers. It's more a place to live for a few weeks (which most people do). They got confused with my reservation, and there was someone in my bed when arrived late at night.

Would definitely recommend this place to anyone on a budget who is staying in London for a number of nights. Close to the tube, close to the city centre and the hostels facilities are new and very clean. Great value for money!

• 5th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

I was at Abercorn Hostel for 3 nights. The location is great, less than 2 min from the tube station, where you can take Piccadilly, Circle, District and Hammersmith lines. The hostel was really clean, they change our towells once. You have to pay for the wifi, 1 pound/hour and theres not a really "hostel atmosphere", I would say that is nearer to be a hotel in this way.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Spain

I miss the community room. The people too are separated from each other. At least at the buffet tables and chairs could be. The cleaning the corridors and sanitary places neatly kept ok, but our room in the trash can not emptied once during the three days.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Hungary

I stayed at the hostel on the 28th Feb 2014. No issues with how clean it was infact found it to be cleaner than most hotels. only trouble I found is there was little to none on the security front. anyone could gain access to hotel anytime. some of the residents were very noisy. The toilets and wash facilities were quite a way from my room. there was a lot of blood over the floor and toilet handle which worried my partner allot . this made our stay unpleasant.

• 28th Feb 2014

The hostel was located very close to the tube. My room felt clean and the shower was very nice (single bed room). The staff were very nice. Spent most my time out of the hostel. It's a great spot if you want an affordable, clean place to stay. They had plates and cutlery in my room which was convenient. No cooking equipment in the kitchen but I only used the microwave. I would stay there again.

Great location, ideal for a weekend with friends but not advisable for sole travelers who wish to cook in. Kitchen equipment none existent and no hostel social atmosphere.

It was very clean and in comparison to my other London experiences, it was one of the best accommodations I had - particularly the value for the price was great. I would definitely come back in the future.

The room was very clean and very warm. It has a fridge inside that is quite handy. However, we could not sleep at all because it was very noisy: people in the corridors, the cleaners shouting and the receptionist did not seem to be worried about it because they did nothing to make them been quiet.

Abercorn House Hostel was great! Clean, spacious, and modern hostel with an easy process for checking-in and out. We definitiely recommend it! Thank you!

• 15th Feb 2014

Everything was wonderfull , people, acomodation, clen room, nice room... :) thank U.

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Poland

I booked a double bed room and at first I was given a room with two single mattresses together. The mattresses were horrible, smelly and with no comfort at all.I complained about it and the reception sent the porter to replace them. Then I was given another room with slightly better mattresses. Very noisy during the night. The tiles on the corridor produces an echo every time someone walks through it. The Wi-Fi is ridiculously expensive (one pound/hour). I will never come back again.

Very nice rooms and good location, but we found the kitchens rather poor equipped. Still had a brilliant stay!

• 12th Feb 2014

Only stayed a night. Staff friendly, gave me a free upgrade to a double room with own bathroom as there was one available when I only paid for a single with shared bathroom. Only problem was the shower was cold but other than that it was fine for a one night stay.

• 8th Feb 2014

Great hostel. The location is alrright. Showers and toilets always clean. Beds comfortable. Very expensive wifi. The attention in the hostel is horrible. Im pretty sure that the attention in a concentration camp were better that the one that the persons in the reception gave. If you are looking for help and to know where to go in london. Dont ask this people or neither stay here

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

If your looking for a cheap but clean place in London this is hostel is definitely recommendable! Convineantly located next to Hammersmith Station.

Great Location. Great Staff, very helpful. Always stay here when I visit London.

The staff wasn't exactly unfriendly, but they weren't very friendly or helpfull or spontanious either. The only other guests I met were on the way to or from the bathroom, which didn't really matter because I was with my boyfriend, but if you'd be there by yourself it'd be very lonely I guess. The bathrooms were quite clean, but our room wasn't so much, or actually the bed. There were hairs and stains in it, the fridge and table were clean though. Location is perfect.

• 3rd Jan 2014

Stayed in this hostel before and had a pleasant experience so we were happy to return for a second time. Was pleasantly surprised to see renovations done since our last visit but the quality of the rooms and facilities had majorly gone downhill. Our room didn't have a table, a chair, a working heater, a cupboard/wardrobe; not even a place to hang a coat. Our room looked dirty, the outside AND inside of our pillows and our bed was covered in hair. The showers were like garden sprinklers.

• 28th Dec 2013