Aberdeen Youth Hostel Reviews

8 Queen's Road, Aberdeen, Scotland

Enjoyed our stay. Good to be close to many shops and sites and restaurants. Thanks!!

• 11th Nov 2015

Staff were very helpful and had great facilities. Although there is no eating or drinking in the lounge room.

Cancelled reservation because the only room was on the fourth floor with no lift and I am disabled.

This hostel was very hard to find! Signage very small and can't see from main road. Internet had problems connecting in the only room it worked in which was the TV lounge. Very annoying! Room was fine but window was broken didn't open and roommate had belongings all over room, not considerate at all. Showers weren't secure no door or lock and toilets had funny smell. Overall not a good experience.

The hostel was very far away from the town center and was very expensive.

It was impossible to connect to WiFi. The rooms were overpriced, and it was quite far from everything.

Having never stayed in a hostel before I was rather skeptical of how it was going to be. However I was extremely pleased with Aberdeen Youth Hostel, the lady on reception was extremely friendly towards me, there were a number of great social spaces where people would gather to chat and cook their meals in the big kitchen. Generally an all round great atmosphere. Sadly I was only in Aberdeen for one night but I'd definitely stay again when I return. Great place for a great price in Aberdeen!

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

A great kitchen. Nice size. All utensils you need.

Tough to locate but great quiet area of Aberdeen and walking distance to restaurants and shops.

Everything was good. I was given a private room WITH a private bathroom although I had booked one with a shared bathroom; that was nice

Noisy squeaky beds

Being the only hostel in aberdeen, you can't really say much about the price. It is located in a residential area away from the city centre, which is about a 15 minute bus ride away. Did not really get a hostel vibe, not many travellers when I stayed - most were people who worked in the area, there were even some families there. Pretty dark atmosphere throughout the property. Communal kitchen was well-equipped though.

Totally ridiculous to charge £3 per hour for Wi-Fi connection. This is the 1st hostel I've ever been in where there was not FREE Wi-Fi. The state of the dorms were very poor & could be doing with being brought into the 18th century! On the reverse side the staff were on of the best I have ever encountered & worked wonders to help when I arrived late at night & unfed since early afternoon. The state of the kitchen was A1!!

It's okay, but it's expensive for what you get.

This hostel was fine, but nothing special. Wifi was £3 an hour, breakfast was extra, but really the rooms were fine. If you just need a good cheap option for a bed this place will do the job.

Totally overpriced. no wifi, no B-fast include. 0 information given on the in check in only room number. Stayed on Friday for one night and there was a party in the next dorm all night! You can get a hotel room for £35 with bfast.