Abhostel Reviews

Kattenberg 110, Antwerp, Belgium

Good hostel, but if you want a hostel party definitely this is not the place.

Great hostel! Owners onsite are great.

Great staff very welcoming and are happy to spend time to explain things to do in antwerp and also explain everything in the hostel. Room was spacious and beds had individual power sockets. Big common area and kitchen and they also had a BEER vending machine which was great! Location was ok but there is a tram stop around the corner which takes you into the old city for 1.30 euro. Would defiantly stay again.

Really really nice hostel with a wonderful atmosphere. The owners are very welcoming and helpful. Best hostel I stayed at during a month of traveling l!

I had a great weekend in Antwerp thanks to the Abhostel. Thanks for letting me stay here. Great atmosphere and amazing people. I will definitely come back one day! :) greetings from Holland.

• 11th Jul 2014

The hostel itself is very nice furnitured with all kinda of small details. Only that makes it worth a visit! Very intresting atmosphere! The breakfast is nice with alot of choice, but it ran out one of the day i was there which wasnt so nice. The place is a bit far from the city center but the trams run pretty often and are cheap. The owner will give you a very nice introduction about the city and also give you a very usefull city map.

This was a great hostel that had a huge lounge for mingling with other guests. The owners are very friendly and the staff are as well. Definitely glad I stayed here... the only thing they couldn't help me with was the weather.

Best hostel I stayed in throughout Europe! Truly amazing staff, which facilitated the great atmosphere of the place. Great place to meet other travellers, especially if travelling alone. Highly recommend this hostel to anyone travelling through Antwerp.

• 6th Jul 2014

This was by far the best Hostel experience I have ever had. The hostel is located in a converted chocolate factory. The common room and kitchen are large. Washer and dryer available for a small fee. The best part of this hostel is the atmosphere. The owners are incredibly nice, and passionate about their city. Ask them anything! They know the best bars, restaurants, and things to see. I am thinking about going back to Antwerp just to stay here again.

Lovely family run hostel with a great community and atmosphere, would definitely recommend. We went interrailing around Europe and this was the best hostel we stayed in.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Loved my stay at abhostel

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Lovely hostel, the owners are extremely warm and friendly. They were extremely helpful with giving info about the city. The atmosphere and vibe is awesome in the hostel.great place to meet other fellow travellers.

Awesome family run place! Staff were amazing, very helpful with anything you wanted. Great common room and kitchen! THE place to stay in Antwerp!!

Great family run hostel! Attracts a good crowd, had a great stay there. The staff were fantastic. Kitchen was great. Atmosphere was tops. Location - about 10mins walk from the train station with plenty of bars & even a couple of clubs on the same street as the hostel. Roof top terrace is cool. One thing to note: they have an awesome beer vending machine in the hostel - bring plenty of change!

Are you going to Antwerpen? Stay in this great hostel, both Bridget and Greg will give you a warm welcome and inmediatedly you'll feel like if you were at home. The hostel is located to 15 minutes from the central station and there's a tram stop nearby, as well as supermarkets, shops and cafeterías. The hostel is very clean, there are lockers to use and a big kitchen Breakfast is included so don't hesitate to taste the delicious speculoos pasta.

Great hostel in a very nice part of Antwerpen. Staff is super friendly and helpful, and recommended us a lot of nice cafés and bars in the area. I will be sure to come back for my next trip to belgium

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Not in the best location, but the owners were incredibly nice and helpful the whole time, and greeted me with a rundown of all the best things to do in Antwerp. It took me a full 24 hours to see another guest, but that was due to the day of the week rather than the hostel itself I think. They were really good about me arriving outside of check in time.

A small family style hostel. It's not in downtown, but with direct tram connection. The place is nice and quite, with wifi covering the entire house (not just the common area!). I definitely enjoyed my staying there. Also, if you're in town on Saturday, check out the market downtown. The local food there is amazing!

The hostel is very spacious, which is great, except it was pretty empty while there. The neighborhood is rundown looking, but it didn't feel unsafe. It's quite far to walk to anything of interest. The hostel itself is very nice.

Abhostel was everything (and more) that it promised to be. A homey atmosphere for young travellers, the layout of the hostel totally promoted socializing between all the guests. In my stay I think I met everyone who was staying there. The kitchen area is great for preparing meals and offering a nice do it yourself breakfast. The decor is unique as well. I can't say enough good things about Abhostel. Greg and Bridget you're doing everything right!

« first « Prev 1 2 3