Abhostel Reviews

Kattenberg 110, Antwerp, Belgium

By far the best hostel experience we had on our trip across Europe. At first we were intimidated by the location, but the staff/owners made us feel very comfortable. Very good vibes, awesome kitchen and hang out area, friendly staff. 10/10 would stay there longer if we could have.

You should definitely stay here. Great place to meet and hang out with people. Really chilled-out vibe. Owner I met was lovely and obviously intended to create the great atmosphere. There is some good stuff in the area but the location could be slightly closer to the cbd. Although I suspect that part of the charm of this place is inherent in the fact that it isn't right in the cbd. The way the people working here talk bout the place is testament to how good it is. Oh, and great beer menu!

Staff was great! Excellent hostel for solo travelers. Nice kitchen facility. You're out of the way from the downtown which has pros and cons but the staff will tell you cool places to go in the neighborhood.

The location is far from the center, about 20 min walk. The main entrance works with a code and (specifically my room) had no key, so it was always open. The beds are made and the lockers are inside the room. The staff is one of the greatest, helpful, friendly and talkative. Making social dinners and pubcrawls. The facilities are great too, a small TV cinema in the hall, great kitchen and living room, lots of places to seat and backyard with BBQ and hammocks.

Absolutely amazing hostel. I stayed during Greg's birthday and had a great time. ABHostel definitely made my stay in Antwerp worth it. It's a small hostel where everyone interacts with each other. The staff makes sure you have a good time, and are very knowledgable on the area. Beer is cheap, wifi is good, and there are even hammocks on the patio; you can't ask for much more. Trust me, if you stay here, you won't regret it.

Very nice hostel, feels like living in a community. The staff were very friendly.

this hostel is phenomenal! I was supposed to stay for two days, but ended up being there 8. the atmosphere is so beautifully chill, and the staff are great! I would recommend abhostel to anyone.

Very personal hostel. Small and cozy. It was Greg, the owners, birthday while we were there and he bought us all beer that night. It's ran by travellers so friendships had been formed and new comers are taken in with a grain of salt. Wonderful place overall, wouldn't mind bigger lockers.

awesome hostel. dont be put of by the location

In general a very nice hostel with great staff. It felt like there were not enough showers and toilets for the amount of people staying there, though. Also a bit uncomfortable that showers and bathrooms were located in the same, very small room (unisex). They should at least add a door between shower stalls and bathroom stalls.

• 26th Aug 2015

Best hostel I've stayed in so far, well run and great atmosphere :) one of the staff named Caitlin was especially helpful and welcoming. Would recommend this place to anyone.

Really lovely staff and atmosphere! Evan and Caitlin cooked the best dinners and were very helpful! Would definitely recommend.

Perfect! This is a unique hostel that has good facilities. However the thing that sets this apart from other hostels is the staff. I would stay here again in a heart beat!

Amazing hostel, lovely staff and really nice space/rooms. Good free breakfast and happy hour two euro beers in the evening- good location near city bikes and a carrefour, 15 mins to the station. Would definitely stay again :)

Really great atmosphere, lots of things to do, and boat loads of character

• 21st Aug 2015

Super cool hostel with great staff, a great kitchen, areas to chill out. Only downside is that it's a bit further from downtown than I would've liked, although a 15 minute walk isn't bad by any means.

Originally booked in for 4 days and decided to stay for another 4 because this place was too great. The staff is super friendly, especially this guy that was working there named Nick. Super genuine dude that was happy to help with everything you need. He did pub crawls and was super enthusiastic to meet everyone. He really helped make the experience a lot better. The hostel is super clean and has an awesome at atmosphere. Hammock chilling with Nick happened almost everyday. Breakfast was free!

Best hostel out there @

These people are the most amazing people I met! This isn't a hostel you are staying at, it is a tight knit community. It feels like home! I would definitely recommend it!

I love this place...will be back definitely.