Aberdeen Youth Hostel Reviews

8 Queen's Road, Aberdeen, Scotland

There were dead/alive wasps in the washroom, used tissues around my bed, the window in my room didn't shut properly and getting to the hostel on public transport from the bus station is nye on impossible during certain times of the day.

• 26th Aug 2014

Too expensive for the lack of resources, the WiFi must be paid separately and it is expensive, they don't have electrical outlets in the bedrooms nor lockers for your value stuff... It's a good place to sleep, period, don't expect anything else.

• 14th Aug 2014

Had a really nice time!!! Very friendly staff , a nice enviroment. Had a really good time.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Great for sleeping but no real warm inviting areas. Expensive wifi but a nice pub across the way with free wifi!

Hostel is located quite far from the train station. Kitchen n dining facilities good. But no free wifi, had to pay extra for that service. Slightly pricier than most hostels.

Little far for walking, but great hostel!

Was a bit expensive for what I got, although I just needed a place to sleep for the night. Roughly 25 minute walk to the bus station but you could get to the start of Union Street in about 10. Room was spacious enough but the place didn't feel to friendly. Mostly I was thankful for a place that didn't have a bizarre laundry curfew, and they have us free washing powder.

Staff was very nice and very helpful! Bit of a walk to downtown but buses were convenient:) Kitchen well equipped and the whole place was very clean!

Very poor overall - old/tired/smelly/unclean.The toilette I used on the top floor did not flush well at all and I kept coming in to see other peoples waste left in there putrifying. The hot water from the taps was piping hot - too hot to use on face/hands - I burned my face! There was no health/safety sign to warn users of the temperature, and no plugs available to use to create a more tepid base in the sink. It was also far too dark! I had a very unpleasant stay and felt over-charged ££.

• 20th Jun 2014

Quite far (20-30 minutes walking) away from the city center.

This was Avery mediocre hostel. Internet didn't work, staff didn't really know much, the facilities were somewhat nice but overall, I wouldn't stay there again.

Welcoming and helpful staff and very good value breakfast made this a good choice for my overnight stay in Aberdeen.

Typical YHA. Friendly and comfortable

Stayed for business and suited me fine... same as all HI hostels: suits every age group, very clean, good reliable facilties. Only gripe, as with all HI hostels, is the extra charges for things like internet use and towels: when hostels do this you just feel like you're being shaken down.

• 19th May 2014

There is no wifi, and during my stay their Internet terminals weren't working. Otherwise it's a rather average hostel all around.

Though we only stayed one night my sister and I had a great sleep at this hostel. It was our "rest day" on our three week trip and we seem to have chosen the perfect place for that purpose. Thanks so much for the comfortable and relaxing night.

Positives include fairly clean nice shower which was always hot and good kitchen nice and spacious with everything you need. Negatives include not enough plugs and expensive wifi that does not work. For what you pay the internet should be free. Would stay again cos only affordable choice in aberdeen.

It was a pleasant stay. Staff were very helpful and nice

No free wifi, and its too far away from everything.

You should tell exactly how long is the walk from bus station to your hostel. I almost died walking there.

• 20th Apr 2014