Aberdeen Youth Hostel Reviews

8 Queen's Road, Aberdeen, Scotland

Little far for walking, but great hostel!

Was a bit expensive for what I got, although I just needed a place to sleep for the night. Roughly 25 minute walk to the bus station but you could get to the start of Union Street in about 10. Room was spacious enough but the place didn't feel to friendly. Mostly I was thankful for a place that didn't have a bizarre laundry curfew, and they have us free washing powder.

Staff was very nice and very helpful! Bit of a walk to downtown but buses were convenient:) Kitchen well equipped and the whole place was very clean!

Very poor overall - old/tired/smelly/unclean.The toilette I used on the top floor did not flush well at all and I kept coming in to see other peoples waste left in there putrifying. The hot water from the taps was piping hot - too hot to use on face/hands - I burned my face! There was no health/safety sign to warn users of the temperature, and no plugs available to use to create a more tepid base in the sink. It was also far too dark! I had a very unpleasant stay and felt over-charged ££.

• 20th Jun 2014

Quite far (20-30 minutes walking) away from the city center.

This was Avery mediocre hostel. Internet didn't work, staff didn't really know much, the facilities were somewhat nice but overall, I wouldn't stay there again.

Welcoming and helpful staff and very good value breakfast made this a good choice for my overnight stay in Aberdeen.

Typical YHA. Friendly and comfortable

Stayed for business and suited me fine... same as all HI hostels: suits every age group, very clean, good reliable facilties. Only gripe, as with all HI hostels, is the extra charges for things like internet use and towels: when hostels do this you just feel like you're being shaken down.

• 19th May 2014

There is no wifi, and during my stay their Internet terminals weren't working. Otherwise it's a rather average hostel all around.

Though we only stayed one night my sister and I had a great sleep at this hostel. It was our "rest day" on our three week trip and we seem to have chosen the perfect place for that purpose. Thanks so much for the comfortable and relaxing night.

Positives include fairly clean nice shower which was always hot and good kitchen nice and spacious with everything you need. Negatives include not enough plugs and expensive wifi that does not work. For what you pay the internet should be free. Would stay again cos only affordable choice in aberdeen.

It was a pleasant stay. Staff were very helpful and nice

No free wifi, and its too far away from everything.

You should tell exactly how long is the walk from bus station to your hostel. I almost died walking there.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

Very poor location, was very far from the city center. Had poor facilities provided. Other hostels that i have been to, provide free wifi. What's the point of having a kitchen for guests when its always closed? Main dissapointment was the lack of electrical sockets in the bedrooms. Can you believe it, not even one!!!! How do we charge our phones and cameras and laptops!!!! This pissed me off big time. Now when i book a hostel in the future, i'll have to call them and ask about their facility.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

Very few power outlets and shower stalls. Otherwise, decent. Caveat emptor, you get what you pay for.

• 15th Apr 2014

It's in a very good location, and very well set-up. They're very organized and keep the large kitchen very clean (quite a feat!). They do a good job of running that hostel!

Be prepared to have battery charged outside of the room, no sockets inside in the room.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Lithuania

The worst hostel that I stayed.

• 26th Mar 2014