Abhostel Reviews

Kattenberg 110, Antwerp, Belgium

Me encanto, I love it, If I go to Atnwerpt again I will stay there. I love the atmosphere.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Chile

This hostel felt like a home away from home. I loved the atmosphere, decorations and overall feel of the space. Also, the community feel of the people staying there helped me feel accepted. Some minor suggestions: more frequent cleaning of showers, improved wifi connectivity and possibly keeping the backdoors closed (a lot of flies and mosquitoes get in and I was bitten a few times). The location is a 30-40 minute walk from the city center, but on a tram line.

• 27th Jun 2015

This hostel was by far one of the best hostels I haved stayed in in Europe! When I arrived Greg was there to give me a tour, as well as recommend various bars, restaurants, attractions and festivals in the city. Greg and Bridget are extremely friendly and hospitable and their hostel is very cozy and has the best atmosphere. I also very much enjoyed getting to know the friendly and helpful staff (Marcel and Franzie!!) If you are in Antwerp, this is for sure the place to stay!!

• 26th Jun 2015

This is a really great hostel. The owners are the nicest people you're likely to meet and they helped us out a lot with directions and information about Antwerp. The location is great. It's right next to a cheap bike rental station and the bikes can be dropped off or picked up anywhere in the city. There's a tram stop a 2 minute walk away. The tram takes about 5 minutes to arrive at central Antwerp. The hostel is eco conscious and there is a laid back atmosphere and cheap beer available.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever visited. The lovely staff and owners know exactly what a traveler needs; the atmosphere is just great thanks to the warm common area, the happy hour and the high quality population over the hostel. They would give you all the information you need about Antwerp and will make sure you have a perfect visit. Don't miss the chance to stay over there! thanks a lot for a great weekend!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Israel

Welcoming and friendly hosts!! Loved the retro style, made it feel like home. Happy hour was a hit and I got to try several Belgian beers from the comfort of 'home' :) thanks Bridget & Greg you were a big part of my getting to know and love Antwerp. Also I really liked to location, good to be out of the city but still close enough to walk everywhere. Everything was always properly cleaned too so thank you Franci too!

Amazing hostel!! Great atmosphere and quirky/cool common space. The singl only problem for me was the beds squeaked- a solvable problem I'm sure.

Great place. And we met some great people too. Abhostel would definitely be my first choice of hostel if i come back to Antwerp!

Great place! Great people!

• 13th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

I was here for 2 nights I had an amazing time. The couple who owned the hostel were great and the temporary staff (backpackers/travelers) were wonderful. We had a great time with the people in the hostel and I felt welcome instantly. I will be back here someday.

• 12th Jun 2015

Really amazing atmosphere!! Not only did the owner wait for us to personally say hi, but also she gave us plenty of tips about nice places. She's an awesome, warm and hospitable person who runs this place, because she's got a backpacker soul and wants to meet new people and make them feel at home. And later on her husband explained to us the secrets of Belgian beer :). As far as the location is concerned, the hostel is not in the centre, but there are several nice places around where locals go.

Abhostel is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. It was like a home away from home for me and I had the best time there. Very clean and comfortable - the best way to spend a sunny afternoon is in a hammock outside on the terrace with a beer from their beer vending machine to hand. What are you waiting for? Greg and Bridget will welcome you and show you the best places to visit in the fab city of Antwerp.

• 11th Jun 2015

This place is now on my top ten list of best hostels ever. My only complaint is that I couldn't stay longer :-)

Really great atmosphere and friendly people. I don't reccomend the location of the hostel if your main aim in antwerp is to sightsee, as although the hostel isn't too far away from the central, but is in a residential area and there are hostels in a more centralised location. But the bars and restaurants in the area are amazing. Breakfast is perfect for what you pay, good sized rooms, lockers with keys in rooms. Showers are nice, but are not private to rooms so be prepared to walk to them.

• 5th Jun 2015

the place is really nice and home like and the welcoming feeling that you get and the info as a tourist is incredible.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Israel

A very quaint hostel with a brilliant friendly vibe and atmosphere. Very easy to meet other travelers due to the cosy kitchen - happy hour is a must. The location admittedly is a bit out of the way, but you can catch a tram easily or just go exploring other neighbourhoods and walk everywhere. I really liked the games in the common room and breakfast area.

Wow. Great hostel filled with great, friendly, helpful people. Amazing place to meet new people to explore the city with, perfect for anyone travelling alone. It's located just out of the city centre but still a short and pleasant walk to everywhere in the city!

This is how a hostel should be like. The atmosphere is very familiar and from the moment you come in you feel like you are staying with a lot of friends who you just haven't met yet. If I'm in Belgium this will always be my spot to go for.

The feel of this place is unlike anything I've experienced. It's a cozy living-room-with-a-bar place, in a relaxed and social environment that makes it easy for people to talk. The staff are engaging and fantastic. The location is a short transit away from main stations, a minor inconvenience, but the directions are easy to follow and you'll be there in a few minutes. I was very much hoping to relax in the hammocks outside but the weather didn't agree. Would definitely go again when in Antwerp.

This hostel has everything, from a washer/dryer (costs €5) to a 6-9 happy hour. I honestly couldn't be happier with my stay here. If you find yourself in Antwerp, Abhostel is the place to stay!