Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

Very unhelpful staff.

Abercorn house is a great place to stay while visiting london. It's literally minutes from Hammersmith centre which has excellent transport links, and tons of great places to eat and shop. We've stopped here twice and both times have enjoyed our stay. Rooms are modern very clean and also very warm. You are provided with crockey and cutlery and a fridge and although there are clean communal kitchens there are no pans! Also don't forget that they don't take cards! Otherwise a great place to stay.

• 24th Oct 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights(standard double room, shared bathroom),liked the hostel.The only thing that annoyed us was the noise from the hallway. People come at 2 am in the room next to us, let the music loud and shouting so loud and whole night you cant sleep. While walking through the hall people talking loud no matter whether it is day or night, banging the door. I think that on all the doors of the hall should write: do not slam the door and yelling while walking down the hall.

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Croatia

I had booked the bed and I had the confirmation in my hand. It was 8:00 pm I was going to check in.i met a very grumpy and rude staff. they had given away my bed because I was late. I wasn't able to find a new place that late and had to sleep on the street. Never again!

Dear Guest, Our system shows that you stayed in room 132 for 2 nights not on the street as you said, you paid by card R.NO 2477.I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay in our hostel. Concerning the staff, our staff is very kind and helpful as everybody mention that in their comments. Hopefully you will take our hostel into consideration when you come to London next time. With pleasure I would take personally care of your booking. Sahil

There's a kitchen but nothing to cook with! Guys on counters were like bouncers not customer service representatives. Very noisy in courtyard below so we couldn't sleep. Very clean is it's redeeming feature.

Very clean and professional. More like a hotel with dorm rooms so you get better cleanliness than a normal hostel. Hammer smith is a great safe area. Only downer is paying for wifi. Also is you are looking to meet lots of people and to socialise this isn't the place for you, mainly due to its hotel feel.

I have already sent in a review when I wrote enthusiastically of Abercorn House and the usefullness of a reasonably priced place in the centre of London.

• 13th Oct 2013
  • Couple, 41+

I think the facilities are OK apart from that no lockers are available. I think this is quite a shortcoming. Otherwise very clean and modern hostel. Lighting in bedrooms is a bit too bright after my liking.. not good after hours.

• 13th Oct 2013

Big hostel, enough kitchens, toilets and showers available. Rooms were clean and hostel in general as well, but people should leave the bathrooms cleaner when they have used them. Good location, very close to the tube station (Hammersmith) and not too far from the city center. Luggage storage, tv room, laundry etc. everything you need is offered. Breakfast would be nice.

Very clean and also helpfull and friendly employees

• 12th Oct 2013

I cannot feel the welcome from the staff. Every time I passed through the reception, I was ignored by the stuff who pretended not seeing anyone. Apart from that, I do like the location and other attributes of this hostel.

• 11th Oct 2013
  • China

The hostel is in good location 3 mins from tube. Also has a corner with some malls and bars next to station.Price was good and facilities kind of new. Not very cosy, but simple, reminding hospital. Shared facilities -showers, separate female showers only in 1st floor. There were some weird young ppl in the corridors. Someone knocking, smoking, felt a bit not safe to walk around in the evening. Receptionist told wrong information about tube working hours & night bus numbers, no idea why to lie...

Very good hostel, i have no to complain at all...

• 11th Oct 2013

We had a great weekend! The hostel is super near the Tube Station (a very big station with shops, bar, ...). It is cheap and clean. We had a twin ensuite and we found it very well (hot water and shampoo). We asked for the hairdiver and they give us for free (€ 5 as caution). But please: change bedclothes everyday!

• 10th Oct 2013

Possibly in the showers put up some towel hooks to hang your gear on. Otherwise us oldies had a great time in an excellent hostel. Well be back. Cheers The Weirs

Unacceptable

• 7th Oct 2013

This hostel is in an excellent location for Central London - Hammersmith tube is only a couple of minutes away (and that's being honest) and regular buses too. The rooms are bigger than I thought they would be and came with a wardrobe, table & chairs, side-table and a fridge as well as the standard double bed. I personally found the staff fine to deal with and friendly. The kitchens are basic with a microwave, toaster, kettle and sink to wash up in. However the banging from the doors is bad!

Stayed in a 4 bed dorm. Now it's not your average style of hostel, but would recommend over other hostels in the area. Completely refurbished, very clean, great location and the rooms are of a decent size. Added bonus of fridge and wardrobes in the rooms, sheets and towels changed every 3 days, cutlery /crockery provided per room. If you're really looking for your typical 'backpacker, traveler' vibe this is sadly lacking, but if you want clean, central, fairly quiet place to stay, this is it.

• 6th Oct 2013

Very good location, middle of Hammersmith - close to city bus station, underground and train station. Worked for me brilliantly. The hotel was clean; big room, with a big cupboard that has a mirror, fridge and quite comfortable bed. A little loud, even if hotel was on a side. The only problem I discovered were people who didn't know how to close doors and bang them at late hour. Beside that good place to stay and not to overpay for a night in London.

• 4th Oct 2013
  • Poland

Only 1 minute from Hammersmith tube station.

• 4th Oct 2013