Abercrombie's Farrington Inn Reviews

23 Farrington Avenue, P.O. Box #364, Allston Station, Boston, USA

Facilities were good, but the outside appearance of the building we stayed were very old with a stinky smell of old wood and carpets

• 12th Jul 2015
  • India

I had to give Abercrombie's Farrington Inn a poor rating for cleanliness because I found a rat scurrying through my room on the last night of my stay. The staff immediately moved me to a room in another building but I felt very uncomfortable staying in a place that had at least one rat on the premises.

I recommande to invest a little bit into bathroom.

• 11th Apr 2015

the driving directions had me counting streetlights without naming street to be turned onto and i found this stressful for a first time visitor. once i arrived,parked, and was welcomed/settled in, i had nothing but positive experience. tree lined street, clean,comfortable room with windows that open, and a short 2 block walk to the bus. never used my car over the three days. i am certainly inclined to stay again, recommend to friends, and thank staff and owner for their efforts.

• 7th Apr 2015

Very flexible regarding late and off-hours arrivals. Thank you.

The place is kind of old, with old furnishings. It was clean though.

Staff was responsive to maintenance request. But the maintenance request should not have been necessary. A window was left up abut 3 inches, weather at the time was single digits. Facility score is poor because the room never reached a comfortable temperature. I had to borrow a blanket from another bed in order to be warm while sleeping. Also, as a non smoker the smell of cigarets is offensive to me. There was a slight odor in the linen and bed, however, the hallway reeked of old cigarettes.

• 14th Feb 2015