Abercrombie's Farrington Inn Reviews

23 Farrington Avenue, P.O. Box #364, Allston Station, Boston, USA

Location and security were good but it was definitely not worth the fairly high cost for a double bed room with no private bathroom and a distinct smell of cigarettes.

I saw a room of a Woman and it was much better than mine and I expected a little bit more for my money.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

This modest hostel has a lot of character, which makes up for the slightly outdated building. The paint and furniture look a bit old but not downright run-down, the place is adequately clean where it counts (mattresses, linen and blankets were OK, bathroom was decent, carpets were slightly dirty but reasonable), The location is good, the area of town has lots of nice quirky shops, and we had a good stay.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Mexico

greeting was splendid! our host was a delight. free parking is very much appreciated. On the downside, I believe our 4 night stay minimum at the hostel was a bit much; I only wanted 3 nights. I have seen minimun 2 night stays, but never 4. be advised to bring ear plugs since the hostel is amidst college students (our neighbors in the next building partied pretty loudly). I asked for a fan for a hot and humid night, but none was provided (no a/c). inside the hostel was very peaceful. thank you

• 16th May 2014

Sorry about the four night minimum, we don't usually do that, but it was graduation week-end !! We do have AC, but don't usually need it until June. But I will admit that was a hot week. - AC will be in by June 1st

I am glad of spending one night on this place. They were very nice of give us facilities for our late check in. We arrived at 10 pm and they leave a key for us and some instructions.

• 13th May 2014
  • Peru

Good cooking facilities in room. Room smelt of gas though, unsure where it was coming from. Shared bathroom needs some maintenance.

They offer Internet service, but we could never get connected during our entire stay. Apart from that, it is a pretty decent place.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Chile

This place was located perfectly. Itst outside city centre nut iyst close to a metro stop. You can leave your car there fot the day to site see and avoid annoying city traffic. I had checked out, left my cat and gone into Boston. When I came back they left me a note saying to call them before leaving. I had left my sound machine and they returned it to me. It's such a cute place and the staff were amazing.

Cool place to stay, with relaxed atmosphere. Great place to meet people, and friendly staff.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Norway

Never recommend this hotel. Feel insecure. Bed sheet not clean, even with a hole on it. Never never live in this hotel again.

• 28th Feb 2014