Abhostel Reviews

Kattenberg 110, Antwerp, Belgium

Enjoyed my stay at Abhostel. The 5 bed dorm was a great light but cool room. The hostel was quiet. Bridgette seemed to make things difficult when other guests asked her for help. The young Canadian lady who works there is awesome though :)

If you bring unregistered people in our hostel I can be difficult :) It s not allowed, it s illegal ! We like to think of the safety of our guests!! Great that you also liked our place !

Nice rooms but check in was strange. They need to hire someone to work reception so there someone there all the time to check you in and answer questions.

Please can you explain us why check in was strange. Maybe this is a review for another hostel!? Because I know you were checked in by Greg and I know he does a great job :) We re not always downstairs but we re always reachable!

Good hostel, but if you want a hostel party definitely this is not the place.

I didn't spend that much time at the hostel since I was at Tomorrowland but from what I experienced it was a nice hostel. Breakfast was served until 11am which was great since I woke up late due to the festival and I also liked that the room was spacious. I didn't like that there was no storage for baggage and at night it felt unsafe to go back to the hostel from the central station. But overall I had a very pleasant stay.

Great hostel! Owners onsite are great.

Great staff very welcoming and are happy to spend time to explain things to do in antwerp and also explain everything in the hostel. Room was spacious and beds had individual power sockets. Big common area and kitchen and they also had a BEER vending machine which was great! Location was ok but there is a tram stop around the corner which takes you into the old city for 1.30 euro. Would defiantly stay again.

Really really nice hostel with a wonderful atmosphere. The owners are very welcoming and helpful. Best hostel I stayed at during a month of traveling l!

You know how to carpe diem! Thank you! Xb

I had a great weekend in Antwerp thanks to the Abhostel. Thanks for letting me stay here. Great atmosphere and amazing people. I will definitely come back one day! :) greetings from Holland.

• 11th Jul 2014

Thanks for staying here :) Xb

The hostel itself is very nice furnitured with all kinda of small details. Only that makes it worth a visit! Very intresting atmosphere! The breakfast is nice with alot of choice, but it ran out one of the day i was there which wasnt so nice. The place is a bit far from the city center but the trams run pretty often and are cheap. The owner will give you a very nice introduction about the city and also give you a very usefull city map.

Ow, why didn t you use the intecom when solething of the breakfast runned out, we check it often, but maybe to late that tile :( sooooory happy you liked the rest:)

This was a great hostel that had a huge lounge for mingling with other guests. The owners are very friendly and the staff are as well. Definitely glad I stayed here... the only thing they couldn't help me with was the weather.

You ve to come back, even the weather is great now :) Xb

I had a good time at Abhostel, I even returned to spend another 3 nights there. What I liked is the relaxed atmosphere, the good connection by tram, the little shelve, plug & light by each bed and the love of the owners for Antwerp. You are welcomed warmly, but there are no further activities at the hostel: if you want to meet people, its up to you to make the connection and come up with a plan. Sometimes there is a bit of an iffy smell downstairs, its not a reason to choose another hostel.

Best hostel I stayed in throughout Europe! Truly amazing staff, which facilitated the great atmosphere of the place. Great place to meet other travellers, especially if travelling alone. Highly recommend this hostel to anyone travelling through Antwerp.

• 6th Jul 2014

Truly amazing guest :) guest like you help to creat the great atmosphere! Xb

This was by far the best Hostel experience I have ever had. The hostel is located in a converted chocolate factory. The common room and kitchen are large. Washer and dryer available for a small fee. The best part of this hostel is the atmosphere. The owners are incredibly nice, and passionate about their city. Ask them anything! They know the best bars, restaurants, and things to see. I am thinking about going back to Antwerp just to stay here again.

Welcome back! Looking forward to drink a beer with you!! Xb

Lovely family run hostel with a great community and atmosphere, would definitely recommend. We went interrailing around Europe and this was the best hostel we stayed in.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Woooow, we re happy we were the best hostel! Xb

Loved my stay at abhostel

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Loved you staying here! Xb

Lovely hostel, the owners are extremely warm and friendly. They were extremely helpful with giving info about the city. The atmosphere and vibe is awesome in the hostel.great place to meet other fellow travellers.

Thank you for being so nice!! That s our main goal , helping our guests and creating a nice vibe to meet other travellers! Xb

Awesome family run place! Staff were amazing, very helpful with anything you wanted. Great common room and kitchen! THE place to stay in Antwerp!!

Happy we could help you!! Happy you found our place THE place !! Xb

Great family run hostel! Attracts a good crowd, had a great stay there. The staff were fantastic. Kitchen was great. Atmosphere was tops. Location - about 10mins walk from the train station with plenty of bars & even a couple of clubs on the same street as the hostel. Roof top terrace is cool. One thing to note: they have an awesome beer vending machine in the hostel - bring plenty of change!

Thanks! A good crowd, that s how we like it :) Happy you had a great stay!! Xb

Are you going to Antwerpen? Stay in this great hostel, both Bridget and Greg will give you a warm welcome and inmediatedly you'll feel like if you were at home. The hostel is located to 15 minutes from the central station and there's a tram stop nearby, as well as supermarkets, shops and cafeterías. The hostel is very clean, there are lockers to use and a big kitchen Breakfast is included so don't hesitate to taste the delicious speculoos pasta.

Great hostel in a very nice part of Antwerpen. Staff is super friendly and helpful, and recommended us a lot of nice cafés and bars in the area. I will be sure to come back for my next trip to belgium

• 20th Jun 2014