Abercrombie's Farrington Inn Reviews

23 Farrington Avenue, P.O. Box #364, Allston Station, Boston, USA

The location is excellent with this hostel/inn however there are numerous issues we encountered on our stay. The staff member we dealt with at the start of our stay was great, helpful etc. The worst came when we saw our room, a dingy, musty, disgusting room in a shared apartment type building. It was dreadful. The house had a door key for the front door and the apartment door but no key for our separate rooms which was worrying! I wouldn't stay again, old fashioned and smelt!

I couldn't sleep because of the bed's bugs :( the stuff completely absent and no soap and no shampoo so if you are traveling light like I was you will have a bad day !!

The room was in a shared building, beneath an apartment of rowdy students who were up all night setting off fireworks and partying on the veranda. They also sounded like they were constantly rearranging furniture, and it was very difficult to sleep. I would suggest reconsidering the location of these rooms as it was an awful place to try and sleep. The air conditioner was also poorly fitted in the window frame and there were large gaps that let in both cold air and noise from outside.

• 27th Sep 2013

Location wasn't too bad, still were really glad we had a car. There's this old atmosphere created, but it could do without loads of dust in the room and really bad "old room" smell which didn't go away even with all the windows open. Staff was friendly and helpful though. Would be ok if it was cheaper, but definitely feel like we overpaid quite a bit in this case.

The location was great! Very accessible to public transit. The guy that checked us in was really helpful about where to go, especially since we were there on a Monday night. But overall great experience. I wish it was a little more welcoming to a common area and meeting people but it was perfect for a quick stay and travel. Thanks Abercrombie!

• 16th Sep 2013

We had dirty blankets, which were changed to our complain. Furniture and carpets are very old and outworn. In general, the hostel has a very grubby atmosphere. We had a flatscreen TV in our room, what we don't expect from a hostel, the money should be better invested in renovation. The neighborhood is loud but restaurants, supermarket and bars are around. Staff not present and has to be called by housephone. We have seen better hostels for less money.

It was the only available hostel in Boston. The location was ok, however the place was quite creepy and weird

Abercrombie's Farrington Inn is in a great location , with two very nice male staff members who do their job well , this hostel has a great atmosphere for young travellers who want a secure and well priced place to stay . I have stayed here twice now and enjoyed it both times , great hostel :)

• 24th Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

There are no functioning telephones in the rooms. The payphone on the corner doesn't work. The staff suggested getting a calling card, but the telephone in the lobby is used by the staff. Suggestion: install a payphone in the lobby of the Farrington Inn. Suggest where guests can get a temporary cell phone for one month. Have a computer with internet access in the lobby for guests to use. Please offer monthly rates.

• 22nd Aug 2013

I got woken up by a bed-bug crawling in my face. I believe this says it all.

• 20th Jul 2013
  • Colombia

I reserved a double bed room and I got just one bed ! it should cost less but not they insist that that was I reserved

• 19th Jul 2013
  • Colombia

Excellent place for the price. My only complaint—a mild one—is that the mattress was a bit old. The slightest motion in one spot reverberated throughout the entire network of springs. Aside from that, a great place to stay.

• 11th Jul 2013

Very pleasant in general and well located. The toilet was super clean. The room was okay, but the beds were quite old and uncomfortable. Good value for money considering all though. Would stay there again.

• 4th Jul 2013

It was easy to get there, the area was safe and the stuff that we meet, two of them, they were nice. BUT! It is ridiculous to pay $50 per person per night at this place, we choose it because it was the only hostel left in Boston. The mattresses are extremely old. There is one house style bathroom per floor shared with 5 double bedrooms. It was raining the whole day, there was a leak in the roof, and at the end of the day the suspended ceiling collapsed and we were relocated in another room.

• 7th Jun 2013
  • Spain

Great place to go if you want a place to sleep and be close of the transport line but not if you want to be in the middle of the action... guys who works there are very nice! A/C in room!

• 5th Jun 2013

I had a great stay at your hostel. I slept well and things were taken care of quickly and efficiently. I felt bad learning about the hoarder in room 120 and sincerely hope that whoever is living there doesn't remain there for very much longer. Thanks for everything, Damien

• 30th May 2013

BED BUGS.

• 27th May 2013

It was a nice place to stay that was cheap and close by. thanks . would also recommend this hostel to others

I have to say i am not very picky but they don't even have a kitchen. the rooms are ok but it's all a bit old and not especially clean. You feel as if you were in your grandmothers run down house.

Smells pee in the hallway. No lockers or enough power outlets in the dorms.

• 20th Apr 2013