Abhostel Reviews

Kattenberg 110, Antwerp, Belgium

Naomi was a very friendly receptionist, and the owner Greg was also very welcoming to all the guests. The rooms were spacious, but there was only one bathroom for all the dorms. The location is not ideal since it's quite far from the historical district, but it's still close to public transportation and the price makes up for that.

My stay at Abhostel was nothing but comfortable. The staff is very helpful when providing information regarding what is around the hostel that might facilitate your stay in Antwerp. The location is very convenient and not far at all from the city's center. Rooms are clean daily like clockwork, but the facility in general is very well kept.

We really enjoyed our stay at Abhostel. The lady who checked us in was incredibly helpful and gave us lots of tips about Antwerp without us even asking. The kitchen was great for making breakfast in the morning and the rooms were very comfortable. It is located quite a walk from the main square but it is easy to find and trams run up and down the road frequently. I would definitely recommend Abhostel to anyone visiting Antwerp.

Really cool hostel with the best common area and kitchen I've been to anywhere in Europe. A great place to stay if you're travelling alone and want to meet other people. The only negative I can come up with is that there's no luggage storage and you have to be completely out of the hostel by 11 which isn't great if you want to spend the day in Antwerp. There are some lockers in the station but they cost at least 3 euros for a small bag.

• 2nd Aug 2014

It was the best hostel i have ever seen. So nice and private..With all this little details the hosts put in it..too cool! You have this nice terrace to hang around with the other travellers..and we cooked and watched dvds together...no atmosphere like this in no other hostel i was in!

• 2nd Aug 2014

The staff and the atmosphere is awesome, i felt like in home. Although the hostel is not in the downtown is a great place for stay because the neighborhood is interesting too.

FANTASTIC Hostel. The family who run abHostel are very pleasant, easy going people. Greg is great to have a chat with as is Bridget and the boys. The facilities are great with an ample kitchen, great provided breakfast and comfy beds. The hostel is a little out of the city centre, but it's only a 15 minute walk, or even better *hire a bike* from around the corner. Had a great time in Antwerp thanks to abHostel.

Overall nice family-run hostel. Check-in is tricky as the staff is there only for a few hours at a time. One strange problem I had was the owners don't want you to hang around at the hostel after you checked out. They initially suggested me to keep my bag at the station if I wanted to do more sightseeing in the afternoon. They grudgingly allowed me to leave my bag for a few hours but afterwards, they really wanted me to get out. Unusual practice for a hostel and not very accommodating.

One of the best hostels we've stayed at. They're super helpful and have lots of street magazines etc with tips from locals on what to do. Free breakfast with eggs, museli, bread and spreads (including speculoos!) was really nice. Must stay here if you're visiting Antwerp and make use of their rooftop terrace.

Real backpackers. In the right place :))) thanks for your lovely comment!! Xb