Aberdeen Youth Hostel Reviews

8 Queen's Road, Aberdeen, Scotland

Too pricey for the quality of the service. That's what happens when there is no competition. Better spending a bit more and stay in a hotel.

Hostel is very basic. The main issue is that there are no lockers . All facilities are reminding school rather than place of rest.

• 1st May 2015
  • Poland

A bit far from the city centre but it was ok for me as I like walking(there are also buses), good kitchen, unfortunately no free wifi, there is no door you can lock in the shower (but female and male showers are separated) just a curtain which irritated me a bit, price is too high for what they offer.

Showers not working properly, no heater and far away from city centre (bars and clubs)

Clean and nice hostel. Far from Aberdeen city centre, about 10 minutes by bus or a 30 minute walk. The wifi costs and doesn't reach to the rooms, which was an inconvenience. Once you were in you're room the security was top-notch, but the bathrooms don't have a lock. While my friend and I were downstairs at reception some boys were making lewd comments and we felt very unsafe showering with no locks knowing they were in the building and the showers are far from reception. Not bad overall.

Although this hostel was a bit expensive, we were still very satisfied. Instead of a 10 bed dorm, we got a 5 bed dorm which was quite a pleasant surprise. The facilities were clean and the kitchen was well equipped.

Good hostel

This is a wonderful place to stay in Aberdeen. The staff are incredibly helpful and lovely, hostel is really clean, and the rooms big and comfy.

• 27th Dec 2014

They should leave the first floor available for women and not the third one. Because, in my case, as I have problems in my knees, it was hard to go up and down, and to carry my bag through the staircase. I need to ask for help. Next time I will choose another one without staircase. On the other hand, I enjoyed been there in Christmans time, because we had a party. It was nice.

I think tthey should reserve the first floor to females and not the third one. Because, in my case, I have problems in my knees and it was hard to go up to the third floor. Besides that, no "plugs" of electricity in the washroom to dry the hair after the shower.