Abercrombie's Farrington Inn Reviews

23 Farrington Avenue, P.O. Box #364, Allston Station, Boston, USA

The house was very old and so dirty! No kitchen (which is I think what a hostel is about). Toilet didn't flush at some point. In front on the fridge was the floor so sticky, that my shoe almost stayed on the floor when I walked away. I didn't want to touch anything. Bathroom is very old, hard to clean. Worst hostel I ever had. It's really time to renovate the whole house. Definitely way too much money for what you get!!

Location is very nice, employees are helpful, nice to park the car. Inside the house, it smells weird, room was very old, need a renovation. One bathroom was not clean, the other was okay. If you just wanna sleep after a long sightseeing day and you don´t expect too much it´s okay.

• 19th Sep 2014

The wifi does not reach my room.

It was clean but it is so old !!!

In the morning after the first night, we could see that a mouse has been eating our biscuits we left on the floor. We were sharing the bathroom with 3 or 4 other rooms, which was a nightmare. It was always busy, and the waiting time to go to the toilets or take a shower was not acceptable. The bed was noisy and not comfortable. But appart from that, really nice staff.

Dirty & smells. Hallway & stair carpets don't get vacuumed & trash didn't get picked up during the 5 days I was there. My room smelled terrible & I needed to go to the store to get disinfectant, air freshener & paper towels. I was given a small, worn, torn rag as a towel. Bathrooms sometimes had no toilet paper. Toilets were unflushed. Bathrooms need total renovation. With tax, this grimy, smelly place cost me $150 per night. I've stayed in other hostels. This one is the worst ever.

• 10th Aug 2014

Location and security were good but it was definitely not worth the fairly high cost for a double bed room with no private bathroom and a distinct smell of cigarettes.

We saw rats in the backyard of the place.... We just saw one person and took a long time to open the door at the beginning..... The sheets felt too hard... The place is cheap and well located but it really needs some improves and a bit more dedication on the cleaning...

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Ecuador

I saw a room of a Woman and it was much better than mine and I expected a little bit more for my money.

• 18th Jun 2014