Aberdeen Youth Hostel Reviews

8 Queen's Road, Aberdeen, Scotland

This is a wonderful place to stay in Aberdeen. The staff are incredibly helpful and lovely, hostel is really clean, and the rooms big and comfy.

• 27th Dec 2014

They should leave the first floor available for women and not the third one. Because, in my case, as I have problems in my knees, it was hard to go up and down, and to carry my bag through the staircase. I need to ask for help. Next time I will choose another one without staircase. On the other hand, I enjoyed been there in Christmans time, because we had a party. It was nice.

I think tthey should reserve the first floor to females and not the third one. Because, in my case, I have problems in my knees and it was hard to go up to the third floor. Besides that, no "plugs" of electricity in the washroom to dry the hair after the shower.

No power points in room and really overpriced for a hostel

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Zimbabwe

Hi my name is George, I was satying in the hostel for 10 days. I really liked there. It is close to the Centre of Aberdeen just 15 min walk, there is a nice kitchen and if you can cook just a bit you a will are ok. The staff is frendly and always ready to help. Good value for the money. It is not a holiday resort, but if you looking for a place to stay and do your business this is the place. I will recomend it to all travelers and people who looking for afordable place on a nice location.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Bulgaria

The prize for staying over night at a hostel may look high, but regarding the location (Aberdeen) it gives you no big choice. I was beware of the most problems there (which are still exist), but beyond this is was okay. You can meet there a lost of people - the evenings are not that boring.

• 5th Oct 2014

Wifi not working, some the showers not working, the light of bathroom to rooms 20-21 not working. The rooms hasn`t Sockets

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Spain

There were dead/alive wasps in the washroom, used tissues around my bed, the window in my room didn't shut properly and getting to the hostel on public transport from the bus station is nye on impossible during certain times of the day.

• 26th Aug 2014

Not many bathrooms for lots of people, otherwise a nice hostel with large kitchen and sitting room facilities.

Too expensive for the lack of resources, the WiFi must be paid separately and it is expensive, they don't have electrical outlets in the bedrooms nor lockers for your value stuff... It's a good place to sleep, period, don't expect anything else.

Had a really nice time!!! Very friendly staff , a nice enviroment. Had a really good time.

• 3rd Aug 2014