Abhostel Reviews

Kattenberg 110, Antwerp, Belgium

It was an amazing place to stay. It is right next to the tram so easily accessible. The staff is super nice and the WiFi is great. The terrace is really nice and the place is quite big.

A bit cozy and out of the way, but Greg makes Abhostel feel like home. They are really helpful and knowledgeable about the bars, restaurants, and sights in the city. Plus, the lounge area is a great place to meet people and be entertained.

• 26th May 2014

Quite far away from the city center in a very quiet neighbourhood lies Abhostel. Once you enter it's a very nice, clean and friendly environement. The owner, Gert, is a friendly Belgian who knows a lot about the city, places to see and especially bars. They're not really fond of bigger groups (since it's not a party hostel). Clean, big rooms with locks on the door and free lockers. Breakfast is ok. Lots of games and books. When checking out you have to immediately leave the hostel as well.

• 23rd May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This place really is something special. Very clean, SUPER helpful staff and a great location! The breakfast is miles ahead of other places we've been. The common room and kitchen were great too. The only thing I can complain about is the shower temperature, but it's not as if it was freezing or even uncomfortable. Would definitely recommend this place to friends! They really treat you like family! Thanks Greg and Bridget, we will see you again!

a very good hostel

i couldn't stay in better place. thans guys

Thank you!!! Xb

I wasn't in love with the immediate area, but thought the hostel was creatively run and a great place. I felt very welcome and was given a good tour on arrival. The facilities on offer are good (& I love the idea of eco-showers, though in reality the water wasn't hot enough - it feels just about warm enough on your hand/body, but perhaps suited to more hardy travellers for full-on hair-washing!). I loved the little notes everywhere and slogans on the walls. Clean, friendly place & lovely staff.

Was a cool place to meet other travelers and I met a few great ones, but I'm interested in meeting locals and their culture...was a bit out of the main areas but I needed to lose weight so that was a forced bonus...get to the showers early as the "hot" water runs out quickly..breakfast was excellent as they had eggs!! So many hostels are just meat cheese and bread...antwerp was a cool city than I discovered only cuz I wanted to see where the beginning of Snatch was filmed in the diamond district

That s our goal, a cool place where you can meet fellow travellers! Happy we succeed:) to meet locals, we re at the best spot, but you need to leave the hostel ;) our showers,... We try to keep them as eco friendly as possible but certainly as guest friendly as possible, without push buttons. It s hardly impossible we run out of hot water, so please give us some feed back!! Happy you found our breakfast exellent. I wish I could lose weight by just walking 1km to the diamond district :) xb

Really cool hostel and very friendly. Great common area and kitchen for socialising and meeting new people or cooking. Thanks for a great stay :)

Thank you for helping to create such a great atmosphere! Xb

The best hostel experience in my life so far. It's a very friendly and youthful place, I would go back anytime.

• 4th May 2014
  • Hungary

Geen Nederlands ;) dankuuuuuu! We hopen je snel terug te zien! Xb

Such an awesome place. the set up was great, everything was super clean and the owners really helpful. not sure why reviews say location isnt great, we loved in. in a cute neighborhood and only 2 tram stops from central station. overall great value for money. Thanks for having us :) Mel and Eliza x

• 4th May 2014

We also love our neighbourhood! Happy you do too :) thanks for staying at our place!! Xb

this is a great hostel with nice atmosphere! helpful and welcoming staff. the location is good, too, just 2 stops away travelling by tram, easy to find. I just do not like that eco-friendly shower, but I would still recommend this hostel if your travel to Antewerp.

Happy you found our place great and easy to find! We also loved the nice atmosphere. We try to be eco friendly as much as without giving up.on comfort (no pushbuttons, no cold water, no waterlimit,...) It would be great if you could explain us what you did not like. Thanks for recommending us !!! Xb

The hostel was a little difficult to find and not clearly sign posted. The rooftop area was good and they had large common area to interact with fellow travellers. The hostel is not in the nicest part of town. The owners are very welcoming, but are quite strict when it comes to what time you need to check out.

BEST HOSTEL EVERRRR ! Funky neighborhood with best local pubs and restos and great locals ;-). Rooftop area ! Beermachine ! Really big kitchen with herbs, FREE coffee, tea, water, WiFi, breakfast (huge choice) DVDs, boardgames,... laundry service ! Showers without pushbuttons ! hairdryer ! Only 2 tramstops or 10 min walk from Central Station, touristy part. But this is definitely THE BEST PART of Antwerp for backpackers. Thanks B & G, love you and abhostel, the best !!

• 27th Apr 2014