Abercrombie's Farrington Inn Reviews

23 Farrington Avenue, P.O. Box #364, Allston Station, Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Great place to go if you want a place to sleep and be close of the transport line but not if you want to be in the middle of the action... guys who works there are very nice! A/C in room!

• 5th Jun 2013

I had a great stay at your hostel. I slept well and things were taken care of quickly and efficiently. I felt bad learning about the hoarder in room 120 and sincerely hope that whoever is living there doesn't remain there for very much longer. Thanks for everything, Damien

• 30th May 2013

BED BUGS.

• 27th May 2013

It was a nice place to stay that was cheap and close by. thanks . would also recommend this hostel to others

I have to say i am not very picky but they don't even have a kitchen. the rooms are ok but it's all a bit old and not especially clean. You feel as if you were in your grandmothers run down house.

Smells pee in the hallway. No lockers or enough power outlets in the dorms.

• 20th Apr 2013
  • Norway

Even for a hostel this place was pretty poor. The place was kinda dumpy and not well maintained and very noisy. We got a 1 bedroom room between the two of us and the bed was a double and was VERY lumpy (mattress was shot) and VERY difficult to sleep in and they didn't have proper sheets or bedding at all (they left 1 fleece blanket and 1 towel and NO sheets for 2 people). Shower and bathroom facilities were acceptable quality. Definitely a good price, but don't think 'd stay there again

• 18th Apr 2013

owners/staff are nice folks

The mattress was very uncomfortable. The heater didn't work well. Only one of two locks in the door worked properly.

• 1st Apr 2013
  • Peru

You are very very nice!

• 1st Apr 2013
  • China

everything was ok but not wifi in my room

The beds weren't too comfortable and the heater didn't really work, but it's the cheapest place in Boston, and within walking distance of many affordable restaurants

• 17th Mar 2013

As somebody said before, you get what you paid for. It's cheap, and it's ok. Expect uncomfortable beds, not so good location, and some things that need to be cleaned. Other than that, it's a good value option. The only thing I was surprised is how bad the green line it is. It takes forever to go to downtown. The good thing is that you are close to the main universities (Harvard, Boston University).

Need new bed mattress however you mattresses were softer than those at DC hostel.

• 21st Feb 2013
  • South Korea

You get what you pay for. The hospitality of the staff makes up for the quality that lacks in the room. I was amazed at how uncomfortable the bed was--My boyfriend and I saw a mattress on the side of the road and seriously considered bringing it up to our room. There were dirty dishes in the drawers, face plates from the outlets were missing, there were no sheets on the bed, the room was cold. But like I said, the staff were incredibly accommodating and pleasant.

• 21st Feb 2013

House is in the middle of a neighborhood and its quiet compared to sorrounding. The Allston area is kind of a party town but this Inn is pretty quiet even thou is just a block away. The rooms have a lot of sunlight in the morning.

Excellent, great location, very nice people.

• 28th Jan 2013
  • Mexico

We liked staying here, first because of the cost and second because of the location. You are pretty well and 10-20 Bus or T ride to anywhere in the city. The only thing we did not like was the cleanliness(we had our own anyway) of the comforter blanket provided. Other than that John was helpful and kind. The bathrooms could use some updating, but they were completely functional for what you pay! Free parking and free WiFi are an added bonus!Thanks John and Farrington Inn! We will see you again!

• 30th Dec 2012

As someone else said, The Bates Motel would be a fare summing up. This hostel is saved by the lovely staff who were always on hand, albeit at the end of the phone. I was in a room with a woman who was a sandwich short of a picnic, but the manager very kindly moved me to a room on my own. It's all rather old and because of that, a bit unclean, but by the time I was leaving and I hadn't been murdered in the shower I had grown to love the place and I'll definitely go back if ever I'm in town.

The hostel is far outside the center, it was extremely dirty in the room, there was a woman living in the room who had spread out her belongings everywhere, she was talking weird things without interruption, the heating wasn't working, no lockers, no staff around, ...