Abercorn House Hostel Reviews

28 Bute Gardens, Hammersmith, London, England

Very nice hostel - extremely clean, and good location. Bit of noise at night, but it is London! Would definitely revisit. Only thing to note is that the left luggage facilities aren't the best - a locked shed outside of the hostel. However, I left my case and it was perfectly fine.

• 5th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

hoste was clean,but it depend on what kind of people stay in. shower power is weak and I need hand shower, also they stop soon. this is very unconvinience. and light is turn off soon. I was schard..........

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • Japan

You won't find cheaper private rooms in London. Not too close to the city center but only two minutes away from the tube station - really convenient! Walls are not too thik so you could hear people in other rooms speaking. And there were no blinds so the room was really bright in the morning. However, all those things are small compared to the average quality price of the stay :)

The guys in the entrance were not welcoming at all. The water from the tap in the bathrooms and restrooms is hot so that you need to buy bottles of water to be able to drink anything when inside the hostel. A pretty good deal for an accomodation in London as it is cheap for this expensive city but the place is not very comfortable...

super nice location and clean. But we had few problems: 1. you had to pay for the wifi, 2. the kitchen didnt have things to cook, so if you were planing to eat there you had to bring your own stuffs (pan, oil, etc, ect)3. We wanted to buy something in the hostal's store so we asked the girl at the reception. She said: OOOh dear! if its close, it's close... at the end she sold us one chocolate but firs, that was kinda rude and second PUT SOMETHING WHERE IT IS SAID THE SCHEDULE OF THE STORE!

The hostel is located 1 minute away from Hammersmith station which is well served all around the clock. The double private is nice and clean. The staff is not particularly nice although not rude. The only bad aspect of this hostel is that wi-fi is not free but it costs 1£ per hour. Apart from that, I would recommend this place.

Even though I had a private room the sound of people coming and going kept me awake. The lack of a lift was also a bit painful after a long trip with a heavy suitcase. That being said, the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Very unhelpful staff.

Abercorn house is a great place to stay while visiting london. It's literally minutes from Hammersmith centre which has excellent transport links, and tons of great places to eat and shop. We've stopped here twice and both times have enjoyed our stay. Rooms are modern very clean and also very warm. You are provided with crockey and cutlery and a fridge and although there are clean communal kitchens there are no pans! Also don't forget that they don't take cards! Otherwise a great place to stay.

• 24th Oct 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights(standard double room, shared bathroom),liked the hostel.The only thing that annoyed us was the noise from the hallway. People come at 2 am in the room next to us, let the music loud and shouting so loud and whole night you cant sleep. While walking through the hall people talking loud no matter whether it is day or night, banging the door. I think that on all the doors of the hall should write: do not slam the door and yelling while walking down the hall.

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Croatia

I had booked the bed and I had the confirmation in my hand. It was 8:00 pm I was going to check in.i met a very grumpy and rude staff. they had given away my bed because I was late. I wasn't able to find a new place that late and had to sleep on the street. Never again!

Dear Guest, Our system shows that you stayed in room 132 for 2 nights not on the street as you said, you paid by card R.NO 2477.I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay in our hostel. Concerning the staff, our staff is very kind and helpful as everybody mention that in their comments. Hopefully you will take our hostel into consideration when you come to London next time. With pleasure I would take personally care of your booking. Sahil

There's a kitchen but nothing to cook with! Guys on counters were like bouncers not customer service representatives. Very noisy in courtyard below so we couldn't sleep. Very clean is it's redeeming feature.

Very clean and professional. More like a hotel with dorm rooms so you get better cleanliness than a normal hostel. Hammer smith is a great safe area. Only downer is paying for wifi. Also is you are looking to meet lots of people and to socialise this isn't the place for you, mainly due to its hotel feel.

I have already sent in a review when I wrote enthusiastically of Abercorn House and the usefullness of a reasonably priced place in the centre of London.

• 13th Oct 2013
  • Couple, 41+

I think the facilities are OK apart from that no lockers are available. I think this is quite a shortcoming. Otherwise very clean and modern hostel. Lighting in bedrooms is a bit too bright after my liking.. not good after hours.

• 13th Oct 2013

Big hostel, enough kitchens, toilets and showers available. Rooms were clean and hostel in general as well, but people should leave the bathrooms cleaner when they have used them. Good location, very close to the tube station (Hammersmith) and not too far from the city center. Luggage storage, tv room, laundry etc. everything you need is offered. Breakfast would be nice.

Very clean and also helpfull and friendly employees

• 12th Oct 2013

I cannot feel the welcome from the staff. Every time I passed through the reception, I was ignored by the stuff who pretended not seeing anyone. Apart from that, I do like the location and other attributes of this hostel.

• 11th Oct 2013
  • China

The hostel is in good location 3 mins from tube. Also has a corner with some malls and bars next to station.Price was good and facilities kind of new. Not very cosy, but simple, reminding hospital. Shared facilities -showers, separate female showers only in 1st floor. There were some weird young ppl in the corridors. Someone knocking, smoking, felt a bit not safe to walk around in the evening. Receptionist told wrong information about tube working hours & night bus numbers, no idea why to lie...

Very good hostel, i have no to complain at all...

• 11th Oct 2013