Abercrombie's Farrington Inn Reviews

23 Farrington Avenue, P.O. Box #364, Allston Station, Boston, USA

Location is very nice, employees are helpful, nice to park the car. Inside the house, it smells weird, room was very old, need a renovation. One bathroom was not clean, the other was okay. If you just wanna sleep after a long sightseeing day and you don´t expect too much it´s okay.

• 19th Sep 2014

The wifi does not reach my room.

It was clean but it is so old !!!

In the morning after the first night, we could see that a mouse has been eating our biscuits we left on the floor. We were sharing the bathroom with 3 or 4 other rooms, which was a nightmare. It was always busy, and the waiting time to go to the toilets or take a shower was not acceptable. The bed was noisy and not comfortable. But appart from that, really nice staff.

Dirty & smells. Hallway & stair carpets don't get vacuumed & trash didn't get picked up during the 5 days I was there. My room smelled terrible & I needed to go to the store to get disinfectant, air freshener & paper towels. I was given a small, worn, torn rag as a towel. Bathrooms sometimes had no toilet paper. Toilets were unflushed. Bathrooms need total renovation. With tax, this grimy, smelly place cost me $150 per night. I've stayed in other hostels. This one is the worst ever.

• 10th Aug 2014

Location and security were good but it was definitely not worth the fairly high cost for a double bed room with no private bathroom and a distinct smell of cigarettes.

We saw rats in the backyard of the place.... We just saw one person and took a long time to open the door at the beginning..... The sheets felt too hard... The place is cheap and well located but it really needs some improves and a bit more dedication on the cleaning...

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Ecuador

I saw a room of a Woman and it was much better than mine and I expected a little bit more for my money.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

This modest hostel has a lot of character, which makes up for the slightly outdated building. The paint and furniture look a bit old but not downright run-down, the place is adequately clean where it counts (mattresses, linen and blankets were OK, bathroom was decent, carpets were slightly dirty but reasonable), The location is good, the area of town has lots of nice quirky shops, and we had a good stay.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Mexico

greeting was splendid! our host was a delight. free parking is very much appreciated. On the downside, I believe our 4 night stay minimum at the hostel was a bit much; I only wanted 3 nights. I have seen minimun 2 night stays, but never 4. be advised to bring ear plugs since the hostel is amidst college students (our neighbors in the next building partied pretty loudly). I asked for a fan for a hot and humid night, but none was provided (no a/c). inside the hostel was very peaceful. thank you

• 16th May 2014

Sorry about the four night minimum, we don't usually do that, but it was graduation week-end !! We do have AC, but don't usually need it until June. But I will admit that was a hot week. - AC will be in by June 1st

I am glad of spending one night on this place. They were very nice of give us facilities for our late check in. We arrived at 10 pm and they leave a key for us and some instructions.

• 13th May 2014