Abhostel Reviews

Kattenberg 110, Antwerp, Belgium

Very friendly host and staff. The type of backpacker this hostel attracts is also very nice.

Thank you!! We try our best to attract only the really nice backpackers!! Xab

Really cosy and friendly hostel. Met some really nice people, and the owners are always around helping you with whatever you need. Breakfast is good, they have a lovely kitchen and common room where you can just spend hours nd hours, just having a beer, playing guitar, playing foosball or just chilling in one of the hammocks. Also, they have a barbacue and there are some supermarkets in the area where you can stock up. They sell beer within the hostel and the rooms are nice.

Thank you!!! We also think a cosy, lovely kitchen and common room is really important to meet some really nice people. Happy you enjoyed the bbq, hammocks, cheap beers and the local supermarkets! Xab

One of my favorite hostels of the trip. Affable staff and a a very hospitable environment, easy to meet people in. Location is interesting, I loved being stuck in the Moroccan district but if you came to party your head off, your in the wrong city, let alone the hostel. Boston loves Antwerp/Abhostel.

Lots of emphasis on getting everyone social here, made it a great place

Lovely very homely hostel.

• 10th Jul 2015

Thank you for sharing and loving our home with us !! Xab

Great place to stay. I would definitely recommend. Only downside is it's a few km's from the city centre, but there is a tram right down the street to take you anywhere

Great you found our place great! We re indeed 1km from the city center really easy to reach by the trams or bikes around the corner. And we have those great extras for being of the beaten track ;) xab

Not in the most happening location but the staff were very friendly and gave great insight about everything to do in and around the city. The owners are a couple who treats everyone like their own children, awesome value for your money!

• 7th Jul 2015

We re happy to help you, sweet children ;) xab

clean, friendly staff, nice place for be!

• 6th Jul 2015

We re happy you found our place nice&clean and us friendly xb

Great hostel, feels like home and they treat you like family!

Thanks fir sharing our home and the familyfeel ! Thanks guys! Xab

What a lovely stay at the Abhostel. We arrived as guests and truly left as friends.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Belgium

That s what always hope!! Merci! Xab

Owners are very nice. Never had a problem. Would stay again if I ever went to Antwerp again..

• 3rd Jul 2015

Happy you never had a problem! Please do come back :) xab

We had a great time at abhostel. It was very clean and the owners were very helpful and friendly . It was a nicely maintained place for a backpacker. The only problem I had was that the bathroom was common for all, it was a bit small for common use.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • India

Oooh dear sweet girls. We re so sorry you thought we only have bathroom! We do have one small on the first floor. But also a big one on the ground floor and another one in the loft. We re happy you even had a great time ! Xb

a little out of the way from city centre but only a few tram stops and so many bike rental places it makes it worth it. cool hostel with good kitchen. only weird thing was that there were no keys for the doors it just stayed open but there are lockers with keys. recommend

Me encanto, I love it, If I go to Atnwerpt again I will stay there. I love the atmosphere.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Chile

This hostel felt like a home away from home. I loved the atmosphere, decorations and overall feel of the space. Also, the community feel of the people staying there helped me feel accepted. Some minor suggestions: more frequent cleaning of showers, improved wifi connectivity and possibly keeping the backdoors closed (a lot of flies and mosquitoes get in and I was bitten a few times). The location is a 30-40 minute walk from the city center, but on a tram line.

• 27th Jun 2015

The setup of this hostel is phenomenal. There is plenty of space and the owners are very welcoming and armed with all kinds of recommendations proudly displayed in their entry way. Definitely worth a visit.

This hostel was by far one of the best hostels I haved stayed in in Europe! When I arrived Greg was there to give me a tour, as well as recommend various bars, restaurants, attractions and festivals in the city. Greg and Bridget are extremely friendly and hospitable and their hostel is very cozy and has the best atmosphere. I also very much enjoyed getting to know the friendly and helpful staff (Marcel and Franzie!!) If you are in Antwerp, this is for sure the place to stay!!

• 26th Jun 2015

This is a really great hostel. The owners are the nicest people you're likely to meet and they helped us out a lot with directions and information about Antwerp. The location is great. It's right next to a cheap bike rental station and the bikes can be dropped off or picked up anywhere in the city. There's a tram stop a 2 minute walk away. The tram takes about 5 minutes to arrive at central Antwerp. The hostel is eco conscious and there is a laid back atmosphere and cheap beer available.

Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever visited. The lovely staff and owners know exactly what a traveler needs; the atmosphere is just great thanks to the warm common area, the happy hour and the high quality population over the hostel. They would give you all the information you need about Antwerp and will make sure you have a perfect visit. Don't miss the chance to stay over there! thanks a lot for a great weekend!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Israel

Welcoming and friendly hosts!! Loved the retro style, made it feel like home. Happy hour was a hit and I got to try several Belgian beers from the comfort of 'home' :) thanks Bridget & Greg you were a big part of my getting to know and love Antwerp. Also I really liked to location, good to be out of the city but still close enough to walk everywhere. Everything was always properly cleaned too so thank you Franci too!