Abercrombie's Farrington Inn Reviews

23 Farrington Avenue, P.O. Box #364, Allston Station, Boston, USA

The wifi serves slowly and unstable. The refrigerator is very dirty.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • China

I booked a 3 beds private, and the staffs directed us to a 2 beds room, and shared a bathroom with other 2 groups of people( and I saw some people coming and using the bathroom from next door). One of the mattress is broken. I don't recommend female solo tourist to stay there, because one night, there's a drunk guy knocking our door around 2AM and shouting.

• 5th Sep 2015

If you look past the old fashioned interior, the place is nice. We had a nice spacious room and a cosy double bed each. You need to ask if you want housekeeping when you stay there, we didn't which meant we had to use the same towels. There is no safe in the room but I think reception has one. The shares bathroom was inconvenient at times if people were showering and both bathrooms are in use. There was no soap or hand towels in the bathroom. The location is great as it's by the colleges!

friendly staff made it an easy place to stay, very helpful pointing tourists in the right direction:)

• 13th Aug 2015

Facilities were good, but the outside appearance of the building we stayed were very old with a stinky smell of old wood and carpets

• 12th Jul 2015
  • India

I had to give Abercrombie's Farrington Inn a poor rating for cleanliness because I found a rat scurrying through my room on the last night of my stay. The staff immediately moved me to a room in another building but I felt very uncomfortable staying in a place that had at least one rat on the premises.

the driving directions had me counting streetlights without naming street to be turned onto and i found this stressful for a first time visitor. once i arrived,parked, and was welcomed/settled in, i had nothing but positive experience. tree lined street, clean,comfortable room with windows that open, and a short 2 block walk to the bus. never used my car over the three days. i am certainly inclined to stay again, recommend to friends, and thank staff and owner for their efforts.

• 7th Apr 2015

Very flexible regarding late and off-hours arrivals. Thank you.

The place is kind of old, with old furnishings. It was clean though.

Staff was responsive to maintenance request. But the maintenance request should not have been necessary. A window was left up abut 3 inches, weather at the time was single digits. Facility score is poor because the room never reached a comfortable temperature. I had to borrow a blanket from another bed in order to be warm while sleeping. Also, as a non smoker the smell of cigarets is offensive to me. There was a slight odor in the linen and bed, however, the hallway reeked of old cigarettes.

• 14th Feb 2015

This website let me book a room at 7am when they don't open until 8! At 6:30 I called the hostel to make sure the room would be ready by 7 like the website said. So I had to pay an extra $20 fee. The owner was rude

• 12th Dec 2014

The house was very old and so dirty! No kitchen (which is I think what a hostel is about). Toilet didn't flush at some point. In front on the fridge was the floor so sticky, that my shoe almost stayed on the floor when I walked away. I didn't want to touch anything. Bathroom is very old, hard to clean. Worst hostel I ever had. It's really time to renovate the whole house. Definitely way too much money for what you get!!

Location is very nice, employees are helpful, nice to park the car. Inside the house, it smells weird, room was very old, need a renovation. One bathroom was not clean, the other was okay. If you just wanna sleep after a long sightseeing day and you don´t expect too much it´s okay.

• 19th Sep 2014

The wifi does not reach my room.

It was clean but it is so old !!!

In the morning after the first night, we could see that a mouse has been eating our biscuits we left on the floor. We were sharing the bathroom with 3 or 4 other rooms, which was a nightmare. It was always busy, and the waiting time to go to the toilets or take a shower was not acceptable. The bed was noisy and not comfortable. But appart from that, really nice staff.

Dirty & smells. Hallway & stair carpets don't get vacuumed & trash didn't get picked up during the 5 days I was there. My room smelled terrible & I needed to go to the store to get disinfectant, air freshener & paper towels. I was given a small, worn, torn rag as a towel. Bathrooms sometimes had no toilet paper. Toilets were unflushed. Bathrooms need total renovation. With tax, this grimy, smelly place cost me $150 per night. I've stayed in other hostels. This one is the worst ever.

• 10th Aug 2014

Location and security were good but it was definitely not worth the fairly high cost for a double bed room with no private bathroom and a distinct smell of cigarettes.

We saw rats in the backyard of the place.... We just saw one person and took a long time to open the door at the beginning..... The sheets felt too hard... The place is cheap and well located but it really needs some improves and a bit more dedication on the cleaning...

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Ecuador

Old rooms and facilities, cleanliness was average at best. The fosset was dripping in our room and paint was chipping off the walls. If you are on a tight bidget however, you could survive here a few days, but I would not recommend longterm. Be aware, there is a high sales tax that is not included in the price shown on hostelworld!!! Also, we were never informed of the amount before arrival, so we were shocked at how much it was. They should have listed it in the description to avoid confusion.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7