Abercrombie's Farrington Inn Reviews

23 Farrington Avenue, P.O. Box #364, Allston Station, Boston, USA

It was clean but it is so old !!!

In the morning after the first night, we could see that a mouse has been eating our biscuits we left on the floor. We were sharing the bathroom with 3 or 4 other rooms, which was a nightmare. It was always busy, and the waiting time to go to the toilets or take a shower was not acceptable. The bed was noisy and not comfortable. But appart from that, really nice staff.

Dirty & smells. Hallway & stair carpets don't get vacuumed & trash didn't get picked up during the 5 days I was there. My room smelled terrible & I needed to go to the store to get disinfectant, air freshener & paper towels. I was given a small, worn, torn rag as a towel. Bathrooms sometimes had no toilet paper. Toilets were unflushed. Bathrooms need total renovation. With tax, this grimy, smelly place cost me $150 per night. I've stayed in other hostels. This one is the worst ever.

• 10th Aug 2014

Location and security were good but it was definitely not worth the fairly high cost for a double bed room with no private bathroom and a distinct smell of cigarettes.

I saw a room of a Woman and it was much better than mine and I expected a little bit more for my money.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

This modest hostel has a lot of character, which makes up for the slightly outdated building. The paint and furniture look a bit old but not downright run-down, the place is adequately clean where it counts (mattresses, linen and blankets were OK, bathroom was decent, carpets were slightly dirty but reasonable), The location is good, the area of town has lots of nice quirky shops, and we had a good stay.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Mexico

greeting was splendid! our host was a delight. free parking is very much appreciated. On the downside, I believe our 4 night stay minimum at the hostel was a bit much; I only wanted 3 nights. I have seen minimun 2 night stays, but never 4. be advised to bring ear plugs since the hostel is amidst college students (our neighbors in the next building partied pretty loudly). I asked for a fan for a hot and humid night, but none was provided (no a/c). inside the hostel was very peaceful. thank you

• 16th May 2014

Sorry about the four night minimum, we don't usually do that, but it was graduation week-end !! We do have AC, but don't usually need it until June. But I will admit that was a hot week. - AC will be in by June 1st

I am glad of spending one night on this place. They were very nice of give us facilities for our late check in. We arrived at 10 pm and they leave a key for us and some instructions.

• 13th May 2014
  • Peru

Good cooking facilities in room. Room smelt of gas though, unsure where it was coming from. Shared bathroom needs some maintenance.

They offer Internet service, but we could never get connected during our entire stay. Apart from that, it is a pretty decent place.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Chile

This place was located perfectly. Itst outside city centre nut iyst close to a metro stop. You can leave your car there fot the day to site see and avoid annoying city traffic. I had checked out, left my cat and gone into Boston. When I came back they left me a note saying to call them before leaving. I had left my sound machine and they returned it to me. It's such a cute place and the staff were amazing.

Cool place to stay, with relaxed atmosphere. Great place to meet people, and friendly staff.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Norway

Never recommend this hotel. Feel insecure. Bed sheet not clean, even with a hole on it. Never never live in this hotel again.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • China

Is a place for sleeping and taking a shower only. There are no places to hangout except the entrance where the reception is. Had three nights without heating in winter with -10C/14F. Every time I've called someone came quickly to help, but the problem couldn't be fixed. Last night they changed my room, and then refunded me for my freezing mornings. Nice people, but so so the infrastructure. The bathrooms are very well. My freezy room also had a stinky smell.

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

Decent enough for the off-season price but they really, really need to sort out the bed-bug issue. Location good, next to Harvard Ave. trolley stop.

This hostel was extremely dirty; there were many cockroaches and I'm sure I heard a rat inside my room

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Chile

The location is excellent with this hostel/inn however there are numerous issues we encountered on our stay. The staff member we dealt with at the start of our stay was great, helpful etc. The worst came when we saw our room, a dingy, musty, disgusting room in a shared apartment type building. It was dreadful. The house had a door key for the front door and the apartment door but no key for our separate rooms which was worrying! I wouldn't stay again, old fashioned and smelt!

I couldn't sleep because of the bed's bugs :( the stuff completely absent and no soap and no shampoo so if you are traveling light like I was you will have a bad day !!

The room was in a shared building, beneath an apartment of rowdy students who were up all night setting off fireworks and partying on the veranda. They also sounded like they were constantly rearranging furniture, and it was very difficult to sleep. I would suggest reconsidering the location of these rooms as it was an awful place to try and sleep. The air conditioner was also poorly fitted in the window frame and there were large gaps that let in both cold air and noise from outside.

• 27th Sep 2013

Location wasn't too bad, still were really glad we had a car. There's this old atmosphere created, but it could do without loads of dust in the room and really bad "old room" smell which didn't go away even with all the windows open. Staff was friendly and helpful though. Would be ok if it was cheaper, but definitely feel like we overpaid quite a bit in this case.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7