Abhostel Reviews

Kattenberg 110, Antwerp, Belgium

What a lovely stay at the Abhostel. We arrived as guests and truly left as friends.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Belgium

That s what always hope!! Merci! Xab

Owners are very nice. Never had a problem. Would stay again if I ever went to Antwerp again..

• 3rd Jul 2015

Happy you never had a problem! Please do come back :) xab

We had a great time at abhostel. It was very clean and the owners were very helpful and friendly . It was a nicely maintained place for a backpacker. The only problem I had was that the bathroom was common for all, it was a bit small for common use.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • India

Oooh dear sweet girls. We re so sorry you thought we only have bathroom! We do have one small on the first floor. But also a big one on the ground floor and another one in the loft. We re happy you even had a great time ! Xb

a little out of the way from city centre but only a few tram stops and so many bike rental places it makes it worth it. cool hostel with good kitchen. only weird thing was that there were no keys for the doors it just stayed open but there are lockers with keys. recommend

Me encanto, I love it, If I go to Atnwerpt again I will stay there. I love the atmosphere.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Chile

This hostel felt like a home away from home. I loved the atmosphere, decorations and overall feel of the space. Also, the community feel of the people staying there helped me feel accepted. Some minor suggestions: more frequent cleaning of showers, improved wifi connectivity and possibly keeping the backdoors closed (a lot of flies and mosquitoes get in and I was bitten a few times). The location is a 30-40 minute walk from the city center, but on a tram line.

• 27th Jun 2015

This hostel was by far one of the best hostels I haved stayed in in Europe! When I arrived Greg was there to give me a tour, as well as recommend various bars, restaurants, attractions and festivals in the city. Greg and Bridget are extremely friendly and hospitable and their hostel is very cozy and has the best atmosphere. I also very much enjoyed getting to know the friendly and helpful staff (Marcel and Franzie!!) If you are in Antwerp, this is for sure the place to stay!!

• 26th Jun 2015

This is a really great hostel. The owners are the nicest people you're likely to meet and they helped us out a lot with directions and information about Antwerp. The location is great. It's right next to a cheap bike rental station and the bikes can be dropped off or picked up anywhere in the city. There's a tram stop a 2 minute walk away. The tram takes about 5 minutes to arrive at central Antwerp. The hostel is eco conscious and there is a laid back atmosphere and cheap beer available.

Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever visited. The lovely staff and owners know exactly what a traveler needs; the atmosphere is just great thanks to the warm common area, the happy hour and the high quality population over the hostel. They would give you all the information you need about Antwerp and will make sure you have a perfect visit. Don't miss the chance to stay over there! thanks a lot for a great weekend!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Israel

Welcoming and friendly hosts!! Loved the retro style, made it feel like home. Happy hour was a hit and I got to try several Belgian beers from the comfort of 'home' :) thanks Bridget & Greg you were a big part of my getting to know and love Antwerp. Also I really liked to location, good to be out of the city but still close enough to walk everywhere. Everything was always properly cleaned too so thank you Franci too!

Great hostel! Comfortable beds, cool atmosphere, nice common area and kitchen. Greg and Bridget were lovely and very helpful when I had any questions. Super clean as well thanks to Franzi!

Amazing hostel!! Great atmosphere and quirky/cool common space. The singl only problem for me was the beds squeaked- a solvable problem I'm sure.

Great place. And we met some great people too. Abhostel would definitely be my first choice of hostel if i come back to Antwerp!

a bit of a walk to things, you need to get the trams which are easy to catch. or walk about an hour to get into the main area. staff were friendly and helpful, kitchen and outdoor area facilities were great.

Great place! Great people!

• 13th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

I was here for 2 nights I had an amazing time. The couple who owned the hostel were great and the temporary staff (backpackers/travelers) were wonderful. We had a great time with the people in the hostel and I felt welcome instantly. I will be back here someday.

• 12th Jun 2015

Really amazing atmosphere!! Not only did the owner wait for us to personally say hi, but also she gave us plenty of tips about nice places. She's an awesome, warm and hospitable person who runs this place, because she's got a backpacker soul and wants to meet new people and make them feel at home. And later on her husband explained to us the secrets of Belgian beer :). As far as the location is concerned, the hostel is not in the centre, but there are several nice places around where locals go.

Abhostel is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. It was like a home away from home for me and I had the best time there. Very clean and comfortable - the best way to spend a sunny afternoon is in a hammock outside on the terrace with a beer from their beer vending machine to hand. What are you waiting for? Greg and Bridget will welcome you and show you the best places to visit in the fab city of Antwerp.

• 11th Jun 2015

This place is now on my top ten list of best hostels ever. My only complaint is that I couldn't stay longer :-)

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. I would highly recommend it. Atmosphere really great and all the staff are nice